Author Topic: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again  (Read 78203 times)

Offline wirral_red

• Main Stander
Re: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again
« Reply #480 on: October 29, 2014, 09:26:03 am »
I particularly enjoyed the rousing rendition of that old Kop classic "You're not singing anymore" :wanker

Not good...wasn't just a mindless few either, it was belted out by loads...

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: October 29, 2014, 09:28:48 am »
It's the sort of modern #footballbanter that makes this kind of thing supposedly acceptable. Embarrassing.

Doesn't help when you have regulars that don't want to sing, or are selective in what they sing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:33:04 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: October 29, 2014, 09:32:04 am »
My lad always waves a banner at the front of the Kop with me for every game but tonight I stood aside and him and his 2 mates did it throughout YNWA............passing the traditions onto the next generation  :)

Love these sorts of family traditions mate. Thanks for sharing.
YNWA.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #483 on: October 29, 2014, 10:17:40 am »
It's the sort of modern #footballbanter that makes this kind of thing supposedly acceptable. Embarrassing.

Doesn't help when you have regulars that don't want to sing, or are selective in what they sing.

You should form some sort of fan police force and get rid of those pesky regulars.

Offline anything else

• You ain't seen me..... roight?
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #484 on: October 29, 2014, 10:45:45 am »
I particularly enjoyed the rousing rendition of that old Kop classic "You're not singing anymore" :wanker

At least they were singing.
Looks as if we cant afford the superiority complex any more.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #485 on: October 29, 2014, 11:38:17 am »
I don't see what the fuss is with this. I've absolutely definitely heard it sung at Anfield and at aways before, and not neccesarily recently, like 10-15+ years ago.

It's true and longer ago than 15 years as well.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #486 on: October 29, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »
I don't see what the fuss is with this. I've absolutely definitely heard it sung at Anfield and at aways before, and not neccesarily recently, like 10-15+ years ago.

At least normally it's sung by the pesky AR end. ;)
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Benitez Adoramus

• Main Stander
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #487 on: October 29, 2014, 12:39:28 pm »
I went ballistic when this happened. Felt like the Kop had been invaded by Ingerlund small town club fans
One of the few singers left in the Kop

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #488 on: October 29, 2014, 12:40:08 pm »

I went ballistic when this happened. Felt like the Kop had been invaded by Ingerlund small town club fans
genuinely couldn't hear this in block 305. Glad I never to be honest

Online RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: October 29, 2014, 12:52:33 pm »
You should form some sort of fan police force and get rid of those pesky regulars.

Happily. They contribute equally to the shite atmosphere as the one-offers with Wanker Hats.

I see j3ster now automatically changes to "Wanker". Fair play.
YNWA.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #490 on: October 29, 2014, 01:22:14 pm »
That was bad. 20-30 years ago whoever tried to start that up would have been told to do one. Now it's the best we can come up with. Kop is dead, long live the Kop.

I was in the KOP and i definitely don't remember that being sung. Doesn't mean it wasn't but i don't remember it and i definitely didn't sing it.

What i remember is 'Liverpool, Liverpool' bellowing out. I thought that was much more effective.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #491 on: October 29, 2014, 01:34:19 pm »
Didn't hear "You're Not Singing Anymore" from 305 thank God. However, was very pissed off with the number of people in 305 that automatically sat down. Annoyingly, the other side of the aisle (where they normally get made to sit) was all standing up. I just stayed up on my own anyway though. Even towards the end everyone would get up for a bit of action and sit back down again.

Singing on the whole was pretty good though I thought, better than I expected anyway. Lots of blasts of the Colin Pascoe song. ;D I feared the worst after all the clapping after the first YNWA chorus!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: October 29, 2014, 01:54:24 pm »
The "you're not singing anymore" was start from the side of 304, I think it was a group of young lads (must have been 15-18) a few rows in front of us who'd been there in silence until the 94th minute, then it gave the isolated whoppers around the kop an excuse to join in, was a depressing amount who got involved
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: October 29, 2014, 02:08:39 pm »
Why is this song so offensive? Have I honestly been dreaming it being sung in the past? Off the top of my head I remember - vividly - being at Leeds away around 2000/2001 [when Viduka scored 4] and singing it in the away end in a match that was constant ebb and flow. I'm absolutely certain I recall it being sung many times prior to that [I started going to Anfield in 1993].

I think we've got issues with Atmosphere, certainly [though didn't think it was all that bad last night] but I really dont' see this particular song as being the issue it's being made out to be. When did it move onto the 'unacceptable' list? Did I miss a meeting?

I've never seen it being belted out on the kop before, I know it's been done by anfield road, but it just screams generic cringey cockney crap, just like WHO ARE YA, BOUNCE BACK ABILITY and IS THIS A LIBRARY. I just personally associate it with Wanker Hats, half and half scarves, foam fingers and England face paint

We've got a whole collection of great songs, i'd rather we stuck to them
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline BUSHMILLS

• PEBBLEHOUSE. Your auntie's agent provocateur.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never ask what's under his patio
« Reply #494 on: October 29, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »
. When did it move onto the 'unacceptable' list? Did I miss a meeting?

It was acceptable in the 80s.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: October 29, 2014, 02:20:55 pm »
Not good...wasn't just a mindless few either, it was belted out by loads...
Can I just ask, why is everyone moaning about this being chanted?
I'm not exactly defending it like, just curious why people hate it so much!

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #496 on: October 29, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »
I feared the worst after all the clapping after the first YNWA chorus!

why is this happening?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: October 29, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »
I've never seen it being belted out on the kop before, I know it's been done by anfield road, but it just screams generic cringey cockney crap, just like WHO ARE YA, BOUNCE BACK ABILITY and IS THIS A LIBRARY. I just personally associate it with Wanker Hats, half and half scarves, foam fingers and England face paint

We've got a whole collection of great songs, i'd rather we stuck to them

Basically this!

I was also surprised about the amount of people at down in 305. It was like a domino effect from 304 at the start of the game and got to me. I stayed stood up and looked at the guy sat to my left and he realised he could stand and he stood up haha.

We really need to stop with this moaning, whinging mentality at the game though. So many people in 305 slagging the players off, moaning if a player goes back with the ball, misplaces a pass, hits a shot wide etc. They are professional footballers but ffs no footballer in history ever has a 100% strike rate or pass rate, so when Henderson misplaces his first pass of the night, why does everyone jump on his back? When Lucas is under pressure and plays a ball back to the defenders, why do people shout shit like 'fucking negative twat' at him? Im the first to admit that on here I can be critical of our players at times but at the game, its a different story. We support the team no matter how well you're doing.

There's been threads on here created about the level of criticism the players get on Rawk after the game or in player threads but fucking hell, if the scouse lad behind me was on Rawk, he'd be banned within the hour. Remember the first half where Lovren come across his man, slid and cleared the ball into touch? The crowd applauded what was a great clearance, and this scouse lad shouted 'why the fuck are you lot clapping that? He hit it out of play!'

Another observation is when its completely dead and we concede a goal and then the whole ground starts singing to get behind the team to push them forward, why has it taken until we get to that point before people actually start singing? Maybe, just maybe, if everyone was singing, was loud and roaring the team on instead of being quiet and moaning at every last fucking mistake, we wouldn't be 1-0 down?

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: October 29, 2014, 02:26:35 pm »
why is this happening?

Because they don't go the game usually and dont realise there is a 2nd verse.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: October 29, 2014, 02:32:38 pm »
Because they don't go the game usually and dont realise there is a 2nd verse.

Yup, I love the quote from the home atmosphere thread a few weeks back, where somebody said you can tell how good the atmosphere will be based on how many clap before the final verse

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: October 29, 2014, 04:07:38 pm »
Surely it's the chorus rather than the verse :P
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline red dean

• Main Stander
« Reply #501 on: October 29, 2014, 04:48:45 pm »
The Colin Pascoe song is a disgrace. Embarassing
FUCK THE S** JUSTICE 4 THE 96 !!!

"If your going to lose, you might aswell lose to a team with the quality of Liverpool" Alan Smith

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #502 on: October 29, 2014, 04:52:03 pm »
How the hell can you support Liverpool and not know how You'll Never Walk Alone goes?

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: October 29, 2014, 05:02:16 pm »
Didn't hear "You're Not Singing Anymore" from 305 thank God. However, was very pissed off with the number of people in 305 that automatically sat down. Annoyingly, the other side of the aisle (where they normally get made to sit) was all standing up. I just stayed up on my own anyway though. Even towards the end everyone would get up for a bit of action and sit back down again.

Singing on the whole was pretty good though I thought, better than I expected anyway. Lots of blasts of the Colin Pascoe song. ;D I feared the worst after all the clapping after the first YNWA chorus!

There's a bellend baldy c*nt steward in 304 hell bent on making everyone sit down. Miserable looking twat too. Bollocked a lad I know for being in the wrong block looking for his seat.

Yup, I love the quote from the home atmosphere thread a few weeks back, where somebody said you can tell how good the atmosphere will be based on how many clap before the final verse

It's so true! It's like a fucking barometer.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: October 29, 2014, 05:03:41 pm »
Surely it's the chorus rather than the verse :P

I'm not a musician! :P

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #505 on: October 29, 2014, 05:07:43 pm »

Imagine being a grown man and singing about another grown mans legs.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: October 29, 2014, 05:09:14 pm »
Happily. They contribute equally to the shite atmosphere as the one-offers with Wanker Hats.

I see j3ster now automatically changes to "Wanker". Fair play.

It's not the word "jester" that auto corrects. It's the term "jester hats" auto corrects to "wanker hats".
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: October 29, 2014, 05:27:29 pm »
Imagine being a grown man and singing about another grown mans legs.

Imagine being a grown man and singing about another grown man's baldy head.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #508 on: October 29, 2014, 05:34:00 pm »
There's a bellend baldy c*nt steward in 304 hell bent on making everyone sit down. Miserable looking twat too. Bollocked a lad I know for being in the wrong block looking for his seat.

He wasn't there last night and it was better regarding the standing, our seats are next to the stairs a few rows back from the exit where he stands and he is up and down like a yoyo telling everyone to sit down at the league games, we were stood up all game last night with no bother from any stewards.

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #509 on: October 29, 2014, 05:36:47 pm »

Its a good laugh at a euro away though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqoEr80mxVI
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:02 pm »
Imagine being a grown man and singing about another grown man's baldy head.

Imagine being a bald man growing about a singing mans other head
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: October 29, 2014, 05:55:20 pm »
why is this happening?

I recall it starting in the Anfield Road end (don't know why) and spread to the corporates who sit at that end of the Kemlyn Road (never got used to calling it the Centenary). After that it just seemed to sustain itself. Where I sit in the Main Stand, there isn't that much singing apart from YNWA but the day trippers who come and go seem to think that's what you do. Drives me mad.
]

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #512 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:23 pm »
Anyone seen the green inflatable recently? Pretty sure after the Madrid game I saw the fella throw it away at the front of the Kop. Bloody hope so.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #513 on: October 29, 2014, 06:12:17 pm »
Its a good laugh at a euro away though....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqoEr80mxVI

I always wondered how much of this is good old fashioned scouse humour. It certainly detracts from how well the team are playing. But i did wonder why a guy wearing shorts when it is a tad on the cold side of things was considered a hero, when the entire team will play in shorts.

All the same its addictive, fun and i enjoyed singing it in Basel.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #514 on: October 29, 2014, 06:58:57 pm »
The kids are alright......

@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #515 on: October 29, 2014, 08:00:29 pm »
Surely the tune for the Colin Pascoe song deserves to be a chant generally about Liverpool. It's a boss melody for a chant, sorry Pascoe but it's being wasted on you.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: October 29, 2014, 09:57:08 pm »
He wasn't there last night and it was better regarding the standing, our seats are next to the stairs a few rows back from the exit where he stands and he is up and down like a yoyo telling everyone to sit down at the league games, we were stood up all game last night with no bother from any stewards.

Yeah, only seems to do league games, wasn't there against Madrid either. Last weekend we were all standing after YNWA and he just gave one look and a few hundred people sat down. He must so fucking love that power trip.

"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #517 on: October 29, 2014, 11:03:55 pm »
Yeah, only seems to do league games, wasn't there against Madrid either. Last weekend we were all standing after YNWA and he just gave one look and a few hundred people sat down. He must so fucking love that power trip.

We were lower down for Madrid so didn't know that, he would have a job getting anyone to sit down for that game though.

He is killing the atmosphere single handedly for the league games though, although loads automatically sit down anyway which is annoying.
@OTKFlags

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: October 30, 2014, 02:25:49 am »
The Colin Pascoe song is boss because well it's a bit of harmless fun really !
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: October 30, 2014, 02:28:16 am »
Surely the tune for the Colin Pascoe song deserves to be a chant generally about Liverpool. It's a boss melody for a chant, sorry Pascoe but it's being wasted on you.

That's why it's so hilarious I reckon. At least to me.

Disgrace my arse