Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1415279 times)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title, The Pack Chasing Us
« Reply #4800 on: February 5, 2019, 06:12:37 pm »
Anyone questioning our "bottle", or insinuating that we're "bottlers", or suggesting that we may have "bottled" this title challenge, or using any other term that derives from the word bottle, deserve to be pelted savagely and relentlessly with hardened balls of their own shite.

That is all.

Just to clarify, I'm not questioning our bottle!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4801 on: February 5, 2019, 06:13:32 pm »
It's more down to language, rather than anything deeper. But it's probably also due to the narrative around modern football - and us in recent years.

Really, I should've said we might 'lose it' to City. Which in itself wouldn't be seen as the end of the world, losing to a fantastic City side, but the dominant narrative would be that we've bottled it. Which I also see some merit in. We have been sitting at the top of the table for weeks (months?) now, from a position of almost being 10 points ahead - all whilst not being utterly fantastic. So if we go on to concede that huge advantage, I can see why people would think of it as bottling the title.

At the same time, should injuries continue the way they have done, it wouldn't be us bottling it. It would be a huge fucking shame, but it would just mean City have a far superior squad to deal with the title race than we do.

Why are you assuming the worst ?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4802 on: February 5, 2019, 06:13:43 pm »
We could have gone 10 points ahead with a win over someone not long ago, I'm sure? Or was it 7? Correct me with the right number, if I'm mistaken.

Yes we could have gone 10 points clear if we beat City. We were never in a place to confidently go 10 points clear.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4803 on: February 5, 2019, 06:13:47 pm »
Anyone questioning our "bottle", or insinuating that we're "bottlers", or suggesting that we may have "bottled" this title challenge, or using any other term that derives from the word bottle, deserve to be pelted savagely and relentlessly with hardened balls of their own shite.

That is all.
This.

It's OK to be frustrated by the performances post City and the last two results, it is a blip in a long season, it happens.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Bill Lacey

• Main Stander
  • With a Liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #4804 on: February 5, 2019, 06:14:05 pm »
It's up to Klopp now. He's got two main jobs now....

He's got to get into the players heads because they've clearly lost confidence and are not responding to the pressure.

Despite the fact that Trent and Lovren/Gomez being absent has destabilised the defence, it's not the main problem. The problem is not even in midfield, even losing Hendo and Gini. It's maybe a little simplistic, but it's all about the front three. Only Mane comes out with any credit in the last few games. Salah and Firmino have been totally ineffective, as has Shaqiri. As bad as Bobby was, Shaqiri was dreadful off the bench. His passing was horrible. Seems like we were always trying to get through the middle of WH rather than go down the sides. So Klopp needs to change something that makes that attack work again. There's the old idea in football, that even if you are not scoring, you are creating chances. Well, we aren't doing that either at the moment. It's too slow, predictable, leaving too many players trying to beat two or three players to get into the penalty area. The team is woefully lacking any long range shooting ability, something that might draw teams out. I think Klopp needs to try something radically different against a very intelligent manager on Saturday. He's been out-thought by Puel and Pellegrini in a week, he needs to spark that attack.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4805 on: February 5, 2019, 06:14:18 pm »
Glad someone agrees with me that we have a target on our backs and teams are more motivated when they face us than they would be against City.

I don’t think that’s true  :)

City lost to Leicester, Palace and Newcastle. That doesn’t suggest they try harder against us. The more teams take points from us/them, the more others look and go ‘hmmm maybe we could too’

It’s going to be hectic. Anyone who thought we’d win the title easily hasn’t watched us very long. Last time we won the CL, it was the most dramatic CL Final ever. Last time we won the UEFA Cup, it was the most dramatic UEFA Cup Final ever. Last time we won the FA Cup it was the most dramatic FA Cup Final ever. This club hasn’t done things easily since the 80s. There’s no way that our first league title win in decades is going to be calm.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #4806 on: February 5, 2019, 06:17:20 pm »
He's got to get into the players heads because they've clearly lost confidence and are not responding to the pressure.

What a load of bollox

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4807 on: February 5, 2019, 06:18:55 pm »
Why are you assuming the worst ?

I'm not assuming the worst, not at all. If you look at my original post:

Was a miserable bastard yesterday, and still am, but I'm starting to get my perspective back a bit now.

A few weeks ago I was thinking, "this title challenge doesn't feel like Liverpool". By that, I mean it felt a bit too comfortable. We had a chance to go 10 points up at one stage. That's something we've not been accustomed to, at least in my life time.

We do things the hard way. That's just what we do. I'd do anything to win the title, but you know what's better than winning the title with ease? Winning it the Liverpool way... almost fucking it up, causing hundreds of near heart-attacks, moments of frustration, anger, despair. All to finally culminate in a huge moment where we defy all the odds and answer our critics for the last 29 years.

I'd love an easy title win, ala City last year. But really, there's no fun in that. Bring on all the highs and lows that the rest of the campaign might bring. We might bottle it at the end, but at least enjoy our ride till the end. It's what supporting football's all about. If we bring home the title at the end of the season, beating a monstrous City side against all odds, it'll feel all that much better.

Yes we could have gone 10 points clear if we beat City. We were never in a place to confidently go 10 points clear.

Again, I'm on about the narrative that would be surrounding us should it happen. I'm not sure why there's so much focus on the word 'bottle' here! Replace it with we 'miss out on' and read my post again. I'm not being negative in the slightest. My whole post was about enjoying the fucking ride and seeing where it takes us. I'm not sure why this hasn't been inferred...

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4808 on: February 5, 2019, 06:19:12 pm »
Why are people thinking about United now? That game is three weeks away.

Focus on Bournemouth then Bayern and we will discuss United when we get to them, there are a lot of variables that can change within that period.
It's the over-reaching for a negative. The NEED to feel bad.
It's not a problem discussing it, but it's the negative spin on something that does not even exist somewhere in the ether yet- that gets me.

I'm not even thinking of that game or this next game. That's a few days away from now(Saturday/Sunday/Monday?). I don't even know who we play next simply because I'm not interested in it until a day or so before.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 06:24:25 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4809 on: February 5, 2019, 06:22:43 pm »
It is your own fears and demons about the title race YOU are trying to impose on others and the side.

Why not let Klopp and Co get on with it. 

Andy speaks for the players:

https://twitter.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1092712935623929858?s=19
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4810 on: February 5, 2019, 06:26:31 pm »
It is your own fears and demons about the title race YOU are trying to impose on others and the side.

Now there's a lad!
Working Class Hero! I just wish we would listen and support them instead of giving them stick.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4811 on: February 5, 2019, 06:31:34 pm »
What's all this bollocks about not supporting the team? I heard the away fans plenty of times yesterday. They were well up for it, so credit to them. We weren't at Anfield so you can't really use the "they gave us nervous energy" excuse. Plus that game at Anfield was odd. Under the lights at home and with excessive snowfall. I don't think anybody is trying to impose any demons on anyone, and certainly not on the players. Honestly who cares what we say here on an internet forum.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4812 on: February 5, 2019, 06:33:11 pm »
Last 4 games we have taken 8 points and Man City have taken 9 points.

People need to get a grip - we’re good and I don’t see us get any worse so good times will come !!!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4813 on: February 5, 2019, 06:34:04 pm »
Now there's a lad!
Working Class Hero! I just wish we would listen and support them instead of giving them stick.

It’s good to see that attitude, same with VVD. And it’s actually good to see a decent amount on here getting behind them and not being ridiculously melodramatic over a couple of draws.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4814 on: February 5, 2019, 06:43:24 pm »

That is all.

Damn right,imo they should try following another sport.

It's bad enough listening to the spin from the knobheads in the media let alone people who claim to be a supporter of our club.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4815 on: February 5, 2019, 06:57:16 pm »
What's all this bollocks about not supporting the team? I heard the away fans plenty of times yesterday. They were well up for it, so credit to them. We weren't at Anfield so you can't really use the "they gave us nervous energy" excuse. Plus that game at Anfield was odd. Under the lights at home and with excessive snowfall. I don't think anybody is trying to impose any demons on anyone, and certainly not on the players. Honestly who cares what we say here on an internet forum.

I dont want to have a go at match going fans but the players mentioned the nervousness and other fans mentioned it as well.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #4816 on: February 5, 2019, 06:59:27 pm »

"Gies yer laptop..."
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #4817 on: February 5, 2019, 07:00:20 pm »
Firstly, I really wish people would cut out this paranoid bullshit that the world wants us to lose the title. Most neutrals I know (and by neutrals I’m discounting United and Everton fans) want us to win the league. The media will be delighted if we win the league as it’s a huge story. Yes the punditry on sky sports is reactionary, but honestly what do you expect? If it bothers you that much what Carragher and Neville think then don’t watch it. Simple.

Sorry mate, just snipped a part of this post to reply to this in particular.

From what i see and hear it's the opposite. Most don't want us to win it. I drop in to other club's forums every now and again and, mostly if not all, fans would rather prefer City to win it. In fact, when a question is asked by a lone poster who doesn't see the logic behind why so many fans hate Liverpool they are frowned upon and poked at. It's the same on every neutral club forum. I follow a lot of fantasy football experts on social media, and it's the same there. When they chime in about the title race they would much rather not see us win it and they just need an excuse to come out with all the 'bottled it' bollocks again. Even though they don't call City bottlers when they've lost 3 more games than us. They have no legitimate reason for us to not win it, and it seems to stem from hate. Those are just a couple of examples. A lot of neutrals I know do want us to win but that's because they have some kind of association to me and understand what it means to win it.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2019, 07:05:17 pm by Number 7 »
YWNA

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4818 on: February 5, 2019, 07:02:34 pm »
I dont want to have a go at match going fans but the players mentioned the nervousness and other fans mentioned it as well.

If we're going to say that the conditions that day affected our football, then we can also say it affected the fans as well. Not everyone is going to be at their jovial best for 90 minutes as snow falls during sub zero temperatures. Sure, there was nervousness, but I think the conditions certainly had their part to play as well.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4819 on: February 5, 2019, 07:12:36 pm »
If we're going to say that the conditions that day affected our football, then we can also say it affected the fans as well. Not everyone is going to be at their jovial best for 90 minutes as snow falls during sub zero temperatures. Sure, there was nervousness, but I think the conditions certainly had their part to play as well.

I think the conditions for the fans is a load of crap, it's not the first time that Anfield shat itself on a regular league night.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4820 on: February 5, 2019, 07:16:28 pm »
WWWWWWDDWWDWWWWWWWWWLWWDD

Not a bad season I'd say.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #4821 on: February 5, 2019, 07:18:01 pm »
In our last 10 matches we've dropped 7 points, City have dropped 12, yet the league is over because we only lead City by 3.

Believers instead of doubters.

It's more to do with how 'distinctly average' we're playing, how the injuries are mounting up, how some key players are looking out of form/jaded.

And us arsing it up in 2014 still being raw.

I'm hoping The Ox comes back good as new, because he adds an extra dimension to our midfield, which will make it harder for opposition managers to plan how best to stifle us.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4822 on: February 5, 2019, 07:19:21 pm »

Yes but the reaction after the game wasnt positive either.

The media has seized upon this. They are not stupid, they are a very dodgy, vindictive and opportunist bunch of people and they have seen how fans have lost their heads. They will keep fuelling this fire now and nearly every day we are bombarded with messages of how we are under the cosh and wilting.

The fans are buying it. Quite clearly they are and you will see anotjer outpouring of frustration and anger tomorrow night.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4823 on: February 5, 2019, 07:19:59 pm »
Feels a lot like 2008-09 where we lost our steam during late January-early February with a bunch of draws and United gained momentum ahead of us.

Need to beat Bournemouth confidently, go on a 10 day break (no Dubai or Marbella trips please) and get Trent, Lovren, Gini and Hendo back in the squad. Hopefully no more serious injuries to anyone from now till May cause we're threadbare.

Lots of people getting confused between causation and correlation on here.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Caligula?

• Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4824 on: February 5, 2019, 07:22:32 pm »
It's more to do with how 'distinctly average' we're playing, how the injuries are mounting up, how some key players are looking out of form/jaded.

And us arsing it up in 2014 still being raw.

I'm hoping The Ox comes back good as new, because he adds an extra dimension to our midfield, which will make it harder for opposition managers to plan how best to stifle us.

I'd love it if he's back myself, but I think placing any hope in AOC is a bit naive. The best case scenario for him is coming back sometime in March. Klopp doesn't like rushing players back, so at best we're only going to see him for 5-10 minutes at a time here and there for a few weeks. Add a few more weeks for him to get up to speed and match fit, and I doubt he'll have any significant part to play this season.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4825 on: February 5, 2019, 07:27:24 pm »
I'm not assuming the worst, not at all. If you look at my original post:

Again, I'm on about the narrative that would be surrounding us should it happen. I'm not sure why there's so much focus on the word 'bottle' here! Replace it with we 'miss out on' and read my post again. I'm not being negative in the slightest. My whole post was about enjoying the fucking ride and seeing where it takes us. I'm not sure why this hasn't been inferred...

I was reading the replies, and i couldn't believe it. Seems like you have to spend a few hours to write a single comment in here in order to be 100% politically, morally, and emotionally correct, or else, people will take things out of context, put the words in your mouth, twist them, whenever they see an opportunity.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4826 on: February 5, 2019, 07:30:52 pm »
I was reading the replies, and i couldn't believe it. Seems like you have to spend a few hours to write a single comment in here in order to be 100% politically, morally, and emotionally correct, or else, people will take things out of context, put the words in your mouth, twist them, whenever they see an opportunity.

People shouldnt be talking about the narrative. Who cares about the media narrative. The media are a bunch of nasty, vindictive liars who are doing everything they can to get their public sheep to gather to their will.

People need to forget them.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4827 on: February 5, 2019, 07:32:24 pm »
WWWWWWDDWWDWWWWWWWWWLWWDD

Not a bad season I'd say.

Top of the league. Everyone go and have a walk or a pint or something. It’s February 5th for
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4828 on: February 5, 2019, 07:33:03 pm »
...goodness sake. :)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4829 on: February 5, 2019, 07:38:48 pm »
Top of the league. Everyone go and have a walk or a pint or something. It’s February 5th for

Luis Garcia
@LuchoGarcia14

Morning !! Hope you all had a good thought about it.Too many of you were talking about this PL trophy already on our Shelfs in December when we were points ahead. Couple of bad results and you're talking about already lost it. Don't go from one edge to other #Topofthetable #YNWA

12:19 AM - 5 Feb 2019

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4830 on: February 5, 2019, 07:43:41 pm »
Always loved Garcia

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4831 on: February 5, 2019, 07:46:07 pm »
We have to believe.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4832 on: February 5, 2019, 07:49:37 pm »
WTF is that supposed to mean, pal?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online Gladbach73

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4833 on: February 5, 2019, 07:50:08 pm »
So Jurgen has been asked for his "written observations" after his comments over Ken Friend? I'll do it for him:- The last three referees we have (unfortunately) had in our last three games, namely Moss, Atkinson and Friend are if not the worst, amongst the worst in the premier league. If the FA need evidence of the sad lack of decent match officials, just ask FIFA why they didn't take any English refs to the World Cup? Because they are all crap!!!!

Oh, and we are still top until at least tomorrow with the Ev's usual capitulation at the Pit. Call to arms for our support starting on Saturday, win our games and no one, not City, not the Spuds, can do anything about it.

Oh and if you want a laugh, have a look at Sky and the bluenose who has sold his ticket because he doesn't want to see Ev get beat, or if they win he doesn't want to see that either. #bluelogic #wegothegame
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #4834 on: February 5, 2019, 08:30:00 pm »
It takes a nearly superhuman effort to beat a financially doped Pep team over a league season. The players are giving their all, so no complaints from me. I think we have the only team in the world that could put the shits up them like we have, and we should be proud of that. We're all desperate for that first PL title but that first one is going to be excruciatingly difficult to get over the line, so much pressure on the players and manager. One loss in the league this season while City have 4 and Spurs have 6. Klopp and Pochettino have done incredibly well to even be as close to City as they are. Brilliant over-achievement. Either of those two in charge of City and they would piss the league. It's better to try to ignore social media and the taunts of rival fans for the next few months. Their mocking is borne of fear. They know that if we manage to get over the line for that first PL title and get that monkey off our backs, the next trophies will come easier. It's only because of Liverpool that City are not strolling to another league title. They likely would have won the CL last season too if not for us. We're taking the fight to the cheating, corrupt oil c**ts and no one else is. Rival fans are happy to see them win it rather than us because us they can write that off as "oil club blah blah blah". The possibility of us winning it is agonizing for them because they know we're legit.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4835 on: February 5, 2019, 08:31:00 pm »
Got to love some man city fans trying to give it the bertie big bollocks with their 5 league titles and 0 european cups under their arm. They're somehow seasoned veterans with a rich football history now.

Just remind them back in 2011/12 after 25 games they had a 2 point lead.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4836 on: February 5, 2019, 08:45:40 pm »
Just one those pesky stats...Man City have never won back to back top flight League Championships.

They're the ones who choke...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4837 on: February 5, 2019, 08:53:52 pm »
Got to love some man city fans trying to give it the bertie big bollocks with their 5 league titles and 0 european cups under their arm. They're somehow seasoned veterans with a rich football history now.

Just remind them back in 2011/12 after 25 games they had a 2 point lead.

Only 5 leagues you Manc twats?

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #4838 on: February 5, 2019, 08:53:53 pm »
Supporting Man City must be joyless. Their fans barely show up even when they have a boss team and Pep Guardiola managing them. Maybe this is how it's meant to be for us. Whenever we finally win that title (and we obviously will at some point) it will be like pure nirvana after all the disappointments.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4839 on: February 5, 2019, 09:00:24 pm »