Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12304068 times)

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #103440 on: June 10, 2021, 12:07:30 pm »
Adam Lewis joins Livingston on loan for the season.
AHA!

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103441 on: June 10, 2021, 12:16:24 pm »
Adam Lewis joins Livingston on loan for the season.

How did he fare at Plymouth last year? I know his loan spell at Amiens was pretty disastrous but I've not heard much about his Plymouth stint.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #103442 on: June 18, 2021, 08:15:38 pm »
The echo now saying Ethan Ennis social media now suggesting he may be going to Chelsea.  Either way he seems to be leaving us.  Shame

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103443 on: June 18, 2021, 09:37:23 pm »
The echo now saying Ethan Ennis social media now suggesting he may be going to Chelsea.  Either way he seems to be leaving us.  Shame

Agent putting him about then. The move to Utd made no sense anyway.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103444 on: June 18, 2021, 10:57:13 pm »

Is he really that good?

I get the Duncan vibes with this

Offline Acapulco

• Main Stander
« Reply #103445 on: June 19, 2021, 05:18:01 pm »
I get the Duncan vibes with this.

Very much so. Has proved nothing yet.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103446 on: June 19, 2021, 06:54:43 pm »
Do we believe the bits of gossip that suggest we have bought 17 year old Ghanaian Abdul issahaku Fatawa?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103447 on: June 19, 2021, 06:59:00 pm »
This is the same player we were said to have bought back at the end of May, when the Echo said “no”, but the stories are back again

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #103448 on: June 19, 2021, 07:02:10 pm »
Do we believe the bits of gossip that suggest we have bought 17 year old Ghanaian Abdul issahaku Fatawa?

It seems likely it's true if it's correct that the president of Steadfast has confirmed it.

Given how we tend to treat the signing of young players, I doubt we'll confirm it officially, at least not before he's 18. Sounds like he'll be loaned to Sporting Lisbon.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103449 on: June 20, 2021, 12:03:35 am »
This is the same player we were said to have bought back at the end of May, when the Echo said “no”, but the stories are back again

Most of the noise is coming from Ghana:

- It is alleged that he did medicals in Germany and signed a 5 year contract but will be loaned out
- His Nigerian agent starting messing up with Leverkusen after ‘Pool submitted a bigger fee and wages

Who knows, but the reporting is not ambivalent at all

Yet another left footer if he comes

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #103450 on: June 21, 2021, 09:56:10 am »
I get the Duncan vibes with this.

Very much so. Has proved nothing yet.

I haven't been impressed the few times I've seen Ennis, physical player with an eye for goal, but not that technically gifted?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #103451 on: June 21, 2021, 10:12:46 am »
Van den Berg gone back to Preston for the season.
AHA!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103452 on: June 21, 2021, 10:25:23 am »
Van den Berg gone back to Preston for the season.

It was part of the deal last season.

Preston had 1st pick if we were sending him back out on loan. Good luck to him.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #103453 on: June 21, 2021, 11:34:51 am »
Should be another good loan for him, wonder if they'll keep him at right back or move him inside.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103454 on: June 21, 2021, 05:02:47 pm »
Isn't he massive though, as in, better suited centrally? Remember a photo of him stood next to Klopp and he looked even taller than him. Still, that kind of versatility can only be a good thing.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103455 on: June 21, 2021, 05:46:56 pm »
Should be another good loan for him, wonder if they'll keep him at right back or move him inside.

He apparently wants to be playing centrally, whether or not they’ll give him that chance is another thing though
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103456 on: June 22, 2021, 07:46:44 am »
Looks like they will. Talk they're going three at the back and he'll be on the right.
Manager's comments:

“He came as a right centre-back. He didn’t get many games playing in that position, but he fitted in really well as a right back and then as a right wing back.

"I thought he was fantastic. I think he’s done really well and we’ll see how he does at right centre back."

If he does well, we will maybe see him as our fourth/fifth centre back and TAA cover next season.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #103457 on: June 22, 2021, 11:12:28 am »
Best of luck to Sepp on another loan move, by all accounts he was excellent for PNE in his 5/6 months there. If he can replicate his form over a full season and grow in quality in a couple of areas then I think it's likely he could have a good future here, he's still only 19 and with experience at right back now he's an even more appealing prospect, because versatility is massive. Hope he smashes it there and then we'll wait and see what happens next with him, perhaps a loan move at a higher level or he stick around depending on the status of the squad.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103458 on: June 23, 2021, 11:51:16 am »
Back on the Ghanaian 18 year old, James Pearce has tweeted that LFC have defo not bought him.  End of ..

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103459 on: June 23, 2021, 12:28:57 pm »
Back on the Ghanaian 18 year old, James Pearce has tweeted that LFC have defo not bought him.  End of ..
I haven't been this disappointed since we didn't sign Sylvain Marveaux.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103460 on: June 26, 2021, 01:15:46 pm »
Gonna be devastating if that Arat kid doesn't make it as a professional. Will also be devastating if Liverpool end up letting him go to Barcelona's academy somehow.

Only aged 7 but could be our own Mbappe.
YNWA.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103461 on: June 28, 2021, 11:26:26 am »
Conor Bradley getting hyped up to the max by Caoimhe O'Neill in The Athletic. Sounds like that's us sorted for the next 15 years cos we have Roberto Carlos in our ranks.

We do hype our kids up a fair bit, don't we? Sometimes they're pretty good I guess, but is Bradley really able to cover for Neco?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #103462 on: June 28, 2021, 12:01:33 pm »
Conor Bradley getting hyped up to the max by Caoimhe O'Neill in The Athletic. Sounds like that's us sorted for the next 15 years cos we have Roberto Carlos in our ranks.

We do hype our kids up a fair bit, don't we? Sometimes they're pretty good I guess, but is Bradley really able to cover for Neco?

I noticed Owen Beck more in the Youth Cup games I watched, but I didn't either fullback showed up that well. Bradley certainly didn't look ready to be our RB cover for the first team. I'm all for filling these kids with confidence but I call BS on this line that we wont need someone if Neco leaves.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103463 on: June 28, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »

The same happened with Brewster,Hoever & others.
to be honest it has worked the media hyping as we jave made good money on players from the academy in the last 5 years

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103464 on: June 28, 2021, 12:14:00 pm »

If we draw a lower league team in the domestic cups, yes.

We wouldn't thrown him in at a ground like Old Trafford like we did with Trent, but it sounds like he'll be in and around the first-team picture this season. He's one of the best prospects we have at the moment.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103465 on: June 28, 2021, 12:25:45 pm »
I noticed Owen Beck more in the Youth Cup games I watched, but I didn't either fullback showed up that well. Bradley certainly didn't look ready to be our RB cover for the first team. I'm all for filling these kids with confidence but I call BS on this line that we wont need someone if Neco leaves.
beck didn't play in the youth cup this year

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103466 on: June 28, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »

I don't think it's us, although maybe we could refuse then publishing these articles.

They have 3 dedicated Liverpool correspondents to find something to write for and must know these sort of articles get clicks. There was quite a few through the season on youth players and we seemed to be the only side talked about ahead of the youth cup final, which I guess is again driven by who was going to bring in the traffic/views.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 12:30:35 pm by Chris~ »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #103467 on: June 28, 2021, 12:29:46 pm »
The same happened with Brewster,Hoever & others.

to be honest it has worked the media hyping as we jave made good money on players from the academy in the last 5 years

The same didnt happen with Brewster and Hoever. They both got to a level where they were able to play for us without particularly standing out as a kid stepping up a level, but not quite good enough to get regular minutes and perhaps then not enough to progress as much as we/they would like. They werent sold because the media had hyped them up.

Incidentally.....Brewster has just turned 21 and Hoever turned 19 six months ago. They havent retired yet ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103468 on: June 28, 2021, 12:49:01 pm »
The same didnt happen with Brewster and Hoever. They both got to a level where they were able to play for us without particularly standing out as a kid stepping up a level, but not quite good enough to get regular minutes and perhaps then not enough to progress as much as we/they would like. They werent sold because the media had hyped them up.

Incidentally.....Brewster has just turned 21 and Hoever turned 19 six months ago. They havent retired yet ;)
The media hype  may have helped us get better fee's never said that was the reason they were sold.
Hoever for potentially up to 15m was a huge fee for someone with no first team experience. He has done fine at Wolves last season though.

Brewster was another large fee for someone who had only played for 6 months at 1st team level.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103469 on: June 28, 2021, 12:56:33 pm »
The media hype  may have helped us get better fee's never said that was the reason they were sold.
Hoever for potentially up to 15m was a huge fee for someone with no first team experience. He has done fine at Wolves last season though.

Brewster was another large fee for someone who had only played for 6 months at 1st team level.

Hoever did have first team experience, however small. He'd scored a goal for the first team.

This is generally how youth football works. We signed him as a very, very highly rated youngster. If anyone has helped getting big fees for youngsters with limited experience, its probably Chelsea. Sign highly rated youngsters, don't get much of a chance in the first team but others are still keen to get them for what will turn out to be a bargain if they fulfil their potential. Brewster wasnt a great move for him or Sheff United granted but he's still young enough to turn it around. Its got very little to do with hyping up our youngsters. Hoever is a pretty awful example because he looks like he's got all the tools to be a monster.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #103470 on: June 28, 2021, 12:56:58 pm »
beck didn't play in the youth cup this year

Sorry, meant Norris

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103471 on: June 28, 2021, 01:07:19 pm »
Hoever did have first team experience, however small. He'd scored a goal for the first team.

This is generally how youth football works. We signed him as a very, very highly rated youngster. If anyone has helped getting big fees for youngsters with limited experience, its probably Chelsea. Sign highly rated youngsters, don't get much of a chance in the first team but others are still keen to get them for what will turn out to be a bargain if they fulfil their potential. Brewster wasnt a great move for him or Sheff United granted but he's still young enough to turn it around. Its got very little to do with hyping up our youngsters. Hoever is a pretty awful example because he looks like he's got all the tools to be a monster.
Very rarely since Klopp & Edwarsd have been here we have regretted selling players young or old.

Brewster can become a decent championship striker.

Hoever is a decent young player comfortable on the ball. All the tools to be a monster I dont think so.
If he did we wouldnt have let him go.
Could be one we got wrong time will tell but i doubt it

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103472 on: June 28, 2021, 02:23:37 pm »
Very rarely since Klopp & Edwarsd have been here we have regretted selling players young or old.

Brewster can become a decent championship striker.

Hoever is a decent young player comfortable on the ball. All the tools to be a monster I dont think so.
If he did we wouldnt have let him go.
Could be one we got wrong time will tell but i doubt it

I'm not sure there are any....? Sorry...what was your point exactly? :D

Also doesnt mean much really, does it? Rhian Brewster working under Klopp and Ljinders, playing alongside the likes of Salah, VVD, Mane, TAA et al is likely to become a better player than Rhian Brewster working under Chris Wilder and playing alongside the likes of McBurnie, Jagielka and Ramsdale.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #103473 on: June 28, 2021, 02:31:59 pm »

From what I saw of him he definitely has the build and physicality that someone like Neco lacks as a modern fullback.  Neco is a more refined footballer, but Bradley looks a better bet for our playstyle.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ElPayaso

• Main Stander
« Reply #103474 on: June 30, 2021, 09:42:13 am »
I don't think either Neco or Conor are ready to cover for Trent, and from what I've seen I highly doubt any of them will be. They can have decent careers though and if we can get 10m£+ for Neco it's a no-brainer for me, and most likely good for him. I still regret letting Hoever go, even if he hasn't really smashed it for Wolves yet he's still a really exciting player, and he could have covered at CB for us last season as well. If we decide to sell Neco, Klopp is probably relying on Milner/Gomez to cover for Trent.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103475 on: June 30, 2021, 09:58:45 am »
Suppose Ben Davies might be the missing piece in that little right back jigsaw.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline North Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103476 on: June 30, 2021, 10:32:50 am »
Good point.
Has Davies ever played right back before?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #103477 on: June 30, 2021, 10:36:23 am »
He's apparently left footed

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #103478 on: June 30, 2021, 10:41:46 am »

Ben Davies is definitely the missing piece or the missing link.

Like the Yeti I won't believe he exists until I see him playing, or training or even in a Nivea advert.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103479 on: June 30, 2021, 10:49:12 am »

He’s left footed and plays as the left centre back. Most likely Gomez or Milner as backup RB I would think, particularly if Konate settles in well and can keep Gomez on his toes for the right sided CB place
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A