Author Topic: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again  (Read 78200 times)

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
Re: Wear Red, Bring a Scarf - Make the Kop Look Good Again
« Reply #320 on: November 15, 2013, 03:41:32 pm »
It's every club's culture to be fair.

I wouldn't go that far
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: November 15, 2013, 03:42:35 pm »

Every club? Really? See way more replica shirts at other grounds than at Anfield. I know because I laugh at all the fat old men struggling to stay in them
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:45:05 pm by JTK »

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: November 15, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »

Sorry yeah, I meant this country in general when I said it, as opposed to the lad I quoted who is from Australia. Then again you do see a difference between certain fans. Look at a Liverpool, Everton or Man Utd away end and you'll hardly see any colours. Look at a Wigan or Norwich one and you'll see loads.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #323 on: November 15, 2013, 04:30:28 pm »
Will probably get called names and whatnot but I have to put my five cent in after keenly reading along this thread and even using it as the basis for a debate with my 9th graders (all of whom are football fans and go to the match regularly, even the girls).

Wow, wish I'd had teachers like you.  :D

I am all for wearing a shirt or colours at the match; I wear the shirt at home when I am watching Liverpool on the telly and I even took my shirt with me on an away trip with my class and wore it for dinner :D The pupils loved it.

Come on, everyone knows you don't wear your colours to aways. :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #324 on: November 15, 2013, 06:55:31 pm »
Every club? Really? See way more replica shirts at other grounds than at Anfield. I know because I laugh at all the fat old men struggling to stay in them
probably not every club but it is for most clubs, and not only in England but throughout Europe.

Looking "casual" is massive among the vast majority of regular/die hard fans throughout Europe. I know plenty of them and they have the same argument as people on here: "casuals"= regulars/hooligan element, "colours" = so called "derby fans", mening people who only go to big games.

One other thing I mentioned in the paragraph above - for the younger generation, who are 90% of the die hards or ultras, wearing stuff that people mention here - adidas trabs, black/dark jackets, caps etc equals being a part of the hooligan element of the support.

Casuals are another term for hooligans throughout Europe.

Liverpool of course is the birthplace of that look, although not the name "casuals" and I think it's a great tradition, just wanted to say that the style is very popular all over Europe and has mostly hooligan connotations.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #325 on: November 15, 2013, 09:06:52 pm »
There is some difference in culture though, which does vary from country to country. I know plenty in Germany who, while they would never usually be seen in a replica, usually wear a t-shirt showing to whichever fans/ultras groups they belong to. It just so happens that the colour of said t-shirt is often the same as the club's colours.  I think that actually comes nearer to being the same sort of people who sport our "casual style". In my experience they're not usually shy about wearing scarves either, but they're usually commissioned by fan groups, as opposed to ones that are available off the shelf in the club shop.
agreed, but LFC has that as well with those SOS shirts, shirts from "Hat Scarf Or A Badge" or those from "Love,Follow,Conquer" for example..
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #326 on: December 21, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »
Really scarfs make stadiums look good  ;)

Respect from BEŞİKTAŞ

"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline theshirtmyfatherwore

• Main Stander
  • we had dreams and songs to sing.
« Reply #327 on: January 3, 2014, 01:06:54 am »
People can where what they wish,  replicas,  latest casual gear, scarf go in your pants if u wish! But I agree less n less scarf on show at YNWA which used to be the done thing now it's frowned upon.  get back to those big european nights  it will return may sound a cliche' but look at all the best pics and they all are taken at those nights. When really I'd be up for that image whether we're playing Barcelona or bury!  but yeah more scarves for sure!

Offline jameshay

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #328 on: January 3, 2014, 05:32:31 pm »
I know its my first post, unfortunately it could be deemed as negative.

However in my opinion society in general needs less grown overweight men (like me) wearing replica football tops.

Look at the state of Jason Cundy and co on that Chelsea TV snippet where he is slating Liverpool fans. That is effectively what you will look like but in a different coloured jersey.

Scarves are different.
poetry in motion

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #329 on: January 3, 2014, 06:18:03 pm »
Anything but half & half scarves, whoever thought of them should be shot.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: January 3, 2014, 06:27:36 pm »

Couldn't agree more. I remember some absolute c*nt being interviewed outside Anfield wearing a half and half LFC/Man U scarf. Not only did he wear the scarf, he wore it with the Man U badge covering the Liverpool badge in his shirt. c*nt.

