Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141527 times)

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #760 on: December 27, 2010, 01:47:32 pm »
is this thread purely set up to bash the manager of liverpool fc?

hodgson inherited a squad that could only finish 7th last season.  on top of that, 3 of that squad (mascherano, benayoun, riera) were already on their way out of the door before hodgson could have his 1st competitive game, further weakening that 7th placed squad.

in roys only transfer window, he was give a negative transfer spend

wouldn't it be fair if we gave our new manager 1 full season in charge and then judged him at the end of the season and see whether he can improve on our 7th place finish of last season, despite that negative transfer spend?

if roy could improve on 7th, despite a negative transfer spend, and despite our own fans not backing or supporting him, then surely he will have proved his worth?

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: December 27, 2010, 01:54:20 pm »

hodgson inherited a squad that could only finish 7th last season.  on top of that, 3 of that squad (mascherano, benayoun, riera) were already on their way out of the door before hodgson could have his 1st competitive game, further weakening that 7th placed squad.

wouldn't it be fair if we gave our new manager 1 full season in charge and then judged him at the end of the season and see whether he can improve on our 7th place finish of last season, despite that negative transfer spend?

if roy could improve on 7th, despite a negative transfer spend, and despite our own fans not backing or supporting him, then surely he will have proved his worth?

What's that got to do with the nonsense he spouts?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline therockbox

• Legacy Fan
  • Funklord
« Reply #762 on: December 27, 2010, 01:54:43 pm »
hodgson inherited a squad that could only finish 7th last season.
During a season riddled with injuries and all the off-field nonsense coming to a head, we finished 7 points off fourth.

We may have finished 7th last season but it wasn't a 7th placed squad.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: December 27, 2010, 01:59:11 pm »

Hey Mister Taliman tali mi banana..

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: December 27, 2010, 02:00:30 pm »
What's that got to do with the nonsense he spouts?

there are plenty of comments not directly related to roys comments on this thread so why pick on mine?

is their a more appropriate topic that you could point me towards defending our manager on?

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: December 27, 2010, 02:02:58 pm »

there are plenty of comments not directly related to roys comments on this thread so why pick on mine?

is their a more appropriate topic that you could point me towards defending our manager on?

Try paddy barclays page?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #766 on: December 27, 2010, 02:03:29 pm »
If thats the case, he inherited 90% of the same squad that nearly won the league just a year before. Sort of works both ways.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 27, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »
During a season riddled with injuries and all the off-field nonsense coming to a head, we finished 7 points off fourth.

We may have finished 7th last season but it wasn't a 7th placed squad.

well hodgson has had injuries to key players like gerrard, torres, cole, agger, johnson, carragher etc.  its all part of the game, its pointless making excuses about it really, rafa had 6 years to build a squad to cope with that, what he left behind for hodgson was a 7th placed squad minus mascherano, benayoun, and riera.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: December 27, 2010, 02:06:42 pm »
what he left behind for hodgson was a 7th placed squad minus mascherano, benayoun, and riera.

Did he leave behind a script full of whiny, self serving quotes and a list of people other than yourself you can blame for every single fuck up you make too?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: December 27, 2010, 02:07:40 pm »
Try paddy barclays page?

are you sure its ok for me to post in that one?  there won't be people getting all snotty in that one for supporting the manager of our football club will there?

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: December 27, 2010, 02:08:43 pm »
Did he leave behind a script full of whiny, self serving quotes and a list of people other than yourself you can blame for every single fuck up you make too?

did who?   rafa?

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 27, 2010, 02:09:14 pm »

well hodgson has had injuries to key players like gerrard, torres, cole, agger, johnson, carragher etc.  its all part of the game, its pointless making excuses about it really, rafa had 6 years to build a squad to cope with that, what he left behind for hodgson was a 7th placed squad minus mascherano, benayoun, and riera.

You're just trying to get this thread locked arn't you?

Hodgson has said or done nothing to show he is worthy of the being manager of this club.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #772 on: December 27, 2010, 02:09:31 pm »
are you sure its ok for me to post in that one?  there won't be people getting all snotty in that one for supporting the manager of our football club will there?
Not if you're ding it for the right reasons. Defending our current manager in order to slate our previous manager is pretty obviously the route you'll go down though, which is a shame.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: December 27, 2010, 02:10:54 pm »

did who?   rafa?

Obviously, since you mentioned what Rafa left behind was it Rafa who left behind the script for all these whiny, classless interviews where the Imposter blames everyone but himself for everything that goes wrong, alienates players, attacks fans etc, etc?
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline olsen_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • Vygotskijs unwanted child
« Reply #774 on: December 27, 2010, 02:11:18 pm »

well rafa had two seasons with negative spend and he got the sack. it´s no excuse.
Henderson will dance and sing as Mr. Kuyt flies through the ring, don´t be late  :D

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 27, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »
You're just trying to get this thread locked arn't you?

Hodgson has said or done nothing to show he is worthy of the being manager of this club.

don't be daft, i thought this was an appropriate place to defend roy because he seemed to be getting slated in here.  now i realise i was wrong because this topics purely about people looking at roy hodgsons quotes and looking to nit-pik and absoloutely slaughter the man for every little thing he says and use him as a scapegoat for the last 18 months of poor performance on the pitch.

with regards to roys quotes, i got to confess that he is not helping himself at times but the witchhunt from our own fans is getting ridiculous

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #776 on: December 27, 2010, 02:17:08 pm »

don't be daft, i thought this was an appropriate place to defend roy because he seemed to be getting slated in here.  now i realise i was wrong because this topics purely about people looking at roy hodgsons quotes and looking to nit-pik and absoloutely slaughter the man for every little thing he says and use him as a scapegoat for the last 18 months of poor performance on the pitch.

with regards to roys quotes, i got to confess that he is not helping himself at times but the witchhunt from our own fans is getting ridiculous
So you defended our manager to the hilt last season then, right?

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: December 27, 2010, 02:17:29 pm »

Roy inherted a squad that finished 7th because of inujuries no team could cope with. Players like Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano, Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio were out for big amounts of last season. Even with that horrendus injury record we have been in the race for 4th till the very end. He also decided to loan out one promising player in Aquilani and replace him with Poulsen (I think I don't have to say much more about him) and Insua to replace him with Konchesky at the cost of 3 million and two good young players. He also brought in Joe Cole (I hope he'll finally show some improvement). The only reat singning was Mereiles (and nobody knows if it really was Roy's signing).

It's not only the results, it's his behaviour. In every interview he says that he hasn't changed and will not change his methods. 

The point is, he was appointed to improve things. A negative goal difference, 22 points and a style of play nobody wants to see speak for itself I think. He simply isn't good enought. End of.
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 27, 2010, 02:17:38 pm »
Not if you're ding it for the right reasons. Defending our current manager in order to slate our previous manager is pretty obviously the route you'll go down though, which is a shame.

strange, because it seems like its acceptable to slate our current manager in order to defend our old manager?

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 27, 2010, 02:18:22 pm »
If roy put as much effort into winning games as he does making excuses, we would have won the league by now.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: December 27, 2010, 02:19:43 pm »
So you defended our manager to the hilt last season then, right?

no, i was fed up after the long run of horrific away performances and the 17 defeats last season but at the end of the season when i took everything into consideration, i posted that rafa deserved another season in charge.

i certaintly didn't rip benitez to pieces after 6 months in charge.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 27, 2010, 02:20:45 pm »
well rafa had two seasons with negative spend and he got the sack. it´s no excuse.

thats why i'm sayin it would be fair to judge roy on whether he can improve on 7th with another negative spend

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 27, 2010, 02:22:27 pm »
Obviously, since you mentioned what Rafa left behind was it Rafa who left behind the script for all these whiny, classless interviews where the Imposter blames everyone but himself for everything that goes wrong, alienates players, attacks fans etc, etc?

sorry, i thought you ment the whiney excuses that members of rawk were making for rafa.

you did just mention alienating players didn't you?

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: December 27, 2010, 02:23:23 pm »
no, i was fed up after the long run of horrific away performances and the 17 defeats last season but at the end of the season when i took everything into consideration, i posted that rafa deserved another season in charge.

i certaintly didn't rip benitez to pieces after 6 months in charge.
Have you seen Hodgson's away record?

Offline olsen_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • Vygotskijs unwanted child
« Reply #784 on: December 27, 2010, 02:24:42 pm »

thats why i'm sayin it would be fair to judge roy on whether he can improve on 7th with another negative spend

does it look that way? plus if you read all off his comments you probably would agree that his activities in the press is not up to the standard we deserve.
Henderson will dance and sing as Mr. Kuyt flies through the ring, don´t be late  :D

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #785 on: December 27, 2010, 02:25:44 pm »

Once again you are derailing a thread, it's about Hodgson's quotes. There's absolutely no need to start comparing Rafa and Roy in this thread so for fuck sake leave it alone will ya before you get another thread locked.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: December 27, 2010, 02:26:00 pm »
Have you seen Hodgson's away record?

did you see our away record in all competitions last year, it was absoloutely atrocious. 

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #787 on: December 27, 2010, 02:26:22 pm »

If I remember correctly, Hodgson was in consultation with the club re the purchase of Joe Cole, so if he felt strongly about Riera and Benayoun, leaving he could have put his foot down.

Mascherano left long after he had a chance to work with Roy close up.

The team he inherited finished the negative spend previous season with a very disappointing 63 points. He's added, or agreed to the adding of, Cole, Raul, Poulsen, and Konchesky and the removal of Insua and Aquilani.

He's able to play his strongest, rested, team in the premiership as he doesn't need to worry about playing in the champions league mid week. He should be smashing that 63 point haul. Instead we have a negative goal difference at Christmas.

He came to the club claiming that he didn't need to spend as he can get the existing players performing better (Definitely hasn't worked with the forward line).

If a babysitter came in and laid a kid face down in the bathwater, I'd not be inclined to give her the whole 5hrs before asking her to move on.

The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 27, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »
Once again you are derailing a thread, it's about Hodgson's quotes. There's absolutely no need to start comparing Rafa and Roy in this thread so for fuck sake leave it alone will ya before you get another thread locked.

fair enough, i apologise for that, i don't want to de-rail the thread or get it locked for that matter.

i'll find a thread thats more appropriate for supporting our manager in.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 27, 2010, 02:29:28 pm »
Show me where roy has defended the club and it's players, where he shown any ambition.
Explain to me how he is trying to unite the fanbase into getting behind him and the team.
Show me how continually deflecting blame and alienating players is good for the future of the club.

Give me one redeeming feature of his management so far.....

Why should i get behind a man who couldn't give a shit about us.

roy out.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: December 27, 2010, 02:30:52 pm »
If I remember correctly, Hodgson was in consultation with the club re the purchase of Joe Cole, so if he felt strongly about Riera and Benayoun, leaving he could have put his foot down.

Mascherano left long after he had a chance to work with Roy close up.

The team he inherited finished the negative spend previous season with a very disappointing 63 points. He's added, or agreed to the adding of, Cole, Raul, Poulsen, and Konchesky and the removal of Insua and Aquilani.

He's able to play his strongest, rested, team in the premiership as he doesn't need to worry about playing in the champions league mid week. He should be smashing that 63 point haul. Instead we have a negative goal difference at Christmas.

He came to the club claiming that he didn't need to spend as he can get the existing players performing better (Definitely hasn't worked with the forward line).

If a babysitter came in and laid a kid face down in the bathwater, I'd not be inclined to give her the whole 5hrs before asking her to move on.

why spoil a good post with a last line like that.

i'll find a more appropriate thread to have this discussion in.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: December 27, 2010, 02:30:55 pm »

did you see our away record in all competitions last year, it was absoloutely atrocious. 

You must be made up with the improvement then eh?

Especially when comparing the 2 seasons . As far as Europe is concerned, one was in the Champions League/Europa League and the other in just the Europa League.

The fact that we have fewer points this season, are lower in the league,have lost more games at this stage than last, scored fewer goals and conceded more......well you must have your hand down your kecks just studying that league table every week.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: December 27, 2010, 02:31:44 pm »

First of all, Mascherano played under Roy so that has nothing to do with Rafa. Secondly we finished 7th because of a ridiculous amount of injuries, off field distractions and a few wussy players. Thirdly Roy has brought shockingly. And lastly we will not finish anywhere near seventh the way we are playing.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Ronnie1932

• Feels like John Holmes.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #793 on: December 27, 2010, 02:33:19 pm »

fair enough, i apologise for that, i don't want to de-rail the thread or get it locked for that matter.

i'll find a thread thats more appropriate for supporting our manager in.

Why don't you start one, you clearly defend( support him) so it will probably turn into a strongly debated thread, or maybe one that shatters the current RAWK record for bannings from one thread.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: December 27, 2010, 02:36:00 pm »
You must be made up with the improvement then eh?

Especially when comparing the 2 seasons . As far as Europe is concerned, one was in the Champions League/Europa League and the other in just the Europa League.

The fact that we have fewer points this season, are lower in the league,have lost more games at this stage than last, scored fewer goals and conceded more......well you must have your hand down your kecks just studying that league table every week.

i'm not made up with it, with another negative spend, i didn't expect anything to significantly change, thats why that 7th place is uch a good barrometer despite mascherano, benayoun, and riera also being determined to leave the squad.

my whole point is saying judge roy in may and not in january.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #795 on: December 27, 2010, 02:38:24 pm »
Our away form was indeed poor last season. Which is why I remain baffled and angry that the solution Cecil had for it was to appoint a manager with one of the worst away records in the history of the Premier League. Cosmic.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: December 27, 2010, 02:38:48 pm »
First of all, Mascherano played under Roy so that has nothing to do with Rafa. Secondly we finished 7th because of a ridiculous amount of injuries, off field distractions and a few wussy players. Thirdly Roy has brought shockingly. And lastly we will not finish anywhere near seventh the way we are playing.

seems like you got your rafa excuses already line up there.

i've never once said mascherano left because of rafa, mascherano was leaving for family / climate reasons, we all know that, regardless of who the manager was gonna be.

my point was that hodgson never had the benefit of a world class midfielder like mascherano where as benitez obviously did.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: December 27, 2010, 02:40:51 pm »

i'm not made up with it, with another negative spend, i didn't expect anything to significantly change, thats why that 7th place is uch a good barrometer despite mascherano, benayoun, and riera also being determined to leave the squad.

But in this thread we are judging what roy says (as we are entitled considering he is our manager) and virtually everything that comes out his overactive gob is shite.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: December 27, 2010, 02:41:10 pm »

So you are calling for a manager to be judged over 10 months rather than 7?

Is that like judging a manager over 6 years rather than 1?
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: December 27, 2010, 02:41:16 pm »
seems like you got your rafa excuses already line up there.
Except they are all genuine reasons.

"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob