Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 175490 times)

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
we don't want wools from the wirral anyways.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Their info from inside the club would be we haven't contacted him yet. Although that's probably a complete guess.

Any other info would need to come from Pako himself so nothing to do with the club and their sources within it.

Why would they just regurgitate an interview? Seems they don't have a clue what's going on and are just running with the general rumours swirling about for click-bait.

Stuck the knife into Rodgers too early, it seems.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Gordon isn't running us. Ayre is running us, and has more of a football background than Gazidis. How's that working out for you?

Similarly Parry was an accountant then worked forming the PL. How did that one work out for you?

Gazidis has spent the last 21 years working for the MLS and Arsenal in fact almost all of his working life has been in professional football. Are you suggesting that sailor and satellite salesman Ayre trumps that. Ayre only got involved in football because his boss bought Huddersfield.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
I saw one poster ask what Pako was up to round about the same time someone else mentioned that they wouldn't mind see Sami Hyypia come back. The next day it was in the paper that Pako was about to rejoin us. Read into that what you will...

Offline Spraynard Kruger

• Wholeheartedly supports the cause but would stay seated in a walk-out protest cos, you know, it's so expensive to get to the game, so doesn't wholeheartedly support after all and misses the point completely. All in one sentence. Wow.
  • Legacy Fan
We have spent over £350 million over last 5 years. Only Chelsea (sugar daddy owner), Man City (sugar daddy owner), and Man United (second biggest revenue in the world, almost £200 million more per year than us) have spent more, and our spending is almost level with Man United. We have spent almost £100 million more than Arsenal during last five years. During Rodgers' tenure alone, we have spent more than £210 million on new players. The amount of money available has not been a problem during FSG's rule, but the way the money has been spent.

This is important - we are far from helpless. However, we're still not on equal footing on those clubs for two reasons. The willingness to pay absurd wages, and the ability to consistently offer Champions League. Arsenal has that latter card as well. Players like the security of massive wages, and the security that CL is a year-in, year-out thing. This means we're not competing at the same level of the market as those clubs, even if there appears to be the pure financial means.

The problem is we're not flexing our muscles throughout Europe over clubs we clearly can beat. Willian to Chelsea, Manchester United scooping up Ashley Young and Phil Jones, Arsenal getting Sanchez - its tough to compete when the minute they come in they can offer anything Liverpool can and more. But why aren't we looking to beat the non-Bayern German clubs to quality players, or the non Barca/Real clubs to players, or pretty much any quality player in Serie A that aren't playing for Juventus or Ligue 1 player not starring at PSG? We can't overestimate our market power, cry about it when a player goes elsewhere, and then settle for an EPL overpriced midtable talent.
"Sometimes you have to just chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is." - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
Don't disagree with most of the sentiment. Doesn't stop questions getting asked about motives and performance at the club. After the ownership issues we have had there is bound to be a more critical edge about how any owners are viewed. And whilst most people would concur that we need to do things differently to this season's top 4, the reality is we need do things BETTER. Better than we have in the past. Better than the opposition. Better than the competitors. And whilst patience should be awatchword it is pointless if we do not recognise that. Patience would not have helped when H&G or Hodgson, so it is not a catchall.

I agree with more or less all of this. The point I was trying to get across was that, whilst being patiently accepting of whatever the club does is indeed a shithouse stance, patience is a strength we are going to need to display all the same. I just don't think we have it in us to allow for a football team to grow, with all the two steps forward, one step back involved. I believe that will be the same whatever the regime and it will kill us - as I say, I think the issue is actually bigger than Rodgers alone.

You mention a more critical edge to the support and I'm all for that but the reactions of large sections of Liverpool fans to every single thing the club does is anything but critical. It is mostly hysterical, overly negative and agenda driven. That's displayed in the reactions towards Rodgers, new signings, every decision FSG make/ don't make, and even our current players (see the Hanging Judge crowd's reactions to Sterling since the transfer impasse at Christmas, Mignolet having his kicks jeered). It will be the same whatever the regime if there isn't instant and sustained success and, taking everything into consideration, I don't think instant success is likely.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
I saw one poster ask what Pako was up to round about the same time someone else mentioned that they wouldn't mind see Sami Hyypia come back. The next day it was in the paper that Pako was about to rejoin us. Read into that what you will...

Are we gonna find this RAWK ITK?
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Why would they just regurgitate an interview? Seems they don't have a clue what's going on and are just running with the general rumours swirling about for click-bait.

The Echo have never been much better than most others, so given they make money from people visiting the site and given they have this interview (which prob wasn't majorly popular when it was done originally) they spent little time regurgitating it for a big gain.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.

did you see that Pep fancies coming here.

( just seeing if it works) ;D
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
Quote from: pako
“We had some players who could play in any big team in Europe but we didn’t have enough of those players. You need 15 to 17 of that calibre.”

definitely wants to come to FSG's LFC then.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

did you see that Pep fancies coming here.

( just seeing if it works) ;D

:D

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
Edited for my opinion,
oh and Ayre is not working too well for me, but i have hated the guy for years, Should have been sacked after he got pissed and slagged off the manager of this club to a pub full of people  a few years back,  totally unprofessional.
I hate that bull and could never understand a person motives here only that he couldnt handle his drink . What was he actually slagging him off over.
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
He can no doubt be improved upon, but I don't think there is some glaringly obvious choice out there for doing so. If there is then I'd hope we'd move to do so.

My main issue is the claim Gordon won't do any good because he isn't a football guy. However I'm not entirely sure if that's a necessity as long as they are getting the advice from the right football people (which given Kenny is on the board, and we've been linked with getting advice from Dein and Barwick previously, is hopefully the case.)

Firstly if you think Kenny advised Gordon to sack Mike Marsh you must be on crack.

Secondly why would Dein who is an Arsenal nut and who still attends most games be advising us when we are probably Arsenal's closest rival for top 4.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan

I agree. Pearce was the catalyst for the 'turn' by the media, it seems there was a landslide by them once Pearce released that article.
Just how much he does actually get to know can be up for debate on here, but it looks like the rest of his peers think he has a decent line coming out of the club.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Firstly if you think Kenny advised Gordon to sack Mike Marsh you must be on crack.

Secondly why would Dein who is an Arsenal nut and who still attends most games be advising us when we are probably Arsenal's closest rival for top 4.

I didn't say Kenny advised it, I said he is no doubt there to give his advice.

As for Dein, he has been rumoured to of advised us previously.

Why would Broughton of come in as our Chairman as he's a Chelsea fan? Because they are professionals doing a job and getting paid well for doing so.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Christ, you talk so much nonsense it is tiring.

Aspas nor Coutinho were ever considered in the top handful of players in their league. Lallana was. He had an outstanding season with Southampton. His quality is not in doubt for mine. The stats more or less show it as well. He just needs to get on the pitch more.

Actually, Aspas was one of the best players in La Liga the year we signed him. He was often lauded for his ability to create for his team and it was often mentioned that he created more chances that season than both Messi and Ronaldo. He was outstanding that year. In the Premier League, he would probably cost £20 million. We got him for £7 million.

Again, as I said, there is no value in the Premier League except for cast offs from Chelsea and Man City where money doesn't really matter to them.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Because not everything is fucking aliens and tinfoil spaceships Al.. This is the real world where business talk to eachother. How the fuck you have scribe under your name, when the only thing you EVER write is hyperbole agenda driven drivel.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
I didn't say Kenny advised it, I said he is no doubt there to give his advice.

As for Dein, he has been rumoured to of advised us previously.

Why would Broughton of come in as our Chairman as he's a Chelsea fan? Because they are professionals doing a job and getting paid well for doing so.

As far as I can make out the Dein rumours came from a picture of him and Comolli together at a game in 2012 which isn't that surprising as Dein recruited Comolli as an Arsenal scout. There is also a rumour that Henry met Dein in 2010 apart from that there is nothing concrete certainly no indication whatsoever that Dein is on the payroll.

As for Broughton he was brought in to do a job which was to sell us. A cynic would say he sold us to owners who had no intention whatsoever of competing with Chelsea.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A cynic would say he sold us to owners who had no intention whatsoever of competing with Chelsea.

Like yourself ;)

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Because not everything is fucking aliens and tinfoil spaceships Al.. This is the real world where business talk to eachother. How the fuck you have scribe under your name, when the only thing you EVER write is hyperbole agenda driven drivel.

That is nonsense mate when Barca are in trouble do they ring someone up at Madrid and ask them for a bit of advice. All I have done is question whether the likes of Werner and Gordon have the football acumen to be running end of season reviews and making football decisions. Instead of addressing that we are getting unconfirmed suggestions that we have a group of blue chip imaginary advisers helping to make decisions.

The crux of the issue is that we are having another round of sackings and the same people who got it wrong last time will be will be appointing the new people.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

To be fair, you wanted David Dein to be involved in October 2010.  What would have been different then? After all he's still an Arsenal fan.

From the locked Red Sox Under the Ownership of NESV - Part I thread.

When David Dein's job with the FA 2018 committee finishes on the 2nd of December we should do everything in our power to try and bring him on board IMO.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
That is nonsense mate when Barca are in trouble do they ring someone up at Madrid and ask them for a bit of advice. All I have done is question whether the likes of Werner and Gordon have the football acumen to be running end of season reviews and making football decisions. Instead of addressing that we are getting unconfirmed suggestions that we have a group of blue chip imaginary advisers helping to make decisions.

You're getting fuck all 'reports' mate, I said rumoured and that's all it was.

I believe you've even said it yourself in the past that these people have advised us, so not sure why it's suddenly such an issue. Actually that's a lie, I know exactly why it's suddenly an issue for you - because it knocks another one of your complaints on the head.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
To be fair, you wanted David Dein to be involved in October 2010.  What would have been different then? After all he's still an Arsenal fan.

I would have Dein in a heartbeat but if he became our CEO then I would expect him to stop attending Arsenal games.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
You're getting fuck all 'reports' mate, I said rumoured and that's all it was.

I believe you've even said it yourself in the past that these people have advised us, so not sure why it's suddenly such an issue. Actually that's a lie, I know exactly why it's suddenly an issue for you - because it knocks another one of your complaints on the head.

My view has always been that you shouldn't be asking your rivals for advice. Quite simply unless you tell them everything then they haven't got enough information to help you and why would you want to give people who are not employed by the Club inside info.

We had rumours about Cruyff, Van Gaal, Dein, Barwick, Edelman, Parry and loads of others but nothing concrete. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The crux of the issue is that we are having another round of sackings and the same people who got it wrong last time will be will be appointing the new people.

How long has the current owners of Barca had that position? Surely when entering into a new field/industry the smart thing is it seek advice from the top men in said field? Build your knowledge by speaking to the men who have done it all etc.

FSG are our owners, get over it and stop polluting every thread with your anti-FSG agenda. They aren't going away anytime soon, they have their faults but they on the whole have taken us forward.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew

Some scary stalking there, I eanted a toffee crisp in 2007 you know?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
How long has the current owners of Barca had that position? Surely when entering into a new field/industry the smart thing is it seek advice from the top men in said field? Build your knowledge by speaking to the men who have done it all etc.

FSG are our owners, get over it and stop polluting every thread with your anti-FSG agenda. They aren't going away anytime soon, they have their faults but they on the whole have taken us forward.

You appoint the top people you don't act cheap and try and pick their brains for free because guess what smart people don't give away things they have taken a lifetime to learn. As for FSG yes they have taken us forward in a business perspective but they have to be held to account for their poor football decisions otherwise they will just keep tossing us scapegoats and we will get nowhere.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
I am not sure that is true though the biggest problem for me is the lack of joined up thinking. Take Lovren for instance if you want him to play his natural game then you need a defensively solid athlete outside him who will cover when he pushes on trying to win the ball. Clearly Rodgers wanted Bertrand to be that player unfortunately the TC bought Moreno instead who is the complete opposite of what we needed outside Lovren.