Talking about making the Kop look good again, when is the last time there was a 'flag day'? Kennys return was it? Who organises that shit? Should do it for the derby at the end of the month.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: January 3, 2014, 06:35:53 pm »

Couldn't agree more. I remember some absolute c*nt being interviewed outside Anfield wearing a half and half LFC/Man U scarf. Not only did he wear the scarf, he wore it with the Man U badge covering the Liverpool badge in his shirt. c*nt.

Talking about making the Kop look good again, when is the last time there was a 'flag day'? Kennys return was it? Who organises that shit? Should do it for the derby at the end of the month.
Naa.  We only do it on special occasions, for the bigger tie's.

Save flag days for when we need them, otherwise they just become old hat.

Apart from which, scarf days should be every game.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2014, 06:37:38 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #332 on: January 3, 2014, 08:06:59 pm »

The same 2 groups of lads who make the effort to get the flags out for EVERY home game Barney lad, not just the big games ;)

OTK (onthekop) and Spion Kop 1906
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #333 on: January 3, 2014, 08:11:39 pm »
The same 2 groups of lads who make the effort to get the flags out for EVERY home game Barney lad, not just the big games ;)

OTK (onthekop) and Spion Kop 1906

It d be great at CL next season  ;)
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: January 3, 2014, 08:16:19 pm »
Think flag nite would be great for the Everton game,might wake a few up!!!

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #335 on: January 3, 2014, 08:20:29 pm »
Think flag nite would be great for the Everton game,might wake a few up!!!

Dynamite nite wouldn't even do that ;D
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 30, 2014, 06:29:18 am »
4 massive home games to go, what better support than to take your scarves and flags and sing your heart out? Make it look like this again.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: March 30, 2014, 06:39:01 am »
Ozbomber that's an epic picture.

I live in a shared house with a Derby and Plymouth fan, they rip the shit outta me for wearing my centenary scarf every time we play... as the season has progressed, they've started to get behind us. I said in January "Honestly lads, Suarez and Sturridge one and two on the top goalscorers in the league, throw yer money at it" - My Derby mate is now saying "safest bet i made" - lol - fucker didn't make it, i told him it was gonna be so :)
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 30, 2014, 06:44:15 am »
4 massive home games to go, what better support than to take your scarves and flags and sing your heart out? Make it look like this again.

this

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #339 on: March 30, 2014, 07:35:43 am »
Time to blow the cobwebs off my Rome 84 Scarf....
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline IamSpartacus

• ThePerfectMealForYourPartacus.
  • Main Stander
  • Director of Remote Control
« Reply #340 on: March 30, 2014, 08:49:02 am »
I think people feel it's pointless trying to match the Dortmund crowd. They're so far in advance of what Liverpool are capable of doing (unless it's Liverpool fans in Melbourne or Thailand). The Kop spirit moved on years ago.

so much negativity in the first four statements!
I mean if your not sorted out in yourself, then theres no point thinking out about anyone else. Listen to what you are staying:

"I think people" - present some facts please
"its pointless" - for you perhaps
"trying to match" - do or do not, there is no try!
"theyre so far in advance" - my god man get a grip of yourself
"the kop spirit moved on" - only you know if it has in your own heart, but please dont speak for the rest of us, especially given the above statements.

I, am the Illuminati!

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #341 on: March 30, 2014, 08:53:47 am »
so much negativity in the first four statements!
I mean if your not sorted out in yourself, then theres no point thinking out about anyone else. Listen to what you are staying:

"I think people" - present some facts please
"its pointless" - for you perhaps
"trying to match" - do or do not, there is no try!
"theyre so far in advance" - my god man get a grip of yourself
"the kop spirit moved on" - only you know if it has in your own heart, but please dont speak for the rest of us, especially given the above statements.

I don't think Yorky needs lessons in ether how to write and express himself or in how to support the team. They aren't negative statements, just observations of how things are. 

And fuck only knows why you're dragging up a post from October. Maybe you should read on before jumping on someone:

That's what the Kop struggles against. Not Wanker Hats - they are few and far between. But the cynicism that produces comments like this. Too many people it seems would rather sit on their hands and keep silent rather than be mistaken for someone who actually cares.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 08:57:02 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lostandfound

• Actually, just lost - might be in the wrong forum!
  • Main Stander
  • Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?
« Reply #342 on: March 30, 2014, 10:04:53 am »
Just looking at the picture from Oz made me realize there is a total lack of scarfs in the Kop most games due to the banners/flags etc.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #343 on: March 30, 2014, 10:07:21 am »
Just looking at the picture from Oz made me realize there is a total lack of scarfs in the Kop most games due to the banners/flags etc.

That's not during the match. And it's not an old picture:

A similar picture with the Kop surfer - Liverpool v Chelsea European Cup semi-final, May 2007.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 11:17:40 am by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: March 30, 2014, 11:14:19 am »

Exactly. Time for every game being a flag day. Looks brilliant every time. Even a Union Flag waving for the last game and why not!
Don't Ever,Ever Buy The S*n. Fucking Tory Scum.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 30, 2014, 11:23:27 am »
Exactly. Time for every game being a flag day. Looks brilliant every time. Even a Union Flag waving for the last game and why not!

I always wear my scarf even though I'm amongst the stiffs in the Main Stand. Not too keen on the Union Flag myself, I suppose as I have little affinity with what it stands for. I am a proud Scouser, working class and bear no deference to anyone. I will have my scarf raised as YNWA belts around Anfield.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: March 30, 2014, 11:41:08 am »
I always wear my scarf even though I'm amongst the stiffs in the Main Stand. Not too keen on the Union Flag myself, I suppose as I have little affinity with what it stands for. I am a proud Scouser, working class and bear no deference to anyone. I will have my scarf raised as YNWA belts around Anfield.

Born 20 miles outside Liverpool, so can't and don't go along with Scouse not English without looking a twat. But don't blame anyone who does, fucking hate England games during the season.
I like like the Union Flag meself, but as long as the kop looks good for games, flags, scarfs, surfers etc....

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #347 on: March 30, 2014, 11:49:06 am »
Born 20 miles outside Liverpool, so can't and don't go along with Scouse not English without looking a twat. But don't blame anyone who does, fucking hate England games during the season.
I like like the Union Flag meself, but as long as the kop looks good for games, flags, scarfs, surfers etc....
It's not really got anything to do with that mate, its more about how the north of the country (liverpool in particular) has been neglected for years, and the struggles that we've had.
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline mccred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: March 30, 2014, 12:07:02 pm »
It's not really got anything to do with that mate, its more about how the north of the country (liverpool in particular) has been neglected for years, and the struggles that we've had.

Oh yeah I get that mate. Half me family is Scouse, just moved out in the 70s. Anyway going way off topic!
Hope the Kop is buzzing today.

FUCK OFF PUTIN!

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #349 on: March 30, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

I like them for international games. A half & half scarf from Barcelona, Milan et al are fine by me. But a half - half Liverpool - Chelsea scarf.. Go hide yourself indeed.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2014, 12:32:18 pm »

Love this picture... can't wait to see the kop looking like this again on those special nights!

Offline ANFIELDGATES

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »
Love this picture... can't wait to see the kop looking like this again on those special nights!
surely we will see this for the Chelsea on the 27th!!!most amazing atmosphere ive ever experienced was the champs league game in 05...incredible doesnt even cover it.

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2014, 03:59:34 pm »
The Kop looks magnificent today!  :D :scarf

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2014, 04:00:19 pm »
YNWA sounds excellent :scarf
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Ruthless

• Wants to bed Matt Damon
  • Anny Roader
  • So heres to you Jordan Henderson!
« Reply #354 on: March 30, 2014, 04:49:30 pm »
The Kop looks magnificent today!  :D :scarf
was the whole ground! a lot of people on the Main Stand and Centenary stands had their scarves out
25-05-2005 - We won it for the 5th time, Coincidence? I think not. Oh and the goals? timed 54 mins, 56 mins and 59 Mins, Proof of destiny if you've ever asked for it.

Offline single

• Main Stander
« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2014, 05:45:55 pm »
credit to everyone today . atmosphere amazin

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 30, 2014, 06:27:16 pm »
From the telly point of view, the whole ground looked, and sounded, great today. Then there was six....
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 30, 2014, 06:46:27 pm »
Kudos for everybody on site. Anfield was rocking trough my telly.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 30, 2014, 06:52:35 pm »
It looked red, it was brilliant to see. The atmosphere was fantastic, congratulations to all involved! :wave

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #359 on: March 30, 2014, 06:57:08 pm »
Best atmosphere this season, better than Utd, Everton or Arsenal at home. Fans can be proud of that one. Scared Spurs no doubt. My voice needs a few days off now :) flags and banners aplenty! If its like that for Chelsea and City, we can do it.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.