Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3123186 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #33560 on: July 5, 2022, 01:28:35 pm »
Some rumours now that Nat's in talks with Bournemouth.

Loan or transfer?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33561 on: July 5, 2022, 01:31:43 pm »
Loan or transfer?

Loan looks like.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #33562 on: July 5, 2022, 01:34:59 pm »
Loan looks like.

Frustrating, because he's not going to have a future here and a bit more money to play around with would be nice.  Hopefully he has a great season and puts himself in a bigger shop window.  I have a feeling we might see the same thing happen with Neco.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33563 on: July 5, 2022, 01:44:10 pm »
just read that Neco didn't train with the full squad ... not sure what that means ....

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33564 on: July 5, 2022, 01:46:30 pm »
Nat was an absolute hero for us and I doubt there's a fan or anyone at the club that doesn't love him to bits, but he needs to find a home, he's 25 now and proven he's good enough for a decent top flight career.  Quite surprised by the lack of interest.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33565 on: July 5, 2022, 01:56:14 pm »
Frustrating, because he's not going to have a future here and a bit more money to play around with would be nice.  Hopefully he has a great season and puts himself in a bigger shop window.  I have a feeling we might see the same thing happen with Neco.

Loan is a great move for Nat if its in the PL.

Neco I think we will sell.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #33566 on: July 5, 2022, 01:59:12 pm »
I posted this in the AOC thread but wanted to post it here too since it's a conversation and point that get's brought up a lot. Be good to hear people's thought's on this and why our considerations should be so different to other teams at the very top end of the league

It's interesting that everyone is focused on the age of our midfield and worrying about intensity of games.

I took a look at City and Chelsea's midfield options for next season and their current ages. Both as a collective and as the 1st choice 5 options.

Manchester City

De Bruyne        31
Gundogan        31
Rodri                26
Bernardo Silva  27
Philips              26
Foden               22
Palmer              20

Overall average age   = 26.1 years
Top 5 options average age = 28.2 years

Chelsea

Jorginho   30
Kovacivic  28
Kante       31
Mount      23
Gallagher 22
RLC          26
Barkley     28

Overall average age   = 26.9 years
Top 5 options   average age = 26.8 years

Liverpool

Henderson 32
Thiago       31
Fabinho     28
Keita          27
Jones         21
Milner        36
Elliott        19
AOC          28

Overall average age   = 27.8 years
Top 5 options   average age = 27.8 years

We have the oldest average age for our midfield group. But we have the biggest depth in terms of numbers. If you look at the primary 5 choices (and this is a guess for who that would be) then our average age for midfield is similar to City's.

So I suppose my question is why will Thiago and Henderson's legs be run off this season but Kante's and De Bruyne/Gundogan's won't? Is there any more reliance on Henderson and Thiago than De Bruyne and Gundogan as a pair?

I think we are a Milner switch for a younger midfielder away from having a very similar age profile in midfield to City. That's the literally the switch City have just done with Phillips for Fernandinho.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33567 on: July 5, 2022, 01:59:43 pm »
Nat was an absolute hero for us and I doubt there's a fan or anyone at the club that doesn't love him to bits, but he needs to find a home, he's 25 now and proven he's good enough for a decent top flight career.  Quite surprised by the lack of interest.

He's a hero for us for sure.

He's only 25. If he goes out on loan to a PL then we might just extend his contract to protect his value.

Makes sense not selling him yet. We don't have to sell all the players at once. We could look to cash in next season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33569 on: July 5, 2022, 02:01:11 pm »
Loan to Bournemouth for Nat?

Wasn't he already on loan there last season?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33570 on: July 5, 2022, 02:03:27 pm »
I posted this in the AOC thread but wanted to post it here too since it's a conversation and point that get's brought up a lot. Be good to hear people's thought's on this and why our considerations should be so different to other teams at the very top end of the league

Sign Bellingham this season or next then the average age for our midfield goes right down.

Think we will start to manage Hendo's game time more from this coming season.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33571 on: July 5, 2022, 02:09:50 pm »
Loan to Bournemouth for Nat?

Wasn't he already on loan there last season?

A PL level loan could give his value a big boost, I'd guess the lack of top flight experience is what's keeping teams from registering more of an interest. He had that season for us of course, but I'd guess teams want to see how he'd perform in a mid-table or lower team.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33572 on: July 5, 2022, 02:11:57 pm »
Frustrating, because he's not going to have a future here and a bit more money to play around with would be nice.  Hopefully he has a great season and puts himself in a bigger shop window. I have a feeling we might see the same thing happen with Neco.

Does seem that way. Fulham and Forest appear to have moved on after enquiring

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33573 on: July 5, 2022, 02:16:48 pm »
Does seem that way. Fulham and Forest appear to have moved on after enquiring

Forest do still want to sign him according to the journalist who covers them for the Athletic, just going back and forth over the fee but the expectation seems to be that it will get done.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33574 on: July 5, 2022, 02:56:27 pm »
Klopp looks happy in the pre-season videos from Kirkby today. Presumably a successful trip to Dortmund over the weekend.

On Gakpo, he feels like he was probably a Nunez alternative? Tall, powerful forward who can play off the left or through the centre.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #33575 on: July 5, 2022, 03:08:14 pm »
Klopp looks happy in the pre-season videos from Kirkby today. Presumably a successful trip to Dortmund over the weekend.

On Gakpo, he feels like he was probably a Nunez alternative? Tall, powerful forward who can play off the left or through the centre.
Yeah I cant imagine any scenario where we sign both Gakpo and Nunez in the same window. Gakpo does look a player - he'll move this summer you'd think, rather than be 24 in the Eredivisie still.

Someone who needs a forward late in the window, who haven't been linked all summer will overpay for him.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #33576 on: July 5, 2022, 03:32:44 pm »
A PL level loan could give his value a big boost, I'd guess the lack of top flight experience is what's keeping teams from registering more of an interest. He had that season for us of course, but I'd guess teams want to see how he'd perform in a mid-table or lower team.

Not to mention we'd probably get another decent loan fee in as well whilst he plays in the Premier League.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #33577 on: July 5, 2022, 03:38:28 pm »

We must have faith in Nat to go there and do very well. Wilson went there on loan and his value dropped. Obviously Covid a factor with the market but he didn't do well there in the PL.

The concern with loans is they can be the first to get thrown under the bus or dropped when things aren't going well. I'd imagine we'd get somewhere in the region of 10-15 million now for him from Bournemouth, albeit at the lower scale. That should hold next summer but it's a risk. I can see Parker being fucked off before long as well, they were lucky to even go up in the end, Nat helped in the run in but they were poor from Christmas onwards.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 03:40:08 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33578 on: July 5, 2022, 03:45:24 pm »
Sign Bellingham this season or next then the average age for our midfield goes right down.

Think we will start to manage Hendo's game time more from this coming season.

Henderson has played an average of approx 3300 minutes over the last 3 seasons. Would you expect him to do similar or less next season?

As a comparison Kevin De Bruyne, who is almost exactly 12 months younger than Henderson, has done an average of about 3400 minutes per season. When do City need to start managing his minutes now he's 31?

I think people justifiably, in some cases, have a worry about the age profile of our midfield and how we manage a transition into a younger midfield over the next 12-24 months. I think City have relatively similar concerns given the age of De Bruyne and Gundogan, the obvious desire for Bernardo Silva to leave at some point and the relatively unproven nature as central midfielders of Foden and Palmer. I like Foden but he's hardly played in midfield for 12 months or so. He has potential to play there in the same way Elliott does. Though Foden is still relatively unproven as a long term midfield successor to KdB despite being an outstanding prospect and a more proven front 3 player.

I think it's easy to get caught up in our issues sometimes and blow them out of proportion. Our issues are relatively minor and not that different to our challengers. For example, how do Chelsea replace Kante and Jorginho long term, whilst rebuilding their defence?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33579 on: July 5, 2022, 04:32:23 pm »
Henderson has played an average of approx 3300 minutes over the last 3 seasons. Would you expect him to do similar or less next season?

As a comparison Kevin De Bruyne, who is almost exactly 12 months younger than Henderson, has done an average of about 3400 minutes per season. When do City need to start managing his minutes now he's 31?

I think people justifiably, in some cases, have a worry about the age profile of our midfield and how we manage a transition into a younger midfield over the next 12-24 months. I think City have relatively similar concerns given the age of De Bruyne and Gundogan, the obvious desire for Bernardo Silva to leave at some point and the relatively unproven nature as central midfielders of Foden and Palmer. I like Foden but he's hardly played in midfield for 12 months or so. He has potential to play there in the same way Elliott does. Though Foden is still relatively unproven as a long term midfield successor to KdB despite being an outstanding prospect and a more proven front 3 player.

I think it's easy to get caught up in our issues sometimes and blow them out of proportion. Our issues are relatively minor and not that different to our challengers. For example, how do Chelsea replace Kante and Jorginho long term, whilst rebuilding their defence?

Because you can't afford any issues if you want to win the league now. You need a perfect season and have to win every week.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33580 on: July 5, 2022, 04:33:39 pm »
Because you can't afford any issues if you want to win the league now. You need a perfect season and have to win every week.

I mean....you dont.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33581 on: July 5, 2022, 04:35:39 pm »

The same applies to City.

What happens if Belgium get the what World Cup final and play Portugal. Legs run off De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva before the 2nd half of the season.

City have to be equally perfect to win the league again. De Bruyne and Silva are a massive reason why they've won the league over the course of the last few seasons. Who do they replace those 2 with if they get injured or De Bruyne's performances fall off the hypothetical cliff now he's passed that magical age of 31?

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33582 on: July 5, 2022, 04:57:34 pm »
The same applies to City.

What happens if Belgium get the what World Cup final and play Portugal. Legs run off De Bruyne and Bernardo Silva before the 2nd half of the season.

City have to be equally perfect to win the league again. De Bruyne and Silva are a massive reason why they've won the league over the course of the last few seasons. Who do they replace those 2 with if they get injured or De Bruyne's performances fall off the hypothetical cliff now he's passed that magical age of 31?

We've forced them to be again last season and will hopefully push them all the way again. We know what they're capable of though.

They drop points here and there but they haven't had a bad run of form in 5 years.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33583 on: July 5, 2022, 07:42:07 pm »
We've forced them to be again last season and will hopefully push them all the way again. We know what they're capable of though.

They drop points here and there but they haven't had a bad run of form in 5 years.

What would you call their Autumn results in our Championship season?

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33584 on: July 5, 2022, 07:57:18 pm »

In the context of the last 5 seasons, what do you constitute as a 'bad run of form'?

How many 'bad runs of form' would you say Liverpool have had since start of 2018/19 season?

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33585 on: July 5, 2022, 09:04:58 pm »
In the context of the last 5 seasons, what do you constitute as a 'bad run of form'?

How many 'bad runs of form' would you say Liverpool have had since start of 2018/19 season?

Crucially drew 4 out of 6 games at the start of 2019 which allowed City to claw the lead back where they won 18 out their last 19. 19/20 we were near perfect. 20/21 obviously had that disastrous run. Went 3 games without a win around Christmas last season which is where City built their lead up. Also dropped points in 4 out of 6 games between Brentford away and West Ham away.

What would you call their Autumn results in our Championship season?

Won 8 out of their first 11. Never went 2 games without a win. I suppose did have a bit of a wobble after we beat them with 4 wins, a draw and another 2 defeats over the next sequence of games, but it took us winning every single game and building up a lead to rattle them.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 09:10:35 pm by Fromola »

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33586 on: July 5, 2022, 09:38:50 pm »
City have had the following:

2017/18 -  Lost 3 games on the bounce (admittedly they were near faultless most of this season)

2018/19 -  lost 3 out of 4 PL games in December but obviously recovered to win the league

2019/20 - between 10th Nov and 27th December PL record was W4 D1 L3 (dropped 10 points across 8 games). Also drew in 2 CL games in that period (and won 1)

2020/21 - started the PL season W5 D5 L2 (dropped 16 points across 1st 12 PL games). Ended season losing 3 out of their last 7 PL games. In that period they also got beat in FA Cup semi final and CL final.

2021/22 - again not the greatest PL start -W6 D2 L2. Dropped 10 points in 1st 10 games. Got KO of EFL cup in same period. Also had a spell in J January - April where they dropped points in 4 out of 9 PL games and got beaten in FA Cup.

None of these are terrible runs of form. Nothing like we had in 2020/21. Though City haven't faced the type of circumstances (and not just injuries) that we did in that period.

I'd push back on the notion that City are perfect and don't have sticky spells of form during most seasons. Sometimes when the pressure is on they falter. Maybe interestingly, a few times at the start of a season. City have done just enough to beat us to the title by 1 point on 2 occasions. The other times we didn't challenge due to injuries/circumstances and we blew them away the other time.

There is minuscule difference between the 2 sides. I'd argue both side are capable of going on long winning runs and both sides are susceptible to sticky patches of form. Neither is perfect and the narrative that City are a faultless machine is not entirely true.

Now my original point was really about the age of the midfields and why we should be worried that our key midfielders are just turned 30 in 2 instances yet City don't need to despite their most important player, not just midfielder, being 31 going into the season. Another of their main midfielders being 31 also, and one of the other lad in midfield looking to get off every summer. Rodri is excellent and at a good age. Phillips is hugely untested at this level (not yet played in 50 PL games) but looks decent.

I don't see much difference in overall midfield quality (when you include depth) or that much difference in age profiles between us and City. Yet some believe our midfield needs managing and plans put in place to replace them now, whilst City are an unstoppable machine with their 30 something key players in midfield. The 2 things don't quite stack up to me.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33587 on: July 5, 2022, 11:54:49 pm »
Fromola,

How have they “not had a run of bad form in 5 years” when we smashed the league in 2019/20?

Two other seasons, there was one point in it, yet you talk like City are perfect and we’re just getting by. We Literally could have won the league those seasons with one extra goal or one different decision. 

I’m assuming it’s just your natural pessimism... it reminds me of the 19/20 season when you kept predicting the next game would be our first loss and City were about to go on a winning streak, even after lots of games in a row where you were proven wrong. (I used to think you were a City fan, but I just think you’re venting your worries.)

Anyway, Jookie has just proved your argument is nonsense.  :)
« Last Edit: July 5, 2022, 11:58:05 pm by Peabee »
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33588 on: July 6, 2022, 12:07:27 am »

I don't see much difference in overall midfield quality (when you include depth) or that much difference in age profiles between us and City. Yet some believe our midfield needs managing and plans put in place to replace them now, whilst City are an unstoppable machine with their 30 something key players in midfield. The 2 things don't quite stack up to me.

I think there is a considerable difference

Firstly Man City don't have to plan or gamble they could wait for a midfield player to blossom (like potentially Declan Rice)  and buy them at the peak of their value and pay (300k+) top wages,  and if that player fails, spend big again the following summer, we can't and have to box clever, bring in younger players and think ahead.  Some of our transfers might be bought a few yrs before they hit their peak, so we shouldn't wait for our talent to whither on the vine before we move, with this in mind

Our go to midfield is more than a shade down on overall quality vs theirs and on durability. None of Keita, henderson, fab or thiago have delivered 30 pl starts for Klopp, whereas Rodri, de bruyne and silva have each done this multiple times for guardiola. 

You might say Klopp chooses to rotate in midfield, I think that is down to necessity as Gini hit 30+ pl starts almost every yr

Silva might hint he might leave every so often, but he signed a contract extension a few months ago, as usual City can pay their way out of trouble, we need to look ahead

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33589 on: July 6, 2022, 01:05:41 am »
I think there is a considerable difference

Firstly Man City don't have to plan or gamble they could wait for a midfield player to blossom (like potentially Declan Rice)  and buy them at the peak of their value and pay (300k+) top wages,  and if that player fails, spend big again the following summer, we can't and have to box clever, bring in younger players and think ahead.  Some of our transfers might be bought a few yrs before they hit their peak, so we shouldn't wait for our talent to whither on the vine before we move, with this in mind

Our go to midfield is more than a shade down on overall quality vs theirs and on durability. None of Keita, henderson, fab or thiago have delivered 30 pl starts for Klopp, whereas Rodri, de bruyne and silva have each done this multiple times for guardiola. 

You might say Klopp chooses to rotate in midfield, I think that is down to necessity as Gini hit 30+ pl starts almost every yr

Silva might hint he might leave every so often, but he signed a contract extension a few months ago, as usual City can pay their way out of trouble, we need to look ahead
How Klopp and Pep use the MFers is different also.
Rodri sits and both of the CM normally push to play intbetween the lines as he winger provide width and full backs help protect vs the counter. Klopp the 6 and the normally the left side 8 both stay behind the ball to protect the counter as the FUllback go forward and provide width

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33590 on: July 6, 2022, 09:15:04 am »
Fromola,

How have they “not had a run of bad form in 5 years” when we smashed the league in 2019/20?

Two other seasons, there was one point in it, yet you talk like City are perfect and we’re just getting by. We Literally could have won the league those seasons with one extra goal or one different decision. 

I’m assuming it’s just your natural pessimism... it reminds me of the 19/20 season when you kept predicting the next game would be our first loss and City were about to go on a winning streak, even after lots of games in a row where you were proven wrong. (I used to think you were a City fan, but I just think you’re venting your worries.)

Its incredible to me that someone can post such utter tosh as if its actually correct, with such certainty.

In 19/20 82 points would have won the league (32 dropped points), in 20/21 75 points would have won the league (39 dropped points), in 21/22 94 points would have won the league (20 dropped points). This idea that we have to be 'perfect' seems to have become gospel when its clearly not the case.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33591 on: July 6, 2022, 09:53:33 am »
Fromola,

They heads had gone at the start of the 2020/21 season too and we would have won it if not for those injuries.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33592 on: July 6, 2022, 10:13:34 am »
Its incredible to me that someone can post such utter tosh as if its actually correct, with such certainty.

In 19/20 82 points would have won the league (32 dropped points), in 20/21 75 points would have won the league (39 dropped points), in 21/22 94 points would have won the league (20 dropped points). This idea that we have to be 'perfect' seems to have become gospel when its clearly not the case.

Not quite sure what you're doing with the points totals here. City got 86 points in 20/21.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #33593 on: July 6, 2022, 10:13:53 am »

This is a bit misleading. What matters from the perspective of Man City is getting more points than THEM, not just enough points to win the league generally (ie more than whichever team in 2nd place got). We're not competing with ourselves, or Chelsea, or United, to win the title. The likelihood of another team winning the title is small, though not impossible.

But if we're talking about how good we, ie LFC, have to be to win the league, then we need to be beating the following total:

21/22 - 93 points
20/21 - 86 points
19/20 - 81 points
18/19 - 98 points
17/18 - 100 points

Those are huge. The one season they really dropped off, we won at a canter. 86 points is a high total, it's only their unbelievable consistency in recent years (and our hugely impressive form) that makes it seem more achievable. The others are all 90+ which is historically staggering.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2022, 10:17:04 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33594 on: July 6, 2022, 10:20:50 am »
Not quite sure what you're doing with the points totals here. City got 86 points in 20/21.

How many points would have won them the league?

This is a bit misleading. What matters from the perspective of Man City is getting more points than THEM, not just enough points to win the league generally (ie more than whichever team in 2nd place got). We're nor competing with ourselves, or Chelsea, or United, to win the title. The likelihood of another team winning the title is small, though not impossible.

But if we're talking about how good we, ie LFC, have to be to win the league, then we need to be beating the following total:

21/22 - 93 points
20/21 - 86 points
19/20 - 81 points
18/19 - 98 points
17/18 - 100 points

Those are huge. The one season they really dropped off, we won at a canter. 86 points is a high total, it's only their unbelievable consistency in recent years (and our hugely impressive form) that makes it seem more achievable. The others are all 90+ which is historically staggering.

Thats 92 points on average, which is fairly standard for winning a league title. Its a good title winning season if you get 92 points, but hardly 'fuck we need to be perfect to win it' sort of standard. Thats 5 losses and 7 draws. Mid-90s is probably whats required to challenge now, which is tough but again its not a case of dropping points and thats it (which is what I was saying isn't correct as Fromola was insisting).

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33595 on: July 6, 2022, 10:31:45 am »

We do have to be near enough perfect though.

City have proved that when the pressure is to get results that they do and they can easily go on runs of 10 games plus unbeaten when required.

When the pressure is off it terms of them having a good lead at the top then yes they will drop off because they can afford too but as we found out last season they will just turn everything back on when the pressure comes back on them and they need too.

What we have to do is try to get ahead of them early and stay there. Make sure we beat them at least once next season and hope others do also.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33596 on: July 6, 2022, 10:38:25 am »
We do have to be near enough perfect though.

City have proved that when the pressure is to get results that they do and they can easily go on runs of 10 games plus unbeaten when required.

When the pressure is off it terms of them having a good lead at the top then yes they will drop off because they can afford too but as we found out last season they will just turn everything back on when the pressure comes back on them and they need too.

What we have to do is try to get ahead of them early and stay there. Make sure we beat them at least once next season and hope others do also.

We don't though :)

When the pressure was on in 19/20, they wilted. When the pressure was on in 20/21 for the first half of the season, they wilted. Last season they were 14 points clear in January and ended up scraping it in the last ten minutes of the season. They're not this all conquering, unbeatable behemoth that some are keen to tag them as (and we wont talk about the decisions which pushed them over the line last season). They're also yet another season away from the one trophy they're absolutely desperate for, which I'm pretty certain will impact on their desire to win the title this season.

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #33597 on: July 6, 2022, 10:42:09 am »
Any truth to these Bellingham rumours or just twitter bollocks?

I'm that confident that we will sign him that i have changed my avatar   :)
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33598 on: July 6, 2022, 10:49:41 am »
We don't though :)

When the pressure was on in 19/20, they wilted. When the pressure was on in 20/21 for the first half of the season, they wilted. Last season they were 14 points clear in January and ended up scraping it in the last ten minutes of the season. They're not this all conquering, unbeatable behemoth that some are keen to tag them as (and we wont talk about the decisions which pushed them over the line last season). They're also yet another season away from the one trophy they're absolutely desperate for, which I'm pretty certain will impact on their desire to win the title this season.
The only times they won comfortably was when they were competing with Manchester United lol.

Online royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33599 on: July 6, 2022, 10:56:48 am »
Been away two days - anything happening folks?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422