Author Topic: Neco Williams Appreciation thread  (Read 114864 times)

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Neco Williams Appreciation thread
« Reply #800 on: December 13, 2020, 06:26:01 pm »
Was Trent injured?

Williams gave the ball away more or less every time it went out to him. Pretty much killed our chances to go win the game.

I must be blind because I thought Neco Williams was pretty solid once he came on and contributed to our attacks too.

Some people must have an agenda.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #801 on: December 13, 2020, 06:26:06 pm »
Was Trent injured?

Williams gave the ball away more or less every time it went out to him. Pretty much killed our chances to go win the game.

Absolute car crash of a post, he played well

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #802 on: December 13, 2020, 06:26:49 pm »
Was Trent injured?

I don’t think so. He played the full 90 the other day, so more than likely it was a sub that was going to happen whatever the score line today with Trent only just coming back from an injury.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #803 on: December 13, 2020, 06:31:49 pm »
I thought he did fine. Maybe a bit too eager with the crosses,needs to check first if there's anybody in the box,but good effort

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: December 13, 2020, 07:02:48 pm »
Excellent when he came on. Both Neco and Taki were great and impactful subs in the Fulham game.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: December 13, 2020, 07:05:04 pm »
Needs to lift his head up more

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #806 on: December 13, 2020, 07:47:10 pm »
Much much better

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #807 on: December 13, 2020, 08:51:10 pm »
Excellent when he came on. Both Neco and Taki were great and impactful subs in the Fulham game.
x2

How Neco avoided getting his foot broken I wouldn't know, but right after that challenge he stuck in again and put a beautiful cross seconds later. Excellent performance from him.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: December 13, 2020, 10:34:07 pm »
i been critical but he is starting to do well.

Seen someone saying he gave the ball away.
He played some balls in behind like Trents does when nothing was on. Right thing to do rather that a square ball into midfield.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #809 on: December 14, 2020, 11:05:26 am »
I honestly would have preferred having Henderson at RB and Philips to come on for Trent instead. Neco has a lot of time to develop and I believe he will become a solid player for us but in my opinion it wasn't a good idea to play him yesterday. Overhit a lot of crosses and cut back too often in promising situations.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 11:10:31 am by SMASHerano »

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: December 14, 2020, 05:54:09 pm »
I honestly would have preferred having Henderson at RB and Philips to come on for Trent instead. Neco has a lot of time to develop and I believe he will become a solid player for us but in my opinion it wasn't a good idea to play him yesterday. Overhit a lot of crosses and cut back too often in promising situations.
Then all Spurs would need to do is play Son on the left side and exploit the lack of speed. He'd go past Hendo and Nat like past traffic cones.

Offline Adams83

• Main Stander
« Reply #811 on: December 14, 2020, 06:35:49 pm »
Then all Spurs would need to do is play Son on the left side and exploit the lack of speed. He'd go past Hendo and Nat like past traffic cones.

He was talking about the Fulham game, not the Spurs game that's coming up.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #812 on: December 14, 2020, 08:23:25 pm »
Seems to be getting his confidence back, was always looking for forward ball once he came on.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: December 14, 2020, 10:43:24 pm »
He was talking about the Fulham game, not the Spurs game that's coming up.
My bad. But my point stands, Lookman had a brilliant game as it was.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #814 on: March 7, 2021, 04:13:23 pm »
Really struggled today, but then Trent wasn't much better when he came on.  He looks like a slow winger playing as a full back.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #815 on: March 7, 2021, 04:14:16 pm »
Really struggled today, but then Trent wasn't much better when he came on.  He looks like a slow winger playing as a full back.
Trent straight away created a couple of chances with his crosses.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: March 7, 2021, 04:14:35 pm »

He should be in the championship at this current point in his career, lower league PL at a stretch.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #817 on: March 7, 2021, 04:14:51 pm »
Shit first half, excellent second half. Looks more suited playing higher up the pitch because he's defensively slower than Trent, especially on the turn.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: March 7, 2021, 04:15:20 pm »

Agreed he struggled, disagree TAA wasn't much better.

I think most concerning, along with many of our feelgood stand-in players, is the lack of pace
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: March 7, 2021, 04:15:38 pm »
He's a Championship level player, like the other Williams and Phillips are as well. What was he expecting picking a defence like that
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: March 7, 2021, 04:16:39 pm »
He's a Championship level player, like the other Williams and Phillips are as well. What was he expecting picking a defence like that
If you're pissed off and want to slate somebody, go and pick on one of the senior pro's.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #821 on: March 7, 2021, 04:17:11 pm »
Trent straight away created a couple of chances with his crosses.

I think Neco created more in the second half, even the Jota shot and he himself got a decent shot away. He needs to go on loan and get game time to develop because in his current state, he's not playing and not making the steps to be a proper backup for Trent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: March 7, 2021, 04:17:47 pm »

He is poor but fucking Milner is volleying passes to the left wing because he is too scared to let the ball drop and control it.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: March 7, 2021, 04:21:09 pm »
If you're pissed off and want to slate somebody, go and pick on one of the senior pro's.
I haven't slated anybody. I've stated an irrefutable fact. He's a Championship standard footballer. He wouldn't get in a single PL side. The senior pros are an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of the shite they've churned out for a long time now

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: March 7, 2021, 04:29:13 pm »
I haven't slated anybody. I've stated an irrefutable fact. He's a Championship standard footballer. He wouldn't get in a single PL side. The senior pros are an absolute disgrace and should be ashamed of the shite they've churned out for a long time now

