Author Topic: Arne Slot confirmed  (Read 168045 times)

Offline BusstaBuss

• Boys Pen
  • YNWA
Re: Arne Slot confirmed
« Reply #2080 on: Yesterday at 07:16:44 pm »
Looking forward to watching slot ball tonight!! Hoping to see a bit more control of the game and interested to see passing styles and how the press goes. Jurgens time was the best times I have lived, but I'm excited about what the future holds, he's came across well so far and the players seem invested. 
YNWA

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #2081 on: Yesterday at 07:36:22 pm »
This is perhaps the only concerning part of the interview, I'd have thought it's common sense to analyze training videos and pass on to the players what they are doing wrong or need to improve in this day and age. If we weren't doing that when Lijnders was overseeing training, then that's a bit poor.

I would imagine it's probably more the emphasis. Klopp may not have been concerned with things like body positioning and structure in possession when they watched the tapes back. I think it's possible that Slot may just be a better coach for midfielders.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:28:53 pm by wemmick »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2082 on: Yesterday at 07:38:00 pm »
There is no right or wrong way of playing the game. Each coach has a different way of playing. Some styles of play will suit some players more than others that is perfectly natural.

Along these lines, it doesn't necessarily follow that Slot thought we were too "chaotic" under Jurgen. He might just see possessing the ball in certain parts of the pitch, at certain times, as being his preferred method of attack, without reference to how we played before he took over.
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Redmoon18

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2083 on: Yesterday at 08:20:53 pm »
Extremely curious and excited about this game. First game under slot won’t give us all the answers we seek and lot of senior players missing but I hope we will be able to see some entertaining movements.

More control on the ball and more possession phases I think. Come on reds

Online Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: Yesterday at 08:31:06 pm »
The proof will obviously be in the pudding but I don't think the playing style will be that different in terms of the pace of our game and our attacking intent.

The main thing, in my opinion, that will be different is our attacking build up phase. In Klopp, I think it's fair to say that the midfield's role was not to be the fulcrum of creativity. The roles seemed to be divided between runners providing options when the front three had the ball or ball carriers that broke through defense lines (Gini, in particular, was fantastic at this). Klopp's 6 was much more critical on the defensive side of the game rather than the offensive side.

I think with Slot's setup, we will see some major and minor differences. I think the ball carrier aspect will still be there but these midfielders will also have a lot more responsibility on the creation front. The 6, in particular, might have a lot more responsibility to connect between the defense and the two 8s. And it'll be short, sharp interplay that will unlock attacking opportunities. I am curious to see what role our fullbacks play in this. From the training clips, it seems more about being runners in the inside or outside channels providing interplay options with either the forwards or midfield. I think this suits Bradley to a T. Even Robbo is well suited to this but he has a lot of miles in his legs. Less sure about Tsmikas. And I am most curious about Trent because that's not how he has been utilized in this Liverpool team for a while now.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #2085 on: Yesterday at 09:10:17 pm »
It would be good to see us have more control in the midfield if that is the playing style we’re going with. I was always told watching the old Lfc teams that you control the midfield then you control the match.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2086 on: Yesterday at 09:29:02 pm »
Along these lines, it doesn't necessarily follow that Slot thought we were too "chaotic" under Jurgen. He might just see possessing the ball in certain parts of the pitch, at certain times, as being his preferred method of attack, without reference to how we played before he took over.

I think Klopp 2.0 was progressing towards more control and less chaos anyway. The likes of Macca and Elliott are pretty much the antithesis of the athleticism of Fabinho, Gini and Henderson when they were in their pomp. We have been progressing to having more creative 8's for a while.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: Yesterday at 11:02:02 pm »
Who knows whether it will translate into performances which is the only thing that matters. But I'm delighted with what Curtis was saying
 He could hardly have been more positive. And I'm sure like everyone he loved Klopp.

We can't get away from the truth that we did have a largely functional midfield behind our best moments under Klopp. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. I do believe that we were transforming into something else with the Mac and Szobo signings, but it's great that Slot is perfectly positioned to get the best out of players like them and maybe we'll see a new side to Jones as well.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: Yesterday at 11:08:32 pm »
So we've been watching Curtis playing in a hurry the last few years? Can't wait to see him holding on to the ball for longer now... ;D

Offline DiggerJohn

• Legacy Fan
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #2089 on: Yesterday at 11:23:41 pm »
I think Klopp 2.0 was progressing towards more control and less chaos anyway. The likes of Macca and Elliott are pretty much the antithesis of the athleticism of Fabinho, Gini and Henderson when they were in their pomp. We have been progressing to having more creative 8's for a while.

I wonder if that was Pep Lijnders influence. Also replacing Firmino the false 9 with Nunez a more conventional no9. Inverting Trent was definitely Pep's influence. Thiago replacing Gini was also progressing away from the older blue print

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: Yesterday at 11:45:00 pm »
;) ;)

I hate to break it to you but I am not really a donkey either. This place eh ;)
I always thought you were a stuffed animal 🤔

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: Today at 06:20:12 am »
This is as unenthused as I've ever been about a season and I would probably feel the same even if the great man Klopp were still here. I also think Slot could do quite well if given time so it isn't that either.

It's more to do with the fact that the English League is a crock of shit with bent/incompetent refs, garbage use of VAR, and rampant cheating from the usual suspects, plus, quite frankly, most games are boring to watch. The two top sides, Arsenal and the cheats, are pretty dull to watch, if we're being honest. I'm utterly fed up with it and will be watching fewer games and highlights overall than ever before this season, although I will try to catch some of our games, of course.

Same. I have a natural lull after each season, but this time around definitely feels different. Last summer I listened to TAW weekly, especially the gutter shows. This summer I started a couple of episodes, then quit after 5-10 minutes when I realised I hadn't taken in a word. I don't care whether we sign anyone, nor if anyone leaves. Don't care what anyone thinks of Slot, nor can I be arsed reminiscing about Klopp. No doubt I'll perk up a little when the season starts, but there's been a definite shift in my attitude.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2092 on: Today at 08:25:36 am »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: Today at 09:41:01 am »
“During the season you will see us play with a real striker, but at this moment we have no one available,” he explained.

“Then with Dom and Harvey we’ve got two No. 10s, so we put them in the position they will play during the season as well.

“That was one of the reasons why we played with a double 10 instead of with a striker.

“That is maybe out of necessity, but for the rest, the style of play, with trying to build out from the back, that is our style.

“Not concede constant counter attacks…”

“To control the game, to not concede constant counter-attacks, that will hopefully be our style during the season.

“There were also, of course, many things we can improve, but that’s normal after two weeks.”

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2094 on: Today at 10:11:44 am »
“During the season you will see us play with a real striker, but at this moment we have no one available,” he explained.

“Then with Dom and Harvey we’ve got two No. 10s, so we put them in the position they will play during the season as well.

“That was one of the reasons why we played with a double 10 instead of with a striker.

“That is maybe out of necessity, but for the rest, the style of play, with trying to build out from the back, that is our style.

Not concede constant counter attacks…”

“To control the game, to not concede constant counter-attacks, that will hopefully be our style during the season.

“There were also, of course, many things we can improve, but that’s normal after two weeks.”

Yeah, if he's sat watching videos from last season then the easiest win is to tighten up. We've been far too open in recent seasons.

It's a lot easier when you only need one goal to win a game and you're not going behind all the time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2095 on: Today at 10:13:10 am »
I know it's only preseason, but I like the fact he's gone 'OK, I've got no strikers, I'll try something else tactically'.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: Today at 10:15:33 am »
I know it's only preseason, but I like the fact he's gone 'OK, I've got no strikers, I'll try something else tactically'.

Yeah, although maybe he could have given Danns the America tour before deciding on a loan.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #2097 on: Today at 10:20:22 am »
Yeah, although maybe he could have given Danns the America tour before deciding on a loan.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised. Can only assume the plan has always been to loan him out and we thought it was better to have him integrate ASAP (plus isn't he carrying an injury?)
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Kopite
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2098 on: Today at 10:27:30 am »

Hard to take him to America when he's injured

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: Today at 11:00:05 am »
Hard to take him to America when he's injured

He might be, the line from Pearce was he missed Preston as a precaution.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: Today at 11:05:48 am »
Yeah, I was a bit surprised. Can only assume the plan has always been to loan him out and we thought it was better to have him integrate ASAP (plus isn't he carrying an injury?)

He’s been injured

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2101 on: Today at 11:09:10 am »
Last night puts an end to the weird ‘Salah is going to be a 9’ chat

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: Today at 11:12:10 am »

And Slot's "we had no real strikers available" with Salah playing.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: Today at 11:24:43 am »

Not if you're Peter  :lmao

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: Today at 01:34:58 pm »
One thing I don't understand is how the likes of Grealish are back with City in USA while Gomez and Trent are not back with us. I believe Grealish was with the England squad, if someone can confirm.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2105 on: Today at 01:36:04 pm »
One thing I don't understand is how the likes of Grealish are back with City in USA while Gomez and Trent are not back with us. I believe Grealish was with the England squad, if someone can confirm.

He wasn't picked for England.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline fallenhd

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2106 on: Today at 01:36:31 pm »
This is probably the most telling about how we plan to setup. Looks like 4-2-3-1 confirmed. Will def give more control in MF and MAC will excel in the DLP role, ala Brighton. But we def need a new 6 also.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: Today at 01:40:37 pm »
I can confirm that he wasn't.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Legacy Fan
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #2108 on: Today at 02:04:28 pm »
I can confirm that he wasn't.

I can second that 🫡

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: Today at 02:35:41 pm »
His balloon supplier can confirm he wasn't there.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: Today at 02:49:04 pm »
He wasn't picked for England.

Good good,he can now concentate fully on his promising mayo mannequin career.

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #2111 on: Today at 04:12:14 pm »
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?