Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
I’m surprised nobody has mentioned Adingra from Brighton, looks like a younger Mane in style, still a bit raw but has that explosiveness about him, I’m sure our scouts will be keeping an eye on him.

What do you guys think of Adingra

Why? Surely we'd rather see Arsenal win the title than 115?
If City wins, we'd get another club to feel the pain from the Cheats and understand what sportswashing actually does to "the best league in the world".

My heart wants Arsenal title, bu brain says - Cheats.
Media and Arts / Re: Eurovision 2024 (May 11th, semis on the 7th/9th)
« Last post by DonkeyWan on Today at 10:32:00 pm »
We’ll win it if the performance on the night is as good as it was there. Wasn’t the biggest fan of the song when I first heard it but it’s all about the spectacle, and on that front it’s the best we’ve ever put forward.

If it's Ireland you are talking about the song is so so, but holy shit that performance was incredible. Can't believe they weren't ahead of the Finnish manchild waving his knob at the crowd.
This sums up the position very neatly.

The more sensitive and contentious a topic is, the more carefully it needs to be moderated due to the significant scope for posters to post things that are misleading or offensive, either to other individual posters or to wide groups of people. At the same time, the more sensitive and contentious a topic is, the harder it is to moderate for the very same reasons. We like to think that everyone who goes into a thread like that will do so in a considered way, reflecting the sensitives of the subject matter and responding thoughtfully and carefully. But this is the internet, so that doesn't happen.

Ultimately the site is moderated by a small group of volunteers who cannot be expected to be instantly responsive to the reporting of posts - and that's when users actually report posts, rather than just engaging in tit-for-tat abuse. Due to the political and religious complexities, it's also expecting moderators to be on top of news and current events when they will invariably have numerous other commitments in their personal and professional lives. Again, it would be lovely if the site were self-moderating, but if people can't be civil about grown men or women kicking a football about for money, it seems hopeless to expect them to be civil about religious conflicts and humanitarian crises.

It's ultimately a shame, but as has been said elsewhere, there are plenty of places to discuss the conflict in Gaza if you want to do so. They may not be places you want to post or engage but that's a decision for you.
I used to be a site admin for a rugby forum, it was nowhere near as big as RAWK is but even on that there were issues with political threads being dragged off-topic that led to abuse etc.

The site used to get searches coming up that had nothing to do with rugby or sport of any kind and the owner found his internet marketing business was being affected.

One poster in particular was at the helm of most of the issues and in the end the owner, rather than banning him banned certain topics and eventually the site calmed down.

The vast majority of people here came here because they love Liverpool Football Club. Due to the club's history there will always be an element of politics, events and campaigns linked to the club, from Shanks to Hillsborough to Hicks and Gillette to Klopp and to many other things this club has been through but at the end of the day it's the football that draws us together.

Topics like Gaza have such widely opposing views that quickly deteriorate and for me have no part on this message board

On a completely unrelated note, I predicted we'd beat Barcelona 4-0 five years ago today.
That's one. When was the second time you were right, Mr. Broken Clock?  ;D

(Just yanking your chain.)

Well in Emre - captaining these to the final.

Couldn't be happier for the Qatari sportswashers!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10