It’s not an irrefutable fact, but yes I think most teams in this league including the bottom ones have better quality starting right backs, if not more naturally talented definitely more experienced which of course helps also.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #825 on: March 7, 2021, 04:30:55 pm »
I think Neco created more in the second half, even the Jota shot and he himself got a decent shot away. He needs to go on loan and get game time to develop because in his current state, he's not playing and not making the steps to be a proper backup for Trent.
The Jota ‘chance’ is really a poor cross from the byline to the edge of the 18-yard box. I wouldn’t use that as an example of creativity.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #826 on: March 7, 2021, 04:32:38 pm »
It’s not an irrefutable fact, but yes I think most teams in this league including the bottom ones have better quality starting right backs, if not more naturally talented definitely more experienced which of course helps also.
Every time he starts he gets taken to the cleaners. It isn't his fault he's not good enough, but it's obvious that he's not. Lookman ran him ragged all day

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #827 on: March 7, 2021, 05:41:43 pm »
I refute it, so not irrefutable fact
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: March 7, 2021, 05:44:18 pm »
Not sure what can be expected of a lad who hasn’t played any football for months. Don’t even think he’s played u23s. Was exposed - had no cover and struggled.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: March 7, 2021, 06:27:12 pm »
I refute it, so not irrefutable fact
Refute it all you want mate. He's not good enough for Liverpool. End of story. Neither are Phillips and Rhys Williams. The lack of backing the manager has had from the ownership has forced us to field these players far more than they ever should have been

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: March 7, 2021, 06:36:50 pm »
Not sure what can be expected of a lad who hasn’t played any football for months. Don’t even think he’s played u23s. Was exposed - had no cover and struggled.
He hasn't played any all season, which is a problem for players like him and Rhys as they end up missing playing any sort of regular football.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: March 7, 2021, 06:51:59 pm »

Absolutely. No rhythm, no match fitness and comes into a side that's on the worst home run in its modern history, playing alongside 6th and 7th choice Central defenders. Glad he kept showing for the ball second half even if his ball in wasn't good enough.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #832 on: March 7, 2021, 07:40:51 pm »
IT’s tough for young players to be backups.

Sure, he may not be good enough, and the few glimpses this season - he’s looked poor, but he’s hardly played a lot of games at a high level, and he won’t if he stays at Liverpool. So it’s just a tough situation all round.

Either send him on loan, or let him move on.  For a position like ‘back up fullback’ to a really dynamic and young fullback who won’t be going anywhere soon, maybe having a more experienced player is the way. Someone who can step in and be sound rather than flashy when needed.

But with all the changes the team needs, it may be low priority.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #833 on: March 7, 2021, 11:25:03 pm »
Probably the slowest attacking fullback in the world! It’s frustrating to see him chasing Fulham players without making any grounds all game! The coaching staff should share some of the responsibilities too because it happens so many times and no one ask him to stay back a little bit to compensate for his lack of pace. Sorry to say he is not good enough even as a back up for Liverpool.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #834 on: March 8, 2021, 12:30:11 am »
Probably the slowest attacking fullback in the world! It’s frustrating to see him chasing Fulham players without making any grounds all game! The coaching staff should share some of the responsibilities too because it happens so many times and no one ask him to stay back a little bit to compensate for his lack of pace. Sorry to say he is not good enough even as a back up for Liverpool.

It's very frustrating that in a time where we desperately need them, the youngsters fundamentally aren't what is required. There isn't one ounce of pace in the two Williamses, Koumetio, Van den Berg or Phillips combined which is one of the main pre-requisites to play in a Klopp side. It's not their fault at all, just a baffling recruitment oversight.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #835 on: March 8, 2021, 09:11:31 am »
It's very frustrating that in a time where we desperately need them, the youngsters fundamentally aren't what is required. There isn't one ounce of pace in the two Williamses, Koumetio, Van den Berg or Phillips combined which is one of the main pre-requisites to play in a Klopp side. It's not their fault at all, just a baffling recruitment oversight.

Yup and not helped by a chronic lack of pace in midfield, we suddenly look very one paced.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #836 on: March 8, 2021, 09:20:01 am »

It is also not helping that we sent our brightest and fastest defensive prospect to Wolves. Ki Jana would have been a better option to be back up for TAA.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #837 on: March 13, 2021, 02:52:18 pm »
Refute it all you want mate. He's not good enough for Liverpool. End of story.
I'm continuing the narrative so not end of story
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #838 on: March 13, 2021, 02:58:40 pm »
It is also not helping that we sent our brightest and fastest defensive prospect to Wolves. Ki Jana would have been a better option to be back up for TAA.
;D

Lol, if he'd played a few league games in anger and we'd lost or he'd been beaten, you know, because he's a young and inexperienced player, too, you'd have been trashing him now just like Neco and other inexperienced players are being trashed.

I'll say it again: people pretend that they understand that young players are inexperienced and will make mistakes and still need time to develop, and they pretend that they understand that back-up players can't always be as good as first-choicers, but when it actually comes down to it, all that pretence goes out of window.

Why not just come out and say you want fully fledged top-level, world-class, experienced players in every position, inc. backup (never mind whether the club can afford it or not, and what that does to young player development) and you want it NOW!!! *Stamps foot*
« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 03:00:13 pm by Ghost Town »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #839 on: March 13, 2021, 06:40:46 pm »
Neco has flashes of composure in games, but a lot of the time he looks like he doesn't know how to play the position(for us) and his, like Trents problems are joint ones in defence, they suffer in varying levels of the same issues and I'm not sure how long it will be before the issues are resolved. Admittedly Trent looks more assured defensively, though not by much, but until time has passed and they get the answer, then they'll suffer with their joint issues.

Their issue you wonder?....they both haven't got the best center-halve in the world, inside of them, guiding them and covering them.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family