Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4189431 times)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #75840 on: March 9, 2024, 12:57:32 am »
It’s how he was dragging his words out speaking stupidly he like Fury is a c**t
Agree he sounded daft but so many fighters chat shite before and after fight. Pound for pound UFC prob even worse than boxing the amount of twats in it

Think AJ used to tone it in massively (and got criticised for that as well to be honest) and now he doesn't care

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75841 on: March 9, 2024, 12:59:27 am »
In a fair world, they strip the winner of Usyk-Fury of the IBF. Let Joshua fight Hrgovic for that and let the winner fight for the undisputed against the winner of Usyk-Fury rematch.

Of course Eddie seems to think the Turkey has promised Joshua an Undisputed shot against the winner of Usyk Fury, i.e no belts fragment, no rematch. He seems to get whatever he wants this Turki Delight fella, just throwing money at people and telling them to dance.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75842 on: March 9, 2024, 01:04:46 am »
The WBC put Ngannou in their top 10 after that fight against Fury.  ;D

Offline GivePeasAChant

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC reserves
« Reply #75843 on: March 9, 2024, 01:07:38 am »
Saw this on reddit.. for anyone who hasn't seen the knockout..

https://dubz.co/v/kprf00
« Last Edit: March 9, 2024, 02:24:49 am by GivePeasAChant »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75844 on: March 9, 2024, 01:09:03 am »
ANNOUNCED: Canelo Alvarez will defend his Undisputed WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO Super-Middleweight world titles vs Jaime Munguia on May 4th in Las Vegas.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75845 on: March 9, 2024, 01:10:58 am »
Excellent performance from Joe Parker tonight, I fancied Zhang to win this but Parker showing how important regular activity is with the right coach for a fighter, will be interesting to see who he gets matched up with next

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75846 on: March 9, 2024, 01:13:51 am »
Excellent performance from Joe Parker tonight, I fancied Zhang to win this but Parker showing how important regular activity is with the right coach for a fighter, will be interesting to see who he gets matched up with next

Zhang.

Rematch clause in contract.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75847 on: March 9, 2024, 01:14:55 am »
Fordy, I thought you were in Saudi living the jet set life. Where the fuck you been mate?

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #75848 on: March 9, 2024, 01:16:04 am »
Zhang.

Rematch clause in contract.

Ah, shame that, these rematch clauses are killing boxing, should be banned.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75849 on: March 9, 2024, 01:23:29 am »

Activity beats Zhang fairly easily, he's the definition of a plodder. Gasses after 4 and starts breathing through his arse. Someone like Joyce, a slow motionless target, is tailor made for him, someone like Parker the opposite. If parker hadn't been caught with those 2 shots, which he was entirely capable of avoiding, it woulda looked like a one sided shut out.

Imagine how easy a night Usyk would have against Zhang

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #75850 on: March 9, 2024, 01:26:54 am »
He was decent against Fury no matter how shit Fury was.
Correction, he was made to look decent. Fury was a disgrace, looked and fought like he'd been at the kebab shop after a night on the ale. He'd have won at his leisure had he bothered to train. That led directly to tonight's farce.

The amount of people who thought Ngannou had anything other than a lottery punchers chance was quite something.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75851 on: March 9, 2024, 01:30:08 am »
Correction, he was made to look decent. Fury was a disgrace, looked and fought like he'd been at the kebab shop after a night on the ale. He'd have won at his leisure had he bothered to train. That led directly to tonight's farce.

The amount of people who thought Ngannou had anything other than a lottery punchers chance was quite something.

This, Joshua did what Fury should have, taught a novice not to challenge the top table. He was made to look good in that fight, but a lot of that might have been to do with Fury underestimating him, something Joshua didn't, thanks to the first fight. Either way the best part is we don't have to worry about a rematch now.

Also the WBC need to hang their head in shame, making a 0-1 fighter #10 in their ranking. Sulaiman is a gobshite.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75852 on: March 9, 2024, 03:48:19 am »
Great KO, I don't take much stock into AJ beating the common opponents better. A win is a win.

If Fury gets by Usyk, that's something to discuss because Usyk schooled AJ twice

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #75853 on: March 9, 2024, 11:12:22 am »
What a pile of shite that was.... although Joshua should probably be thanking Ngannou for salvaging his career .....have to say, the whole Fury, Joshua, Ngannou tbreesome has the whiff of an arle Grimsby trawler...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75854 on: March 9, 2024, 09:48:06 pm »
Just caught up with the circus show now. Atmosphere Manc city would be proud of.

Best part was the little local guy with full dress and sunglasses in the ring after Ngannou has been decimated, just standing there breaks the awkward silence by saying to Ngannou 'the next tyson, the next tyson."  :lmao

Fucking state of it all.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #75855 on: March 9, 2024, 10:17:17 pm »
what do people think of the ref not stopping the fight before lights out

the poor chap could have had been seriously hurt

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75856 on: March 9, 2024, 10:46:30 pm »
what do people think of the ref not stopping the fight before lights out

the poor chap could have had been seriously hurt

My opinion is the fights should never be sanctioned.

They are all greedy bastards and it will take something really bad to stop it all.

Boxing now at the top level is a complete joke its like most sports are getting

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75857 on: March 9, 2024, 11:46:04 pm »
From AJ's point of view, this was a massive payday that could not be turned down. Yes he could make the same amount of money from fighting Fury but the negotiations would be like a fight itself.

From promoters point of view, they could never have known that Ngannou would get destroyed like this. He came in with a fearsome reputation that was also strengthened by his showing vs Fury. I do think they need to give it a second thought next time. Even Mayweather who has pillow fists left McGregor with a bruised face.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75858 on: March 9, 2024, 11:51:57 pm »
Ngannou's left hand was way too low. You can get away with it in MMA not when an actual boxer and be it a Super Heavyweight lands flush on you.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75859 on: March 10, 2024, 10:41:11 am »
Ngannou's left hand was way too low. You can get away with it in MMA not when an actual boxer and be it a Super Heavyweight lands flush on you.
The number of people picking Ngannou was insane, mate. It's like they only heard about the fight versus Fury and didn't actually watch it. Fury didn't train and was probably on the ale during his supposed camp. He thought it would be a nice handy night and got a huge surprise when he found Ngannou could throw a few straight punches. Had he trained like he was fighting Usyk or Joshua, there's no doubt he would have flattened Ngannou early doors. I strongly dislike him but there's no question the man can box and in normal circumstances wouldn't have had any problems at all with a novice.

Saturday was yet another triumph of hype over common sense. Still, I backed Joshua to win in the first 3 rounds so it's not all bad like  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75860 on: March 12, 2024, 03:33:11 pm »
Nick Ball might be going for the WBA title now.  8)

Frank Warren has revealed that Nick Ball could have a quick turnaround and challenge Ray Ford for his WBA Featherweight world title next, following his controversial draw vs Rey Vegas for the WBC. Rumoured that this would be on the Queensberry-Matchroom 5 vs 5 card on June 1st.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75861 on: March 14, 2024, 05:16:01 pm »
What do you think his excuse will be this time?  ;D
Unspecified injury it turned out ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75862 on: March 14, 2024, 05:22:06 pm »
 ;D You couldn't make this shite up.

The Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterall rematch has been POSTPONED and will not take place on April 27th because Taylor has suffered an injury. It's claimed they expect to reschedule it for late May. [ @MikeCoppinger]

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75863 on: March 15, 2024, 05:28:00 pm »
Torres doing Boxing in Trent's shirt.  ;D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75864 on: March 15, 2024, 09:32:56 pm »
Rumours that Crawford versus Eubank Junior is a possibility at 160. Ugh.

I mean there's merit in watching Eubank getting battered and everything, but still.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 09:35:52 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75865 on: March 15, 2024, 09:41:26 pm »
Crawford going up to Middlweight might a step too far I feel. His power isn't too much even at Welterweight but he's still going up 2 weight's.  Make it 154lbs.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75866 on: March 15, 2024, 11:28:31 pm »
Crawford going up to Middlweight might a step too far I feel. His power isn't too much even at Welterweight but he's still going up 2 weight's.  Make it 154lbs.
He was 165 fully hydrated against Spence apparently. He'd beat Eubank up and down the ring. I believe there wouldn't be much difference in reach. Not much at MW barring Janibek who looks good but hasn't faced top level opposition yet, mainly because there isn't much there at present.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:30:50 pm by 1892tillforever »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75867 on: March 16, 2024, 08:17:38 am »
Crawford is elite and Jr is bang average so I don't know what the conversation is about to be honest. Yeah he's bigger, but he was bigger than Liam Smith who walked straight through him and knocked him out. Don't see Crawford doing any different whatever the weight.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75868 on: March 16, 2024, 01:43:15 pm »
Oh I still think Crawford is too skillful for Jr but that slight doubt of his punch power and resistence at Middleweight still concerns me. This is a guy who started out at Lightweight lads.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75869 on: March 16, 2024, 07:23:55 pm »
Juggernaut fighting Gash Ali tonight. I know Ali is crap but Joyce is odds on to win in the first two rounds!!!

Dillian Whyte fights Christian Hammer in Castlebar tomorrow night  :D

Only heard about this yesterday. I'd have gone down with more notice since I used to live there briefly.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75870 on: March 16, 2024, 07:27:17 pm »
That card tonight is so shite that I forgot about it.  ;D

In other news Suliaman wan;t extra judges for Undisputed.  ;D

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman has declared that he wants to trial a new judging system with SIX judges for Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk on May 18th. Sulaiman said he's distributed an emergency petition to the WBA, IBF & WBO, plus all parties involved in the undisputed fight to try and make it happen. [@BoxingScene]

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75871 on: March 16, 2024, 07:38:08 pm »
Eithan James might have the worst defence I've ever seen. You can't miss him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75872 on: March 16, 2024, 07:39:43 pm »
Eithan James might have the worst defence I've ever seen. You can't miss him.

:D

Was thinknig the same mate. Your mate fat toney even after smoking some ganja would still look better.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75873 on: March 16, 2024, 07:44:27 pm »
:D

Was thinknig the same mate. Your mate fat toney even after smoking some ganja would still look better.  ;D
He wouldn't even need to take the cigar out of his mouth.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75874 on: March 16, 2024, 07:47:24 pm »
Aye, that's the sort of thing you boxing coaches teach you on DAY 1.  ;D

Looks like he got no fundamentals.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75875 on: March 16, 2024, 07:51:09 pm »
Aye, that's the sort of thing you boxing coaches teach you on DAY 1.  ;D

Looks like he got no fundamentals.
Yeah I have no idea how he's won a dozen fights, I would expect the average white collar boxer to know that you don't hang your chin out there like that.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75876 on: March 16, 2024, 09:42:29 pm »
What a shit card this has been.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #75877 on: March 16, 2024, 10:28:14 pm »
That card tonight is so shite that I forgot about it.  ;D

In other news Suliaman wan;t extra judges for Undisputed.  ;D

I think he should be concentrating on getting an extra boxer for when Fury pulls out and not more judges.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75878 on: March 16, 2024, 10:38:36 pm »
 :D That's true Al.

Joyce struggling and gonig 5 rounds with Kash Ali for fucks sakes.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75879 on: March 16, 2024, 10:39:34 pm »
Joyce is slower than Emre Can turning here.  ;D