Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Can you remember the last title  winner without a top class DM? Probably United 10+ years ago. We don’t need to reinvent the wheel, we know what works.
That team had Michael Carrick, a massively underrated deep lying midfielder. He was excellent in that season where RVP won them the league.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Liverpool Audio/Video Thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 09:55:08 pm »

a cracking youtube playlist of 317+ matches on Liverpool from the 1970's (both full matches and highlights)...

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2Pw6E_pxDEyE99oxpvn_vlob3uq3iekK

^ 'classic LIVERPOOL FC from the 70s' - by Paul Turner
Just watched the 1st episode of dead boy Detectives they are kind of Ghost Ghostbusters I didn't realise it as part of the Sandman universe

Enjoyed the 1st one looking forward to the rest of the series

Going to watch the 1st one of Knuckles now
Sorry my doesn't 'really matter' comment was shorthand for how it isn't a 'huge priority,' isn't 'necessary to spend big on' and isn't 'likely to improve your results that much'. My sense is that DMs actually can move the dial more than you think they do. I may well be wrong on that but it's interesting that Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool were willing to go over £100 million for DMs in the summer, perhaps they're less fungible than the common narrative on here? I reckon we're much more vulnerable than we could be defensively because we're not very good in transition and we're not good in transition partly because our deepest lying midfielder is often one of the worst athletes on the pitch. Admittedly some of the fees for DMs comes from their on ball work not just defensive work but I also think we could do with an upgrade here. Are our difficulties in beating a press entirely systemic or is personnel playing a role too? In many systems the DM is a key player in progressing the ball through a press, I reckon our inability to do it (quite often this season) is partly down to issues with the DM.

Can you remember the last title  winner without a top class DM? Probably United 10+ years ago. We don’t need to reinvent the wheel, we know what works.
OK. Question one...

In the mid 1960s, the U.S. Army replaced all existing infantry guns with the M-16 rifle, and which fixed-rate, repeat-fire machine gun?
'

:lmao
Answer - The Suez canal
I don't buy it that Taylor deliberately cheated (our season done anyway, under massive scrutiny after being the ref against Forest last week). He's fucked up and tried to cover it up, as will SYP Webb in getting their stories straight.

Soft arse Liverpool will not make a big deal of it and it'll be swept under the carpet. Imagine if that happened to Forest today to deny them an equaliser.
Been lovely here, mowed the lawns, washed the front flags and washed the car inside and out all after 5pm.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 09:47:23 pm »
He has plenty of end product, just that it's primarily as sub.

The game vs West Ham (in fact most of this season), our attacking play was slow, with everyone overplaying it. 28 shots but very few clear cut, it was ponderous. The midfield is slow, and the slow build up from there is infectious which is why I think Harvey also took too many touches at times. Think this slow play is also why Nunez has suffered quite alot. The good news is Slot demands speed (as Jurgen once did).

Think it has been difficult him starting games over the past two seasons especially with the midfield having little speed and physicality to offset his slight frame. Having a monster of a DM in there he would be one of many that would benefit. The physicality has increased in the league and players like him can be all too easily overpowered now. The game he started away at Inter a few seasons back, he looked completely lost in that massive San Siro pitch, like a lad from the stands had been given a run out, and it was like playing with 10 players. Think that might have been his last game that season (he had returned from his ankle injury). He has bulked up since then so has recognised the physical demands needed are high.

He looks a world class sub, and it's an invaluable role. He talks about wanting to start games, but there is nothing wrong in that role as a game changer from the bench. When he comes on he is able to change the tempo of play, something you cannot do from the start which is probably why he looks much less effective when he does. Plus when he starts he's at the same level of freshness as all the others, again harder to stand out. When we are on top and need someone to change things up, unsettle a defence that has played 60, he is the player to do that. Fabulous player and a great attitude.
I wonder what the odds are that we get linked with Koopmeiners (again). He's been quoted as saying he wants to leave Atalanta.

This is a no brainer for Slot. Superb presser and very athletic his wikpedia says he has 25 goals in 92 games for Atlanta which is better than 1 in 4 excellent for a midfielder. He is horrible to play against as we have seen against us. Slot had him at AZ Alkamar and is now entering his prime years at 26 years old. We really have a lack of players in the 25-30 age bracket. He would probably cost around 40m and would be superb in the double pivot with Macca. Also another captain and leader which you can never have enough of.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10