Author Topic: YOU control Merseyside, what do you do?  (Read 8428 times)

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
YOU control Merseyside, what do you do?
« on: April 5, 2016, 10:18:48 pm »
So you've been placed in charge of Merseyside (think being Fat Joe but with more... logic in your decisions) and you have the ability to change previous decisions back into history, halt current plans, bring forward others, demolish whatever you want (regardless of listed buildings) and move buildings from one place to another...

...what do you do and why?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: YOU control Merseyside, what do you do?
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2016, 10:21:44 pm »
Move Goodison to wigan or runcorn.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2016, 10:30:21 pm »
Not destroy The Cavern for a start, but then the council have basically repeated that action for the past 40 years.

"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2016, 10:46:01 pm »
I'd have built the Mersey barrage years ago , sustainable electricity , tourist attraction and a river crossing rolled into one

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2016, 11:44:02 pm »
Build an elevated monorail from Speke into the City via the shoreline, a sort of modern day Overhead.

Reinstate the outer loop line rather like the Metro in Newcastle, and also get Stanley Park connected via a shuttle rail link to the City centre.

Reduce business rates by 50% to encourage small shops.

For manufacturing startups, have business rates at between 10%-50% for the first year dependant on the number of employees.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 6, 2016, 01:49:47 am »
Build a tunnel to Dublin so I could walk from my gaff to Vladivostok.

Offline Bootle

• Legacy Fan
  • Prove that we live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: April 6, 2016, 02:34:14 am »
A South Parkway-type hub in North Liverpool, somewhere around Switch Island. Re-instating many of the disused rail lines that criss-cross Bootle, Walton etc for light rail commuter use and heavy goods to the new docks in Seaforth. A big fuck off tunnel from Switch Island to Seaforth deep water port. Extend the underground to up by the Royal, Chinatown and the Baltic.

Not knock down the Cavern (I go through the Pier Head quite a bit and every single time I go through there's people taking pics of the new statue). In fact, I'd do something similar to the Lambanana's and have 'appropriate' statues of the Beatles scattered around the city connecting the locations to the time-period the Beatles were in at the time. Cavern-era statues of them walking towards the, well, Cavern, Jacaranda etc. Penny Lane era ones in that area, Strawberry Fields trippy ones. One round the Town Hall mimicking the appearance on the Balcony- you get the drift.

Promotion of an independent shops shopping 'quarter' (as seems the fashion), with cheap rents to promote growth, probably in an area like London Road. That area in particular needs something going on.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2016, 02:40:33 am by Bootle »

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #7 on: April 6, 2016, 03:55:55 am »
Buy ten thousand Beatle wigs and turn us into Lennonpool then?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2016, 04:01:56 am »
Build a giant red light and shine it straight on Goodison.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2016, 06:06:30 am »
Fuck off building student flats everywhere. Or at least make them look half decent. And not fuck off decent locations for them like the kazamier.  Also bin off one park west. Ugly building when it was built and looking worse and worse by the year for me.  And get better rail links around the city.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2016, 08:23:55 am »
Build proper bogs in south parkway , stupid over sight that. Fucking ridiculous. Some sort of proper rail link direct to the airport from the centre of town . More investment in north Liverpool past the docks . A golf course where the festival site was 😄 . Ensure hs2 comes to Liverpool . Build a huge modern tower and knock down that city tower. Or at least modernise that too. As someone's said get rid on Liverpool one flats they look shite and a throw back to the 60s . build a new bridge across the Mersey closer to the city itself. An iconic eye catching design. ban any bar/shitty club from having bellends outside trying to get you in for free shots. It's not fucking Ibiza . Have the echo arena do a monthly cream night 😄 That'll do me for now .
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2016, 10:05:22 am »
Close the mersey tunnels,one big fucking scam they are.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2016, 10:06:45 am »
Invest some money into the north of Liverpool.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2016, 10:30:05 am »
The Mersey Tunnels should be free, or at least cheaper - they've paid for themselves by now, surely.

Re-open some old stations - particularly thinking of St. James Station (I think) near the Cains Brewery now the Baltic Quarter is so well used.

No more student flats, or blocks of flats generally until existing ones are actually full or being used.

Make the walking route from town to Anfield better somehow, sick of taking my life into my hands crossing the tunnel entrance roads. Invest a bit in North Liverpool to spruce it up, looks in need of a little loving.

Do something with the unused land around the Festival Gardens. Heard talk of the FA building a centre somewhere by Otterspool Park - don't take away parkland, put it on disused scrubland, there's enough of it.

For god's sake, fix some of the roads - huge holes everywhere, Crown Street, Princes Avenue, just re-tarmac loads of them, it's shocking.

Stop libraries from losing any more buildings, freeze or increase their opening hours.

get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2016, 07:57:56 pm »
From the past.... kept trams, kept the overhead too. Not demolished all those terraced streets.

Now....turn one Mersey tunnel into a cycling/pedestrian tunnel so you can cross the river.  Turn one of the docks into an outside pool.

Leave the festival gardens, they're fine the way they are ;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2016, 08:27:36 pm »
Now....turn one Mersey tunnel into a cycling/pedestrian tunnel so you can cross the river.  Turn one of the docks into an outside pool.

Love the sound of that.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2016, 08:53:56 pm »
Release an airborne virus called ketwigpox, basically identifies all the ketwig 110 berghface wearing arseholes and eliminates them.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »
Drown the first born of every Evertonian.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #18 on: April 7, 2016, 10:57:51 am »
Giant Funfair in Allerton with free rides for Liverpool fans and free toffee apples for Liverpool fans too (Just to wind Evertonians up)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 8, 2016, 04:44:41 pm »
Ensure hs2 comes to Liverpool .

If it ever happens can't see it coming to anywhere near Liverpool

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 05:44:55 pm »
Build an elevated monorail from Speke into the City via the shoreline, a sort of modern day Overhead.

It certainly put Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook on the map.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 06:20:43 pm »
It certainly put Brockway, Ogdenville and North Haverbrook on the map.

Is there a chance the track could bend?
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2016, 08:57:05 am »
Is there a chance the track could bend?

Not on your life, my Hindu friend!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2016, 11:57:40 pm »
What about us brain-dead slobs?
#Sausages

Offline gregor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 08:58:06 am »
What about us brain-dead slobs?

You'll be given cushy jobs!

Offline Benitude

• Main Stander
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 09:09:52 am »
Were you sent here by the devil?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 12:09:56 pm »
No, good sir, I'm on the level.
#Sausages

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 01:47:04 pm »
 :wellin :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »
Invest in the cycle network, away from the roads. So tarmac the Cheshire Lines rather than muddy gravel, open up any old pathways/lines that could be used, perhaps try and have a separate path adjacent to canal toe paths etc, creating a bit of a network around the city, and hopefully the majority of the way into town. Would give people the option to commute to work by bike in a stress free, safer, traffic free environment, and give people more cycling options for leisure. Would help de-congest the roads, help people get fit, would be good all round.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2016, 01:31:49 pm »
No, good sir, I'm on the level.

The ring came off my pudding can

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2016, 02:22:16 pm »
Love the sound of that.
You'd have to live in there..you ain't gerrrin outta there on yer scoot la...it's a cimb..... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2016, 03:04:40 pm »
You'd have to live in there..you ain't gerrrin outta there on yer scoot la...it's a cimb..... ;D

I could happily adapt to subterranean living ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2016, 06:14:46 pm »
I could happily adapt to subterranean living ;D
;D

I nearly did....the first time I rode through I was on my tourer, it must have weighed about 50 lb's...it was a grovel out of there....5 miles into a 150 ride to Brecon and I'd already had enough. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2016, 09:06:44 pm »
Build bypass to Southport from the M58. Its been talked about since the 1940's or something and is needed to sort the traffic out. I still go back there (moved there in 1986 moved to Manc in 07) to see my stepdad and the journey seems to get worse every time.

I'd also build safe cycleways all over the place and do whatever it takes to encourage people to rely less on cars, without forcing people out of cars and to get fitter.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2016, 10:08:46 pm »
Build bypass to Southport from the M58. Its been talked about since the 1940's or something and is needed to sort the traffic out. I still go back there (moved there in 1986 moved to Manc in 07) to see my stepdad and the journey seems to get worse every time.

I'd also build safe cycleways all over the place and do whatever it takes to encourage people to rely less on cars, without forcing people out of cars and to get fitter.

Isn't the new road by switch island pretty much this now

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 08:36:05 am »
Isn't the new road by switch island pretty much this now

I lived on the far side of Southport and the amount of traffic that used to go down our road and the other main road and then out through Scarisbrick and Ormskirk is ridiculous, its miles of crawling traffic in the summer. For the people who use the road to get to Southport, the switch island link and then Formby bypass isn't really an option as its the long way around. For the town itself, better links to the motorway would most likely bring in more people in the summer and might even make it a more attractive place to live. I used to commute to where I now live (nr Trafford Centre) and the section from the M58 at Skem to ours was a right pain in the arse.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2016, 01:49:38 pm »
I would decree that every Thursday at 2pm, a hand picked selection of Evertonian delights would be treated like Reek from Game of Thrones on the steps of the Georges Hall.

They would be beaten and bath my feet at my behest.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »
Declare independence.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 11:02:42 am »
Expand the airport to accommodate for flights to more countries

Expand the cruise liner business

Make a shuttle bus from the airport to the city center not the 86A but one that takes you to the city without any stops.

Build quality accommodation at affordable prices for locals, 1 bed 2 bed modern flats near the city center.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 11:03:50 am »
There already is a shuttle bus - the 500
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer