Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 802721 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #4240 on: March 16, 2021, 02:44:16 pm »
Tsimikas looks like he's slowly coming back into fitness, gotta give Robertson a rest or two in the coming months.

If the Simon Hughes article in The Athletic over the weekend is to be believed then the plan was to rest Robertson and Trent more often this season. The injuries at centre back and ever revolving cb partnerships and midfield 3 have made that harder. The article also suggested that Tsimikas hasn't shown enough in training to indicate he's got to grips with the tactical demands of the system. Injuries probably haven't helped him in that regard. Same article suggested the same for Ben Davies and even said Thiago is still coming to terms with the demands of Klopp's systems and in particular the counter press components.

I think Robertson has really struggled for months. Arguably been one of our poorer performers from an offensive perspective. He's been OK defensively. Last night was more of the same. Reasonably solid defensively though Traore gave him a few difficulties. Distribution was below average and offered little from an offensive perspective.

I'm sure Robertson just needs a break but he's miles below the levels required in this system. Levels that he set for himself. Will be interesting what we do around full back this summer since there are significant questions about the back ups for both left and right back and whether either should form part of the squad next season. We can't have another season where TAA and Robertson are playing >90% of the time.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4241 on: March 22, 2021, 01:40:21 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4242 on: April 7, 2021, 04:50:40 am »
What's going on with him at the moment - he can't seem to pass or cross the ball to a teammate anymore. His first 30 minutes today were the worst I've seen him play.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #4243 on: April 7, 2021, 02:41:42 pm »
What's going on with him at the moment - he can't seem to pass or cross the ball to a teammate anymore. His first 30 minutes today were the worst I've seen him play.

Love Robertson and the way he's portrayed all of us out there on the pitch during the last few seasons.

Do sometimes wonder if he struggles to perform as well in a team dominating the ball and tasked with building moves against organised units though, compared to how he does when he's involved in quick transitions and instinctive one/two-touch interplay and by-line work.  I tend to think he excels at that instinctive/reactionary stuff, but that what he lacks a bit is the planned/responsive approach.  A bit like Bobby in that sense, too - players who we get the most from when we're overwhelming opponents rather than sizing them up.

He's probably just fucking knackered though.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4244 on: April 17, 2021, 04:25:05 am »
Way over 4500 minutes now for the season between club and country. For all the stick Trent has got I think Robbo has dropped way off at this point.  The thought that we would have dropped more points in sitting him is mind blowing.  Theres so many games now where nothing really happened for him that it doesn’t seem possible he needed to play all of those minutes. He might have the most minutes in all of Europe as far I can tell, crazy.

I almost wonder if this Covid season is going to make for shorter careers with what has been asked of the players.  I hope I’m wrong but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4245 on: April 17, 2021, 08:22:03 am »
Way over 4500 minutes now for the season between club and country. For all the stick Trent has got I think Robbo has dropped way off at this point.  The thought that we would have dropped more points in sitting him is mind blowing.  Theres so many games now where nothing really happened for him that it doesn’t seem possible he needed to play all of those minutes. He might have the most minutes in all of Europe as far I can tell, crazy.

I almost wonder if this Covid season is going to make for shorter careers with what has been asked of the players.  I hope I’m wrong but it wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Good points. But He is still putting a shift in. Where his game has dropped off is he’s gone from putting laser guided crosses in every match to not being able to beat the first man. No Idea why. I would say he is better when we are countering and he has got runners to aim at with defenders facing their own goal. Now we are more noticeably slower in our attacking build up so he stops and checks and will pass inside or put it into a set defense.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4246 on: April 17, 2021, 09:01:35 am »
Our left side with Virgil-Robbo-Mane was terrific. Virgil was a big factor for that chain to work from bottom to top.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4247 on: April 17, 2021, 09:04:41 am »

It's top level football in general that is doing that. There's more games and competitions every season and many players are burning out faster. Look no further than Bobby.

Players need looking after better and for club and country Robbo hasn't been done any favours this season and now he's got to go off to the Euros. At least he's got to this point of his career without playing international tournaments. The South American lads have Copa Americas every other year on top of the World Cup and the brutal qualifiers. Now in Europe we've got the Nation's League nonsense.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #4248 on: April 18, 2021, 01:07:21 am »
It's top level football in general that is doing that. There's more games and competitions every season and many players are burning out faster. Look no further than Bobby.

Players need looking after better and for club and country Robbo hasn't been done any favours this season and now he's got to go off to the Euros. At least he's got to this point of his career without playing international tournaments. The South American lads have Copa Americas every other year on top of the World Cup and the brutal qualifiers. Now in Europe we've got the Nation's League nonsense.

Sports science has progressed a lot and players/clubs are very disciplined with their diet and fitness regimens. I think careers will get longer. You only have to look at the likes of Messi, Lewandowski, Ronaldo, Ibra still play at a very high level. They have been doing it for years both at club and national teams.

As far as Robertson, he has struggled offensively this season. It could be due to our CB injuries. He has 5 assists this season compared to 12 last year. Aaron Cresswell(7) and Lucas Digne(6) have more assists than him.

Now I do think he had a very high number of assists for a defender last year, so it was bound to drop a bit. But we still would have expected more and even watching him play, you can see his deliveries have been lacking lately. Also miss his marauding runs from the deep taking players out with pure pace and aggression.

Hopefully he can regain last season's level next year with VVD and Gomez back. He is one of my favorite LFC players.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 01:09:17 am by CalgarianRed »
True North Strong

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4249 on: April 19, 2021, 10:05:55 pm »
Shame Tsimikas hasn’t been able to contribute. Robbo has been poor recently in the final third. Over hits everything.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4250 on: April 19, 2021, 10:07:09 pm »
I dunno, he's not getting caught out defensively and he's still up and down the wing all day.  It's just not coming together for him in the final third - maybe because of the adjustment opposing teams have made to counter our wide play.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4251 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:32 pm »
I dunno, he's not getting caught out defensively and he's still up and down the wing all day.  It's just not coming together for him in the final third - maybe because of the adjustment opposing teams have made to counter our wide play.

I really would appreciate someone finding a website with heat maps that shows this.  Not singling you out but it's the same as the Trent conversation as my eyes are telling me this isn't true but I don't really know.

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4252 on: April 19, 2021, 10:10:02 pm »
Shame Tsimikas hasn’t been able to contribute. Robbo has been poor recently in the final third. Over hits everything.

It's tiredness mate. He's wiped. Brain, co-ordination, finer decision making all off. We'll be lucky if he gets through the season intact. If he does, consider it a major bonus. It all goes back to Pickford the lunatic.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4253 on: April 19, 2021, 10:10:33 pm »
I really would appreciate someone finding a website with heat maps that shows this.  Not singling you out but it's the same as the Trent conversation as my eyes are telling me this isn't true but I don't really know.

That he's not running as much, or that he's getting shut down because of opposition tactics?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4254 on: April 19, 2021, 10:26:34 pm »
Lad needs some time off. When's last assist he got?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #4255 on: April 19, 2021, 10:34:16 pm »
Never mind an assist he can’t even beat the first man with his crosses at the moment.

That opportunity to lay the ball on to make it 2-0 was just so poor.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #4256 on: April 19, 2021, 11:01:20 pm »
That he's not running as much, or that he's getting shut down because of opposition tactics?

That's he's taking up the same attacking positions as last season.  I truly don't believe that either Trent or Robbo are spending the same amount of time in the same areas of the pitch but I don't have any way to know one way or the other for sure.  The stats say everything is about the same they're just doing it worse but in watching that game that doesn't seem right.  Would like some other data points.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4257 on: April 21, 2021, 01:26:13 pm »
Wish we were in a position to give Robbo a few games out and see what Tsimikas is capable of.

Fucking brilliant player Robbo - want him firing on all cylinders start of next season with a know deputy in place to push him.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4258 on: May 14, 2021, 06:20:28 pm »
Starting to feel himself again lately.

Plus this was amazing yesterday:
https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/nc7ruk/loved_this_from_robbo_echoes_of_that_1718_game/
:D

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4259 on: May 14, 2021, 10:49:00 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #4260 on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:39 pm »

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #4261 on: May 15, 2021, 09:17:54 am »
Starting to feel himself again lately.

Plus this was amazing yesterday:
https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/nc7ruk/loved_this_from_robbo_echoes_of_that_1718_game/
Big roar in our house after this. Defo felt like the chase he did against City

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4262 on: May 20, 2021, 07:44:14 am »
Not a lot of love for two assist Robertson then.....
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4263 on: May 20, 2021, 07:53:00 am »
Was brilliant. When he's not performing well mostly it's because his left sided partner in front of him isn't performing well. He always plays well when Mane is playing well, and fortunately that was the case yesterday.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4264 on: May 20, 2021, 08:43:42 am »
Not a lot of love for two assist Robertson then.....
Micah Richards had a dig about his defending so the two assists don't count.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4265 on: May 20, 2021, 08:49:40 am »

The same Micah Richards who confidently said the West Brom player who directly scored from the corner had delivered the  ball "in the corridor of uncertainty".
No he did not. If a ball is headed straight into the net, that is the very definition of certainty.  No hesitation or qualms are felt by the keeper to go for it.

The corridor of uncertainty is just a phrase he heard and it does not mean what Micah thinks it means.

So, if he says Robertson is not the "best defender ", chances are: he is.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #4266 on: May 20, 2021, 08:54:12 am »
That said, Robertson seems much less dangerous offensively. Maybe its just those ahead of him, mainly Mane, being neutered.
But starting to hate his corners now, and every time the ball is on his right foot, I shudder...
If he can double down on his strengths- Bomb down the flank at pace, and whack it in hard with his left into the danger area, then he'll be fine.
Looking up and trying to pick up players with precision is really slowing him down I think, and he is not good enough for too much tiki taka intricacy or placed shots or cross.

Do what you do best, Andy!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4267 on: May 20, 2021, 08:55:49 am »
He must be a good shout for the 2021 Golden Samba

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4268 on: May 20, 2021, 09:50:21 am »
Richards seems to get more stupid with every appearance, but compared to Carragher’s commentary he looks like the Einstein of football.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4269 on: May 20, 2021, 01:04:12 pm »
That said, Robertson seems much less dangerous offensively. Maybe its just those ahead of him, mainly Mane, being neutered.
But starting to hate his corners now, and every time the ball is on his right foot, I shudder...
If he can double down on his strengths- Bomb down the flank at pace, and whack it in hard with his left into the danger area, then he'll be fine.
Looking up and trying to pick up players with precision is really slowing him down I think, and he is not good enough for too much tiki taka intricacy or placed shots or cross.

Do what you do best, Andy!

Robertson has been run into the ground - but even then he has really picked it back up the last month.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #4270 on: June 11, 2021, 07:39:26 am »
Just saw an interview with a Scotland player who said Robbo gave every player a gift box on arrival at the Euro's that included Apple watches and ear phones.

What a fella.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #4271 on: June 11, 2021, 09:38:21 am »

Am sure he'll take all that on board.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4272 on: June 11, 2021, 01:10:17 pm »
Is he on steroids? He assisted a goal in one of their friendlies and he literally ran the full length of the pitch at full pelt in the closing stages of the game to get into a crossing position.

How did we get him for £8m?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #4273 on: June 11, 2021, 01:17:13 pm »
Is he on steroids? He assisted a goal in one of their friendlies and he literally ran the full length of the pitch at full pelt in the closing stages of the game to get into a crossing position.

How did we get him for £8m?
Isn't it asthma medication? :-X
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Its not bloody Diego

• Main Stander
« Reply #4274 on: June 11, 2021, 09:30:35 pm »
A battle between Robbo and Trent down England's right hand side?  :-X 8)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4275 on: June 11, 2021, 09:33:40 pm »

Doubtful.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4276 on: June 11, 2021, 09:37:48 pm »
Seeing this thread near the top for the next month is going to have me wondering if he's got the injury he's somehow escaped so far this season

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4277 on: June 11, 2021, 09:53:32 pm »

Might want to catch up on the news....

Offline Its not bloody Diego

• Main Stander
« Reply #4278 on: June 11, 2021, 10:00:29 pm »
Might want to catch up on the news....

How did I forget about that  :lmao :lmao

Oh well Southgate probably would have told trent not to push too far forward anyway

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4279 on: June 11, 2021, 11:48:50 pm »
Come on Robbo!
Believer