Author Topic: Javier Manquillo  (Read 1523 times)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Javier Manquillo
« on: July 21, 2017, 05:58:16 pm »
23, Signed for Newcastle from Atletico Madrid for an undisclosed fee

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/manquillo-is-a-magpie
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Javier Manquillo
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 08:15:54 pm »
I thought he looked alright for us to be honest. Rodgers didn't fancy him though by the looks of how things turned out.

Offline YoungKopite

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:18:14 pm »
Best of luck to him! Good to hear that he's still improving, and it'll be nice to see him back in the EPL under a brilliant manager.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:22:42 pm »
Good luck to him! (except against us, of course!)

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 08:28:02 pm »
I thought he looked alright for us to be honest. Rodgers didn't fancy him though by the looks of how things turned out.
Because half way through the season we switched to 3-4-3. No RB.

Thought he was a good, solid, promising right back when he played for us, fairly good going forward but a very good defender. He's a good signing for Newcastle, could be their Arbeloa.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 11:22:54 pm »

Thought he was a good, solid, promising right back when he played for us, fairly good going forward but a very good defender. He's a good signing for Newcastle, could be their Arbeloa.
Absolutely. No tears but I was sad when we let him go. Newcastle have got themselves a great prospect.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 02:24:35 pm »

I actually thought he could be our Arbeloa at the time. Thought he was a very promising player for us and a bit surprising it didn't work out.
Still believe he was a victim of the team's terrible form that season so will be interested to see how it works out for him at the Toon.
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA