Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’  (Read 47344 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #680 on: February 20, 2021, 08:37:01 pm »
He left Dortmund, if he thinks he can't make a difference he will leave. Its nothing to do with being a quitter more that he thinks he's not making a difference, he's an emotional person.

Agree, and that's the worrying thing for me. We're having a really hard time after more than three or even more years and we should always keep in mind what this team (and I literally mean this team, because those are almost exactly the same players we had when our success started) has achieved. I feel terrible in terms of our results in recent weeks, but on the other hand I also believe that we will get out of this. If even a single person at the clubs thinks of getting rid of Klopp they need to be booted out of the club themselves, but I don't really think anyone does that. What Klopp is thinking about all of this I'm not so sure. Not that I have seen or heard anything that worries me, but no one at Dortmund thought that he would leave when he did. He needs to be in it 100 percent and when he feels it's the end of the road for him, he'll draw the consequences. It's time the players and everyone at the club show him, that he is far from done and he has still places to go with this team.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: February 20, 2021, 08:38:28 pm »
How is penny pinching coming back to haunt us? We have 8 injuries.

We should have had a half decent center half lined up January 1, and have been working on it from the moment Gomez was injured, rather than scrapping around in lower leagues and relegation threatened bundeslegia clubs for half decent pros. We will not be competitive in the champions League, or the league, with the level of center half we've signed.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:01 pm »
Agree, and that's the worrying thing for me. We're having a really hard time after more than three or even more years and we should always keep in mind what this team (and I literally mean this team, because those are almost exactly the same players we had when our success started) has achieved. I feel terrible in terms of our results in recent weeks, but on the other hand I also believe that we will get out of this. If even a single person at the clubs thinks of getting rid of Klopp they need to be booted out of the club themselves, but I don't really think anyone does that. What Klopp is thinking about all of this I'm not so sure. Not that I have seen or heard anything that worries me, but no one at Dortmund thought that he would leave when he did. He needs to be in it 100 percent and when he feels it's the end of the road for him, he'll draw the consequences. It's time the players and everyone at the club show him, that he is far from done and he has still places to go with this team.

There is absolutely no way Klopp is leaving and you don’t need to be worried about that. Look at the quality of players we have, there is no way he is going to just leave and give up that chance of being successful again. Relax.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #684 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:09 pm »
I've binned off watching the Premier League live for a while now due to the VAR/refereeing shambles, but I relented today and got a stream on the internet.

Everton usually celebrate a corner at Anfield, so they'll be cockahoop tonight, but my god we made it so easy for them. We've conspired to make the likes of these shitbags, Burnley, West Brom and Brighton look great at Anfield recently. The sad thing is, once the Shite went one-up, I knew we wouldn't score. Honestly, it's like Groundhog Day at Anfield just now.

I don't care if I get given a few days off from the site for saying this, but it's been coming for a while now. Yes, we've been monumentally screwed over by bad luck, VAR and not only incompetent, but also corrupt referees.  Despite that, the players we have are more than good enough and capable enough to trouble the likes of this very ordinary Blueshite side, and the likes of West Brom, Brighton and Burnley.

With the above in mind, I'm now sick to death of us feeling sorry for ourselves. It's about time we grew a pair again and fought like Liverpool should always fight. I'm sick of weak capitulation to no-mark sides who just defend then pick us off.

We should have been simmering with quiet rage today. This shower of utter shite injured two of our best players earlier in the season, and we should have been well up for crushing these into the Anfield turf. What did we see? A weak, powder-puff display which lacked any intensity at all. We are letting shite teams walk into Anfield and waltz out again with results, and it's fucking unforgivable now.

Yes, the club have had unprecedented problems, but the way we are lying down at the moment just stinks the place out.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourselves, Liverpool. Get your fucking chins off the floor and fight like you care.

Maybe I'm in a small minority here, but I'm sick of the woe-is-me and the navel-gazing at the club at the moment.

We need to grow a backbone once more, because rolling over for every dogshit side that rolls into Anfield these days is simply not acceptable.

Yep.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #685 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:21 pm »
We should have had a half decent center half lined up January 1, and have been working on it from the moment Gomez was injured, rather than scrapping around in lower leagues and relegation threatened bundeslegia clubs for half decent pros. We will not be competitive in the champions League, or the league, with the level of center half we've signed.

Give the new lads a chance.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:25 pm »

We did penny pinch this Jan.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #687 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:31 pm »
I think the hand waving away of the situation is problematic.  Until we actually start playing well consistently all we have to go off of now is a consistency of a much lower standard.  11 league games now is a trend.  The relegation level form is probably not fair but is top 4 level form?  I'd say no.  Saying all the stars need to align again to compete at the top is a problem as what if the stars don't align? 

Offline Insole Petrol

• Main Stander
  • What we do in this life echoes in eternity
‘And you can sit there and play with your silly machines as much as you like...’

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:56 pm »
https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1363223739844943872?s=08

Fuck me :lmao

Thing is, they really wanted that win tonight,  we didn't show that same desire. That clip just sums up how much it meant.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 20, 2021, 08:39:57 pm »

Let them have it. They've seen us be incredible for 3 years, win the league and the Champions League. This is their Champions League.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #691 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:50 pm »
We did penny pinch this Jan.

