Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I like the look of Geertruida.

Can play CB, RB and DM, he’s been an ever-present for Slot and gotten into the Dutch squad. Think there was a vague link with him last summer, I can remember him being mentioned here.

I fancied Geertruida last summer, when it looked like we were committing to the inverted RB thing. Looked a good alternative to Timber, who I quite wanted for the same reason. Speaking of Timber, his twin plays for Feyenoord and looks good too. Wieffer (their holding mid) and Hancko (left-footed CB) are the others who probably get most attention.

Big question is obviously whether they'd be good enough for us. With a data-driven approach very much back in place, we won't be swayed by past links to the new manager so I'd be surprised if we did sign anyone from Feyenoord.
I don’t know if “brutal honesty” is what I would call it (that makes it sound like Harry Enfield’s Yorkshireman), more like a lack of a filter, but I agree it’s definitely a thing, whatever it is. I see it in my Dutch colleague all the time. It’s actually hilarious when you get used to it.
It's a distinctively Dutch trait. Coming from the Dutch-speaking region of Belgium, I share their language but find that they are entirely different people.

The Dutch are known for their bluntness—a directness in communication that often mirrors their total disregard for hierarchy. This approach can be quite impressive at times, as it fosters a level of openness and straightforwardness not commonly seen in other cultures.
all posts that made reds feel worse might be a well intentioned comment...
Possibly, but the few posts I could endure after the Everton game did not seem in anyway well intentioned.
but its a slippery slope.
Self-censorship is a slippery slope to what?
Ait-Nouri feels like a good PL left back option. Estupinan is good but on the older side of things at 26. Don’t see him and Robertson as the right blend to transition gradually from one to the other as 1st choice.

I’m sure there’s loads of other suitable left backs across Europe. Leif Davis is an interesting player but jump from championship to Liverpool is probably too much. He does have 31 assists from left back in the last 2 league campaigns combined though.

Ait-Nouri and Maatsen are the obvious shouts.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 10:27:43 am »
It's doesn't add up that's for sure, and clearly a worry. Allied to a new "head coach" like Slot who has almost certainly ceded full control in the transfer/recruitment department to Hughes (overseen by Edwards), and it's even more of a concern.

For me, if you bring in a "mate" into a job reporting into you, you have to absolutely prove beyond question he's by far the best candidate out there. Otherwise it's cronyism/nepotism. The fact Hughes was appointed immediately AFTER Edwards' return was announced, suggests it was a condition (not the only one you'd imagine but still) of the latter accepting the Football CEO role.

Then Hughes wants to bring Burchill with him as his chief scout. I wonder what the existing staff like Fallows and Hunter think of that. As you say it is a dangerous thing to do.

I've had mates commit suicide too, so I get your point. However a lot aren't venting, there's one in the Nunez thread who never posts then comes on to call him a polished Andy Carroll and another saying "I said he was shite in December, aren't I fucking clever".

I sometimes write a post then just delete before posting, that can get the venom out of you.

Yeah the likes of Fromola was relentlessly negative and claiming it would all end in failure even during our title winning season when we were a ridiculous number of points ahead. He kept saying "we'll start losing soon and City will go on a streak" etc. Same with the long winning streak we were on, just kept saying "we'll lose this game" until it happened and then gloats. It's the same with some of the posters in the HT threads, they "predict" we'll lose the game every HT until we do and they were "correct". I try to stay out of there.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by killer-heels on Today at 10:25:41 am »
Edwards's role at Spurs was as a video analyst. Comolli was the DoF. We have also had a high turnover of staff over the last couple of years. Hughes is bringing staff with him. The ones who didn't do a particularly good job at Bournemouth by the looks of it.

As for integrating the departments that didn't seem to work very well when Parker and the Bournemouth owner had a very public spat about the direction of the Club last season.

We might have had a high turnover but a lot have come back and there are still lots who know the club and have proven to have done a good job, such as Fallows, Hunter, Spearman and even Edwards himself. Now if he gets rid of those then it would be a concern but there is no indication yet that it will be the case.

Its wrong to say they didnt do a good job. It was a mixed job but generally the Bournemouth fans are delighted with how their club has been run and performed these past several years.

As for Parker, it goes to my overall point that ultimately for us to be successful every department has to be in sync with one another. How do we know Parker didnt just kick off to have total control?

Football is littered with supposed high profile DoF’s who were deemed to be amazing but have mixed records such as Monchi, Mitchell etc. Even Brighton De Zerbi is questioning the direction of the transfers there.

People are allowed to be upset. It's OK to be angry.
I've never said it isn't
It's OK to vent.
No it's not. It's like smearing faces on the wall and calling it fine art. It make make you feel better in the moment but what about the people or have to walk past it later. Shit on a wall is still shit on a wall.

I have a few close friends that committed suicide because they couldn't vent. Because they didn't think it was OK not to be OK.
This has taken a strange turn. I'm sorry for your losses. Sounds like they need professional help. RAWK post-match would have been even worse for them.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Last post by Jookie on Today at 10:25:16 am »
Ait-Nouri feels like a good PL left back option. Estupinan is good but on the older side of things at 26. Don’t see him and Robertson as the right blend to transition gradually from one to the other as 1st choice.

I’m sure there’s loads of other suitable left backs across Europe. Leif Davis is an interesting player but jump from championship to Liverpool is probably too much. He does have 31 assists from left back in the last 2 league campaigns combined though.
Who wants to guess headlines after our first competitive game?

If we win? "New Look Reds Slot Right In!"

If we lose? "Slots Reds Shot!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10