Author Topic: Quiet cafes (with WiFi!)  (Read 2545 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Quiet cafes (with WiFi!)
« on: October 30, 2019, 11:57:15 am »
Need somewhere to "work from home" a bit on Wednesday morning where I can be on an hour long conference call. Any suggestions of somewhere quiet? Doesn't necessarily have to be a cafe, but anywhere I can just sit without the constant humming of Starbucks etc.
YNWA.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Quiet cafes (with WiFi!)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 11:59:18 am »
Town centre?

The Starbucks on Old Hall St tends to be relatively quiet and has a section by the window which is out of the way of the main bit.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 02:14:56 pm »
Ask Rob; he knows a cracker little cafe above a gym that's always quiet.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 05:01:44 pm »
Need somewhere to "work from home" a bit on Wednesday morning where I can be on an hour long conference call. Any suggestions of somewhere quiet? Doesn't necessarily have to be a cafe, but anywhere I can just sit without the constant humming of Starbucks etc.

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 06:21:07 pm »
If you are in town, Rococo on Lord Street is nice. It's on a couple of floors and you can usually find a fairly quiet spec in there.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186337-d2715507-Reviews-Rococo_Coffee_House-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #5 on: November 4, 2019, 09:00:44 am »
If you are in town, Rococo on Lord Street is nice. It's on a couple of floors and you can usually find a fairly quiet spec in there.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186337-d2715507-Reviews-Rococo_Coffee_House-Liverpool_Merseyside_England.html

yep Rococo is great, id second that

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 5, 2019, 12:40:03 pm »
Thank you lads. I tried "working from home" after PSG away last season. As soon as I unmuted my phone on a conference call a barrage of French police came rushing past  ;D. Hoping this is less obvious. Shh!
YNWA.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 10:26:52 pm »
Rococo is great but it's often rammed.  Not really a place to try and get work done unless you can find a quiet corner free.

I quite like the Nero on Bold Street near Central Station.  Upstairs is usually fairly quiet.  Fact or The Brink during the day may be pretty docile too.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 12:44:15 am »
Rococo is great but it's often rammed.  Not really a place to try and get work done unless you can find a quiet corner free.

I quite like the Nero on Bold Street near Central Station.  Upstairs is usually fairly quiet.  Fact or The Brink during the day may be pretty docile too.

Upstairs is usually pretty quiet in Rococo.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 08:01:38 pm »
Upstairs is usually pretty quiet in Rococo.

I've been in on days when both floors were very busy.  I think it's in part due to it being open till 7pm.  It might be slightly quieter daytime on a Wednesday.

Actually downstairs in Nero on Lord Street can be pretty much dead too.  Plus it has plenty of plug sockets for a laptop.  I'm often in there with my art.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 08:09:15 am »
Tabac on Wood St in the day is good. Booth to yourself at the back with laptop out, great wifi, table service, in the day it's well more a cafe than the boozer I treat it as at night!