Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10
Man City are typical of our age. Not builders, but grifters looking to milk a sport built by others.
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 02:41:31 pm »
I'll put this here as I feel parcel deliveries cause a lot of hannoyance on Rawk

I've got something being shipped to my Mums in Liverpool, from Londonderry, via Parcelforce 'express 24' - does that actually mean 24 hour delivery? I'm very sceptical of this, the thing isn't showing any tracking updates yet. The fact it has to cross the Irish Sea doesn't help

Yes, its a next day service so she should get it when they say. The Parcelforce tracking service is pretty crap, it might even say on it there's no info until there's been an attempt to deliver it? (I've seen that recently when tracking a parcel coming to me).

They'll have loaded a trailer onto the ferry in Belfast, as soon as its been unloaded, which is quick, they'll send a unit to go get the trailer, he's likely to be dropping a trailer going the other way, then take that to the RDC they use.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 02:41:01 pm »
I have a strong feeling that the Ev will get a draw at the Emirates.
I actually think we have a good performing back 5. The issue is you cannot start a lone 6 two slow 8/10s in front (Mac and Harvey) with a forward line who don't know how to keep the ball. You will be exposed and run at.

Klopp has gambled with how he has set us up tactically for a lot of games this season and it only looks ugly now when the wheels have come off in attack. I honestly think we could sign a real DM this summer, play a lone 6 and two in-front and still struggle if we have the same personnel in attack who aren't good at ball retention and not very effective in attack either. Then the two in front of the 6 are ball playing midfielders and not runners like Gini and Hendo were. The likes of Mac and Harvey should be playing with more intelligent attackers.

There's a bit of an imbalance in the squad...and in my opinion the way to fix it is a tactical change (that Slot will bring) of two sitting and one attacking midfielder in front...and higher IQ attackers.

We need to be brave and accept that we shouldn't be changing around a manager's system to fit in a Mo for example. He isn't the right profile winger for Slot nor would he be an effect 9 or 10. We should absolutely be looking to move him along, with one of Diaz/Nunez (both if the offers were right but doubt the latter will be sold).

DM > RW > LW > CB > ST. That's the order of importance imo.

Very reasonable take. I agree that a DM is the #1 priority. That improves our defence immeasurably.

Selling Mo is also a good idea. His quickness is gone. Love the man, but every player has a best before date and this league demands greater physicality.

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 02:39:11 pm »
Question is would Edwards and Ward have comeback to the newer  roles if Jurgen was still here?

I know this multi role club ownership seems the way forward like the City Group etc.  But im not a fan of it.  Should be one owner one club.  So RB Salzburg going for 11 titles in a row(just read the Pep to them bit, hope he does well)  Are Austrian football fans happy with that model.
Neither Edwards or Ward are employed by Liverpool. So I suspect the answer is yes
The Boozer / Re: Biscuits
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 02:36:20 pm »

Talking of Biscoff biscuits, I've just had one of these, oh my..   :lickin

Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by rob1966 on Today at 02:36:11 pm »
It has been a wonderful 9 years (fucking hell that flew). Can't believe its 11 years since about 16 of us were at her brothers on CL night and everyone of us there wanted Dortmund to win. A few years later, I was the only one who still loved Klopp ;D

I remember saying on the old OnTheKop forum I didn't think we'd be able to attract his as manager, I almost pissed my kecks when I was told he'd accepted the job, like Rafa, I just loved watching his Dortmund team play football. Will miss the mad bastard
Richard Dunne was their captain and stephen Ireland their best player, before the money came in. Its all money, nothing but money.
They cheat and want applause for it
General Football and Sport / Re: Pro Cycling 2023
« Last post by Baby Huey on Today at 02:34:51 pm »
Doesn’t do much to the stage really. Such a crap place to put the stelvio. Looks like break will take it today
Yes, a break stage today. I doubt we'll see any real GC battles until the weekend.
The Boozer / Re: The small things in life that really hannoy
« Last post by Mumm-Ra on Today at 02:34:43 pm »
I'll put this here as I feel parcel deliveries cause a lot of hannoyance on Rawk

I've got something being shipped to my Mums in Liverpool, from Londonderry, via Parcelforce 'express 24' - does that actually mean 24 hour delivery? I'm very sceptical of this, the thing isn't showing any tracking updates yet. The fact it has to cross the Irish Sea doesn't help
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10