You don't often get complete footballers and the key is often to get players that compliment each other. Whilst a TC might get you good individuals it is unlikely to get you a joined up vision and players that compliment each other.
That is why I would rather have an experienced DoF who helps recruit the manager and then signs players who fit within the blueprint of the Club.

This is the difference, and has been mentioned earlier, between football, which is more fluid, and baseball where small, discreet movements depend upon a few factors.  This is a good point --- complementarity.  It not something that a group of analytics researchers are going to prioritize high on their research food chain.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
Does anyone else think that Rodgers may resign?

The club are now letting his coaches go...so the coaching team he put together is starting to fall from the wayside...leaving his credibility in tatters somewhat.

Rodgers is being undermined which will could be the undoing of him!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan

The club are now letting his coaches go...so the coaching team he put together is starting to fall from the wayside...leaving his credibility in tatters somewhat.

Rodgers probably agreed to these changes in order to keep his job, I doubt they were just sprung on him out of nowhere.

If Rodgers resigned, he'd be getting offers from clubs like Stoke and Swansea, not a club near our size
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline legendkiller

• Legacy Fan
  • Never get out of bed before noon
Yeah think Rogers is happy to get one last chance here at least and prove he is not a fraud etc. Think he is gonna come back next season like a man possessed and have tunnel vision to succeed like all successful managers , hell he might even tell Jose go F himself too .
" I asked for a sofa and they bought me a lamp ".

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan

if he resings he won't get paid...on the other hand FSG won't sack him because they are skint
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
Rodgers probably agreed to these changes in order to keep his job, I doubt they were just sprung on him out of nowhere.

If Rodgers resigned, he'd be getting offers from clubs like Stoke and Swansea, not a club near our size
yeah but he would get total control like he asked for and demanded in 2012. Will he get to pick his new coaching staff?
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
if he resings he won't get paid...on the other hand FSG won't sack him because they are skint

FSG are skint?! What new learning is this? You better tell their many many businesses as im pretty see they're unaware .....

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing

If he was going to resign he would have done it when FSG told him to sack his coaching team. Never the less BR wont come out of this looking good.
fit as a butchers dog!

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I'm wondering how he will react to the Sterling situation

He looked shite in the England game today (although I'm aware most did) and I generally think if we slap a big enough price tag on him we won't have any real interest

So he'll be stuck here. Will Rodgers continue to play him or let him rot on the bench?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If he was going to resign he would have done it when FSG told him to sack his coaching team. Never the less BR wont come out of this looking good.

It could go either way but I fully expect him to be fired up and doing his hardest to bring us success next season.

He'll want to prove a point.  Unlike many of the posters in here who would probably give up before they even started judging by negative BS they keep spouting.

Offline chopperchittar

• Legacy Fan
  • Fellas, I'm ready to get up and do my thing
It could go either way but I fully expect him to be fired up and doing his hardest to bring us success next season.He'll want to prove a point.  Unlike many of the posters in here who would probably give up before they even started judging by negative BS they keep spouting.

For the clubs sake lets hope your right!
fit as a butchers dog!

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
FSG are skint?! What new learning is this? You better tell their many many businesses as im pretty see they're unaware .....

not that literally skint... more like not ambitious enough to take some financially risks
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'm wondering how he will react to the Sterling situation

He looked shite in the England game today (although I'm aware most did) and I generally think if we slap a big enough price tag on him we won't have any real interest

So he'll be stuck here. Will Rodgers continue to play him or let him rot on the bench?
He is stuck here anyway unless we decide to sell. 30m or whatever it was claimed City are willing to pay isn't enough.

If he leaves us then he will get stick. He is just better of signing a contract and giving it anothe year at least.