Author Topic: The FA Cup.  (Read 24084 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: The FA Cup.
« Reply #520 on: May 15, 2021, 07:29:39 pm »
Wow, that's what football is all about. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: May 15, 2021, 07:29:48 pm »
Boss that, for the first time in decades it felt like an actual proper FA Cup final.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #522 on: May 15, 2021, 07:29:58 pm »
Fucking amazing scenes there. That was lovely. I'm so, so happy they won. Fucking brilliant.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #523 on: May 15, 2021, 07:30:19 pm »
Nice to see their owner involved in the celebrations, has to be very emotional for him and his family.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #524 on: May 15, 2021, 07:30:32 pm »
That's great, really.

Hope Leicester celebrate hard for the next two weeks, they deserve it.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #525 on: May 15, 2021, 07:30:50 pm »
Aye, that's a nice one too.

It's no Vanarama Trophy :)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: May 15, 2021, 07:31:04 pm »
So it was handball for the goal? Don't want to see it ruled out but I thought that if you score after a handball it won't count?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #527 on: May 15, 2021, 07:31:28 pm »
Also, just seen Cengiz Under in the background. What's happened to him? He was suppose to be a big up and coming player. Has he been injured?
"Salahs in here......"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #528 on: May 15, 2021, 07:31:33 pm »
:lmao

That's a disgusting decision for a disgusting football club.
For me, it's onside. But with the rules as they are, and how they have been enforced this season, he's well off.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: May 15, 2021, 07:31:50 pm »
Funny as feck seeing the BBC camera moving at light speed from the 2 Leicester players celebrating holding a Palestinian flag:

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: May 15, 2021, 07:32:00 pm »
So it was handball for the goal? Don't want to see it ruled out but I thought that if you score after a handball it won't count?
Has to be be handball either by the goalscorer or player who assists it as far as I'm aware for that rule

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #531 on: May 15, 2021, 07:32:20 pm »
Boss that, for the first time in decades it felt like an actual proper FA Cup final.

A couple of years ago it was City V Watford final. It meant little to City but everything to Watford who got smashed. Even if Chelsea won, it's basically a warm up game for the CL final.

Football needs different winners.

Incidentally that's a PL title, an FA Cup, two League Cups (and won The Championship and League One titles) since the other lot in blue won shit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #532 on: May 15, 2021, 07:32:44 pm »
It was the late great Jock Stein who coined the phrase “football without fans is nothing”.

How right he was, and how this evening reinforced what we all knew.

Mancs claim it was Busby...
Believer

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #533 on: May 15, 2021, 07:32:50 pm »
Glad Chelsea lost. I just can’t believe I’m going to hoping they win the Champions league in a couple weeks. Sickening.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: May 15, 2021, 07:33:50 pm »
Get in Leicester. That's what football's all about.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #535 on: May 15, 2021, 07:34:04 pm »

The player that hit it didn't handball it

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #536 on: May 15, 2021, 07:34:07 pm »
Would be a non event - just like when they win the prem

the nice thing is as long as we get 4th I would be more than happy to laugh at either losing the CL (especially if Chelsea miss out on a CL place)
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #537 on: May 15, 2021, 07:34:30 pm »
Pisto mate, are you really being serious :)

100% JC  8) ....cos of the fucked up circs I felt we had to play the percentages this year....but this year only....next year..as you were, FA, Europa...even the fuckin Worthingtons would do me  :thumbup
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: May 15, 2021, 07:34:44 pm »
Has to be be handball either by the goalscorer or player who assists it as far as I'm aware for that rule

Salah's got ruled out against Tottenham for the ball hitting Firmino's hand 3 or 4 passes before, that's why I'm confused.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: May 15, 2021, 07:34:48 pm »

Only if it's Bobby Firmino
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #540 on: May 15, 2021, 07:35:08 pm »

Bobby had one ruled out where it was the pass before the assist.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: May 15, 2021, 07:35:17 pm »
For me, it's onside. But with the rules as they are, and how they have been enforced this season, he's well off.
In football terms, yeah, he's well on.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: May 15, 2021, 07:36:20 pm »
Salah's got ruled out against Tottenham for the ball hitting Firmino's hand 3 or 4 passes before, that's why I'm confused.

They’ve updated the rules since then...for the 4th or fifth time this season  ::)
Believer

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #543 on: May 15, 2021, 07:36:44 pm »
He was wearing a Liverpool shirt when he scored.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #544 on: May 15, 2021, 07:36:52 pm »
Mancs claim it was Busby...

Busby was a true great, and he played for LFC too.

But as usual, Utd. fans are wrong.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #545 on: May 15, 2021, 07:37:05 pm »

Video of Leicester fans celebrating Tielemans' goal - https://streamgg.com/ib/UrPXpRQHDh

^ great to have fans back
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #546 on: May 15, 2021, 07:37:20 pm »

They changed the rule because that ruling made everyone realise how fucking stupid it was

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #547 on: May 15, 2021, 07:37:56 pm »
They’ve updated the rules since then...for the 4th or fifth time this season  ::)

I think it's because the Leicester player, Perez(?), was defending the situation and didn't handle it in the build up to an attack

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: May 15, 2021, 07:38:33 pm »
Some proper weirdos in our fanbase who hate Rodgers and literally can't give him any credit for anything.

Move on with your lives ffs.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #549 on: May 15, 2021, 07:39:22 pm »
Some proper weirdos in our fanbase who hate Rodgers and literally can't give him any credit for anything.

Some proper weirdos in our fanbase full stop

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: May 15, 2021, 07:39:41 pm »
I think it's because the Leicester player, Perez(?), was defending the situation and didn't handle it in the build up to an attack

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/handball-rule-law-ifab-b1812991.html
Believer

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: May 15, 2021, 07:40:07 pm »
100% JC  8) ....cos of the fucked up circs I felt we had to play the percentages this year....but this year only....next year..as you were, FA, Europa...even the fuckin Worthingtons would do me  :thumbup
Hopefully its us this time next year mate  ;D 8)

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: May 15, 2021, 07:40:11 pm »

They changed the rule because that ruling made everyone realise how fucking stupid it was

Of course. Seems like something the footballing authorities would do without batting an eyelid.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #554 on: May 15, 2021, 07:41:11 pm »
"What does it mean to you Brendan?"

"Well, it's my 7th final and I've win them all"

:lmao

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: May 15, 2021, 07:42:01 pm »
Cheers, hadn't realized it was changed again  :o

No probs mate. Madness that they can just change the rules mid season
Believer

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #556 on: May 15, 2021, 07:42:16 pm »

Yup, as I said earlier, he's cemented his position as the best of the rest now.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #557 on: May 15, 2021, 07:42:18 pm »

Did his best, gave me some of the best memories I've got of watching us play, fell short in the end, has moved on and improved, and been nothing but respectful to us since being sacked.

Personally delighted to see him do well.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #558 on: May 15, 2021, 07:43:39 pm »
Video of Leicester fans celebrating Tielemans' goal - https://streamgg.com/ib/UrPXpRQHDh

^ great to have fans back
Beautiful, that.

Real shot in the arm for football today

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #559 on: May 15, 2021, 07:44:22 pm »
Did his best, gave me some of the best memories I've got of watching us play, fell short in the end, has moved on and improved, and been nothing but respectful to us since being sacked.

Personally delighted to see him do well.
I liked him when he was at Anfield and I still like him now. Your post pretty much covers how I perceive him too.

I'm chuffed he's won this today.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.