Potentially we should have acted sooner but it was a stale market.

And no one knows if we didn’t try before.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #692 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:50 pm »
Everyone is beating us, Everton just one of a long line. Season to forget with Penny Pinching for two years coming back to haunt us.. Free transfers and cheap players, footballers are like carpets, you get what you pay for. Our best squad player is 35yrs old for Christ sake..
I agree with this. What I don't understand, is where our mentality has gone. Like we just seem to lack that desire, hunger, relentlessness that was there in 2018-2019. Even if the players aren't up to standard, kinda still wish they'd give their all at least. Today's mentality was a sharp contrast to the Barca semi final home leg, of which we had a weakened team back then too.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:53 pm »

The thing is we can call them sad or whatever but they just completely had us off. We've been so poor at home, and I as much as most expected a similar result, to be proved right after 3 fuckin minutes was atrocious however.

We do need a plan B though. The 433 isn't working, why not try something different, the league's gone, were not likely for top 4. I'm not over reacting, we've just fell off a cliff this year (reasons or not)

I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:20 pm »
Only positive was Allison looking assured on the ball and with his kicking again.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:26 pm »
No fight in this team today. The only one who shown any fight went off injured.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #696 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:26 pm »

Five of those injuries have been to players playing centre back. Matip, Fabinho and Hendo were all injured after being rushed back and overplayed because we went in to the season with only 3 centre backs. A season that started with no-pre season and the heaviest schedule ever. Add in COVID and it was frankly ridiculous to start with 3 centre backs especially as Matip was injured at the start of the season.

Then we failed to bring in centre backs at the start of January which has led to Fabinho and Hendo getting injured.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #697 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:52 pm »
They did fuck all up until the 'penalty'.

We weren't great but don't create a narrative.

You’re making the mistake of thinking that because we had the ball, we did alright. He isn’t “creating a narrative” he’s describing what he watched.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #698 on: February 20, 2021, 08:42:00 pm »
But the same people saying ‘sign anyone’ are now saying Kabak isn’t good enough.

The problem is, when people were calling for a CB, it was on the understanding they would be beside Matip. When it turned out (after the players were signed) that Matip was out for the season and Fabino injured it looked incredibly short-sighted to bring in a raw centreback. Had news of Matip's season ending injury been widely known before the transfers, then  people would have urgently called for a good CB, not a potentially good one.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #699 on: February 20, 2021, 08:42:07 pm »
This. So many times I kept saying during the game, pass the ball forward, play more risky passes to attack even if it means we lose possession. Too many sideways and backwards passes.

Are we scared to take risks because of a makeshift defence and fear of losing possession.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: February 20, 2021, 08:42:24 pm »

Like watching a bunch of mentally challenged cavemen who’ve learnt to make fire.  Can even see a T Rex in the background ready to pounce on em

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: February 20, 2021, 08:42:54 pm »
So you admit that they scored more goals than us whilst also having had the clearest chances but yet still didn't deserve to win? What?

I think the game was pretty tight. Ultimately decided on the first goal a few minutes in. I'm not saying everything is just down to bad luck, but we opened Everton up a few times. There have been plenty of derbys we have had less of a look on goal than we did today. We had 16 shots and I wouldn't say we were having pot shots or anything. 16 shots feels like a lot for a derby? Although yes they had their fair share too.

The result determines everything and we can't keep blaming bad luck but I wouldn't say Everton were in control like Carra said at all. When we had that period of pressure in the second, I honestly felt it was inevitable we'd score as it seemed close. Salah getting free a few occasions, Trent getting in great positions. Last ditch tackle on Mane. Then we lost our way and couldn't really get going and ref puts it to bed
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:45:12 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #702 on: February 20, 2021, 08:43:18 pm »

I suspect when we sold Lovern and started the season with 3 centre backs, 2 of which are hugely injury prone.  Then we decided not to invest in a centre bank, until VVD, Gomez, and Matip were ruled out for the season - at which point we got a loan on a 20 year old lad from a team that has been shipping more goals than a harbour and expected his young shoulders to make up the difference.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: February 20, 2021, 08:43:25 pm »
Potentially we should have acted sooner but it was a stale market.

And no one knows if we didn’t try before.

We do know that we didn’t try. It was Matip’s injury that changes the clubs approach.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: February 20, 2021, 08:43:47 pm »
Give the new lads a chance.

I think kabak has been given an impossible task to come in and help fix this side, but signing a 20 year old and what is essentially a lower league journeyman in Davies on 31 January was simply not good enough for a club like Liverpool. We gambled the second half of the season on the decision not to bring someone in on 1 Jan. It cost us in January, it's cost us this month. I hope he comes good, of course I do, but we penny pinched in January and it looked a mistake then and looks a bigger one now.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #705 on: February 20, 2021, 08:44:10 pm »
Five of those injuries have been to players playing centre back. Matip, Fabinho and Hendo were all injured after being rushed back and overplayed because we went in to the season with only 3 centre backs. A season that started with no-pre season and the heaviest schedule ever. Add in COVID and it was frankly ridiculous to start with 3 centre backs especially as Matip was injured at the start of the season.

