Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3225037 times)

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #79880 on: May 6, 2024, 12:39:09 pm »
If we were to sell Nunez, which is unlikely imo, I'd definitely go for Gyokeres, the guy's a beast. Built like a tank, fast, great dribbler, finisher, really has it all.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #79881 on: May 6, 2024, 12:44:38 pm »
This plays into my issue with the Head Coach title for Slot. Not sure I'm a fan of the stats guys making decisions on selling players. I'm sure they've done their due diligence on sounding out potential replacements but it does feel like Nunez and his agent may have been told he can look for a new club by the higher ups.

Yeah, it's an interesting one. Don't really have a problem with them identifying players to bring in but selling them before the new manager has any sort of say? Don't really think that's the right thing to do.

I feel like Edwards will definitely have considered moving him on even if he doesn't. Thing is, next season, everyone being fit and potentially new players coming in, I have a feeling more often than not he'll be on the bench. So if anything, unless he scores some really important goals or is outstanding from off the bench and scoring when he does start, his value will go down even more. I do think he could be a good option for a lot of sides, Atletico Madrid for example as someone else has already said. He's 25 soon which is a good age, got experience of playing top level football and being a decent goal scorer. I'd like us to keep him myself but if they roll the dice and decide to replace him with someone else I can't say I don't see the thinking behind it. I don't think in one of the top few leagues he'll ever get the goals you really command of a side with big aspirations in every tournament. There's obvious exceptions like Firmino but of course he was much more than his tally at the end of the season.

Gyokeres would be a good shout as Baggio says, looks like a nightmare to play against with composure in front of goal to boot. That's a really key element of course having watched Nunez these past couple of years. Of course, he's only really done it at the same level Nunez did for Benfica but he has a lot about him and just looks the type who'll do very well as he goes into his best years.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2024, 12:46:31 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #79882 on: May 6, 2024, 12:46:05 pm »
This plays into my issue with the Head Coach title for Slot. Not sure I'm a fan of the stats guys making decisions on selling players. I'm sure they've done their due diligence on sounding out potential replacements but it does feel like Nunez and his agent may have been told he can look for a new club by the higher ups.

Why do you say that? Genuine question. Is it something that’s cropping up on social media? I’m not on there so do miss these stories sometimes.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79883 on: May 6, 2024, 12:53:04 pm »
Nat Phillips might retire with us.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind that ...

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #79884 on: May 6, 2024, 12:53:37 pm »
Please Edwards, add more pace.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #79885 on: May 6, 2024, 12:58:12 pm »
We need more players that can win their individual battles whether offensively or defensively.

Offensively,  our winger don't dominate their opposite number enough by beating them 1v1 consistently.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79886 on: May 6, 2024, 12:58:18 pm »
Ederson at Atalanta could be an option if we're looking for a defensive mid. Stats look strong, he's the right age (about to turn 25) and plays in a top five league with the added bonus of some European experience too via this season's Europa League. Plus he's 6'1, so adds a bit of height in that area.
with Hughes in charge he could be an option

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79887 on: May 6, 2024, 12:59:45 pm »
We need to get Trent, Virg and Salah signed up on new deals. If they want to leave they need to be sold sadly..can't afford any of them to leave on frees.

After that I think one forward will be sold. CB, DM and attacker needed..

Lb is a tricky one depends on what's available if Tsimikas wants out.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2024, 01:01:57 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79888 on: May 6, 2024, 01:00:09 pm »

Personally, I'd be shocked if Edwards of all people sells Nunez this summer. He is not stupid ...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79889 on: May 6, 2024, 01:00:36 pm »

Will their goals count though?

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79890 on: May 6, 2024, 01:06:14 pm »
Play Mo CF and bring in new pacy right winger. Sell Diaz or Nunez. Jota/Gakpo enough for left wing.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79891 on: May 6, 2024, 01:11:00 pm »
Play Mo CF and bring in new pacy right winger. Sell Diaz or Nunez. Jota/Gakpo enough for left wing.
we have CL next year.
8 group games & we will a very intense style of play

wouldnt really sell too many players we need a huge squad plenty on injuries after the euro's & copa america

Online mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #79892 on: May 6, 2024, 01:15:29 pm »
Have we not scored 100+ goals?

We aren't lacking going forward its the other way

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79893 on: May 6, 2024, 01:17:42 pm »
;D

It had Liverpool/Salah in the title - but yeah, lesson learned.  ;)

Ha ha. I find fan content much better than clueless pundits, it's far more interesting to hear what proper fans are saying than the likes of Souness and Deeney.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79894 on: May 6, 2024, 01:20:31 pm »
Why do you say that? Genuine question. Is it something that’s cropping up on social media? I’m not on there so do miss these stories sometimes.
Just a few rumblings after the match yesterday. He deleted all Liverpool pictures on his social media, didn't want to warm up and stormed down the tunnel after the game. Also the reports last week about Nunez being a Klopp signing and the stats team wanted someone else.

Probably fuck all and he'll be here next season  ;D

Offline marmite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #79895 on: May 6, 2024, 01:22:17 pm »
darwins going nowhere .... the crap he recieves just from liverpool fans alone is mind boggling and theres no need for it .... you support the club thru think n thin and lets be honest we are a massive improvement on last season ... the outs this summer will be interesting but darwin will not be one of them ...

some liverpool fans are so fickle win win win at all cost if not rip them to shreds ..... we are not a plastic club like  city and others stop ripping current players to shreds the media has created this scenario and i few dumb fans allow to believe it ..

we will go out and buy 3 or 4 solid investments to replace those who will be leaving and we will be using quite a few of our very talented youngsters ... our summer we not be the wankfest of players in as some seem to thrive on at every window .... slot seem a clever chap how clever we will find out and ill place my bets darwin will not be sold and will be a liverpool legend...

so many babys as supporters and alot of them live in the transfer bubble .... just saying
im autistic dyslexic born deaf so spelling may be bad on some days bear with me its something i try very hard to get righy ... im not thick... supported liverpool fc from a very early age of 6 that would have been 1974  and still follow their every move today been to anfield and away games many times but now days its more online due to bad health

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #79896 on: May 6, 2024, 01:28:22 pm »
Ha ha. I find fan content much better than clueless pundits, it's far more interesting to hear what proper fans are saying than the likes of Souness and Deeney.

I concur.

Love the Wrap and Copey and Robbo's (relatively) new 'The Late Challenge'.

I know this will sound 'bigoted' but I can't get on with southern LFC fan content though. Grizz Khan and Laurence McKenna etc.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79897 on: May 6, 2024, 01:53:30 pm »
I concur.

Love the Wrap and Copey and Robbo's (relatively) new 'The Late Challenge'.

I know this will sound 'bigoted' but I can't get on with southern LFC fan content though. Grizz Khan and Laurence McKenna etc.

Grizz Khan is a muppet. Can't get into the Anfield Wrap (being a 'southerner', well, south of Liverpool, its not for me). Might not go down well here but Born n Red is really good.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #79898 on: May 6, 2024, 02:10:10 pm »
Grizz Khan is a muppet. Can't get into the Anfield Wrap (being a 'southerner', well, south of Liverpool, its not for me). Might not go down well here but Born n Red is really good.

:thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79899 on: May 6, 2024, 02:12:11 pm »
Personally, I'd be shocked if Edwards of all people sells Nunez this summer. He is not stupid ...
will be a good test of the new Edwards/Hughes axis - do they meet the Mac criteria or are they stupid.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind that ...
If Nat Phillips plays another league game for us something has gone horrifically wrong!

Offline Markus_12

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #79900 on: May 6, 2024, 02:13:19 pm »
Sepp Van Den Berg seems to have had a very decent season out on loan, I wonder if he will have earned his way back into the future plans.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2024, 02:21:08 pm by Markus_12 »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79901 on: May 6, 2024, 02:15:11 pm »
Even if Slot isn’t making the final call there’s no way they tell a player he’s up for sale before Slot has even sat down with Hughes et al to talk it through.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79902 on: May 6, 2024, 02:31:55 pm »
Sepp Van Den Berg seems to have had a very decent season out on loan, I wonder if he will have earned his way back into the future plans.

I hope so, what I've seen/read about him this season is very promising. I think he and Quansah will hopefully replace Matip and if we bring in a defender it'll hopefully be someone left sided with Tsimikas possibly moving on and one of the young left backs getting some minutes behind Robbo and Jomez
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79903 on: May 6, 2024, 02:39:43 pm »
If we were to sell Nunez, which is unlikely imo, I'd definitely go for Gyokeres, the guy's a beast. Built like a tank, fast, great dribbler, finisher, really has it all.

sell one over rated and over priced striker playing in Portugal for another one! makes perfect sense

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #79904 on: May 6, 2024, 02:40:02 pm »
Wouldn't mind Van Den Berg staying if Matip is moved on and the new manager keeps Gomez as more of a full back, but I hope we're looking at a starting quality centre back. Virgil getting no younger, Konate injury prone and Quansah still young. I think for the good of VDB's career he should move on to be honest, pointless coming to sit on the bench when you're finally getting a good taste of first team football. Sell-on clause could help even further down the road, or a buy-back.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #79905 on: May 6, 2024, 02:48:57 pm »
sell one over rated and over priced striker playing in Portugal for another one! makes perfect sense

Disagree. Think Gyokeres is completely on another level. Tbf, I thought he was much younger, so this might be a stumbling block.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79906 on: May 6, 2024, 03:32:17 pm »
If Barca want Darwin we should as for Vitor Roque in return.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79907 on: May 6, 2024, 04:35:48 pm »

He'll be sold I reckon. Same with Morton and Carvalho depending on offers.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #79908 on: May 6, 2024, 04:44:01 pm »

By going to the gym? He has a car he doesn't run to meetings.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #79909 on: May 6, 2024, 05:08:49 pm »

So buy an expensive but exciting gamble with one stellar year in the Portuguese league, develop him for two years, decide he’s not worth the hassle, sell him and replace him with an expensive but exciting gamble with one stellar year in the Portuguese league

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79910 on: May 6, 2024, 06:05:40 pm »

Ha, seems like we say this every summer, myself included. Would be great if the club thought a player already here could be part of the squad next season. Quansah's proved it can happen so it might happen.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79911 on: May 6, 2024, 07:32:57 pm »
Disagree. Think Gyokeres is completely on another level. Tbf, I thought he was much younger, so this might be a stumbling block.

He’s exactly the type of signing we should avoid like the plague, classic Spurs signing

-26 next year
-one good year of goalscoring
- 6/20 for Sweden at international level
- would cost 80-100M

No thanks, Nunez is comparison is an absolute bargain

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79912 on: May 6, 2024, 07:36:26 pm »
If Barca want Darwin we should as for Vitor Roque in return.

we should tell them 100M or fuck off

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79913 on: May 6, 2024, 08:13:43 pm »
Olise watch.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #79915 on: May 6, 2024, 08:16:01 pm »
The outstanding wide forward option this summer.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79916 on: May 6, 2024, 08:18:37 pm »
The outstanding wide forward option this summer.

Release clause too, needs to happen.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79917 on: May 6, 2024, 08:25:09 pm »
Release clause too, needs to happen.

We do like a release clause…

Dunno, feel like we’d have heard murmurings by now if we were interested and I’m not sure how you’d keep him and Salah happy game-time wise, so unless he can play on the left I’m not sure it’d happen unless Salah left. Although he’d make a cracking #10…

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79918 on: May 6, 2024, 08:38:45 pm »

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79919 on: May 6, 2024, 08:40:55 pm »
Pretty good tbf. Hodgson rushing him back to test his mettle isn’t indicative of anything I don’t think.

Plus he’s not an explosive player who relies on pace, so those hamstring injuries probably aren’t a long term concern.