Author Topic: Jonjo Shelvey  (Read 81642 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: Reds confirm Shelvey sale to Swansea City
« Reply #440 on: February 24, 2014, 12:40:28 pm »
There is a huge difference between not celebrating or a subdued celebration and what he did which was effectively apologise for scoring.

To be honest, I took it rather as acknowledging the people clapping the goal than apologising for it...

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #441 on: February 24, 2014, 01:03:10 pm »
Did you feel great when we were bringing on Brad Smith away at Chelsea?
That's in a total different position. We have plenty of midfielder; Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Phil, Henderson, Alberto. You're forgetting the main fact which is that Shelvey chose to go
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2014, 01:05:10 pm »
Shelvey will turn out a bit like Charlie Adam if you ask me.  He'll make for a great highlights reels and will go on the odd good run of scoring and assisting.  But over 90 minutes week in week out just won't do enough to make it at a top club.  He's found his level if you ask me.

Exactly, it seemed obvious to me that he would never be mobile enough to play in a Rodgers team and it was simply best for all concerned that he moved on last summer.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #443 on: February 24, 2014, 01:29:28 pm »
Jonjo didn't have enough game intelligence to make it here long-term. He'd be a decent bench option chasing a game, but he wanted regular football. I don't think Rodgers was keen on selling him. It's not fair on Alberto to compare him to Jonjo - one has played in England his entire life and the other has just moved here from the Seville. One thing is for certain, Alberto has "game intelligence" in bucket loads.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #444 on: February 24, 2014, 01:36:32 pm »
Only on RAWK would it be deemed an insult that he didn't celebrate.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: February 24, 2014, 01:37:11 pm »
Shelvey didn't fit what Rodgers was wanting to achieve from the team, it's as simple as that. It's about having the best players for your system not the best players
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: February 24, 2014, 01:39:51 pm »
He lacks discipline as well, Gerrard did as well but he was worth risking it for.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #447 on: February 24, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »
Only on RAWK would it be deemed an insult that he didn't celebrate.

Ok, insult is taking it too far, just an irritating trend really.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #448 on: February 24, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »
He scored, the crowd clapped the goal, he acknowledged it.

What am I missing?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: February 24, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »

What am I missing?

People looking waaaay too deep into everything as usual ;)
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2014, 02:51:51 pm »
He respects the club and fans, and scored a good goal, didn't lorde it,  and Liverpool fans responded with decency..no need to make anything of it.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2014, 02:59:46 pm »

What am I missing?

He respects the club and fans, and scored a good goal, didn't lorde it,  and Liverpool fans responded with decency..no need to make anything of it.

Agreed. 

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2014, 02:59:53 pm »
What would you have said if he went berserk and did a knee slide in front of the Kop?

How about a David Thompson point and shout of "Fuck Off" at the bench? :D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2014, 03:03:24 pm »

What am I missing?

It actually seemed more like he scored, held his hands up in an almost apologetic gesture and then the crowd clapped rather than him acknowledging the clapping.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2014, 03:06:24 pm »
I'm reminded of Crouch getting a little stick for not celebrating after he scored against us. But in both cases it brought the score to 2-1, their teams were still losing, so not much to celebrate, really.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: February 24, 2014, 04:41:02 pm »
The applauding only started when Shelvey held his hands up in an 'apology' for scoring.

It's rare that I agree with Andy Gray, but listening to him at half time he was raging  (as was Didi Hamman).  How many goals like that are you going to score in front of the Kop Jonjo?  There is a difference between badge kissing and celebrating scoring a superb goal that gets your team back into a match.

I'm really quite tired of this lack of celebrations when people score against their former clubs.  Where's the passion?  I'll bet if Suarez scored a key goal against Ajax in Europe he'd run around screaming and shouting like a mad thing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all so nice and almost false it's gone so far.

Shelvey scored a great goal. Good on him. If it was me, my team mates would have had to chase me to the away fans I'd have been so delighted. It's not about who you are scoring against, but the fact that you've scored for the club you are now playing for.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #456 on: February 24, 2014, 04:42:07 pm »
Bellamy on the whole used to celebrate goals against teams he'd played for. But if he didn't he'd never have got to celebrate so that was understandable!

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: February 24, 2014, 04:44:55 pm »
Tell yourself all day selling Shelvey was a good idea. I personally think we'll live to regret it.

One of the worst things about last season was having to watch Shelvey's piss poor imitation of Gerrard in our midfield.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #458 on: February 24, 2014, 04:51:19 pm »
Tell yourself all day selling Shelvey was a good idea. I personally think we'll live to regret it.

Seriously? How come Jonjo wasn't snapped up by Arsenal, City or Chelsea? How come United didn't jump in? or Bayern, Barca or Real Madrid?

Because he's a really nice lad, not a bad player but not top quality. If we regret selling Jonjo Shelvey it will be because we are competing at a lower level and not fighting for trophies. 

Get over it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »

What am I missing?

agree
what the fuck
it was a pretty digified acknowledgement to the crowd who he obviously still cares for
who clapped the worldy strike goal in return

what possible sub text is there

its not adebayor sprinting the damn touch line holding the badge of his new club

it was a great goal he just happened to score at anfield

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #460 on: February 24, 2014, 05:24:31 pm »
He told ferguson to fuck off.
The lad deserves eternal respect from us all for that. That act alone was worth a place in the squad.

I could tell Fergie I defaced his mothers grave. Does that mean I get to start?!
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #461 on: February 24, 2014, 06:59:33 pm »
The applauding only started when Shelvey held his hands up in an 'apology' for scoring.

It's rare that I agree with Andy Gray, but listening to him at half time he was raging  (as was Didi Hamman).  How many goals like that are you going to score in front of the Kop Jonjo?  There is a difference between badge kissing and celebrating scoring a superb goal that gets your team back into a match.

I'm really quite tired of this lack of celebrations when people score against their former clubs.  Where's the passion?  I'll bet if Suarez scored a key goal against Ajax in Europe he'd run around screaming and shouting like a mad thing.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it's all so nice and almost false it's gone so far.

Shelvey scored a great goal. Good on him. If it was me, my team mates would have had to chase me to the away fans I'd have been so delighted. It's not about who you are scoring against, but the fact that you've scored for the club you are now playing for.

The sad thing is that people pay any remote attention to a goal celebration, or lack of.

It's a personal choice isn't it? The lad didn't fully celebrate out of respect. I'm not saying he should or shouldn't have, but the mere fact that he didn't shows he felt he was being respectful by not.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Jonjo Shelvey
« Reply #462 on: December 29, 2014, 09:29:53 pm »
Two own goals in two games against us

Couldn't stop laughing
I always loved his energy and going for goal

If ever there was someone who tries too hard

Offline Samvice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2014, 10:07:42 pm »
Lads really not heading in the right direction.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #464 on: December 29, 2014, 10:32:41 pm »
What Carra said at HT spoke volumes.

Shipped out because of his temperment, not his ability.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #465 on: December 29, 2014, 10:48:57 pm »
What Carra said at HT spoke volumes.

Shipped out because of his temperment, not his ability.

Yep, interesting comments, those. I always liked him but there's clearly something not quite right.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: December 30, 2014, 04:12:21 am »
what exactly did Carra say?

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: December 30, 2014, 09:06:22 am »
He looked stouter than I remember him, like he's got weight problems. It's a shame for the lad as he hasn't developed into the gerrardesque figure we'd hoped. I still respect him though for leaving because he was ambitious and wanted to play regularly, I can't stand those players that refuse to leave because of the wedge they're on.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: December 30, 2014, 09:07:33 am »
what exactly did Carra say?
Basically, that Shelvey leaving was more to do with application than ability.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: December 30, 2014, 09:13:47 am »
Something not right in the head with Shelvey I think.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #470 on: December 30, 2014, 12:21:17 pm »
Something not right in the head with Shelvey I think.

It's Alopecia mate.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #471 on: December 30, 2014, 01:28:48 pm »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #472 on: December 30, 2014, 02:02:30 pm »
So I didn't see the match last night, did Jonjo celebrate this time?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #473 on: December 30, 2014, 03:15:30 pm »
So I didn't see the match last night, did Jonjo celebrate this time?

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #474 on: December 30, 2014, 08:01:16 pm »
Basically, that Shelvey leaving was more to do with application than ability.

I think I remember reading Rodgers would have been happy for him to stay.

I guess that illustrates it perfectly. Rodgers happy for him to stay because he's got talent, but really not fussed if he did leave because he doesn't make the most of it.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: December 30, 2014, 10:21:31 pm »
Christ, Carra has been pretty blunt there. But you can't really disagree with him when faced with what we know - his concentration, which I guess is linked to discipline in a way, is shocking.

That clip before the own goal, I remember a lot of ire being directed at Johnson for his jokes with Ronaldo earlier in the season for example, but Shelvey is even worse there, looked a real fool.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #476 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:36 pm »
Christ, Carra has been pretty blunt there. But you can't really disagree with him when faced with what we know - his concentration, which I guess is linked to discipline in a way, is shocking.

That clip before the own goal, I remember a lot of ire being directed at Johnson for his jokes with Ronaldo earlier in the season for example, but Shelvey is even worse there, looked a real fool.

Bit harsh.

Lallana turned around to him and said "Troops b4 a sesh".
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #477 on: December 31, 2014, 04:11:27 pm »
4 Games huh, ouch

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #478 on: December 31, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »
4 Games huh, ouch

'cause he aint an important England national team player ;)
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: December 31, 2014, 05:30:25 pm »
4 Games huh, ouch

I thought that was harsh as fuck considering Cisse only got 3, but the extra game is due to Jonjo already having been sent off earlier in the season.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT