Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (home vs United - 05/05 - 14:00 ko) (*)  (Read 601131 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women 2018-19 season updates (*)
« Reply #2640 on: July 1, 2019, 10:22:24 am »
7/8 September (details still TBC)

Arsenal vs West Ham
Birmingham vs Everton
Bristol vs Brighton
Chelsea vs Tottenham
Liverpool vs Reading
Manchester City vs Manchester United

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2641 on: July 2, 2019, 02:51:13 pm »
Liverpool FC Women will embark on their first ever pre-season tour of the United States of America later this month.

Vicky Jepson’s squad will cross the Atlantic on July 16 alongside Jürgen Klopp’s men’s team as they build up their preparations for the new Women’s Super League (WSL) season.

The club’s official family partner, Joie Baby, will host the Reds stateside, where the squad will undertake a pre-season training camp, including playing two games for specially-invited guests.

The tour will include stops in the same three destinations as the men, namely Notre Dame in Indiana, Boston and New York.

The Reds will face Cleveland Ambassadors at Notre Dame University and New York Athletic at Boston University.

In New York, the women’s squad will continue community activities before travelling to Yankee Stadium to watch Liverpool FC take on Sporting CP on Wednesday July 24.

Peter Moore, Liverpool FC chief executive officer and chairman of Liverpool FC Women, said: “I’m absolutely delighted we are returning to the USA this summer with not one but two LFC teams.

“Ensuring LFC Women could embark on their first ever tour of America is another sign of our commitment to the ‘two teams but one club’ ethos.”

During the tour, there will also be an opportunity for US supporters to engage with the club at fan and community events hosted by the Liverpool FC Foundation and Red Neighbours programme, which will be announced in the coming weeks.

Jerry Ingraham, Joie chief marketing officer, said: “Joie are very excited to extend our support of LFC to the Liverpool FC Women’s team.

“LFC’s heritage of family traditions is a perfect fit for Joie as we are dedicated to helping parents navigate family life with worry-free baby gear.

"We are pleased to support Liverpool FC Women and partner with LFC to celebrate the powerful women of today and inspire the next generation of fans and players."

It is hoped the tour will continue to raise the profile of the women’s game following on from the huge interest in the FIFA Women’s World Cup in France.

Liverpool FC Women manager, Vicky Jepson, said: “This is my fourth year attending the LFC pre-season tour with the men’s team. However, this year is extra special with it being the first time the women’s team has been included and we are now travelling as one big football family.”
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2642 on: July 2, 2019, 05:02:02 pm »
Well that looks pretty good.....

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2643 on: July 9, 2019, 05:59:32 pm »
Couple of ins and outs over the Summer

Outs

Jasmine Matthews
Yana Daniels
Laura Coombs
Leandra Little

Ins

Melissa Lawley (Man City)
Jade Bailey (Chelsea)
Becky Jane (Reading FC)

New contract

Sophie Bradley-Auckland
Jess Clarke,
Ashley Hodson
Niamh Charles

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: July 12, 2019, 11:08:07 am »
2019/20 FIXTURES
DATE
8 Sept     
15 Sept
21/22 Sept     
28 Sept
International Break     
13 Oct
19/20 Oct
27 Oct
2/3 Nov
International Break     
17 Nov
24 Nov
1 Dec
8 Dec
11/12 Dec
15 Dec
5 Jan
12 Jan
19 Jan
26 Jan
2 Feb
9 Feb
13 Feb
23 Feb
International Break
22 Mar
29 Mar
5 Apr
International Break
26 Apr
16 May
COMP
WSL   
WSL 
Conti Cup     
WSL 
-
WSL 
Conti Cup
WSL
Conti Cup
-
WSL   
WSL 
WSL
WSL
Conti Cup
WSL
WSL
WSL
WSL
FA Cup 4th R.     
WSL
WSL
WSL
WSL
-
WSL
WSL
WSL
-
WSL   
WSL
HOME
Liverpool
Tottenham
TBC
Man United
-
Liverpool
TBC
Birmingham   
TBC 
-
Liverpool
Arsenal
Man City
Liverpool
TBC
Liverpool
Brighton
Liverpool
Bristol City
TBC
Liverpool
Everton
Liverpool
West Ham
-
Liverpool
Reading
Liverpool
-
Liverpool
Chelsea
VS
vs   
vs
vs
vs
-
vs
vs
vs
vs
-
vs
vs
vs   
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
vs
-
vs
vs
vs
-
vs
vs
AWAY
Reading
Liverpool
TBC
Liverpool
-
Bristol City
TBC
Liverpool
TBC
-
Everton
Liverpool
Liverpool
West Ham
TBC
Chelsea
Liverpool
Man United     
Liverpool
TBC
Birmingham
Liverpool
Arsenal
Liverpool
-
Man City
Liverpool
Tottenham
-
Brighton
Liverpool
TIME
14:00     
TBC
12:00
-
TBC
TBC
-
TBC
15:00
TBC
12:30
19:00
15:00
-
-
TBC
VENUE
Prenton Park
The Hive
TBC
Leigh Sports Village
-
Prenton Park
TBC
Solihull Moors FC
TBC
-
Prenton Park
Boreham Wood FC
Academy Stadium
Prenton Park
TBC
Prenton Park
People’s Pension Stadium
Prenton Park
Stoke Gifford Stadium
TBC
Prenton Park
Walton Hall Park
Prenton Park
Rush Green Stadium
-
Prenton Park
Adams Park
Prenton Park
-
Prenton Park
Kingsmeadow

Fa Cup Rounds:
Fifth Round - 16 Feb
Quarter Final - 15 Mar
Semi Final - 19 Apr
Final - 9 May

Continental Cup Rounds:
Group Stage - 21/22-11/12 Dec
Quarter Final - 15/16 Jan
Semi Final - 29/30 Jan
Final - 29 Feb

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2645 on: July 12, 2019, 12:26:18 pm »
It's disappointing the club haven't chosen to hold the first game at Anfield with Chelsea and City playing at Stamford Bridge and the Etihad on the same date. Same with Arsenal choosing to play at Boreham Wood instead of the Emirates.

Might head along to the Spurs game at the Hive though as the mens team play on the Saturday.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2646 on: July 12, 2019, 12:46:20 pm »
It's disappointing the club haven't chosen to hold the first game at Anfield with Chelsea and City playing at Stamford Bridge and the Etihad on the same date. Same with Arsenal choosing to play at Boreham Wood instead of the Emirates.

Might head along to the Spurs game at the Hive though as the mens team play on the Saturday.
We haven't played at Anfield since 2013. It was against Arsenal. I imagine the club don't consider Reading to be a big enough draw to warrant Anfield. There is probably some truth in that. Both City and Chelsea have good opposition for the use of the Etihad and Stamford Bridge. I would argue Arsenal do too but Boreham Wood it is.

Of the fixtures set so far the first home game against opposition which could be considered a big enough draw: Everton, 17th November. I would like to see it an Anfield. If the club won't do that fixture, what would they bother doing.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2647 on: July 18, 2019, 09:04:01 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2648 on: July 19, 2019, 02:47:52 am »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2649 on: July 19, 2019, 07:29:20 pm »
Hope this is a extra sponsor money going straight into womens team. https://twitter.com/StanChart/status/1152168967156436993

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: July 20, 2019, 09:25:30 am »
Hope this is a extra sponsor money going straight into womens team. https://twitter.com/StanChart/status/1152168967156436993
I really quite liked having our own separate shirt sponsor. It brings in more money than it does wearing an inherited sponsor of the wider club/men's team who haven't worked specific terms into the contract to additionally sponsor the women's team too. It also makes it possible to differentiate shirt sales between the teams and make sure the women's team pocket revenue from sales in their honour.

I don't have any figures for the Avon deal. But I suppose - so long as Standard Chartered aren't back on the shirt for no cost and are at least matching what Avon gave - we won't be any worse off in terms of main shirt sponsorship revenue. We have also added Joie to the back off the shirt; but again they are an inherited sponsor of the wider club so the same question of whether they are actually paying for the privilege applies.

I do wonder what it means for being able to differentiate shirt sales now and whether we might be worse off. The only way to do it now is to make sure it is possible and easy to buy ones with Joie on the back. That said, we did such a terrible job with the availability of Avon shirts that this change may not make much difference to merchandise revenue.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: September 16, 2019, 02:09:38 am »
I think Vicky Jepson may be feeling the pressure after two losses. If she doesn't right the ship, I fear she won't be here next season.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: September 16, 2019, 07:40:39 am »
Disappointing start to the season. Think it's going to be a long season. Man U next in the league who have invested heavily in their squad.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2653 on: September 28, 2019, 10:15:17 pm »
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/28/liverpool-women-contact-fa-alleged-hillsborough-chants-manchester/

Exclusive: Liverpool Women contact FA over alleged Hillsborough chants from Manchester United fans

There were claims over chants heard during Liverpool and Manchester United's first-ever Women’s Super League meeting on Saturday

Liverpool Women have contacted the Football Association about Hillsborough chants from some Manchester United supporters during the pair’s first-ever meeting in the Women’s Super League, Telegraph Sport understands.

This is the first time the club’s women’s side have highlighted concerns about offensive chanting.

“Always the victims - it’s never your fault” was heard at several points during Manchester United’s 2-0 win at Leigh Sports Village, with Liverpool also concerned by anti-Scouse chants and songs relating to rats and robbers.

Liverpool’s General Manager has flagged “a lack of respect to our players and management from Man United supporters” in the side’s post-match report. This is not tantamount to a formal complaint and the club have not contacted Kick It Out, football’s anti-discrimination and inclusion body. It is understood that Hillsborough chants would not come under the organisation’s remit in any case as they do not fall under the Equality Act.

There were unconfirmed reports from a third party about monkey chanting, but none of the Liverpool players expressed concerns about this specifically and the club did not mention them in their correspondence with the FA.

The Football Association have been contacted for comment.

United were rewarded for their patience against Liverpool, with both of their goals coming in the final 20 minutes of their victory.

Having gained promotion by winning the FA Women's Championship last season, United narrowly lost their first two games of the season to Manchester City and Arsenal, and Liverpool provided a stern test in the first half.

Things changed in the second half, however, and the home side took the lead when Lauren James turned smartly and thumped the ball home before Katie Zelem, a product of the club's academy, added a penalty in stoppage time to secure the three points.

With the rest of the third round of fixtures due to be played on Sunday, the win lifted United to fifth place in the 12-team league. Liverpool are bottom after their third straight defeat
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2654 on: September 28, 2019, 10:22:50 pm »
Nothing surprises me with the depths so called supporters of United will go to.  Expect far worse at Old Trafford in three weeks and minimal acknowledgement from the media.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: September 28, 2019, 10:30:09 pm »
Fucking vermin.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2656 on: September 28, 2019, 10:44:18 pm »
Pathetic, immature and despicable.
YNWA

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2657 on: September 29, 2019, 10:01:55 am »
Thing is this will be swept under the carpet. Nothing to see here.

There’s a national culture embedded in most of society regarding this club and scousers in general. It’s deemed acceptable for entire grounds to sing these songs, not just with united fans without reproach. What next, at youth level? School level?

Speak up about it and you’re seen as them justifying the songs - feeling victimised.

Until it gets called out for what it is, you’ll have generation upon generation spouting this drivel for long after I’m gone. It’s all very sad.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2658 on: September 29, 2019, 10:27:56 am »
Thing is this will be swept under the carpet. Nothing to see here.

There’s a national culture embedded in most of society regarding this club and scousers in general. It’s deemed acceptable for entire grounds to sing these songs, not just with united fans without reproach. What next, at youth level? School level?

Speak up about it and you’re seen as them justifying the songs - feeling victimised.

Until it gets called out for what it is, you’ll have generation upon generation spouting this drivel for long after I’m gone. It’s all very sad.
Victim-blaming is entrenched within our society these days. It's about stifling dissent and depriving people of the voice to fight back. We live in a "suck it up and get on with it" society where people are in it for themselves and don't want to hear about the issues others face.

I had a similar argument with a gobshite on the Echo comments page in a story regarding the homeless. I know the complexities of that issue, yet this fascist twat just wanted to believe they were all just "weak minded". Others called for euthanasia for the homeless. I called them out, but the Echo 'mods' banned me instead of them.

The country is more right wing than ever now, and the party line is to class anyone who fights back as a whinger. It's how they stifle dissent. It's the same with this issue. It's just "shut up, stop whingeing, don't be a victim, just take it". It's classic bullying on a grand scale, but it's around us everywhere, every day.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: September 29, 2019, 11:01:48 am »
Disgusting behaviour!
I'm pleased they reported it, but don't understand why they don't report it when it happens during the men's matches.
Hopefully something will actually be done about it, but I doubt it as the FA are useless.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2660 on: September 29, 2019, 03:36:28 pm »
Victim-blaming is entrenched within our society these days. It's about stifling dissent and depriving people of the voice to fight back. We live in a "suck it up and get on with it" society where people are in it for themselves and don't want to hear about the issues others face.

I had a similar argument with a gobshite on the Echo comments page in a story regarding the homeless. I know the complexities of that issue, yet this fascist twat just wanted to believe they were all just "weak minded". Others called for euthanasia for the homeless. I called them out, but the Echo 'mods' banned me instead of them.

The country is more right wing than ever now, and the party line is to class anyone who fights back as a whinger. It's how they stifle dissent. It's the same with this issue. It's just "shut up, stop whingeing, don't be a victim, just take it". It's classic bullying on a grand scale, but it's around us everywhere, every day.
Couldn't agree more.......and maybe not the place here to add, but - it's the state this country is in now, exemplified by the biggest lying bully of all, Johnson, and his inflammatory response of 'humbug' to geniune concerns from female MP's over their safety following his earlier incendiary language about his opponents over Brexit eg. 'surrender' and 'betrayal'. What state have we come to when the PM can dismiss real concerns and virtually condone violence against opponents ?! Just encourages the idiots all the more. We have to keep calling them out for what they are.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: September 29, 2019, 08:05:44 pm »
Disgusting behaviour!
I'm pleased they reported it, but don't understand why they don't report it when it happens during the men's matches.
Hopefully something will actually be done about it, but I doubt it as the FA are useless.

First shot across Man Utd's bow I believe to the FA and Premier League.

If it happens in our match with them, the club will fire a second shot, and because this will be the second complaint it might mean bigger disciplinary decion for them.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2662 on: September 29, 2019, 08:22:59 pm »
It's a shame that this is what is now bringing people to this thread and to the Liverpool Womens team in general.

Been a very disappointing start to the WSL and the team running the real risk of relegation to the Womens Championship.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: September 29, 2019, 09:42:03 pm »

Great post as always! On top of that, I'm sure we'll hear the usual claims that this chant has nothing to do with Hillsborough, as if the 'victim' label just sprung up out of nowhere. In actuality, it dates back to around the time Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's Spectator magazine published an article claiming Liverpool was 'self pity city' because we refused to 'get over' the Hillsborough disaster.

Like your post implies, this country has a real issue with class, and in terms of football fans Manchester United supporters are amongst the most rabidly hateful and sneering of them all. You can understand, to an extent, when it's Chelsea fans waving ten pound notes at us but when it's a group of fans whose club plays in Salford, you can't help but shake your head. Singing songs at a women's football game about 'rats and robbers' (according to the Telegraph article) is like nectar to right-wing politicians in this country and frankly it's about time the club started raising this issue. Where our problem extends though, is that none of these chants are picked up by Kick It Out because they don't fall under the Equality Act. Because class is such a nebular concept it isn't a protected characteristic (neither is locality or regional background for that matter) and of course, a slightly ambiguous chant about a disaster is probably even less likely to fall under their remit.

There needs to be a shift in cultural attitudes instead. Manchester United supporters, the proper ones from in and around Manchester who probably vote Labour at every general election, need to wake up. Liverpool fans are probably the most politicised group of supporters in the country for a variety of reasons, so I don't expect them to be on our level - we're smarter than the average fan - but these knuckle-dragging, Tory chants straight out of the 80s should serve as a source of embarrassment to any decent Mancunian. The more the club raises this type of issue the more it should hopefully become a point of public discourse until they are shamed by their behaviour. Until then, they are carrying Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson's messages for him.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2664 on: October 1, 2019, 10:58:56 am »
instead of doing PR stunt like this. maybe peter should try buying half decent players who can compete plus a experienced manager.

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1178969875596943360

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2665 on: October 1, 2019, 11:59:44 am »
instead of doing PR stunt like this. maybe peter should try buying half decent players who can compete plus a experienced manager.

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1178969875596943360

The two go hand in hand though - if the club doesn’t increase the popularity of the women’s side, and increase the income it brings in, then it’s not going to have as much to spend or have the ability to attract top players/managers.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #2666 on: October 1, 2019, 03:58:06 pm »
The two go hand in hand though - if the club doesn’t increase the popularity of the women’s side, and increase the income it brings in, then it’s not going to have as much to spend or have the ability to attract top players/managers.

What about the money that comes in from the men's team? Shouldn't some of that be moved over to the women's side, in the same way that it is used to develop the men's side at the pre-First Team levels?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2667 on: October 1, 2019, 04:10:41 pm »
What about the money that comes in from the men's team? Shouldn't some of that be moved over to the women's side, in the same way that it is used to develop the men's side at the pre-First Team levels?

I imagine it already is, isn’t it? Not too sure what the women’s income is like, or the spending for that matter, but looking at the gates I’d imagine the club supplements the income the women’s team brings.

I have no problem with that btw. The club should. I just imagine there is clearly a preference to push that side to increase the income to therefore decrease the dependence on being funded from elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2019, 04:12:22 pm by Craig 🤔 »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: October 1, 2019, 04:14:28 pm »
It should be used to develop the women's team. It won't actually help our current predicament as much as you might think, however.

We are certainly a club who absolutely have the means to make the women's team budget whatever we like (if we would like to, which we don't).

But the league operates with a salary cap - maximum 40% of your turnover on wages. So no matter how much we pump in, we are limited to how much we can spend on what attracts players nowadays.

Why are we limited? Because we are also a club who, since the WSL began, has been playing in the wrong places so has pitiful crowds. Especially in comparison to everybody else we should be going toe to toe with. Combine that with poor performances shrinking attendance further, and with practically non-existent merchandise to buy, etc etc and the long and short of it is that we just don't generate enough revenue.

We need a new ground. Simple as. We have let Everton get the jump on us nabbing Walton Hall Park. I don't know where else we are supposed to go. Other than Anfield every week. But that would require some ~clever~ accounting to not put the match day costs on the women's team books otherwise we probably end up with even less turnover than we get being at Prenton Park.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: October 1, 2019, 04:20:32 pm »
It should be used to develop the women's team. It won't actually help our current predicament as much as you might think, however.

We are certainly a club who absolutely have the means to make the women's team budget whatever we like (if we would like to, which we don't).

But the league operates with a salary cap - maximum 40% of your turnover on wages. So no matter how much we pump in, we are limited to how much we can spend on what attracts players nowadays.

Why are we limited? Because we are also a club who, since the WSL began, has been playing in the wrong places so has pitiful crowds. Especially in comparison to everybody else we should be going toe to toe with. Combine that with poor performances shrinking attendance further, and with practically non-existent merchandise to buy, etc etc and the long and short of it is that we just don't generate enough revenue.

We need a new ground. Simple as. We have let Everton get the jump on us nabbing Walton Hall Park. I don't know where else we are supposed to go. Other than Anfield every week. But that would require some ~clever~ accounting to not put the match day costs on the women's team books otherwise we probably end up with even less turnover than we get being at Prenton Park.

