Author Topic: Mass Effect 3-The ending is shite Macphisto  (Read 33907 times)

Online Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
Re: Mass Effect 3- New Info
« Reply #440 on: June 23, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »
What a waste of a fucking trilogy the last 2 games were.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #441 on: June 24, 2012, 08:58:07 pm »
What a waste of a fucking trilogy the last 2 games were.
Yeah, fuck Bioware for giving us two of the best games available in this generation. Seriously, what are you talking about? 2 was superb and I think that most would agree that 3 was also amazing, it just had a very poor ending.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #442 on: June 24, 2012, 09:57:11 pm »
Mass Effect 3 is like the Prometheus movie, you think it's pretty good at first, with a shite ending, and then the more you look back at it, the more it looks like an absolute travesty that never should have been made in the first place.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: June 24, 2012, 10:01:04 pm »
Yeah, fuck Bioware for giving us two of the best games available in this generation. Seriously, what are you talking about? 2 was superb and I think that most would agree that 3 was also amazing, it just had a very poor ending.

Having just finished 3 this week I agree completely.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #444 on: June 25, 2012, 04:59:43 am »
Mass Effect 3 is like the Prometheus movie, you think it's pretty good at first, with a shite ending, and then the more you look back at it, the more it looks like an absolute travesty that never should have been made in the first place.

harsh that, the majority of the game was fucking quality, just the ending that let it down.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #445 on: June 25, 2012, 10:52:39 am »
harsh that, the majority of the game was fucking quality, just the ending that let it down.
Was it? What are the stand out points of 3? Tuchunka, annnnnnnnnnd that's it for me. Tuchunka was breathtaking and brilliant. The rest of the game never got close to it, and that was a massive problem.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #446 on: June 25, 2012, 10:54:19 am »
Interesting to see if it is this size:
Mass Effect 3's free Extended Cut DLC will be released for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC tomorrow.

Unless you're a European PlayStation 3 owner, that is - you'll have to wait until July 4. I don't know why, either.

The pack will clock it at 1.9 gigabytes, so unless it's a couple of short movies and a 1.6gb graphic of Raz Muzyka giving us the finger it sounds like there's going to be quite a lot of new stuff to get through.

BioWare's official FAQ on the matter makes sure to emphasise that we won't be getting new endings tomorrow. "The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3," it says. "It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions."

BioWare does, however, promise us more answers and a better sense of closure. "The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings."

How do you get at the Extended Cut content once you've downloaded it, you ask? Watch out - it's going to get a little bit spoilery underneath this picture of Mordin.

Spoiler
BioWare's FAQ writes: "To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content."

From that, I'm guessing the Extended Cut content will be integrated into the whole final sequence of the game. We'll see tomorrow.
[close]

http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/mass_effect_3/news/mass_effect_3_extended_cut_lands_tomorrow.html
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #447 on: June 25, 2012, 11:15:47 am »
So if I dont have a save just before that moment I've to play the whole bloody thing again?

I think if you lot play it and think its good ill redo the whole trillogy, if not then ill have to redo about ten hours haha.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline pepe_carra_stevie_nando

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: June 25, 2012, 11:51:08 am »
I thought it auto-saves it before the attack.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #449 on: June 25, 2012, 12:13:12 pm »
Does it? Oh sweet, I thought the auto save was just after the blast from H

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #450 on: June 25, 2012, 12:17:49 pm »
Do you remember when the Collectors attacked the Normandy and you saw Kelly Chambers screaming for dear life as they dragged her into the elevator?

Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #451 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33:24 pm »
It was possible to save her but how can I forget

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: June 25, 2012, 12:36:08 pm »
Does it? Oh sweet, I thought the auto save was just after the blast from H

I'm not 100% on that though so I'd check where your game's last save is.
Thing is, if you're going to have a massive beard then you simply MUST have a 'tache with it. Otherwise you just look like you've dipped your sticky chin in to a box of fannies.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:08 pm »
Personally, the some of the best parts of the games are NPC conversations - the people around talking as you passed by. Some memorable ones such as:

Spoiler
  • Alliance soldier at the embassies trying to send her daughter back home to Thessia - finally getting the paperwork done (later which you witnessed the Reapers' coming and decimation the place)
  • an Alliance soldier who had to be amputated due to severe infection to his feet
  • an old woman with forgetfulness who kept asking about her son
  • girl at the refugee docking area, speaking to a Turian, the final line: "I just... I miss them. I miss them so much.."
  • dying message from the poetic Krogan, Charr (you first met in ME2) to his beloved Ereba
  • Kelly Chambers shot dead by Cerberus if you chose the 'wrong' option
  • and, by far the one that tugged the heartstrings the most - the conversation between a soldier and a woman over the radio; taken from Bioware's forum:
    They got to me, but the worst of them was towards the very end, right before you start your final conversations with your squad. There's a soldier trying to talk a girl down and telling her how to help a wounded soldier. The guy is obviously very bad off. The guy keeps telling her what to do and eventually she listens to him, but it only helps a little.

If you stick around, a second conversation spawns, where she says her efforts were wasted, and that the soldier is dead. The guy talking to her is still trying to get her to calm down, saying it's not her fault, that she did all she could.

Then if you stick around, she goes on to a third exchange where she describe how she's been spotted and the reapers coming or something along those lines. The guy basically tells her to get the hell out of there, but she says there's no time. She says something about how she has the soldiers gun, and then you actually hear the shot as the guy talking to her is shouting at her to stop. Then he basically ends it on "Damn!"
[close]
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: June 25, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »
Do you remember when the Collectors attacked the Normandy and you saw Kelly Chambers screaming for dear life as they dragged her into the elevator?

I hated the fact in ME3 they make it really annoying to keep her alive.

If you're completely nice to her, she's happy, tries to do good, but cerberus kills her. If you're completely renegade to her, she offs herself. You have to be nice to her so she won't kill herself, then tell her not to do good and to run away and change her name. Only then does she live.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: June 25, 2012, 01:16:59 pm »
How long have I got left before I complete the main mass effect 2 storyline?

Just got the IFF off the Reaper, not doing any side quests that are avoidable, just doing the storyline so I can start Mass Effect 3.

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: June 25, 2012, 01:20:34 pm »

Just got the IFF off the Reaper, not doing any side quests that are avoidable, just doing the storyline so I can start Mass Effect 3.

Spoiler
You're at the end pretty much, as soon as your crew goes for a little holiday, you can go to the final mission

I'm hoping you've done a lot of loyalty missions, or prepare to not get a perfect ending
[close]

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #457 on: June 25, 2012, 01:52:25 pm »
Spoiler
You're at the end pretty much, as soon as your crew goes for a little holiday, you can go to the final mission

I'm hoping you've done a lot of loyalty missions, or prepare to not get a perfect ending
[close]

Spoiler
I never knew that people live and die because of how loyal they are and because of the choices you made in that last mission. So I lost quite a few of my crew. As a result, I missed out on quite a lot of scenes in ME3... :(
[close]

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: June 25, 2012, 06:06:33 pm »
Spoiler

[close]

Done all the loyalty missions mate, cheers.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: June 25, 2012, 08:50:34 pm »
Spoiler
I never knew that people live and die because of how loyal they are and because of the choices you made in that last mission. So I lost quite a few of my crew. As a result, I missed out on quite a lot of scenes in ME3... :(
[close]
Spoiler
I suppose the reasoning is in that you need focused and committed teammates for suicide missions as such, as well as each team member being strong in different things.
[close]

Spoiler
When EDI says the installation of the Reaper IFF is complete and she would like to take them for a test spin - get ready for all hell to break lose.

And go immediately into the Omega 4 Relay - don't know about you but the sight of an empty Yeoman's console and nobody greeting as you appear at the galaxy map made me sad, I replayed the whole last save before the Reaper IFF :'(
[close]

By the way, you know you probably invested too much time and attachment to this game if you refer to EDI as 'she' or 'her' instead of 'it' or the 'AI'. ;D

Spoiler
"I am... right here, Jeff".
"Yes you are EDI. Yes you are".
[close]
;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 08:52:22 pm by Ken-Obi »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #460 on: June 25, 2012, 09:24:05 pm »
EDI was one of my favourite crew-members... Not in a romantic kind of way... ;)

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: June 26, 2012, 07:56:04 am »
Completed 2 last night, that last mission is epic, got goosebumps in alot of the cutscenes aswell.

Spoiler
Lost the crew, thought it was great playing as Joker but managed to get them all back on the Reaper base and didn't lose a single team member, I'd say it was a job well done ;D

What did everyone else decide to do? Keep the base or destroy it?
[close]

Starting 3 tonight, can't wait!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: June 26, 2012, 09:43:09 am »
Completed 2 last night, that last mission is epic, got goosebumps in alot of the cutscenes aswell.

Spoiler
Lost the crew, thought it was great playing as Joker but managed to get them all back on the Reaper base and didn't lose a single team member, I'd say it was a job well done ;D

[close]

Spoiler
I kept it. IIRC, the decision to keep it or destroy it plays a part in 3.
[close]

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: June 26, 2012, 02:40:55 pm »

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
My DudeShep left the Council to die in (ME1), Wrex died (ME1)  left the Collector's base intact (ME2), romanced Ashley.
My FemShep saved the council, avoided killing Wrex, destroyed the Collector's base, romanced Liara.
[close]

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #464 on: June 26, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »
Finished the newest ending DLC. For me, it answers a lot of questions I had.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: June 26, 2012, 04:53:27 pm »
Same shit with a new shine.

Spoiler
Showing the Normandy getting up and leaving that random planet in the original would have basically prevented 80% of the backlash.
[close]

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: June 26, 2012, 04:57:43 pm »
How to get it? It's not showing up as something I can download.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: June 26, 2012, 05:00:54 pm »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: June 26, 2012, 05:02:31 pm »
I'm playing the PC version.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: June 26, 2012, 05:04:24 pm »
Ah fair enough! Haven't heard through anyone on Tumblr if it's available through Origin yet.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: June 26, 2012, 05:09:38 pm »

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #471 on: June 26, 2012, 05:47:51 pm »
Same shit with a new shine.

Spoiler
Showing the Normandy getting up and leaving that random planet in the original would have basically prevented 80% of the backlash.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, and also not having the Citadel blow up, or the Mass Relays explode. It makes it less impossible for Sword Fleet to eventually repair the relays and find a way home.
[close]
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: June 26, 2012, 07:25:12 pm »
Downloading it now. 1.85GB is pretty hefty.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: June 27, 2012, 01:39:49 pm »
Spoiler
It wasn't really worth playing through the last 2 missions just for that IMO. Thankfully there is more to come from Bioware according to the message at the end and that last cut scene after the credits.

What ending did people choose? I chose Synthesis. At least they explained a lot more and said what happened afterwards in the rebuilding phase. Is it just me or did anyone else see a mask less Quarian talking with a Geth at one stage during the cut scene?
[close]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:18:54 pm by pepe_carra_stevie_nando »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #474 on: June 27, 2012, 01:54:58 pm »
Downloading now :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: June 27, 2012, 02:42:24 pm »
Having seen all the endings- whether playing or watching on YouTube, I have to say the best one is the

Spoiler
rejection ending.

It's short and straight to the point. It is also a little nostalgic using a beacon like the Prothean's did. The cut scene after the credits shows a new race that look eerily similar to the Asari.
[close]

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: June 27, 2012, 03:58:23 pm »
Haven't seen the 'green extended ending' yet, so no spoilers on that!

Spoiler
I tried DESTROY, CONTROL and the REJECT ending.

DESTROY - was fine, until I saw Control. Was possibly one of the lesser of two evils compared to REJECT - the cycle ends (for now) and peace reigned until the next chaos. Left unanswered questions though - do they learn from the mistakes of the past - learning to allow technology to evolve alongside life or in letting AI surpasse their creators again and begin a new war, Butlerian Jihad style? Perhaps Tuchanka did evolve into a sand planet where the Krogans became slim and ride evolved thresher maws, and the humanity fighting a new war for spice?

REJECT - shoot the Starchild or reject all the choices. The cycle continues - perhaps not for the best because of all the sacrifice all this time, just let it continue when the chance to end it once and for all is at your finger tips? I didn't like it. As some on the Bioware forums said it's possibly a middle finger from Marc Walters (who scored at Anfield... sorry, wrong guy) to the community. Still, I nod my head at Bioware for this one, they took the effort to create a 'hidden' ending. The Reapers are screwed anyway - Dr T'soni is now the new VI from the lost, ancient race of the Asari. Had goosebumps when Harbinger accepted your ultimatum, "SO BE IT".

CONTROL - perhaps I was indoctrinated (sniff, giggle) by the Indoctrination/Beings of Light Theory but this ending is by far the most satisfying for me personally. Why? Ascend to divinity, control the most powerful beings in the galaxy, then help rebuild a star system ravaged by conflict. And then, the epilogue of my female Shepard, she sounded outright awesome, god-like even. I know I sound like Martin Sheen now but personally, that was my favourite ending of them all.
[close]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:00:50 pm by Ken-Obi »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #477 on: June 27, 2012, 10:54:50 pm »
Playing the online mode so I get better endings.

The online mode isn't the best :p

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: June 29, 2012, 06:11:18 am »
I've managed to figure out how to import a PC save to the 360! So now, I can finally play ME3 with the ME2 character i want, and I'm not coming back in here until I've finished the game and find out why the hell are you lot so pissed off with the ending.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:29 pm »
The extended endings were pointless. Polished turd. Oh well. Just going back onto the game made me appreciate how brilliant the series was. I can live with the horrible ending I suppose. It's not the last we'll see of the ME franchise, it's too profitable.