Author Topic: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?  (Read 9421 times)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Holidays 2024 - What's your plans?
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2023, 12:12:46 pm »
My cousin regularly visits BVI and would recommend Tortola.
I'm just back from a cruise around the Caribbean, can recommend Aruba (beautiful white beaches and crystal blue sea), Grand Cayman (tax free) and Curacao (just a stunning island but don't visit the museum)

Thanks for the heads up. I know nothing about the area at all and am looking for a quick fun trip over New Years

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2023, 01:12:58 pm »
Going to London in early jan with the mrs

but June bonus = MAYBE SOMETHING A BIT WARMER

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2023, 01:14:59 pm »
Probables:

June - Glastonbury Festival
August - Beautiful Days Festival, Shambala Festival (back to Back)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2023, 01:27:44 pm »
A new EU digital border system that will require fingerprints and facial scans to be taken from British travellers on first use is expected to launch next autumn, according to reports.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/19/eu-fingerprint-checks-uk-travellers-british-passengers-entry-exit-system-facial-scans

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2023, 01:28:54 pm »
A new EU digital border system that will require fingerprints and facial scans to be taken from British travellers on first use is expected to launch next autumn, according to reports.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/19/eu-fingerprint-checks-uk-travellers-british-passengers-entry-exit-system-facial-scans

My Irish passport becomes more valuable by the day.

;D
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2023, 02:10:09 pm »

As someone who travels into the EU 3 or 4 times a year, if it helps speed things up after the 1st visit I'm all for it, I doubt the knuckle dragging fuckwits and racist c*nts who voted for Brexit will want prints and facial scans though, "oh aye you robbing c*nt, you're wanted"  ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2024, 03:49:01 pm »
Booked a long weekend in London for March, Krakow in May for four days and then ten days in Italy in June.

London will be a food focussed weekend with the plan to book a couple of nice tasting menus.

Krakow is with wife's family for my sister-in-law's 30th. Should be good fun.

Italy plan is a few days in Florence exploring some other towns in Tuscany then hiring a car to drive down to Rome (where we fly home from). Planning a vineyard stay, possibly in Umbria, with a few trips out to other towns/villages.

Bigger trip this year is now looking like Mexico in November. Not booked yet but thinking of flying into Mexico City and having a week or so there. Will visit Puebla and a few other places in the area then catch a flight out to Cancun for a bit of beach time before heading home. Erring on the side of Isla Mujeres for that part.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 03:54:55 pm by .adam »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2024, 03:50:06 pm »
Colombia next week, and then a trip to South Africa (Cape Town and Kruger Park) in October.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2024, 03:50:31 pm »
Fucking off to Spain for 6 months from April ish time. Rent a villa there, drive down with the dog, spend the mornings doing some work and rest of the time enjoying the weather.

Guess it's sort of a holiday :D

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2024, 03:55:41 pm »
Colombia next week, and then a trip to South Africa (Cape Town and Kruger Park) in October.

Disfrutes!

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2024, 03:57:34 pm »
Disfrutes!

Gracias!

I'll enjoy it all! Colombia we are just relaxing, and doing some things my wife needs to do.

SA Cape Town will be the appetizer, while the Kruger will be the main course. I love the Kruger so much. Plus new camera so looking forward to it!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2024, 04:01:23 pm »
Absolutely fuck all. :(

Offline Jebediah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2024, 04:04:28 pm »
Currently out of work, so all holiday plans are very much on hold. Had planned a grand tour of Albania, as last year's 3 week jaunt around the mountains of Bulgaria was such a success.
An elevator can only go up and down, but a Wonkavator goes sideways and slantways and longways and backways and frontways and squareways and any other ways that you can think of...
Proud to be part of the LFC family

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2024, 04:25:01 pm »
Meant to be in Lanzarote but we were all sick last week and couldnt go! Trying to find 2-3 weeks somewhere before summer....guess south Spain most likely for some warmth. 
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2024, 04:35:11 pm »
where in Colombia, Chakan?  Cartagena is great.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2024, 04:36:16 pm »
where in Colombia, Chakan?  Cartagena is great.

Medellin and then Rio Negro. My wife has a couple of things she needs to do in Medellin then we are visiting family in Rio Negro.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2024, 04:37:34 pm »
Medellin and then Rio Negro. My wife has a couple of things she needs to do in Medellin then we are visiting family in Rio Negro.
great weather in Colmbia right now ... 30C+.  disfrutes, amigo.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2024, 04:38:19 pm »
great weather in Colmbia right now - 30C+.  disfrutes, amigo.

Yup escaping the 0-10C here at the moment! Gonna be bliss.

Gracias!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2024, 04:42:13 pm »
Anyone any thoughts on Bratislava? What would be the ideal time for a shortish visit as part of a wider holiday, two days, three? Is there plenty to see and do?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2024, 04:55:03 pm »
Booked last year for this April , cruising from Dubai to Southampton it was booked with the idea of calls in Oman and Jordan to visit Petra as well as cruising through the Suez Canal . With all the issues in the Red Sea had to make a decision wether to cancel and lose deposit or pay the balance and take the chance .

Been told we can cancel if it gets worse and has to divert with a refund or future credit ( usually 120% ) or we can pick it up and travel around South Africa that way , only issue is instead of 21 nights it will be more 28 so paid the balance and see how it goes

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2024, 07:50:20 pm »
Fucking off to Spain for 6 months from April ish time. Rent a villa there, drive down with the dog, spend the mornings doing some work and rest of the time enjoying the weather.

If I was single I'd do that, love to piss off abroad and get away from here.

Just over 4 weeks til Tenerife, when the kids were in primary school we'd have been flying out this Saturday for 2 weeks, I miss those days. Got a night in York booked for all 4 of us, me and her doing the ABBA voyage thing in May, so a night in London, doing RIAT with the eldest in July, so got a night in Cheltenham to add to the August holiday as well now
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2024, 08:02:02 pm »
don't visit the museum

You can't leave us hanging like that. What happened in the museum??  :o
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2024, 08:18:15 pm »
You can't leave us hanging like that. What happened in the museum??  :o

He had a bad night

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2024, 08:21:59 pm »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2024, 03:45:14 pm »

That sounds great. You definitely doing this? You retired??

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2024, 03:50:51 pm »
That sounds great. You definitely doing this? You retired??

Yeah def doing it. Myself and gf both work for ourselves, enough where hours would only be a handful in the mornings and rest of the day is ours. We don't have kids yet, so we just thought why not, let's do it why we can and fuck off somewhere else for a bit.

Just looking for places now, want something big enough to have family / friends come and stay too ideally.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2024, 03:56:08 pm »
Yeah def doing it. Myself and gf both work for ourselves, enough where hours would only be a handful in the mornings and rest of the day is ours. We don't have kids yet, so we just thought why not, let's do it why we can and fuck off somewhere else for a bit.

Just looking for places now, want something big enough to have family / friends come and stay too ideally.
Fair play. Why Spain in particular? Nice re both your work then. It has crossed my mind but was advised that salary payment would be different due to living/working in a different country. Seemed alot of hassle / paperwork to do for me and Mrs in our roles.

More time for the ACCA thread as well then ;)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2024, 04:14:32 pm »
Fair play. Why Spain in particular? Nice re both your work then. It has crossed my mind but was advised that salary payment would be different due to living/working in a different country. Seemed alot of hassle / paperwork to do for me and Mrs in our roles.

More time for the ACCA thread as well then ;)

We both love the way of life in Spain in general, loving the food and wine there def helps! Plus we'll likely be south coast so weather is nice for a huge part of the year (and always better than here!).

And yeah, I really need to get back in there. I've been off here a lot in general the last 12 months but will get back in there before end of the season.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2024, 04:58:36 pm »
Doing Vietnam in April for two weeks so I'll try and see how much I can do. Has anyone been recently with a bit of an itinerary?
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2024, 06:03:04 pm »
Doing Vietnam in April for two weeks so I'll try and see how much I can do. Has anyone been recently with a bit of an itinerary?
Hanoi and HoChiMin are very interesting but crazy busy and crowded. crossing the road will scare you shitless the first couple of times but there's a knack to it - google it and you'll see.

the Old Quarter in Hanoi is a great area imo.

try Hoi An - lovely place, great for visitors.  and Hue is a nice (smaller) place but not tons to do in comparison.

Halong Bay - highly recommended.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2024, 06:52:29 pm »
We both love the way of life in Spain in general, loving the food and wine there def helps! Plus we'll likely be south coast so weather is nice for a huge part of the year (and always better than here!).

And yeah, I really need to get back in there. I've been off here a lot in general the last 12 months but will get back in there before end of the season.

So you can't go back into Europe until April 2025 if you do 180 days in Spain?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2024, 06:57:44 pm »
How come?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2024, 07:01:13 pm »

Will be getting a visa whilst out there, but yeah otherwise I couldn't go anywhere in Europe for another 6 months if I spent 6 months in Spain.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2024, 07:01:56 pm »
How come?

Max 183 days in Europe per 12 month period, even if you split that up into 10x 18 days.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2024, 07:04:16 pm »
Max 183 days in Europe per 12 month period, even if you split that up into 10x 18 days.
That applies if you even own property in Europe?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2024, 07:16:50 pm »

Yep - I remember Miriam Margoyles going mental during covid on a tv interview from her place in Italy and saying she was forced to return to the UK due to Brexit

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2024, 08:00:13 pm »

There are visas depending on investment into a country, but I'm not completely sure if this is backdated (don't think it is).

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2024, 08:01:28 pm »
There are visas depending on investment into a country, but I'm not completely sure if this is backdated (don't think it is).

Remember them Brexit voters having to leave Spain a few years ago? Think they had to apply for residency or something. How I laughed at the idiots as they cried.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2024, 08:11:51 pm »
Had a panic just now as thought we'd need an ETIAS, but its 2025 before we need these

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2024, 08:26:36 pm »
California July/August….Santa Cruz area… cannot come quick enough in this weather
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W