Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 796854 times)

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #4480 on: August 9, 2021, 07:48:29 pm »
Would have snapped your hand off for that prognosis during the replays yesterday.

Agreed

The video going around looked horrendous, thought we'd be lucky to see him before Christmas the way his foot buckled.

Thankfully we haven't the hardest opening set of fixtures.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4481 on: August 9, 2021, 07:53:03 pm »
Completely depends on the severity. Can rule out grade 3/rupture from that statement so we've got 1 or 2 left

Grade 1 = 3 to 4 weeks
Grade 2 = 4 to 6 weeks

My guess would be after the international break

Marvellous news!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4482 on: August 9, 2021, 07:53:07 pm »
Like I said yesterday inversion injuries can sometimes look worse than they actually are.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: August 9, 2021, 08:57:37 pm »
Like I said yesterday inversion injuries can sometimes look worse than they actually are.

Is that because the ligaments don’t require as much force (to be injured) as when it’s injured rolling outwards? Are the ligaments on the inside a lot stronger, so the greater force needed to injure means a lot more damage?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4484 on: August 9, 2021, 08:59:39 pm »
Very true, someone needs to tell him to man up a bit.

Never heard of inversion injuries in Sunday league .
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4485 on: August 9, 2021, 09:35:29 pm »
Is that because the ligaments don’t require as much force (to be injured) as when it’s injured rolling outwards? Are the ligaments on the inside a lot stronger, so the greater force needed to injure means a lot more damage?

Probably not to be honest. There's just more movement into inversion than there is eversion so you get a little more give. It just looks horrible when you go into end range at high speed but your ligaments, muscles and proprioception quickly save you in most cases, it looks nasty all the time but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4486 on: August 9, 2021, 09:45:48 pm »
Klopp didn't put a timescale on Robertson's return. He said he is not sure whether he would be back before or after the international break. The Chelsea game is the last game before the international break and Leeds is our first game back.

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #4487 on: August 9, 2021, 10:36:10 pm »
For fucks sake. What's the point of these stupid friendlies

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: August 9, 2021, 10:36:32 pm »

Fitness. The same as it always been.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4489 on: August 9, 2021, 10:37:05 pm »
2-3 games then..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4490 on: August 9, 2021, 10:53:45 pm »
Very true, someone needs to tell him to man up a bit.

Never heard of inversion injuries in Sunday league .
Lost phalange happens almost every game though

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4491 on: August 9, 2021, 11:35:23 pm »
Probably not to be honest. There's just more movement into inversion than there is eversion so you get a little more give. It just looks horrible when you go into end range at high speed but your ligaments, muscles and proprioception quickly save you in most cases, it looks nasty all the time but that doesn't always seem to be the case.

Yeah I see. They’re quite common aren’t they?

what I was getting at was that the ligaments damaged from an inversion (lateral?) can be damaged from a small tear, whereas the medial would need more force, which is what you’ve said but obviously more clearly. So an inversion injury can usually be quite minor. It’s like that bracket on a rear derailleur that has more give than the derailleur to prevent more damage.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2021, 11:44:41 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4492 on: August 9, 2021, 11:38:20 pm »

What a take that is! Might as well jib off stupid training as well.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4493 on: August 10, 2021, 03:32:14 am »
What a take that is! Might as well jib off stupid training as well.

Seems a rather Spartan step to take...

Might need to hoplite right to it...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: August 10, 2021, 08:32:00 am »
so the Lost Phalange muscle has been found and will keep Robbo out till before or after Sept Int break

Kostas has put in a good performance this pre-season and looks fighting  fit.

Looking forward to Milner and others coaching Kostas & supporting him when he plays.

he cross for Bobby's goal was Robbesque so could be a sign of things to come

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: August 10, 2021, 08:39:03 am »
:)

You're a good sport mate.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4496 on: August 10, 2021, 09:23:35 am »
:)

You're a good sport mate.

Nearly 50 years of supporting the Reds - gives you a thick skin and fantastic memories.
I played 2 seasons with The london branch Red supporters on Hackney Marshes in our Liverpool red shirts when I was not watching the team live win everything (88-90's)

:wave

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: August 17, 2021, 03:48:44 pm »
Picture of him out side running round the training pitch.

I would imagine this weekend comes too early as he’s not trinaung with the team, but you’d imagine that he’s got a proper chance of Chelsea.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4498 on: August 17, 2021, 04:27:28 pm »
Made of tough stuff
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4499 on: August 17, 2021, 04:30:21 pm »
Would have been a grade one sprain which is great news

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4500 on: August 17, 2021, 04:43:18 pm »
Would have been a grade one sprain which is great news
Chance of making it for Chelsea?
W

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4501 on: August 17, 2021, 04:50:13 pm »
So they fixed the phalange?
:D

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #4502 on: August 17, 2021, 05:00:33 pm »
Chance of making it for Chelsea?

If he's running now then yes. Imagine the aim would be back in training early next week.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4503 on: August 17, 2021, 05:20:23 pm »
If he's running now then yes. Imagine the aim would be back in training early next week.
Thought he’d have a shout….

I’m a bit worried about Chelsea. Big Virj is very rusty and Lukkaku is a handful… the stronger we are the better.
W

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4504 on: August 17, 2021, 05:29:42 pm »

Tightened the rows, fixed the hoplon straps, new rod for the sarissa...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4505 on: August 17, 2021, 05:30:49 pm »
Picture of him out side running round the training pitch.

I would imagine this weekend comes too early as he’s not trinaung with the team, but you’d imagine that he’s got a proper chance of Chelsea.

Run dem laps!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: August 17, 2021, 05:31:46 pm »
Fuckin hell what a machine.

Hopefully we don't rush him back and let Tsimikas have a couple games to hopefully iron out those weird moments he seems to have. He seems a decent deputy and possibly a slightly better dribbler than Robbo.
YNWA.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4507 on: August 17, 2021, 05:34:28 pm »

Tsimikas likes this.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4508 on: August 17, 2021, 05:37:43 pm »

I’m a bit worried about Chelsea. Big Virj is very rusty and Lukkaku is a handful… the stronger we are the better.

Well he's got another game to dust off the rest, especially with Burnley's physical strikers so by then hopefully he's much sharper.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4509 on: August 17, 2021, 06:00:37 pm »
so Robertson may only miss the first 2 games.
That is ideal.
Gives him extra rest from the Euro's

We should be able to play Tsimikas in some more CL games this season too

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: August 17, 2021, 06:09:19 pm »
Fuckin hell what a machine.

Hopefully we don't rush him back and let Tsimikas have a couple games to hopefully iron out those weird moments he seems to have. He seems a decent deputy and possibly a slightly better dribbler than Robbo.

How old is Tsimikas? Looking at his attacking play in pre season and against Norwich, the lads got some ability, dribbling, crossing, has his head screwed on to check and come back too. Robbo’s the best and one of my all time faves, the best there is for me at left back but I would like to see a bit more of him, Curious to see where he could go especially under Klopp.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 06:13:34 pm by red1977 »

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #4511 on: August 17, 2021, 10:26:25 pm »
How old is Tsimikas? Looking at his attacking play in pre season and against Norwich, the lads got some ability, dribbling, crossing, has his head screwed on to check and come back too. Robbo’s the best and one of my all time faves, the best there is for me at left back but I would like to see a bit more of him, Curious to see where he could go especially under Klopp.
Just turned 25 this summer.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #4512 on: August 17, 2021, 10:44:32 pm »

Chelsea will be won or lost by the way we close and pin them down and stop the counter and not one player though.
That said, Lukaku has improved from what he was, but he's no Drogba. He can - and has - been muscled out of games and Virg is also smart enough to sit on him and is not in any way weak himself.

Mind you, this could also be the perfect chance for Konate as well if there is any doubt and if needs be I'd quite fancy Phillips as well. We now have those choices and can take a horses-for-courses approach. Sit Fabs in front and that mitigates a lot as well.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #4513 on: August 17, 2021, 10:52:14 pm »

I've got a similar thought process. Excited to have Robertson back but also curious to see what more Tsimikas has to offer.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4514 on: August 17, 2021, 10:57:42 pm »

Great deal of knowledge about the disposition of a Macedonian PHALANX but no awareness of the Lebanese FALANGE militias.

So there. ;D

Online afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4515 on: August 18, 2021, 01:58:06 am »
Great deal of knowledge about the disposition of a Macedonian PHALANX but no awareness of the Lebanese FALANGE militias.

So there. ;D

phal·ange
/fəˈlanj,fāˈlanj/
Learn to pronounce
noun
ANATOMY
another term for phalanx (sense 2).
a right-wing Maronite party in Lebanon founded in 1936 by Pierre Gemayel.

I say, I say... ;)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4516 on: August 18, 2021, 02:58:19 am »
They found it. It was in his Scottish pistons all along. 
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4517 on: August 18, 2021, 11:55:31 am »
Tsimikas best left back in the league. Can't see Robbo getting a sniff any time soon.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #4518 on: August 20, 2021, 06:13:58 pm »
According to James Pearce…..

Good news for #LFC. Andy Robertson back in full training after ankle injury. Tomorrow likely to come too soon but should start v Chelsea next weekend.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4519 on: August 20, 2021, 06:35:29 pm »
Told you all
W