Then we failed to bring in centre backs at the start of January which has led to Fabinho and Hendo getting injured.

We had four CBs.

Fab was the fourth choice and that’s why we signed Thiago.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: February 20, 2021, 08:46:05 pm »
We had four CBs.

The summer was fine, it was a educated gamble. But the decisions we made in Jan was dog shit.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: February 20, 2021, 08:46:24 pm »
We’re all hurting Steve. Good on you for the apology - I too will apologise for calling you blind and/stupid🤐 Fact is, overreaction is inevitable given the circumstances. YNWA👍

...and, to be fair, although my eyesight is flawless, I AM stupid!  ;D

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #708 on: February 20, 2021, 08:47:39 pm »
This is their European cup Winners moment.  :lmao

Saddos.  :wave

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #709 on: February 20, 2021, 08:47:51 pm »
The summer was fine, it was a educated gamble. But the decisions we made in Jan was dog shit.

But reports suggest we tried to sign players sooner.

I agree we should of had a CB ready to come in on Jan 1st but it is not that easy in a pandemic.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #710 on: February 20, 2021, 08:48:03 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what Jones brings to the team? He's not that quick, doesn't score, doesn't assist, isn't the best tackler. I know he's young, but I just don't get the hype at all.

As a Scouser in a Merseyside derby, he was diabolical today.

For me our next 5 games should involve:

Mane being dropped for Shaqiri / Jota (when fit)
Bobby being dropped for Origi
Trent being dropped for Williams
Jones being dropped for Keita/Ox
Robbo being rested for Tsimikas

Davies & Kabak start 5 games on a row together.

We're not getting anything with this team at the moment. We need to mix it up and give the other lads a good run in the team.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: February 20, 2021, 08:48:35 pm »
But reports suggest we tried to sign players sooner.

I agree we should of had a CB ready to come in on Jan 1st but it is not that easy in a pandemic.

Really? What reports were those then?

We sparked into action straight away after the Matip injury.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #712 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:32 pm »
Am I the only one who doesn't understand what Jones brings to the team? He's not that quick, doesn't score, doesn't assist, isn't the best tackler. I know he's young, but I just don't get the hype at all.

We're not getting anything with this team at the moment. We need to mix it up and give the other lads a good run in the team.

Jones was our best player midweek.

Drop all the players and play the U23s.

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
« Reply #713 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:34 pm »
The fact that we were doing so well just before Christmas took away the urgency of signing a decent CB. And who was available and affordable? I agree that we should have had a CB lined up for 1 January given the injuries, even if that was Kabak who has long been on the radar. Getting him sooner might have helped...

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: February 20, 2021, 08:49:47 pm »
I mean he's literally said himself that he's okay and not even thought about it and is going nowhere.
that's great but ... what else would he say?
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: February 20, 2021, 08:50:10 pm »
I think kabak has been given an impossible task to come in and help fix this side, but signing a 20 year old and what is essentially a lower league journeyman in Davies on 31 January was simply not good enough for a club like Liverpool. We gambled the second half of the season on the decision not to bring someone in on 1 Jan. It cost us in January, it's cost us this month. I hope he comes good, of course I do, but we penny pinched in January and it looked a mistake then and looks a bigger one now.
I really don’t understand the Ben Davies thing because for the last few years he’s been one of Preston’s best players and has certainly not been a journeyman for them during this period, he’s been a mainstay.

Obviously Klopp has held him back for whatever reason but i hope he plays him soon, i can’t believe we have a lot better at the moment so give the guy a chance

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: February 20, 2021, 08:50:12 pm »
Matip and Gomez don't have the best injury records, you know that Hendo will be out for periods, Naby spends more time injured than not, Ox has  had injury problems. These injuries shouldn't come as a massive surprise when you factor in the intensity we've seen from this team.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #717 on: February 20, 2021, 08:51:14 pm »
1995, that's all I'm saying. The fireworks going off was especially amusing - we maybe should remind them of the hundreds of thousands who lined the streets when we won the CL a couple of seasons ago, oh and the small thing called winning the league last year. Come back when you've won something you fucking nomarks, until then get back in your caves :wave

And to the rest of us, we're in touching distance of the top four so don't write the lads off just yet. Our rivals are drooping points as well, so it is definitely not over. But we need more anger on the pitch. Enough of the pretty stuff, it's getting us nowhere. This needs to be the bottom of the barrel tonight, and it's time to climb the fuck out of it.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #718 on: February 20, 2021, 08:51:18 pm »

He's a little inconsistent, like many 20 year old lads. I've seen enough to know he will be quality. Also, it's hard to shine in this clusterfuck. Having to play far more thea he should.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a £1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #719 on: February 20, 2021, 08:51:31 pm »
We had four CBs.

Fabinho is a first choice player, he isn't a squad player who can come in as 4th choice centre back. It would be like saying Salah and Mane are backup central strikers.
"Ohhh-kayyy"