Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’  (Read 47421 times)

Offline rkgriffin

• Anny Roader
Re: PL: Liverpool 0 vs 2 Everton Richarlison ‘3 Sighurdson pen. 93’
« Reply #640 on: February 20, 2021, 08:24:57 pm »
Thought we really missed Hendo and Milner in midfiled. Thiago is all style no substance at the min. Maybe hell come good but for now hes no good enough.
He was brought in to play with Henderson and Fabinho. All of our midfielders look like shot right now.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #641 on: February 20, 2021, 08:24:58 pm »
If this form continues, I’m worried Mbappé will change his mind about coming here.

Killian is not tall enough to reach the crosses, mate.
We need Andy Carrol. 2nd chance.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #642 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:10 pm »
I don't know anyone that would say that they didn't deserve 3 points. We had 70% possession and yet they had the same amount of shots on target as us.

Apart from a 10 minute spell at the start of the 2nd half, there want any part of me that thought we'd get anything out of the game.

There was no desire, fight, intensity, hunger, aggression to our play at all.

We were the home team - they were happy to let us have the ball.

I think they convincingly beat us, yes.

They did fuck all up until the 'penalty'.

We weren't great but don't create a narrative.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #643 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:14 pm »
Dull and uninspiring for the most part. A lot of focus on the penalty, but I doubt we'd have scored if it wasn't given.

Not missed a game out of free will for years, but it's hard work at the moment this.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #644 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:14 pm »
Who the heck said sign anyone?

Lots of people said exactly that. There were even people suggesting we signed Ashley Williams.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #645 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:14 pm »
Know the one that Bayern just bought for 40 mil was. What's funny tho is that FSG's "saving up on that", and likely missing out on the Champions league is gonna cost us like 60 million instead lol.

Caleta Carr, Per Schuur, Botman among others too. Any 20-25 mil center back would have been decent. Pay 2 million, get what you pay for in Kabak.
Wasnt Kabak quoted at 30m and 2m is just the loan fee?

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:33 pm »
Lame excuses. No plan B. Blaming this poor run of form on injuries, even if there is a kernel of truth in that, is misleading. Klopp has no plan B. We are the easiest team in the league to play against. It doesn’t make us bad, and when it works we are brilliant, but with a few injuries and a lack of confidence we are dreadful.
PaddyPaned.     Soon to become PaddyBanned

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #647 on: February 20, 2021, 08:26:26 pm »
The tippy tappy play in midfield has become so so boring and predictable. Our game plan at the moment is pass it around midfield/defense around 20 times, get the ball to Trent and have him fire in a cross with the hope that we somehow make something of it. And 9 out of 10 times we don't.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #648 on: February 20, 2021, 08:26:55 pm »
I've no idea what game you were watching if you thought we were the better side. We were a point blank save away by Alisson from being 2-0 down in the first half. Salah had a great chance but other than that we created nothing. They scored a goal and created two other really good chances. Admittedly the third of those chances shouldn't have resulted in a goal (the penalty situation), but it still required a very good save by Alisson and it should have been finished the first time around. It truly is awful and I'd love to know what kind of rose tinted specs you have on if you can't see that.

I know what I saw, so please don’t patronise me. I stand by every word of that post. We have no established centrebacks, and despite that, Klopp (rightly in my view) refuses to relinquish his principles. So we go a goal down, and have to chase the game. Everton happily revert to a gameplan used successfully by other recent Anfield visitors, and they defend with a mixture of tenacity and luck.

Our slow centrebacks notwithstanding, we dominated the first 20 minutes of the second half, but given we were literally down to bare bones, it was always a risk we would be punished on the break.

I despair of posters who create a whole post match narrative based on the result, or clear cut chances, and fail to acknowledge the fine margins. Did Everton have the clearest chances? Of course they fucking did! Does that mean we were ‘awful’ and they were deserving winners? Does it fuck.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #649 on: February 20, 2021, 08:26:59 pm »
A question. Has Jurgen spoke?
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #650 on: February 20, 2021, 08:27:11 pm »
Know the one that Bayern just bought for 40 mil was. What's funny tho is that FSG's "saving up on that", and likely missing out on the Champions league is gonna cost us like 60 million instead lol.

Caleta Carr, Per Schuur, Botman among others too. Any 20-25 mil center back would have been decent. Pay 2 million, get what you pay for in Kabak.

The same defender who was appalling against us in midweek?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: February 20, 2021, 08:27:14 pm »
The tippy tappy play in midfield has become so so boring and predictable. Our game plan at the moment is pass it around midfield/defense around 20 times, get the ball to Trent and have him fire in a cross with the hope that we somehow make something of it. And 9 out of 10 times we don't.

Trent was our only good player. He was the only one giving us any creativity.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: February 20, 2021, 08:27:41 pm »
I'd be fine with sending out the kids for every single prem game until the end of the season now as a giant fuck you to what's going on.. I don't want europa league next season.

Go all out for champions league.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: February 20, 2021, 08:27:45 pm »
Oh they did, we could have gone another 90 minutes and not scored.
The only spell we had is for the first half of the second half; Jones (then Shaqiri) went wide left in possession, Mane came inside and provided a goal threat and we manufactured a few half chances. Shaqiri did okay, but we were running out of energy (and ideas) by 65-70 minutes anyway.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: February 20, 2021, 08:28:00 pm »
Have to say, Kabak doesn't look much good. Thiago again not at the races. People will complain about the penalty, but Liverpool hardly threatened.

The only silver lining here was it was a good time to lose to Everton (pandemic, unprecedented injury crisis, congested fixtures, bad form).

Spot on, all of this. Thiago has been an incredible disappointment. And I feel for kabak but I'd have started Phillips over him every time, and now ironically enough we have to start Phillips anyway.

It's next level shite all this. History making dogshit. Let's hope it changes asap
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #655 on: February 20, 2021, 08:28:06 pm »
Nick we were garbage. Deserved everything we got today.

4 defeats in a row at home.

1st defeat at home against Everton since 1995....

The entire team should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

No intensity. No passion. No fight. No aggression.

Do they not remember what these c*nts did to us earlier this season?! What they did to VVD? What the did to Thiago?

We are completely gutless & i'm sick to death of hearing excuses.

I’m sick of them aswell mate

But the fact is they exist and are bona fide excuses
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #656 on: February 20, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »
Klopp is amazing and always will be - current poor results is not on him - injuries and some players hitting the point of needing to be moved on.

He knows what he needs to do and if FSG decide to back him beyond just a zero net spend he will have us back at the top next season.

My concern is if we don’t finish in the top 4 we’ll hear more BS from FSG on falling revenues and why Klopp has to take on the resources of Man City with a chocolate bar and a £20 gift voucher.

Offline Insole Petrol

• Main Stander
  • What we do in this life echoes in eternity
« Reply #657 on: February 20, 2021, 08:28:50 pm »
I think this is a fair observation - his time will come, but it’s not yet. Agreeing with the majority of the comments here, the bigger risk is Klopp walking. The way he’s treated in the media is a disgrace, Jenas can f*ck off with his nonsense articles/commentary and all.

Back the lads, we’ll come through this.

He'd provide more spark in our midfield. Long shots would still be potent.

As a manager tho, no. Lots of the decisions have been stupid from the top (FSG), like not wanting to buy a defender until Matip got injured. Or not wanting to strengthen the squad depth at the top, which would have resulted in us having less injuries to first team players like Fabinho or Henderson this season.
‘And you can sit there and play with your silly machines as much as you like...’

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #658 on: February 20, 2021, 08:28:58 pm »
He is not going to walk away, he's not a quitter.
He left Dortmund, if he thinks he can't make a difference he will leave. Its nothing to do with being a quitter more that he thinks he's not making a difference, he's an emotional person.
Losing his mum and not being able to visit Home all stirs the pot.

I'm sure your right but it still worries me if this carries on.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:33:33 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #659 on: February 20, 2021, 08:29:05 pm »
A question. Has Jurgen spoke?

He's still speechless after the penalty decision...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #660 on: February 20, 2021, 08:29:22 pm »
The one who was absolute shite against us on Tuesday?
Was he? First goal was a separate defender's fault (can't remember his name but he was subbed off). Second goal was Mukiele's fault. What really impressed me was when Mane scored, his (Upamecano's) speed in racing back to catch up to Mane. Something we really need due to our high line (and don't have with Kabak), speed.

Today's first goal wouldn't have been conceded if it was Upamecano, because he would have caught up to Calvert-Lewin. He's not the highest rated center back in Europe for no reason.

Online Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: February 20, 2021, 08:29:39 pm »
Also why don’t they show the ref the right replay of a key incident ffs.

They didn’t get much of a chance. They’d barely cued up the first clip before he was skipping back onto the field pointing to the spot and high fiving the Everton players.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #662 on: February 20, 2021, 08:29:39 pm »
Trent was our only good player. He was the only one giving us any creativity.

Yeah he was ok today.

Overall, it was a shit game by both teams. But they took an early chance, and we huffed and puffed basically, and the fact they got the early goal meant they could spend the rest of the game fouling and time wasting.

It was just a dreadful game of football, by the 2nd I was half watching and watching the hockey instead  :-[ So I may have missed stuff.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:09 pm »

He’s spoken and hasn’t given much weight to the penalty, which says its all about how shite our performance is atm.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:43 pm »
The last thing we need right now is rushing players back. We did that with Matip and with Fabinho. This season is in the toilet, let’s not get players injured out of desperation.

It'll make no difference with Naby, he's made of glass.

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #665 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:48 pm »
This. So many times I kept saying during the game, pass the ball forward, play more risky passes to attack even if it means we lose possession. Too many sideways and backwards passes.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:51 pm »
Drink some beer and watch something distracting. Stay off the internet. That's what I'm about to do now.

Just want to point out that we have Klopp and he's irreplaceable. Current problems are transient.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #667 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:59 pm »
That was a “standard” game against us. Wait for us to be sloppy then take your chance. Sit back and watch us play aimless, toothless football. Hit us on the break and the ref will give you a penalty.

The sad thing is that almost every match we play will be like this. Teams will let us have the ball and because we are so high up the pitch then they’ll have a 1 on 1 against a CH that they know they can out-sprint.

The funny thing is that if the roles were reversed then I’d see Mane or Salah scoring. As sick as this makes me, maybe we need to sit back and play long balls over the top as almost all the goals that we concede are when we have pushed up.
#JFT97

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #668 on: February 20, 2021, 08:32:49 pm »
He left Dortmund, if he thinks he can't make a difference he will leave. Its nothing to do with being a quitter more that he isn't making a difference, he's an emotional person.

yeah, the ‘not a quitter’ shout doesn’t really fly. Cos he clearly ins’t a quitter, he’s had to work so hard for everything in his career.

He’s chosen to leave his other 2 clubs for very specific reasons.

I don’t believe he’s done yet with Liverpool, everything that’s gone on the last year with covid, lockdowns, condensed season, and of course personally for him will have made it the toughest year to deal with though. That’s for sure.

Online Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 20, 2021, 08:33:01 pm »
Everyone is beating us, Everton just one of a long line. Season to forget with Penny Pinching for two years coming back to haunt us.. Free transfers and cheap players, footballers are like carpets, you get what you pay for. Our best squad player is 35yrs old for Christ sake..

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #670 on: February 20, 2021, 08:34:00 pm »
I know what I saw, so please don’t patronise me. I stand by every word of that post. We have no established centrebacks, and despite that, Klopp (rightly in my view) refuses to relinquish his principles. So we go a goal down, and have to chase the game. Everton happily revert to a gameplan used successfully by other recent Anfield visitors, and they defend with a mixture of tenacity and luck.

Our slow centrebacks notwithstanding, we dominated the first 20 minutes of the second half, but given we were literally down to bare bones, it was always a risk we would be punished on the break.

I despair of posters who create a whole post match narrative based on the result, or clear cut chances, and fail to acknowledge the fine margins. Did Everton have the clearest chances? Of course they fucking did! Does that mean we were ‘awful’ and they were deserving winners? Does it fuck.

So you admit that they scored more goals than us whilst also having had the clearest chances but yet still didn't deserve to win? What?

Offline Batukop

• needy little fucker
  • Anny Roader
  • Pure Shores
« Reply #671 on: February 20, 2021, 08:34:19 pm »
It wasn't great. Obviously appalling officiating doesn't help. Ridiculous amount of injuries, no Virgil/Gomez/Matip/Fabinho/now Henderson. No crowd to cheer us on. Hangover from a few amazinhgly successful years. Just have to keep believing. There's no other option. The phoenix will rise again. Never doubt this bastion.
"You may have found me mean and thirsty in my search for trophies, but the bad news is the man who is taking my place is hungrier than me. Fagan's the name and I don't think he'll need any help from the Artful Dodger!" Bob Paisley on Joe Fagan.

Shear me. Shear my ass. Make me naked.

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #672 on: February 20, 2021, 08:34:29 pm »
All things aside, if you had no idea of who the players were, when you look at Phillips you naturally assume he is a central defender as he looks like one...Kabak looks more like a midfield player, he doesn’t seem to have the height or presence to be a central defender. Let’s see how he gets on with age as not fair to assess him in this shit storm and it is far too early...just worries me that we lack height...

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #673 on: February 20, 2021, 08:35:34 pm »
As am I.
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #674 on: February 20, 2021, 08:35:44 pm »
Everyone is beating us, Everton just one of a long line. Season to forget with Penny Pinching for two years coming back to haunt us.. Free transfers and cheap players, footballers are like carpets, you get what you pay for. Our best squad player is 35yrs old for Christ sake..

How is penny pinching coming back to haunt us? We have 8 injuries.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #675 on: February 20, 2021, 08:35:57 pm »
why dont our midfielders  ( and forwards ) shoot ? - first half with such a strong wind behind we should have been shooting at every opportunity  when we got 20 yards from goal

we had a couple of efforts from hendo  & trent but that was about it

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: February 20, 2021, 08:36:04 pm »
yeah, the ‘not a quitter’ shout doesn’t really fly. Cos he clearly ins’t a quitter, he’s had to work so hard for everything in his career.

He’s chosen to leave his other 2 clubs for very specific reasons.

I don’t believe he’s done yet with Liverpool, everything that’s gone on the last year with covid, lockdowns, condensed season, and of course personally for him will have made it the toughest year to deal with though. That’s for sure.
Sure your right, but there is a lot going on so I have a worry in the back of my mind.

Offline Gray Hamster

• Not bong eyed but quite fond of little furry things.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: February 20, 2021, 08:36:17 pm »
What’s interesting is seeing us going through incredible times and really poor times with a group of players.

You can see the importance and influence that certain players have to our team when they’re injured, or played out of position, as the standards really drop off.   

Mind you “The whole is greater than the sum  of it’s parts” should still be relevant.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: February 20, 2021, 08:36:18 pm »
That was a “standard” game against us. Wait for us to be sloppy then take your chance. Sit back and watch us play aimless, toothless football. Hit us on the break and the ref will give you a penalty.

The sad thing is that almost every match we play will be like this. Teams will let us have the ball and because we are so high up the pitch then they’ll have a 1 on 1 against a CH that they know they can out-sprint.

The funny thing is that if the roles were reversed then I’d see Mane or Salah scoring. As sick as this makes me, maybe we need to sit back and play long balls over the top as almost all the goals that we concede are when we have pushed up.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever would make me sick in terms of winning football matches between now and the end of the season. Play like 2009 Stoke if you like, just stop fucking losing football games, maybe even try and win some.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan