Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 147900 times)

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match
« Reply #1040 on: August 13, 2011, 06:25:13 pm »
hard to understand how some cannot fathom the concept that we did indeed pay newcastlte 35 million.
Fernando Llorente could have been signed for 35million this summer.

As I said i hope to god Carroll proves me wrong.

If what i was hearing at the time was right - we approached him before Carroll & he didn't want to come here. 

You might remember that we didn't have much time to get a deal done and needed to replace the striker we were losing.
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1041 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:03 pm »
You cannot play Aquilani deep as part of a 2. He is a good player but he is only going to succeed in England where he has little defensive responsibilty. When we don't have possession Aquilani is about as useful as tits on a nun, in a deep lying midfield role.
I don't see why not. I think he's better off the ball defensively than Adam is, Gerrard too in some ways (in that while Gerrard's a vastly, vastly better tackler Aquilani, like Meireles, isn't bad at all at closing players down.) That said, I'd still like to see of Meireles alongside Lucas, that's a very good partnership off the ball and the combination won't offer opposition midfielders much time on the ball.

I fear that a consequence of playing Adam in any given game will be giving the opposition midfield a fair bit of time on the ball, though at the very least he could be a class option to have in the squad.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1042 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »
KD: "If you're in the middle of the goal and want to go around the goalkeeper, it's very difficult not to go away from goal, isn't it?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »
If what i was hearing at the time was right - we approached him before Carroll & he didn't want to come here. 

You might remember that we didn't have much time to get a deal done and needed to replace the striker we were losing.

we could have waited six months no problem....carroll didnt play much anyway and we had nothing to play for.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1044 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:47 pm »
Played really well first half today, was really impressed with Downing and Enrique. People need to just forget about Henderson's price tag and let him develop as a player. He just tried to keep things simple today and will grow into his role at the club. I think we'll see him learning his trade out on the right and then gradually moved into the middle, like Gerrard when he was younger. Adam technically is very good, but has got a lot to learn tactically and with his positional sense. He will though because he is at bigger club now with better players around him. He only has to look at how Lucas has improved his positional sense and reading of the game over the last 2 years.
As for the ref, what a cock. Where in the rule book is that not a sending off, first game of the season and only 4 minutes in, he bottled it. Although I don't know why Suarez took it, he's great player but he does like to strike the ball with a lot of power which is not always the best for pens, just had feeling he would miss. Surely it's down to Kenny who is taking the pens, and Adam had the ball in his hands until Suarez asked him for it. Again back to Dowd, didn't see much wrong with Carroll's goal, although I was the other side of the ground.
No need to be dis-heartened the team needs time gel and it will, and that fat headed twat always seems to do well against us.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1045 on: August 13, 2011, 06:26:53 pm »
I still don't know why Aquilani didn't play,he could bring the creativity our midfield lacks.

His on/off transfer saga during the summer might give you a clue....

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1046 on: August 13, 2011, 06:27:22 pm »
we could have waited six months no problem....carroll didnt play much anyway and we had nothing to play for.

Nothing to play for ? ? ?
Fuck my life!

the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2011, 06:27:32 pm »
They at it again, dominating possession with no end product ??
They basically look as good as we did defensively today and prettier in attack without the cutting edge so far.  On this showing they are really beatable but only if we sort out our defence
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline Get

• ...ting perilously close to being banned, so even the avatar is WRONG!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Support Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #1048 on: August 13, 2011, 06:27:40 pm »
WHAT the fuck have they been doing during pre season? slow, no energy out of breath by 60min in the other half. the fitness staff need to wake up

Andy, Suarez and Downing the only positiv, the rest played like shit, and the adam and lucas midfield in a 4-2-2 was awful, two deep lying midfilders with no connection between the two strikers was what made sunderland play like a home team and us like a away team. and irony that the best player during pre season wasn't on the pitch.

Yeah i know i know... first game etc, but first it was it's only pre season, now it's just the beginning of the season and later on it will be it's still only half a season.

Henderson and flanagan were awful, the goal we conceded was simply stupid and pointless.
Quote from: Fordy on July 20, 2012, 01:24:46 PM
Anything more that 6m for Joe Allen and we have been ripped off.

Loads of Joe allens out there.

I would like to see him stay at Swansea myself and see if he can have another decent season. He is a championship player - players like a championship player.

Offline malaujai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2011, 06:27:49 pm »
Generally, I think we possibly used up too much energy without the return (i.e., goals). We had a superb first half because we were quick to close down and quick to get forward. Downing was very fast and dynamic whenever he got on the ball (shame he didn't score with his effort...), and Adam looked like he bossed the midfield quite well. Unfortunately, we didn't get that second goal and they both looked tired in the second half.

Lucas looked a bit off today, didn't have the sharpness he usually does, but he hasn't been back for long. Suarez was also good in the first half and he worked his socks off in the second, but also seemed to lack a bit of sharpness in the later stages of the game... There isn't much to be said about Henderson to be honest... I guess that's both a good and bad thing.

Enrique played well considering he's only trained maybe once with the squad. There were some situations in the match where he looked somewhat lost when he was up the pitch, but this will obviously be rectified with time and more training sessions. On the other hand, I thought Flanagan had a poor match, especially in the later stages when the pressure was on. He's young and he will learn, but I think I'd prefer to see Kelly there next week against Arsenal...

I think a lack of match fitness/preparedness is really what let us down today...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:30:38 pm by malaujai »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: August 13, 2011, 06:28:20 pm »
Not sure why people keep saying its our first game like its ok to drop 2 points, because thats basically what we did today.

The Aqua situation needs sorting and sorting this week. If he's staying then Kenny dropped a massive clanger today as he's been our best player pre season and should've started, fair enough if he's off though him going actually weakens our squad.

Also our fitness levels are bloody shit and today shows those pre season games actually we're important and should've been taken more seriously by coaching staff.

The ref was a twat but that game should've been over first half even with the ref being useless.
Agree about the fitness bit. A lot of people are pointing out we tired in the second half. To be honest, I'd much rather we just played shitly, because there really isn't much excuse for tiring half way through the 2nd half in the first game of the season, in a game where we'd dominated possession in the first half, and where we weren't even working particularly hard off the ball.

I'd understand it if we'd been pressing them like absolute demons, harassing high up the pitch, but we weren't doing that at all - we dropped off and dropped pretty deep for the most part.

Offline Dmode101

• Kopite
  • Being a reds fan is like match day, everyday.
« Reply #1051 on: August 13, 2011, 06:28:44 pm »
No he wasnt.

Lucas didn't play well today - but he played consistantly at a very high level for almost the whole of last season with little/no rest, won the fans player of the year, and then had to fly to South America in the summer for another vital tournament for his country. No holiday, no rest, no time off, and pressure every game.

But you're right, he had a bit of an off day today - we should sell him.

I am seeing what I am seeing as a limited player. If he is that good, he would be one of the players other top clubs are trying to buy from us. especially those south american players are notorious for moving around once a much better offer comes. Theres alot of my liverpool fan mates who dislike his limitations as well as many who rates him. the truth should be somewhere in the middle. unlike aquilani who, in any forum, and any news article comments you see overwhelming acknowledge ment to his talents.

Lucas at best is a great backup to a top club like liverpool. he has above average ratings in most attributes BUT a master of none. he is an enigma.
If you judge people for what they are not who they are, you will make genuine friends rather than friends of circumstance.

Offline thom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: August 13, 2011, 06:29:23 pm »
His on/off transfer saga during the summer might give you a clue....

His preseason games were impressive enough for me to play him in the starting eleven or at least bring him on.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1053 on: August 13, 2011, 06:29:24 pm »
They basically look as good as we did defensively today and prettier in attack without the cutting edge so far.  On this showing they are really beatable but only if we sort out our defence

Cheers , will switch that on now, forgot it was on to be honest.
Difficult game though that next week.

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1054 on: August 13, 2011, 06:30:50 pm »
if you love stats like youve mentioned. then why not play mireles. he was the BEST EPL voted player right? fool. tell how he played well today? go on.

No need for any swearing nor name calling.

If Lucas is just a squad player, LFC is in real trouble and we have a very small squad because the only players who are as good at their jobs as Lucas is at his, probably Reina, Agger, Gerrard, and Suarez.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:04 pm »
Nothing to play for ? ? ?
Fuck my life!

if you think there is a difference between finishing 6th and 10th, then yes we did.

we didnt stand a chance neither for the league or for 4th place. so no, we could have waited.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1056 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:12 pm »
Although I don't know why Suarez took it, he's great player but he does like to strike the ball with a lot of power which is not always the best for pens, just had feeling he would miss. Surely it's down to Kenny who is taking the pens, and Adam had the ball in his hands until Suarez asked him for it.

I'm sure that Suarez will take and score plenty of pens in the future but my money (& preference) would've been on Adam taking it.  Great striker of the dead ball.
Then again when SG is back he'll probably want to take them.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:29 pm »
Lucas at best is a great backup to a top club like liverpool. he has above average ratings in most attributes BUT a master of none. he is an enigma.
Yet he's the best DM in the league, comfortably so, barring perhaps De Jong, who I'd rate as on the same level. I struggle to think of many better DM's in Europe either.

If he does end up back up here then the player that takes his place in DM will be a fucking monster, and on today's evidence I'd take Lucas as the 'creative' option in CM ahead of Adam too.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1058 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:55 pm »
I see all the massive Bell-ends are out in force..

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: August 13, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »
Watching Arsenal here, they look genuinely unimpressive. 4th is definitely attainable after watching that.
They are away to a better team than Sunderland, I expect they are saying the same about us, I also expect they will replace some of the players they have lost. We will need to improve if we are to get a result against them next.

Offline Jayo10

• Kopite
« Reply #1060 on: August 13, 2011, 06:32:57 pm »
KD: "If you're in the middle of the goal and want to go around the goalkeeper, it's very difficult not to go away from goal, isn't it?

It was a ridiculous decision not to send him off in fairness. when you see the replay you can clearly see he had a tap into an empty net, it wasn't as if he went too far wide.

Stone wall sending off.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: August 13, 2011, 06:33:03 pm »
Why does that make him an enigma?

Surely being above average in all areas is a VERY GOOD THING in CM, where you have to, at one point or another, do pretty much all the other jobs on the pitch?

It's the area where it really, really pays to have no real weaknesses, and yet still people persist in using that as a criticism of the lad? I really don't get it.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1062 on: August 13, 2011, 06:33:05 pm »
if you think there is a difference between finishing 6th and 10th, then yes we did.

we didnt stand a chance neither for the league or for 4th place. so no, we could have waited.

If only Kenny had called you eh!
Sometimes you just have to laugh I guess.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1063 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:18 pm »
I see all the massive Bell-ends are out in force..
Aye, the new season is well under way.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #1064 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:19 pm »
Agree about the fitness bit. A lot of people are pointing out we tired in the second half. To be honest, I'd much rather we just played shitly, because there really isn't much excuse for tiring half way through the 2nd half in the first game of the season, in a game where we'd dominated possession in the first half, and where we weren't even working particularly hard off the ball.

I'd understand it if we'd been pressing them like absolute demons, harassing high up the pitch, but we weren't doing that at all - we dropped off and dropped pretty deep for the most part.

Enrique's first game after 1 day with the squad. Suarez and Lucas just back from a major tournament. Brand new midfield that has played together only twice in pre-season....

Combination of a few players tiring and the need for the team to gel and develop understandings in areas is the way i see it.The first half alone is reason to be encouraged.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:21 pm »

aggghhhhh FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

It's been one game ffs!

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1066 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:24 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly, Meireles and Kuyt return to our starting eleven next week.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #1067 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:25 pm »
I am seeing what I am seeing as a limited player. If he is that good, he would be one of the players other top clubs are trying to buy from us. especially those south american players are notorious for moving around once a much better offer comes. Theres alot of my liverpool fan mates who dislike his limitations as well as many who rates him. the truth should be somewhere in the middle. un liek aquilani who is any forum and any news article comments you see overwhelming acknowledge ment to his talents.

This is very two seasons ago...

Whatever your opinion may be in terms of talent, to suggest that Aquilani has done more for this club than Lucas just because he cost us 17m is ludicrus. Lucas has fought tooth and nail for this club, through good times and bad, never moaned, done his job, improved upon his weaknesses, stayed fit and won a player of the year award, from the fans. Aquilani has sat on our treatment table, been loaned out, had a couple of good games under Rafa and a decent pre-season, and he is worth more to Liverpool than Lucas? No fucking chance lad.

Alberto is a talented lad but he is knowhere near as reliable as Lucas in terms of consistancy or fitness.

They play different midfield roles anyway, so this discussion is muted.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1068 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »
So the sum total of debate after one game of the season in here from the whoppers, is that every new signing is poor, we have wasted money on everyone and what would Rafa have done with the money. Said it before, but I genuinely have lost the will to post on here anymore. I knew this would happen if we didn't win 5-0.

Some awful, awful support we have these days. And I don't even mean people genuinely having reservations about some players etc, or saying certain others didn't play well. That's fine. It's the extreme over reactions, knee-jerking and just unbelievable things trotted out after one game of the season.

Certainly won't be posting much in here this season. This is after one game. Fans already on the managers back, and not even in a fair, reasoned way. Just on his back. And I thought the Aquilani thread was a joke.
 :wanker
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1069 on: August 13, 2011, 06:34:45 pm »
It was a ridiculous decision not to send him off in fairness. when you see the replay you can clearly see he had a tap into an empty net, it wasn't as if he went too far wide.

Stone wall sending off.

It was, but we score the pen and all is good. Just get sick of blaming poor decisions by Referee's.
You'd think we'd be used to it by now.
There is no conspiracy, its life.
Lets rise above it.

Offline Stevando_Torrard

• Anny Roader
  • When the time is right...
« Reply #1070 on: August 13, 2011, 06:35:12 pm »
1st half was good. Ran out if steam (and ideas!) in the second.

Another day we win that one, but it wasn't meant to be.

Offline Suspect Package.

• Legacy Fan
  • Wingers? ....wait, we do have wingers now?
« Reply #1071 on: August 13, 2011, 06:35:36 pm »
Serious question, does RAWK have an 'ignore poster' option so their posts don't show up?

A lot of forums do, and I feel I may need one to cope with this coming season.
I'm really hoping Sturridge busts out the wacky dip when he scores.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #1072 on: August 13, 2011, 06:35:43 pm »
So the sum total of debate after one game of the season in here from the whoppers, is that every new signing is poor, we have wasted money on everyone and what would Rafa have done with the money.
Said it before, but I genuinely have lost the will to post on here anymore. I knew this would happen if we didn't win 5-0.

Some awful, awful support we have these days. And I don't even mean people genuinely having reservations about some players etc, or saying certain others didn't play well. That's fine. It's the extreme over reactions, knee-jerking and just unbelievable things trotted out after one game of the season.

Certainly won't be posting much in here this season. This is after one game.
Knee jerk reaction that mate, fucking RAWK off after 1 game?! FFS!
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1073 on: August 13, 2011, 06:35:48 pm »
So the sum total of debate after one game of the season in here from the whoppers, is that every new signing is poor, we have wasted money on everyone and what would Rafa have done with the money.
Said it before, but I genuinely have lost the will to post on here anymore. I knew this would happen if we didn't win 5-0.

Certainly won't be posting much in here this season. This is after one game.

Dont let em get you down mate.
Its not worth it.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #1074 on: August 13, 2011, 06:35:54 pm »
I'm sure that Suarez will take and score plenty of pens in the future but my money (& preference) would've been on Adam taking it.  Great striker of the dead ball.
Then again when SG is back he'll probably want to take them.

Our two first choices will still be Gerrard and Kuyt. But it did look like Adam had been told it was his duty today, as he ran straight for the ball and picked it up, then Suarez seem to just ask him if he could take it.
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1076 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:01 pm »
Exactly. Anyone with a grain of knowledge about the attacking side of the game knows that's what a striker does in a situation like the one earlier. Suarez was a millisecond away from finding the net, I don't think goalscoring opportunities come any clearer. I hate to lapse into Allerton mode after mere hours of the new season, but if the same scenario was played out at Old Trafford I'm 100% sure it would've been a red.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 06:38:21 pm by S »

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #1077 on: August 13, 2011, 06:36:21 pm »
His preseason games were impressive enough for me to play him in the starting eleven or at least bring him on.

Shop window and all that.

I agree that if he is/was likely to stay then i would definately have started with him.  Yesterday my prediction of the starting line up included Aqua and I do rate him as a player.
People seem to forget how good he was for the 10 games or so at the end of Rafa's last season.

However, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes and KK will have a very good reason for leaving him out. 

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #1078 on: August 13, 2011, 06:37:05 pm »
Serious question, does RAWK have an 'ignore poster' option so their posts don't show up?

A lot of forums do, and I feel I may need one to cope with this coming season.

I believe it has, Im on many ignore lists myself.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #1079 on: August 13, 2011, 06:37:06 pm »
Alberto is a talented lad but he is knowhere near as reliable as Lucas in terms of consistancy or fitness.

Would be only fair to give him at least one chance after a superb pre-season.