Does the salary cap include manager and coaches wages, though? If not, that's where the club could get back on track.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2670 on: October 1, 2019, 04:23:08 pm »
I imagine it already is, isn’t it? Not too sure what the women’s income is like, or the spending for that matter, but looking at the gates I’d imagine the club supplements the income the women’s team brings.

I have no problem with that btw. The club should. I just imagine there is clearly a preference to push that side to increase the income to therefore decrease the dependence on being funded from elsewhere.

But that makes the womens team separate from the club then, as if it's a separate entity. Because we don't have that argument about the youth sides. It's not really "One Club" if the youth sides don't have to be funded independently, but the women's team does, imo.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2671 on: October 1, 2019, 04:30:14 pm »
But that makes the womens team separate from the club then, as if it's a separate entity. Because we don't have that argument about the youth sides. It's not really "One Club" if the youth sides don't have to be funded independently, but the women's team does, imo.

But the youth club clearly will have a budget, and internally the accounting will definitely be done to look at if it’s contributing for it’s costs.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2672 on: October 1, 2019, 04:39:21 pm »
Does the salary cap include manager and coaches wages, though? If not, that's where the club could get back on track.
I don't have a copy of the handbook for the current season so can't speak with total accuracy. But for last season 'the salary' of a player as per the cap was considered the total of their gross salary, gross signing on fee/other fees linked to their transfer, gross bonuses, any contribution from the club for accommodation to a max of £5k per season, image rights, and pension contribution.

The exceptions are prize money, player of the match/season bonuses, CL appearance fees & bonuses (not relevant to us atm), reasonable expenses (i.e. way travel costs), insurance costs, education fees, payment for other genuine role within the club.

The bolded one has been the accepted 'exploit' for many years.

There is nothing in the handbook about who else falls under the cap so I'm assuming it's just playing squad.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: October 1, 2019, 04:45:32 pm »
But the youth club clearly will have a budget, and internally the accounting will definitely be done to look at if it’s contributing for it’s costs.

For sure. But if there's a youth player out there we can get, and requires premium money to get them, that money doesn't come out of the youth side's own turnover, right? It would come from the total money available for all transfers (obviously taking into account that the youth sides will have a budget, of course. But the club won't limit themselves to that budget if they can get their hands on the next Messi, for example, even if it costs a bit of cash).

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2674 on: October 1, 2019, 04:51:46 pm »
For sure. But if there's a youth player out there we can get, and requires premium money to get them, that money doesn't come out of the youth side's own turnover, right? It would come from the total money available for all transfers (obviously taking into account that the youth sides will have a budget, of course. But the club won't limit themselves to that budget if they can get their hands on the next Messi, for example, even if it costs a bit of cash).

But it would come from the budget of the male side taking into account the potential impact that player could have in the future for the men’s side and the income that side (and probably player) could bring.

The female players may (or may not, I have no idea) be looked at the same.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2675 on: October 1, 2019, 05:07:15 pm »
Where do the women's team train?
« Last Edit: October 1, 2019, 10:06:46 pm by RK7 »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: October 1, 2019, 05:12:21 pm »
Where do the women's team team?

On the pitch, usually ;D

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: October 1, 2019, 05:30:19 pm »

So how do everton able to buy world cup players this window and improve? they look much better team after being worst team in the league last few seasons, now lfc probably worst team in the league. our
extravagant US tour probably half the womens budget, we should have used that money to buy 3 good players to improve this team.

tried to watch them on fa player but they can't string 3 passes together just awful to watch. can't blame people not bothered to turn up to watch that.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: October 1, 2019, 05:34:54 pm »

he should copy our blueprint from 2013 and arsenal's recent success. but peter seems more arsed about PR then actually improving the team

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2679 on: October 1, 2019, 05:51:01 pm »
he should copy our blueprint from 2013 and arsenal's recent success. but peter seems more arsed about PR then actually improving the team

I imagine he’s rightly more arsed about the men’s side, which I imagine 99% of the support and ‘customer base’ is too. He’s probably also looking to promote the women’s side as best as possible on all platforms (including jointly on the men’s social media) to help increase the revenue for the women’s club, which will allow an increase in investment.