Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141236 times)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #920 on: December 28, 2010, 12:48:31 pm »
That headline for Sept 24th. Please tell me he didn't.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline swampy

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: December 28, 2010, 01:15:43 pm »
It's our Christmas Present: "The Bumper Book of Roy Quotes"
Its how we are going to get transfer money. Sell the book to the other clubs fans so they laugh at us and we pocket some cash for players as i wouldnt budget on tv or prize money for a while

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #923 on: December 28, 2010, 01:56:01 pm »
As for Roy Hodgson, I’d love to see him still in charge in five years time.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news//tm_headline=john-aldridge-reasons-to-be-cheerful-for-2011-but-liverpool-fc-revival-will-take-years%26method=full%26objectid=27894619%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

There is a bit of a caveat to that though in that if Hodgson is still at Liverpool in 5 years it will mean he has been a success - therefore Liverpool will have been successful.  Which is what the majority of people want

Don't see it to be honest

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: December 28, 2010, 01:56:58 pm »
why are so many of our ex players fucking morons?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #925 on: December 28, 2010, 02:08:49 pm »
Here is the squad of players Roy inherited in the middle of Inter's 1995/96 season.

Goalkeepers
Gianluca Pagliuca
Marco Landucci
Giorgio Frezzolini

Defenders

Giuseppe Bergomi
Javier Zanetti
Roberto Carlos
Salvatore Fresi
Felice Centofanti
Gianluca Festa
Alessandro Pistone
Massimo Paganin
Alessandro Pedroni

Midfielders

Andrea Seno
Francesco Dell'Anno
Paul Ince
Alessandro Bianchi
Nicola Berti
Antonio Manicone
Davide Fontolan

Attackers

Benito Carbone
Maurizio Ganz
Marco Branca
Marco Delvecchio
Caio
Sebastián Rambert

Interestingly, their top scoring midfielder was Ince with 3. I can't remember his 1995 Inter side but at a guess, I wonder if his midfield were too far away from the forwards to be effective goal scorers? R. Carlos got 5, but I'm sure most of those were Freekicks or scored from miles away!

Changes he made for 1996/97. This was his only full season in charge with Inter Milas. He was sacked the subsequent summer.

Goalkeepers
OUT
Marco Landucci
Giorgio Frezzolini
IN
Andrea Mazzantini
Armando Pantanelli

Defenders
OUT
Roberto Carlos
Felice Centofanti
Alessandro Pedroni
IN
Fabio Galante
Jocelyn Angloma
Massimo Tarantino
Matteo Ferrari

Midfielders

OUT
Andrea Seno
Francesco Dell'Anno
Alessandro Bianchi
Antonio Manicone
Davide Fontolan
IN
Youri Djorkaeff
Benito Carbone
Aron Winter
Ciriaco Sforza

Attackers

OUT
Marco Delvecchio
Caio
Sebastián Rambert
IN
Iván Zamorano
Nwankwo Kanu
Arturo Di Napoli

They also signed Ronaldo for a record fee from Barcelona. So despite pretty much signing a whole squad of players, including the world record transfer of the best striker I have seen in my generation, he still complained about the squad. Interesting!

The 1999 squad which he was caretaker manager of for some months was even more batshit crazy! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998%E2%80%9399_F.C._Internazionale_Milano_season

Cheers for this BabuYagu.

I've never been an avid follower of Italian football but the squad he inherited doesn't seem that bad.  And as you point out, he wasn't happy, virtually rebuilt it with some high profile players and still talked the team down!

This 35 years of 'experience' is built on even more fragile foundations than I thought - and I have always thought he was poor.

Like the English press take advantage of - if something is said often enough then people start to believe it.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #926 on: December 28, 2010, 02:12:25 pm »
why are so many of our ex players fucking morons?

I don't think he is.  He just wants Liverpool to be successful and if that means Roy being successful too, then so be it.  If we were top of the league then I'd cringe and accept his backward press conferences.

Problem is, Roy ain't got much to balance the scales with, which has every fan pissed off with his football and emphasised with the crap he spouts

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #927 on: December 28, 2010, 02:15:37 pm »
Cheers for this BabuYagu.

I've never been an avid follower of Italian football but the squad he inherited doesn't seem that bad.  And as you point out, he wasn't happy, virtually rebuilt it with some high profile players and still talked the team down!

This 35 years of 'experience' is built on even more fragile foundations than I thought - and I have always thought he was poor.

Like the English press take advantage of - if something is said often enough then people start to believe it.

You are very welcome Tommy.

I think one of the problems in the media is that people make statements and nobody verifies the truth behind them.... like when Hodgson said Liverpool were the second best team on form with only Manchester United or Arsenal ahead of them. That would have been a great oppertunity for them to post the form guide underneath clearly showing us in 11th.

For some reason the media seems unwilling to call him on his bullshit.

That Inter squad is another good example. He inherited a decent squad. Added to that no less that FOURTEEN players including the best player in the world, Ronaldo. He is sacked. He complains about the squad. Well given that you signed more than half of them, is it fair to say then you are complaining about your own ability in signing players? Or was it the other half that let you down? I don't get it.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #928 on: December 28, 2010, 02:35:19 pm »
You are very welcome Tommy.

I think one of the problems in the media is that people make statements and nobody verifies the truth behind them.... like when Hodgson said Liverpool were the second best team on form with only Manchester United or Arsenal ahead of them. That would have been a great oppertunity for them to post the form guide underneath clearly showing us in 11th.

For some reason the media seems unwilling to call him on his bullshit.

That Inter squad is another good example. He inherited a decent squad. Added to that no less that FOURTEEN players including the best player in the world, Ronaldo. He is sacked. He complains about the squad. Well given that you signed more than half of them, is it fair to say then you are complaining about your own ability in signing players? Or was it the other half that let you down? I don't get it.

Probably because he's English.  Benitez came out with the odd clanger but was always taken to the cleaners from every angle possible.

I remember the newspaper comparisons with Benitez and they had played different amounts of games.

Baffles me why people on here still believe that he can turn things around given this dereditory 35 year record of his

Offline swampy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #929 on: December 28, 2010, 02:38:13 pm »
Or did I miss him tearing up a storm when the money was Provided for FT and JM?
Thats bullshit. The money for Torres and Masch came principally from money Rafa raised from acquiring players and selling for more than he paid for, so he could reinvest that money in the team. He lost on a couple but players like Bellamy, crouch, garcia alonso etc generated profits that allowed us to improve as firstly Moores didnt have much and those two liars had even less. Rafa's concern was how the debt that wasnt meant to be on the club was loaded on the club to be serviced by the club that would make it harder for the club to compete and get the signings we needed to push ahead and retake top spot. Anyone who realises the agony of 2nd 2 years ago knows that Rafa wasnt sitting back saying we're fine now, he was looking to improve the side as we were that close to getting there but the knobs and purslow f**ked it up as we had net profits in each subsequent window/season. Yes rafa was interested in what he had to spend because he knew a little bit of investment rather than repaying a debt we werent meant to have would have meant a title we desperately wanted and perhaps the retirement of SAF who would give up in his quest to knock us off as it would mean a dominant LFC and 3 more titles for him to get. That opportunity cost of not winning looks like it may cost us this year and possibley for another 5yrs or so until we sort this shit out. Your post is boardering on deceitful.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #930 on: December 28, 2010, 02:39:26 pm »
Rafa only cared about how much he had to spend, like all! managers do. Or did I miss him tearing up a storm when the money was Provided for FT and JM?

Load of shite, we had to get rid of Bellamy and Crouch just to have enough for Torres.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #931 on: December 28, 2010, 02:52:15 pm »
Load of shite, we had to get rid of Bellamy and Crouch just to have enough for Torres.

Just Bellamy wasn't it?
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #932 on: December 28, 2010, 02:53:15 pm »
Just Bellamy wasn't it?

I defer to your superior memory. Bellamy and Torres would have made for a fantastic partnership.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: December 28, 2010, 02:53:58 pm »
Roy on Wolverhampton Wanderers:

"They are bottom of the league but between position seven and eight and position 20 the points difference is not that great," he said.

"I don't really think you can clearly say at the moment, 'These are the bottom teams.' This congestion in the league means we have to be very careful when playing games because you might be playing the bottom team but in three weeks they might be eighth.

"We know what they can do, we know they'll be scrapping for their lives. They have got a very educated and well-disciplined system.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: December 28, 2010, 03:16:54 pm »
how and when did Chopper become the biggest revisionist bullshitter since.......well xerxes and breitner?? amazing how some of these clowns think that no one else watches the games, reads the actual quotes made by the manager (or ex-manager), etc. when they absolutely just fabricate information to rewrite things that happend not even 2 years ago.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: December 28, 2010, 03:44:32 pm »
Thats bullshit. The money for Torres and Masch came principally from money Rafa raised from acquiring players and selling for more than he paid for,
My recollection was that the fee for Torres was added to the debt at the time of the purchase of the club by H&G? I could be wrong?

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: December 28, 2010, 03:47:52 pm »
how and when did Chopper become the biggest revisionist bullshitter since.......well xerxes and breitner?? amazing how some of these clowns think that no one else watches the games, reads the actual quotes made by the manager (or ex-manager), etc. when they absolutely just fabricate information to rewrite things that happend not even 2 years ago.

Even more amazing is how people STILL call people with different opinions to their own names as if to prove some sort of point?
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #937 on: December 28, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »
They both got off because they wanted to, in fact, it was because they weren't getting a look in from the manager. If the truth be known.

As for the rest, if you read from where I joined this joke of a thread, you'll understand my point of view; if he was given money would he have taken the board on? No would be my answer, so he would of been quiet and said nothing, and if you don't like that assumption, then don't mention or quote it, it's that simple.

PS, I love Karl Marx.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: December 28, 2010, 04:09:02 pm »
My recollection was that the fee for Torres was added to the debt at the time of the purchase of the club by H&G? I could be wrong?
John, he got the money. If he got it by selling players then thats football, as you and I well know. If the board had taken out extra loans against the club to give him a larger transfer kitty to bolster the team, do you think he would of said anything about where the money come from just as long as he got it? I don't think he would and I doubt any manager would of, just as long as they get what they think is enough money.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: December 28, 2010, 04:19:10 pm »
They both got off because they wanted to, in fact, it was because they weren't getting a look in from the manager. If the truth be known.

As for the rest, if you read from where I joined this joke of a thread, you'll understand my point of view; if he was given money would he have taken the board on? No would be my answer, so he would of been quiet and said nothing, and if you don't like that assumption, then don't mention or quote it, it's that simple.

PS, I love Karl Marx.

And, in true chopper 'style'

...If my auntie had bollocks she'd be me uncle. ;)

Had the owners had plenty of dough, we wouldn't have been fucked so it's a moot point, no?
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: December 28, 2010, 04:21:01 pm »
John, he got the money. If he got it by selling players then thats football, as you and I well know. If the board had taken out extra loans against the club to give him a larger transfer kitty to bolster the team, do you think he would of said anything about where the money come from just as long as he got it? I don't think he would and I doubt any manager would of, just as long as they get what they think is enough money.
How much revenue did Rafa earn the club in his time here? My point being he brought the money in via the CL success stories, I'm not surprised he felt entitled to spend it.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #941 on: December 28, 2010, 04:23:33 pm »

PS, I love Karl Marx.

I prefer Groucho and Harpo myself Chopper!

Ok you are right Bellamy was an internal decision to sell after the the Golf Club incident which for me being welsh letting him go was a tragedy but inevitable.

Crouch left after FT arrived they could not gel together ( ironically in Roy's 4-4-2 they may have)  and Crouch wanted first team football and Pompey came in for him, however Irony upon Irony he then later moves to Spurs to sit on the bench again ( motivated by money perhaps?)

Neither were totally down to the manager or perhaps even remotely, events forced his hand with both, and don't forget Rafa stood by Crouch while perhaps you and others wondered why for the first 17 games was it?

Do you think if the truth is out there Crouch owed Rafa some loyalty?

Rafa would have taken on the board nevertheless, he was and is far too principled to allow the club to rot while he gets his wishes given, in my opinion! The money was a good place to hang his coat on as a symptom of a bigger problem!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 04:29:19 pm by geoffstrong »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #942 on: December 28, 2010, 04:41:34 pm »
Probably because he's English.  Benitez came out with the odd clanger but was always taken to the cleaners from every angle possible.

I remember the newspaper comparisons with Benitez and they had played different amounts of games.

Baffles me why people on here still believe that he can turn things around given this dereditory 35 year record of his

The truth is.... I am even more afriad if he succeeds here as to do so would mean we have become a modern day Wimbledon. Succeeding with underdog tactics and packing the squad with as many big brutes as possible. The style Hodgson knows (and he admits, he isn't going to change) can only succeed this way. It would just hurt to watch us become that. I just can't see an upside anymore of him hanging around here any longer.

January will be a worry also because we either sign players nobody wants to see here but which suit Roy's game, like Carlton Cole or Zamora. Or we sign players we want to see but which Roy cannot (or will not) use, like Eden Hazard or Honda. Either way it seems money spent will be money wasted, unless we buy just youth players.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #943 on: December 28, 2010, 04:45:12 pm »
Got to say I think Bellamy's cards were marked the day he attacked a team mate with a golf club. If they weren't they should have been. I'd like to think that's not the sort of behaviour that our club tolerates from it's employees.
I'm a believer.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: December 28, 2010, 04:49:56 pm »
Meanwhile Chopper again has succeeded from taking this thread away from its focus namely Roy's quotes and not the history of LFC the Benitez Era as rewritten by you know who and which can be found in the fiction area of the bookshop!!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: December 28, 2010, 04:54:58 pm »
I think you'll find i joined this thread when it was way off topic anyway, if you can be arsed looking that is.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #946 on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:54 pm »
That's simply untrue in the case of Bellamy mate.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: December 28, 2010, 05:00:36 pm »
Either way he had to go, you can't go around twatting your team mates.
psn = Lents123

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #948 on: December 28, 2010, 05:02:39 pm »
Either way he had to go, you can't go around twatting your team mates.
I agree, but Chopper clearly stated he wanted to go, which is incorrect.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #949 on: December 28, 2010, 05:10:01 pm »
I agree, but Chopper clearly stated he wanted to go, which is incorrect.
Surprise there. Not.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: December 28, 2010, 05:11:15 pm »
I think you'll find i joined this thread when it was way off topic anyway, if you can be arsed looking that is.

lets just go with you endlessly stoking the fire then with innuendos and an inspired imagination, as I said hours ago unless Roy is making a quote about Rafa all reference to Rafa in this thread is a deviation from the topic!

So what do you think about Roy's quotes then?

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: December 28, 2010, 05:16:30 pm »
http://sport.uk.msn.com/football/news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=155697435
Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson is backing a "fitter" and "stronger" Fernando Torres to put a nightmare first half of the season behind him, declaring that the striker is about to "explode".

The Spaniard has endured a torrid five months, finding the net five times in 18 appearances. Torres' form looked to have turned the corner in November when his terrific double handed Liverpool an encouraging win over Chelsea but the 26-year-old is without a goal in four games.

However, Hodgson, who has always backed his star striker, expects the Spain international to return to the form that made him one of the most feared forwards in Europe.

"Fernando is getting stronger, fitter and more confident," he said in the Sun. "All he needs is a goal or two and then he'll explode.

"I watch him in training every day and he works very hard, but he's a front player and they play on unbelievably tight margins. All he needs is a couple of goals or a couple of good performances and you will see the Fernando Torres of old."

"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: December 28, 2010, 05:16:50 pm »
lets just go with you endlessly stoking the fire then with innuendos and an inspired imagination, as I said hours ago unless Roy is making a quote about Rafa all reference to Rafa in this thread is a deviation from the topic!

A lot of Roy's quotes are so micro-analysed by people desperate to find fault in them (see the ayala thread for most recent evidence) that it's just impossible to take anything said about him on RAWK seriously by 90% of posters.
psn = Lents123

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #953 on: December 28, 2010, 05:20:43 pm »
The truth is.... I am even more afriad if he succeeds here as to do so would mean we have become a modern day Wimbledon. Succeeding with underdog tactics and packing the squad with as many big brutes as possible. The style Hodgson knows (and he admits, he isn't going to change) can only succeed this way. It would just hurt to watch us become that. I just can't see an upside anymore of him hanging around here any longer.

January will be a worry also because we either sign players nobody wants to see here but which suit Roy's game, like Carlton Cole or Zamora. Or we sign players we want to see but which Roy cannot (or will not) use, like Eden Hazard or Honda. Either way it seems money spent will be money wasted, unless we buy just youth players.

As much as I'd have loved him to succeed which would have meant we'd have succeeded it was never on the cards. Dull, one dimensional tactician who will take no blame for his wrong doings.

I think your latter point will be closer to what happens. He can't be given money to spend. If he does we are further in the mire.

The mans quotes are enough for NESV to be aware of what he's about. Add the majority of his signings, his past record of success and more importantly the current state of affairs at the club and it is clear that it's just a matter of time.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: December 28, 2010, 05:21:06 pm »
A lot of Roy's quotes are so micro-analysed by people desperate to find fault in them (see the ayala thread for most recent evidence) that it's just impossible to take anything said about him on RAWK seriously by 90% of posters.
The Ayala thing is pure ridiculous though. I don't mind him saying that in public nor complaining if they have messed up his injury but complaining that they kept him till the end of his proposed time there is stupid.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: December 28, 2010, 05:22:57 pm »
I think you'll find he fell out with the manager after what went on and wanted to go as he had no future at the club. The club he loved, the manager he didn't and that I know from a very good source. To be fair though, he's always had controversy where ever he has gone.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: December 28, 2010, 05:26:51 pm »

He talks some puzzling stuff, but then again I don't really read the press that much. Though I have just caught a thread on here where he has defended the welfare of one of our loan players and he gets ragged for it. More puzzling than the quotes itself if we are to be honest about, don't you think?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: December 28, 2010, 05:28:24 pm »

come on Lents micro-analyse Stevie Wonder could do it!
I agree with  the Ayala thread ( why did it even need a thread?) and see nothing wrong with what Roy said, except he didnt need to make such a hoohah about it in the media! Simple action is Hull do not get another player on loan again! 

Offline topcorner2345

• Main Stander
  • You Get Me !
« Reply #958 on: December 28, 2010, 05:29:28 pm »
6 months yeh still waiting for a pearl of wisdom which comes with 35 years of management

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: December 28, 2010, 05:31:05 pm »
He talks some puzzling stuff, but then again I don't really read the press that much. Though I have just caught a thread on here where he has defended the welfare of one of our loan players and he gets ragged for it. More puzzling than the quotes itself if we are to be honest about, don't you think?

On that one you are right but may i suggest go back to the OP for a better picture of the problem!