Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141232 times)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #1000 on: December 29, 2010, 01:18:07 am »
There are some clangers here but actually, for me, this was one he dealt with quite well. What Ferguson loves most is an irrational reaction. I'm afraid that's exactly what Rafa produced with his ridiculous piece of paper routine in January 2009.

Really?

personally i prefer confrontation to brown nosing myself but different strokes I suppose!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1001 on: December 29, 2010, 01:21:35 am »
There are some clangers here but actually, for me, this was one he dealt with quite well. What Ferguson loves most is an irrational reaction. I'm afraid that's exactly what Rafa produced with his ridiculous piece of paper routine in January 2009.
It was calm, reasoned, factually correct and far, far from ridiculous.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1002 on: December 29, 2010, 02:17:55 am »

Dealt with quite well? He went head hunting our lads after the Northampton debacle before he responded to Vimto Nose's comments regarding Torres (which was 24 hours later).

I'd say it was handled badly, but that's just me.

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1003 on: December 29, 2010, 03:17:41 am »
He's insulted/had a go at the fans of his own club five times now - doing an interview for a hated paper probably isn't something he'd be bothered about. I'm sure in the past he has done many interviews with them and, indeed, almost certainly has friends that work there. He seems in the dark about a lot of the tradition and expectations at the club. Why not one more? Be disappointing if he had. Very disappointing. But not a huge surprise. He clearly doesn't see himself as 'Liverpool Manager' - it's just another random stepping stone for his CV IMO.
Mate, thankfully, it wasn't the case.
The filthy paper reproduced it from here: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/why-2011-can-be-better
Rafa Benitez: "Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Jewel: "Live your life with love and bravery, and you shall lead a life uncommon"

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1004 on: December 29, 2010, 03:20:05 am »
Hmmm... I wonder if you would like to watch a vid of the press conference yourself mate, and then coming back here to comment, instead of taking Sky as the Lost Gospel?
Rafa Benitez: "Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Jewel: "Live your life with love and bravery, and you shall lead a life uncommon"

Offline Jocko

• Anny Roader
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1005 on: December 29, 2010, 08:44:41 am »
His quotes on Gerrard's leadership skills have pushed me over the edge. He talks about how leaders are hard to find now and compares Gerrard to great leaders of the past from eh..... Spurs and Arsenal.

Does he think we give a shit about Tony Adams, Dave Mackay etc. It's beyond belief. If he wanted to compare Gerrard to true leaders he only had to mention Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Tommy Smith, Phil Neal, Tommo, Jimmy Case and more recently Hamman, Hyppia.

It must be deliberate on Roy's part. He must be thinking I need the fans to get a perspective on other Clubs and not have this 'we are special scouse attitude', there can be no other reason.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1006 on: December 29, 2010, 10:37:18 am »
His quotes on Gerrard's leadership skills have pushed me over the edge. He talks about how leaders are hard to find now and compares Gerrard to great leaders of the past from eh..... Spurs and Arsenal.

Does he think we give a shit about Tony Adams, Dave Mackay etc. It's beyond belief. If he wanted to compare Gerrard to true leaders he only had to mention Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Tommy Smith, Phil Neal, Tommo, Jimmy Case and more recently Hamman, Hyppia are.

It must be deliberate on Roy's part. He must be thinking I need the fans to get a perspective on other Clubs and not have this 'we are special scouse attitude', there can be no other reason.

Being a London boy he probably remembers more of London teams players. Maybe he has no clue who Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Tommy Smith, Phil Neal, Tommo, Jimmy Case and more recently Hamman, Hyppia. I can't imagine he would have seen any of them on a scouting trip as none of them like to play up and under hoof ball.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1007 on: December 29, 2010, 11:43:07 am »
Hmmm... I wonder if you would like to watch a vid of the press conference yourself mate, and then coming back here to comment, instead of taking Sky as the Lost Gospel?

Oh dear. Thankfully I was able to form my opinion at the time all on my own. I don't subscribe to Sky, never have and never will. So how about getting your 'facts' straight before making assumptions?

He got himself into a mess with this by implying that Ferguson gets special treatment from the FA but then acknowledging that he had  been fined and banned from the touchline for 2 matches.

Going on about how United could be nervous because we were top in January was classless and stank of smalltime thinking.

And this just made him look like he was fixated on United:

I have decided that I had a lot of information and I have been watching every single week what has been going on. Then they started talking about us, but every single week we know they will be talking. But we want to stay at the top and maybe they will talk about us right to the end.

For me it piled a load of pressure on the players when we should have just been going about our business on the pitch
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:45:17 am by gregorio »
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1008 on: December 29, 2010, 11:59:45 am »
Seem to remember Bellamy speaking pretty highly of Rafa after he left.

Something along the lines of saying "he's the best manager I've ever worked under" and "he learnt a hell of a lot in the time he had with us"

Pretty sure Bellamy was told from the outset that he was only here because we didn't have the coin to go after David Villa, too.

He called him a fucking genius after the Chelsea second leg too, which was just days after he'd supposedly slated him in an interview.

And I'm glad Roy didn't speak to THAT rag. However stupid he can be, his wife's a Scouser (isn't she) and he's got more sense than to do that.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:01:38 pm by jeffiner1892 »
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1009 on: December 29, 2010, 12:02:40 pm »
He called him a fucking genius after the Chelsea second leg too, which was just days after he'd supposedly slated him in an interview.

And I'm glad Roy didn't speak to THAT rag. However stupid he can be, his wife's a Scouser (isn't she) and he's got more sense than to do that.
Anyone got any links to Bellamy praising Benitez?
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #1010 on: December 29, 2010, 12:04:45 pm »
Anyone got any links to Bellamy praising Benitez?

Unless you can find a link to that game I can't find him saying it but you can clearly see it in the after match scenes of that game, I remember commenting on it in the after match thread at the time as well.
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: December 29, 2010, 12:11:05 pm »
Unless you can find a link to that game I can't find him saying it but you can clearly see it in the after match scenes of that game, I remember commenting on it in the after match thread at the time as well.
I'll keep looking. I found one after us beating Barca with Bellamy saying "Tactically, the boss is unbelieveable."

Edit: I've found another one if anyone's interested http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6605145.stm
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:17:39 pm by lankyguy007 »
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1012 on: December 29, 2010, 12:18:00 pm »
Oh dear. Thankfully I was able to form my opinion at the time all on my own. I don't subscribe to Sky, never have and never will. So how about getting your 'facts' straight before making assumptions?

He got himself into a mess with this by implying that Ferguson gets special treatment from the FA but then acknowledging that he had  been fined and banned from the touchline for 2 matches.

Going on about how United could be nervous because we were top in January was classless and stank of smalltime thinking.

I have decided that I had a lot of information and I have been watching every single week what has been going on. Then they started talking about us, but every single week we know they will be talking. But we want to stay at the top and maybe they will talk about us right to the end.

For me it piled a load of pressure on the players when we should have just been going about our business on the pitch

However many people at the sharp end of the game , current managers, ex refs, ex pro's, all thanked him for telling it as it was and not bowing down to the juggernaut Ferguson and allowing him to roll over us and the F.A. For me whether you think he was right or wrong it made me proud to see that our manager would not roll over and allow this Scottish bully to tickle his tummy.

You have to remember when he made this speech we lived in an age where the media were in awe of only one manager everyone else is fair game, for reference try Alan Green's book, you also have to remember he was diverting some flak heading towards his captain as we later found out, this again says more about the man that is Rafa. and why he held in somewhat more esteem than you appear to have for him.

He put himself in the frame to be shot down by the very press you are mimicking with your post, as your post lacks fact and is somewhat made up with suppositions created in hindsight, for example had we scored in the last minute and not hit the post, this so called rant would have had no significance as a media stick to beat him with and for the gullible in our fanbase to latch on to and it appears some in our fanbase are still just as gullible today!

Compare that to Roy's fawning words of praise for Mr Ferguson and his inability to challenge his slur on Nando until days later when I believe somebody higher in the club told him to respond rather than his willingness to comment against his good friend Alex.

So one took Alex on and challenged his bullying practices, and one sucked up to him,  guess which one made me feel proud to support this club?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1013 on: December 29, 2010, 12:30:51 pm »

My God.
Red: What mess exactly are you talking about? You conveniently 'forget' to include his comment about Ferguson escaping a number of other incident, which you can clearly, I repeat, clearly, see if you watched the video of the press conf. And if I might add, Ferguson has been reprimanded 16 times since EPL begun, but has only suffered two touchline bans. Your picking and choosing of facts really is mind boggling, coming from a Red

Blue: And its okay for Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho to say EXACTLY  the same things over the years?

Green: The keyword phrase is, " they started talking about us", which is actually, the main reason why Rafa made this statement, as in the preceeding weeks, Fergie has been making a number of jibes about the league favouring us in terms of fixtures, about how refeering decisions were going against us - does this compute at all mate?

Maroon: And you will also discount the need to address the favouritism claim pushed forward by the United camp, right? Along with the fact that our second half of the season were actually better than the first?

lol. Watch the video mate, and understand the context of the situation, and you will be able to formulate an opinion of your own. I assure you, everything Rafa said was factual. And if you want to talk about embarrassment, please consider the numerous, numerous unsubstantiated attacks (some would even call them lies, you know) that Ferguson has made over the years. But that's okay right, since he won the league?  ::)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: December 29, 2010, 12:46:50 pm »
I hold Rafa in high esteem, but that doesn't stop me from holding an opinion on this issue that the RAWK thought police clearly have a problem with. Tell me where the lack of 'fact' is, tell me how I am 'mimicking the press'?

If you read the transcript you will see that he clearly contradicts himself

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/rafael-benitez-alex-ferguson-outburst

Once again we have straw men set up in order to make a dramatic point. There aren't only two ways to deal with Ferguson - 'challenging his bullying practices or brown - nosing'. Kenny showed this with his withering put - down in the late 80s about his baby daughter talking more sense than Ferguson. 

As for 'hindsight', I have to tell you that I had a sinking feeling as soon as I heard it.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: December 29, 2010, 12:55:00 pm »
My God.
Red: What mess exactly are you talking about? You conveniently 'forget' to include his comment about Ferguson escaping a number of other incident, which you can clearly, I repeat, clearly, see if you watched the video of the press conf. And if I might add, Ferguson has been reprimanded 16 times since EPL begun, but has only suffered two touchline bans. Your picking and choosing of facts really is mind boggling, coming from a Red

Blue: And its okay for Ferguson, Wenger and Mourinho to say EXACTLY  the same things over the years?

Green: The keyword phrase is, " they started talking about us", which is actually, the main reason why Rafa made this statement, as in the preceeding weeks, Mr Alex Ferguson has been making a number of jibes about the league favouring us in terms of fixtures, about how refeering decisions were going against us - does this compute at all mate?

Maroon: And you will also discount the need to address the favouritism claim pushed forward by the United camp, right? Along with the fact that our second half of the season were actually better than the first?

lol. Watch the video mate, and understand the context of the situation, and you will be able to formulate an opinion of your own. I assure you, everything Rafa said was factual. And if you want to talk about embarrassment, please consider the numerous, numerous unsubstantiated attacks (some would even call them lies, you know) that Ferguson has made over the years. But that's okay right, since he won the league?  ::)

I'm not your mate, but you've got a lovely colour code going on there, congrats

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1016 on: December 29, 2010, 01:00:43 pm »
I hold Rafa in high esteem, but that doesn't stop me from holding an opinion on this issue that the RAWK thought police clearly have a problem with. Tell me where the lack of 'fact' is, tell me how I am 'mimicking the press'?

If you read the transcript you will see that he clearly contradicts himself

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/rafael-benitez-alex-ferguson-outburst

Once again we have straw men set up in order to make a dramatic point. There aren't only two ways to deal with Ferguson - 'challenging his bullying practices or brown - nosing'. Kenny showed this with his withering put - down in the late 80s about his baby daughter talking more sense than Ferguson. 

As for 'hindsight', I have to tell you that I had a sinking feeling as soon as I heard it.
Mate, I have read the transcript and I have watched the video long ago.
Your points have been rebutted above, and yet, you are still insistent that we ignore the facts of the matter and go along with the opinion of yourself and of the mainstream press.
If you held Rafa in, as you say, high esteem, why are you ignoring the obvious? Rafa wasn't perfect, but in this instance, everything he said was spot on. There were no after effects from it (in fact, some have speculated that the timing was meant to take attention away from the Gerrard case, but I disagree and still believe that the press build up at the time were gathering momentum in projecting the favouritism angle, hence his decision to lay it down then)

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1017 on: December 29, 2010, 01:09:53 pm »
I'm not your mate, but you've got a lovely colour code going on there, congrats
Very classy response. Oh, and btw, I URGE you. Watch the video, and form your OWN opinions. Ok, mate? ::)

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: December 29, 2010, 01:29:36 pm »
Very classy response. Oh, and btw, I URGE you. Watch the video, and form your OWN opinions. Ok, mate? ::)

Of course, I get it now: When I agree with you I will have finally formed my own opinion?

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1019 on: December 29, 2010, 01:37:58 pm »
Of course, I get it now: When I agree with you I will have finally formed my own opinion?
Oh, you're back.
Care to respond to the points then, mate?
Or should we just blindly follow  the tabloid rehash your opinions?

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: December 29, 2010, 01:48:21 pm »
Oh, you're back.
Care to respond to the points then, mate?
Or should we just blindly follow  the tabloid rehash your opinions?

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: December 29, 2010, 01:57:27 pm »
I can't believe any Liverpool fan would go against a Liverpool legend pointing out that the press and FA brown nose that Turps nudging old c*nt from down the road.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #1022 on: December 29, 2010, 02:00:10 pm »
lol. You're a funny guy.
Instead of supporting your wayward claims, or even disputing the points I've raised, all your three posts have been personal attacks/insults.
Says a lot.
I'll leave you to your tabloid reading then mate. :-[

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1023 on: December 29, 2010, 11:03:56 pm »
Roy on TalkSport : " I would put it down to that it was just a bad day for us today"
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1024 on: December 29, 2010, 11:06:09 pm »
Bad day eh?

Have a look at your tactics. It'll be a good start.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: December 29, 2010, 11:07:09 pm »
Roy on TalkSport : " I would put it down to that it was just a bad day for us today"

That's good. I thought it might be a chronic problem as opposed to a one off.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1026 on: December 29, 2010, 11:07:29 pm »
"Unfortunately we had a really bad day at the office today," Hodgson said after Wednesday's game.

"Not much went right for us except the fact people tried to keep going, worked as hard as they could but technically we weren’t anywhere near our best today.

"The tempo of our play was nowhere near what we like it to be. As a result we ended up losing. I think we can consider ourselves a bit unlucky to lose it, I think 0-0 would not have been an unfair result but there you go. They got a lucky break and put the ball away so we lose all three points and disappoint our fans yet again."

FUCKING TWAT.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1027 on: December 29, 2010, 11:09:49 pm »
Bad day eh?

Have a look at your tactics. It'll be a good start.

Or in Royland we could play every game on a "Good day"?
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1028 on: December 29, 2010, 11:13:15 pm »
I think we will have a lot of classic quotes from Hodgson in the next few days.

realjohnaldo John Aldridge
Got what we deserved nothing.roy questioned the famous lfc support after the match read the papers tomorrow.not a clever thing to do
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: December 29, 2010, 11:16:12 pm »
I think we will have a lot of classic quotes from Hodgson in the next few days.

Yep

Hopefully a lot of bitter nonsense trying to explain his departure. That would go down a treat.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline hedger

• ows
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: December 29, 2010, 11:19:42 pm »
this should be his last...

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/12/29/2282543/liverpool-boss-roy-hodson-hits-out-at-anfield-crowd-urges

Under-fire Roy Hodgson has blasted Liverpool's supporters for not supporting the team after his side suffered another humiliating defeat at the hands of Wolves.

Mick McCarthy’s Wanderers heaped further misery on the Anfield club after Stephen Ward’s goal condemned them to their eighth defeat of the season.

The home fans were understandably angry about the loss to the side who, before the match, were bottom of the Premier League, and made their feelings known during the game and at the final whistle.

Chants for Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish rung around Anfield and a chorus of boos greeted the defeat but Hodgson insists it is nothing new and asked the fans to keep supporting the club in the bad times.

He said: "I'm getting used to the negativity. Kenny [Dalglish] was a rival for the job and it was given to me. He's a Liverpool legend.

"But I don't like it. It's the Kop's way of showing they are not happy with what the team is doing. We've had to live with negativity ever since I came here.

"The famous Anfield support has not really been there – there were problems with the owners and they have been singing for Kenny.

"I can only hope these 'fans' become 'supporters' as well because this is a time when the club needs support.

"The negativity does affect confidence."

Hodgson revealed he was disappointed with how his players reacted after an extended break because of the winter weather disruptions.

"Disappointing is the buzzword at the moment. There is not a stronger word than that," he added.

"We came here hoping we would fly around the field and play well but we did the opposite. It's as bad a team performance as we've given, certainly here at Anfield.

"Rather than a disappointing 0-0 we let them in to score for an even more disappointing 0-1. That compounded the problem.

"Credit to Wolves, their gameplan was good. They won challenges. I don't think we had the tempo to our game to say we deserved anything more than we got."

Despite the lacklustre defeat the former Fulham boss insists his side are desperate to show the fans they can move up the table.

He added: "It's a sad way to end 2011. We were desperate to show the supporters we can move up the table and we let them down.

"They made that perfectly clear to us. I can only empathise – if I was a supporter I would be extremely disappointed.

"But I've seen times like this. I have belief in my own ability, the players are working hard to bring me and the club success.

"It's going to be picking them up after they didn't do the job tonight."

Online Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: December 29, 2010, 11:24:43 pm »
Ooops. Whatever you do Roy, dont ever, ever question the Liverpool supporters. Now, booing a manager and chanting and making banners to get him out is not the Liverpool way. But, neither are Roys negative tactis and the way he has no gone against the fans.

Now fucking do one Hodgson.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: December 29, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »
Poor fella just doesn't get it

It isn't the team we are venting at, it is the man in charge sending them out as a disorganised rabble

Like at Blackburn he is deluded to the bitter end.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:13 pm »
Well said Roy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Maximiliano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1034 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:31 pm »
"0-0 Would had been a fair result"

:butt FFS have some dignity and resign.

Offline Mr Mojo Risin'

• No longer counts double
  • Legacy Fan
  • i've been down so god damn long
« Reply #1035 on: December 29, 2010, 11:27:13 pm »
DON'T BUY THE  SUN.

Offline No Way José

• Kopite
  • Hard as fuck - Not me, Wiggo
« Reply #1036 on: December 29, 2010, 11:27:36 pm »
final nail in his coffin I would imagine
What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. Except Polio

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1037 on: December 29, 2010, 11:28:00 pm »
A succint chant of "you're not fit to manage us" by the match going fans all around the ground would seemingly be the only way for Hodgson to get the message that it's him that is the actual problem.

Unfortunately, I don't think that'll happen and Hodgson will carry on bemoaning everyone and everything else rather than admit he may be the one at fault.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Tim Bisley

• Main Stander
« Reply #1038 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:00 pm »
"It's going to be picking them up after they didn't do the job tonight."
Hilarious.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1039 on: December 29, 2010, 11:30:45 pm »
Roy Hodgson spoke of his disappointment after Liverpool slipped to a 1-0 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers at Anfield on Wednesday night.

Stephen Ward's second-half goal secured victory for the visitors on a night of frustration for the Reds.

Afterwards, Hodgson told reporters: "We came here tonight really hoping that after not playing for a while we would get out and give a great performance, fly around the field and play well - but in fact we did just the opposite.

"It was probably as bad a team performance as we've given, certainly here at Anfield, and to compound the problems we gave them a goal as well, so we don't have a disappointing nil-nil, we have an even more disappointing 0-1.

"Credit to Wolves, they did well. Their game plan was good, they stuck at it and they were very physical in a lot of challenges all over the field, and I don't think we had the tempo or intensity in our game to be able to say we deserved anything more than what we got.

"It's a sad way to end 2010 and a sad first game after three weeks in front of our own supporters, who we were desperate to show we can move up the table and we've let them down.

"They made that perfectly clear to us and I can only empathise with them - if I was a supporter I would be extremely disappointed as well with that performance, as are all the players.

"But football's football. It was a day at the office. They (the players) didn't go out there to play badly or not give their best, it just didn't work for us. There were very few players who came off the field thinking, 'That was as good as I can give.'"

On the frustration of the fans, Hodgson continued: "I'm getting used to it, that's the way it is.

"I don't like hearing those things of course because I want to do the best job I can do, I'm working as hard as I can, so I can't say it's something I really appreciate but at the same time I am not in control of those things and it's the Kop's way, the Anfield way, of showing that they are not happy at the moment with what the team is doing.

"As the manager, you take responsibility for that, so I have to take that criticism on the chin as well."

"All I can say is I think it's time for people to really try to help us along because it's not through want of trying that we're not winning matches or didn't win tonight's game, it's because, I'm afraid, we lacked a little bit of quality and lacked a little bit of confidence.

"The negativity does affect confidence because players are a little bit anxious to get on the ball and do what they can do for fear they're going to make a mistake."

The manager continued: "I have seen times like this before. My belief I can turn this around is that the belief I have in my own ability and I know the players are working hard and working hard to give success as well as the club, but at the moment they are not succeeding."

Reporters quizzed Hodgson on the fitness of Steven Gerrard, who appeared to be clutching his calf towards the end of the contest.

He replied: "Luckily it's cramp, which wasn't good, but unfortunately because we were losing and because I was desperate to do something different and freshen up the team, I'd used up all my substitutes. Had I not done so, I would have taken him off."

Liverpool are back in action in New Years Day when they play host to Bolton at Anfield.

Hodgson added: "Seeing the players in the dressing room, I don't think it is going to be too difficult demanding a response. It's going to be about picking them up after the disappointment they feel at not doing the job tonight.

"I think we are capable of it and certainly the players will be very anxious to do that.

"We've got some chances to freshen the team up and we'll have to continually do that anyway because there are so many games coming up. With games every three days, you cannot expect them to play even if you wanted to."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-s-wolves-verdict
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.