Author Topic: Things that make you feel old  (Read 24206 times)

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Re: Things that make you feel old
« Reply #560 on: March 25, 2024, 03:17:09 pm »
Haha fuck me! 14 years ago and I still remembered it! Think about it every time I have to deal with my own!
  ;D

Used to always be wary walking through doors in case the door slammed shut and it got caught like a the train from a wedding dress. Once got dragged 3 miles getting out of a cab cos he drove off and the hair was still in the back seat after I got out.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: March 25, 2024, 04:17:26 pm »
  ;D

Used to always be wary walking through doors in case the door slammed shut and it got caught like a the train from a wedding dress. Once got dragged 3 miles getting out of a cab cos he drove off and the hair was still in the back seat after I got out.

:lmao
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: March 25, 2024, 07:03:27 pm »
Haha  ;D

I feel ya about the toenails. I broke a pair of scissors trying to cut my big-toe nails last week. I had to get some proper hefty toenail clippers. I did consider a hacksaw.

Including nose and ears in the shaving routine is a fucking ballache too. I may just lather myself in hair removal cream once a week to save time.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #563 on: March 25, 2024, 07:13:49 pm »
I feel ya about the toenails. I broke a pair of scissors trying to cut my big-toe nails last week. I had to get some proper hefty toenail clippers. I did consider a hacksaw.

Including nose and ears in the shaving routine is a fucking ballache too. I may just lather myself in hair removal cream once a week to save time.

haha was it Bottom we’re he gets out the leccy  sander or something for Riks toe nails?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2024, 07:16:43 pm »
Actually think it was an Adam Sandler film the more I think aboot it (Mr Deeds? )

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #565 on: March 25, 2024, 07:36:34 pm »
Actually think it was an Adam Sandler film the more I think aboot it (Mr Deeds? )

Dumb and Dumber (too) maybe?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #566 on: March 25, 2024, 07:52:07 pm »
Dumb and Dumber (too) maybe?
Yup, that’s it. Well in mate. Been doin my swede in looking for it

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: March 25, 2024, 07:58:29 pm »
That's the one. Haha. It does sound like something that could have happened in Bottom though.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: March 25, 2024, 08:24:03 pm »
That's the one. Haha. It does sound like something that could have happened in Bottom though.

Nah, Eddie would have used a chainsaw on Richie
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #569 on: April 3, 2024, 11:19:34 am »
I have a colleague who doesn't know who Princess Diana was.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #570 on: April 3, 2024, 05:49:03 pm »
Being less stable on my feet, slipping, tripping and falling more than I've ever done. 

Plus finding previously simple tasks a fucking pain in the ass to do 😕

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: April 3, 2024, 05:53:31 pm »
Being less stable on my feet, slipping, tripping and falling more than I've ever done. 

Plus finding previously simple tasks a fucking pain in the ass to do 😕
from what I've read, the falling / balance thing can be a symptom of serious issues deb. have you discussed with your GP?

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: April 3, 2024, 06:02:39 pm »
from what I've read, the falling / balance thing can be a symptom of serious issues deb. have you discussed with your GP?

I've not seen a doctor in nearly 15yrs mate and me becoming a bit clumsy isn't a sufficient reason to see one soon 😂

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: April 3, 2024, 06:07:43 pm »
I've not seen a doctor in nearly 15yrs mate and me becoming a bit clumsy isn't a sufficient reason to see one soon 😂
fair enough, but keep an eye on it if it becomes worse or more  persistent.
Regards
Dr Sam

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: April 3, 2024, 06:19:05 pm »
fair enough, but keep an eye on it if it becomes worse or more  persistent.
Regards
Dr Sam

Will do 👍

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: April 3, 2024, 09:45:18 pm »
Will do 👍
that will be $10.  cash only.
Thanks.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: April 3, 2024, 11:26:16 pm »
The Phantom Menace turns 25 this year.

Avengers: Infinity War was six years ago.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: April 4, 2024, 01:24:26 pm »

Yeah, my missus told me about the balance test. Lots of otherwise symptomless issues can affect your balance - some being minor like vision.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: April 4, 2024, 01:48:59 pm »
Yeah, my missus told me about the balance test. Lots of otherwise symptomless issues can affect your balance - some being minor like vision.

Or in my missus case, just being a clumsy twat ;D

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: April 4, 2024, 01:51:51 pm »
Or in my missus case, just being a clumsy twat ;D

;D

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #580 on: April 5, 2024, 08:31:15 pm »
You know your old when you see Denis the Menace and Gnasher grown up
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: April 5, 2024, 08:38:31 pm »
Had 2 people at work comment this week on the fact I have grey hairs coming through.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #582 on: April 5, 2024, 09:03:53 pm »
Abba won the Eurovision 50 years ago today with Waterloo.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: April 5, 2024, 09:29:11 pm »
Abba won the Eurovision 50 years ago today with Waterloo.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: April 5, 2024, 10:19:04 pm »
I watched more than a minute of Last of the Summer Wine the other day. I might be turning into my grandad.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: April 7, 2024, 01:15:38 pm »
Met my wife when she was 22. Just celebrated her 40th.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: April 7, 2024, 02:34:19 pm »
Listening to Duff and Susan Holmes McKagan on Planet Rock last night, Duff has recently turned 60, I was just coming up to 20 when I first heard Guns and he was 22 at the time, ffs

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #587 on: April 7, 2024, 02:36:32 pm »
Generation Z are having kids

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: April 7, 2024, 02:44:14 pm »
Generation Z are having kids

Which lot are generation z (I genuinely don't know)

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: April 7, 2024, 06:17:07 pm »
me too.  makes me feel old.  is there a Generation Alpha now or something like that?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2024, 01:31:06 am »
Auf Wiedersehen Pet was first broadcast 40 years ago [well, episode 1 November 83], & i remember watching the first series at the time [Friday nights 9pm on ITV]. :o
#Sausages

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2024, 01:34:46 pm »

Born 1995-2010

Gen Alpha are those born after 2010.

Gen Alpha is the most heavily online gen. They know how to use it better than any of us and Youtube is extremely popular with Gen A. E.g. My 12 yo nephew is about to hit 500k subs on Youtube (17M views last month).

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2024, 02:15:36 pm »
Auf Wiedersehen Pet was first broadcast 40 years ago [well, episode 1 November 83], & i remember watching the first series at the time [Friday nights 9pm on ITV]. :o

I remember watching that first series , thought it was fantastic & the characters just got better and better as the series went on

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: April 17, 2024, 02:36:51 pm »
I remember watching that first series , thought it was fantastic & the characters just got better and better as the series went on

Thornley manor was my favourite, great show
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2024, 02:52:37 pm »
Thornley manor was my favourite, great show

Classic scene, the lads clearing out Thornley Manor, discover a couple of video tapes, so Wayne hires a TV & video so they can watch them [& ends up renting the wrong video], one is the former owner playing golf, the other a sex party at the Manor involving that owner, couple of video shots, which then pans onto Arthur Pringle [the grumpy landlord who barred the lads out of the pub & the them out of the B&B after catching Wayne shagging his daughter] cue classic reaction from the lads. ;D

The BBC revival was a bit shit wasn't it, although Bill Nighy was great as Jeffery Grainger a corrupt, unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, former Tory MP. 

BTW, Auf Wiedersehen is currently being repeated on ITV4, Thursday & Friday nights 9pm.
#Sausages

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #595 on: April 17, 2024, 02:53:50 pm »
When you run really fast in 5-a-side... but fall over just as you think you're hitting top speed like your 25-year-old self.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #596 on: April 17, 2024, 04:02:20 pm »
I am 50 later this year. I have a completely fucked back, am pretty tall and perhaps overly rotund (in other words deffo am) and when I stand anywhere for more than a minute or two my back starts to really ache.  I know the solution is a walking stick so I can lean on something when that happens......but fuck me I feel old. Mrs has got me one and it has gone straight into the understairs cupboard until I am able to admit that I am fucked.  May take a lot of pain before I do that.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #597 on: April 17, 2024, 06:50:25 pm »
Classic scene, the lads clearing out Thornley Manor, discover a couple of video tapes, so Wayne hires a TV & video so they can watch them [& ends up renting the wrong video], one is the former owner playing golf, the other a sex party at the Manor involving that owner, couple of video shots, which then pans onto Arthur Pringle [the grumpy landlord who barred the lads out of the pub & the them out of the B&B after catching Wayne shagging his daughter] cue classic reaction from the lads. ;D

The BBC revival was a bit shit wasn't it, although Bill Nighy was great as Jeffery Grainger a corrupt, unscrupulous, morally bankrupt, former Tory MP. 

BTW, Auf Wiedersehen is currently being repeated on ITV4, Thursday & Friday nights 9pm.
Yes that part was very funny ,seeing their reactions when they realised Arthur was in the video ,pissing themselves laughing .
I thought that series was a bit of a let down after the classic first series.the second one was all over the place and I’m not sure what they knew what to do with them plot wise but i suppose they were dealing with off screen problems with the actor who played Wayne ,dying of a heroin overdose while filming the series so not surprising it was a bit here and there .

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: April 18, 2024, 09:44:35 am »

it can be loads of horrible things or as simple as dehydration (which is serious but easily rectified), if you're feeling other wise okay in yourself Debs, though I'd still err on the side of caution and get a check over, blood pressure etc, have a look at how much water you're getting.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: April 18, 2024, 10:21:42 am »
First I've looked at this thread in a while. Really surprised that the 30th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death, 30 years ago on 5th April, hasn't been mentioned. That made me feel ancient. Remember it like it was last week.