Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
We're a completly different as a club on and off the pitch to back then though.
Exactly. As when Joe succeeded Bob and then Kenny succeeded Joe, the incoming manager was expected to continue along the same path. Kenny also over the following 2 seasons imprinted his own style on the club with his own players, I expect the same will happen with Slot.
But the biggest lesson is the Sir Bob won nothing in his first season. He would've been forced out by the fans if he was managing today!
News and Current Affairs / Re: India - deteriorating?
« Last post by Bullet500 on Today at 06:38:28 pm »
Sikhs and Hindus have it a lot easier then Muslims in this country (once people realise they not Muslim).

Who exactly is this Hinduphobia supposed to come from?
This article will give an idea. https://theprint.in/opinion/indian-american-parents-have-a-new-task-teach-kids-to-recognise-hinduphobia-fight-it/2040961/

It's not just Indian RW who engage in this btw. Occasionally, you will see liberal folks like Shashi Tharoor being useful idiots.
This is it for me. On paper he scores every 2 games. But in reality he regularly goes months without scoring in the league.

People will say do the cups not count - if they did count as much, Minamino and Origi would still be here.

That is not true.  In the slightest.  His longest period without scoring this the 9 games (he started 7 of them) between Man City and Burnley - or about 7 weeks.  In those games he did get 2 assists.  Presumably you were on here when Jota went 13 games in 2021/22 without scoring (starting the same number 7, and getting 3 assists) calling that he goes "months without scoring" and to be sold? 
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by KC7 on Today at 06:37:37 pm »
I thought Roy brought in Poulsen for that job?
 ;D

That's Hodgson mate.   ;D

Edit: Ahhh so Hodgson shows up when you type W... gah.
It's really simple. The state of the squad (and club setup, facilities etc.) Slot is inheriting is markedly different from the shitshow that Klopp walked into, plus he has significantly less responsibility as head coach.

All this talk of "well he'll need a couple of seasons just to get his bearings, assess the squad, so we'd better be prepared for a reset meaning top 4 expectations are batshit crazy" is downplaying expectations and can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Nobody would be saying that if we were still on course some 4 points clear in the league and marching towards a final in Dublin.

He's not been hired to awake a sleeping giant or pull the club out of the shit, he's been hired to maintain success. That's the job. We can't afford another period of mediocrity.

You’re batshit crazy if you think we’ll be in the title mix next season! I fully expect us to regress back to pre-Klopp mediocrity and I’ve made peace with it to be honest.
And Utd, same for Chelsea are batshit all over the show behind the scenes.

We got our back office sorted first, then appointed a head coach who will work within that structure, that should allow for us to continue as we have, a well oiled machine.

Likewise the style of play not changing much I’d imagine Slot has already been given a dossier of top targets for each position from the super nerds, they will be the same list as last summer etc.

Yeah, I hope so. Looks like that's the way we've been going about things. All makes perfect sense :)
Was as much driven by Man Utd as it was by us. They haven't been targeted, though I guess being shite helps their case.

Being the PL's Golden Boys helps, don't forget Scudamore said the league needed a strong Man Utd
It's really simple. The state of the squad (and club setup, facilities etc.) Slot is inheriting is markedly different from the shitshow that Klopp walked into, plus he has significantly less responsibility as head coach.

All this talk of "well he'll need a couple of seasons just to get his bearings, assess the squad, so we'd better be prepared for a reset meaning top 4 expectations are batshit crazy" is downplaying expectations and can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Nobody would be saying that if we were still on course some 4 points clear in the league and marching towards a final in Dublin.

He's not been hired to awake a sleeping giant or pull the club out of the shit, he's been hired to maintain success. That's the job. We can't afford another period of mediocrity.

Exactly. As when Joe succeeded Bob and then Kenny succeeded Joe, the incoming manager was expected to continue along the same path. Kenny also over the following 2 seasons imprinted his own style on the club with his own players, I expect the same will happen with Slot.
Media and Arts / Re: Music Association Game
« Last post by Terry de Niro on Today at 06:31:30 pm »

"Bleed Like Me"  - Garbage
Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10