Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3462126 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE, GYMS OPEN
« Reply #42800 on: December 8, 2020, 03:02:05 pm »
American press reporting that the Pfizer vaccine provides good protection even after once dose which is good news as well, but two will still need to be given to get to 95% effectiveness

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #42801 on: December 8, 2020, 03:31:02 pm »
American press reporting that the Pfizer vaccine provides good protection even after once dose which is good news as well, but two will still need to be given to get to 95% effectiveness

Seems to be better and better, hopefully the Oxford one gets itself sorted out and similar effect

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #42802 on: December 8, 2020, 03:48:45 pm »
Who's actually responsible for this vaccine then, I see the manufacturers have managed to dodge responsibility.

From NHS documents:

I know a few doctors that are worried they will be on the hook for prescribing it. If someone dies as a result (or suspected) and the family decide to take legal action, does anyone know who takes the wrap?

If they are a GP/private practitioner then they will have professional indemnity insurance - they have to. If they work for an NHS Trust then the defendant would be the Trust itself and not the individual doctor.

I cannot forsee circumstances at the moment when doctors would be sued for administering this vaccine but each case is unique

"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42803 on: December 8, 2020, 04:04:04 pm »
Independent scientific review confirms the Oxford vaccine is ‘safe and protects against disease’.  Paper is peer reviewed and available on the lancet.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42804 on: December 8, 2020, 04:14:33 pm »
London has gone from 150 per 100k a month ago to 169.6.  21 out of 32 boroughs showing a rise in cases, it's higher than all but five current tier 3 regions.

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #42805 on: December 8, 2020, 04:14:38 pm »
Independent scientific review confirms the Oxford vaccine is ‘safe and protects against disease’.  Paper is peer reviewed and available on the lancet.

Yep. Here's some expert reaction: https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/expert-reaction-to-a-study-on-the-results-of-phase-3-human-trials-of-the-oxford-az-covid-19-vaccine/

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42806 on: December 8, 2020, 04:18:44 pm »

But what do people with no scientific experience or their own personal agenda to push, think? That's the key.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #42808 on: December 8, 2020, 04:24:15 pm »
Just the question of what doses to give and if that lower one works in over 55's

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42809 on: December 8, 2020, 04:26:13 pm »
London has gone from 150 per 100k a month ago to 169.6.  21 out of 32 boroughs showing a rise in cases, it's higher than all but five current tier 3 regions.

They'll come up with some excuse why they remain in Tier 2, probably drag that arrogant twat IDS out again.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42810 on: December 8, 2020, 04:30:23 pm »
Interesting study across 1.4 million people by the Zoe app team. They wanted to see if there was anything to suggest that taking vitamins etc. helps protect you from catching Coronavirus. So far as their results show, it seems that supplements such as taking vitamin D, multivitamins, or probiotics does have a link to not catching it. But only for women. So they're a bit puzzled as to what cause and effect is going on. Their advice is to just eat a healthy diet anyway as the difference isn't so large as to make them think they should be recommending specific things to take.

Always hard to distinguish that from general lifestyle choices. Maybe those taking vitamins are also a bit more careful when it comes to the rest of preventive measures, such as mask wearing and ventilation.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42811 on: December 8, 2020, 04:31:05 pm »

Anyone know if there is an upper time limit on when the second dose has to be given by to give the increased protection?

I'm just wondering if it would be more efficient to plan to give everyone the first does before going back for the second (when it comes to the general population anyway, maybe not for the vulnerable and frontline workers).

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #42812 on: December 8, 2020, 04:33:02 pm »
Today's UK numbers

Cases 14,718 (prior week 12,330)
Deaths 189 (prior week 205)

Cases by sample date

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42813 on: December 8, 2020, 04:36:12 pm »
Case numbers creeping back up, I'm guessing in no small part down to London.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42814 on: December 8, 2020, 04:36:55 pm »
The Gov dashboard are showing 12,282 cases and 616 deaths, both down on the previous week.

Edit- deaths slightly higher.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2020, 04:38:44 pm by Hedley Lamarr »

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42815 on: December 8, 2020, 04:38:28 pm »
Wales too?

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #42816 on: December 8, 2020, 04:42:28 pm »
Wales and London would be good guesses! London numbers are still pretty much based on transmission in lockdown as opposed to tier 2 as well.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #42817 on: December 8, 2020, 04:44:38 pm »

Always hard to distinguish that from general lifestyle choices. Maybe those taking vitamins are also a bit more careful when it comes to the rest of preventive measures, such as mask wearing and ventilation.

Yeah, that's something they said they looked at as a possible reason but that the link was only present with specific supplements seems to make it a less likely full explanation.  One suggestion they make is that the apparent difference between men and women is that maybe women are reporting what they're taking more accurately and that the self-reporting necessary for the study may be throwing things out.

Found the link to it, sorry was on phone before when reading it and didn't see it had been put online: https://covid.joinzoe.com/post/vitamins-reduce-covid-risk
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42818 on: December 8, 2020, 05:21:16 pm »
Anyone know if there is an upper time limit on when the second dose has to be given by to give the increased protection?

I'm just wondering if it would be more efficient to plan to give everyone the first does before going back for the second (when it comes to the general population anyway, maybe not for the vulnerable and frontline workers).

No data on that yet, and not likely to get it from the trials. The numbers getting just the first dose in the trials would be too small. In real life, the numbers getting just the first dose might be higher with people dropping out of getting the second dose perhaps. Would take a while to get sufficient numbers to conclude anything though.

There would be two things to consider though. As well as the boost in efficacy from around 80% to 95% with the second dose, the length of the vaccine being effective would be important. The effectiveness of the vaccine in the immunised population as a whole might be expected to wane much slower dropping from the 95% level very slowly after the second dose than it would from 80% after just the one dose where it might drop off far quicker.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42819 on: December 8, 2020, 05:22:36 pm »

Think the positive ‘protective’ impact of vitamin D was first mentioned back in March/April.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42820 on: December 8, 2020, 07:30:27 pm »

London and Wales, probably throw Kent into that too.

Just checked the Gtr Manchester figures, dropping like a stone over here, my borough was at 99 three days ago and the region as a whole averages 159, we should be tier 2 by next week at this rate.

Think the positive ‘protective’ impact of vitamin D was first mentioned back in March/April.

We all got plenty of vit D from the sun from March to June
« Last Edit: December 8, 2020, 07:31:59 pm by Who'd rob a truck worth €19.66? Cheap Xmas scrooge! »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42821 on: December 8, 2020, 07:33:25 pm »
What’s London looking like, the website keeps crashing for me. Think my borough is down to around 150 which is still too high but I think down on the previous few weeks.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42822 on: December 8, 2020, 07:45:56 pm »
What’s London looking like, the website keeps crashing for me. Think my borough is down to around 150 which is still too high but I think down on the previous few weeks.

Up to 166 as a whole, 3 in 4 boroughs showing week on week increases, 21 of 32 boroughs now have a higher than national average infection rate and the outer boroughs running at 205, higher than Leicester - you're going to need to go into Tier 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55228119

Regent Street last week.

« Last Edit: December 8, 2020, 07:48:36 pm by Who'd rob a truck worth €19.66? Cheap Xmas scrooge! »
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42823 on: December 8, 2020, 07:52:14 pm »
In am I’m alright Jack kind of way it wouldn’t change much for me Rob. Not going out anywhere or seeing anyone.

That pic looks bad but you can probably find similar across the country I’d have thought. Idiots everywhere.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42824 on: December 8, 2020, 08:03:31 pm »
Today's UK numbers

Cases 14,718 (prior week 12,330)
Deaths 189 (prior week 205)

Cases by sample date

Those are yesterday’s numbers. The last couple of days the figures on the landing page have been a day out and needed to go into each section for the real daily figure. Looks like it’s fixed now.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #42825 on: December 8, 2020, 08:06:39 pm »
New Statesman's data team have had a look at explaining why the government has accepted the expert advice on who to vaccinate first. (Spoiler: it's because the experts know what they're talking about.)

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tech/coronavirus/2020/12/how-covid-19-vaccines-could-rapidly-reduce-uk-s-death-rate

The first wave of 800,000 Pfizer doses will soon be supplemented by more waves of supply. A total of four million doses of the Pfizer vaccine are, according to UK health chiefs yesterday, due in the country by the end of this month – enough to vaccinate two million people.

Those two million vaccinations should almost halve the UK-wide risk of death. This is evident from the Office of National Statistics’ Covid-19 fatality data. As the data reveals, 42 per cent of coronavirus deaths in the UK have been among those aged 85 and over. There are about 1.65 million people in the UK of this age, or around 2 per cent of the population. The four million Pfizer doses due across the UK in the final weeks of 2020 will be enough to vaccinate them all. Assuming a 95 per cent effectiveness rate, that would cut the fatality risk of coronavirus by 40 per cent.

The next stage will be to vaccinate all those aged at least 75. There are 5.7 million Britons in this category (or 9 per cent of the population). Those aged 75 or over happen to account for 75 per cent of fatalities of Covid-19 so far. In other words, vaccinating everyone aged at least 75 could cut 71 per cent of the UK-wide risk, again assuming an efficacy of 95 per cent.

This level of vaccination will require 11.4 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine – or as little as 8.6 million doses of the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine, if its experimental 1.5x dose is approved by regulators.

There are two further key stages to keep in mind. First, vaccinating everyone aged at least 65 will further reduce the UK’s Covid-19 fatality risk, potentially resulting in an 86 per cent reduction in risk, as this age group and above has accounted for 90 per cent of deaths. This will require just under 25 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine in total.

The UK has ordered 40 million doses of the vaccine, with the “bulk” of those expected to be available and administered in January and February. By that point, Covid-19’s fatality risk may have reached a level comparable to flu.

Finally, a further 25 million doses will take the cut in risk to 94 per cent, by vaccinating everyone aged at least 50, as well as those most at risk between 16 and 49 (accounting for 99 per cent of Covid-19 deaths so far) – this is the government’s plan.

There appears to be a very real possibility of the UK largely eliminating the fatality risk of Covid-19 by early spring. And if current plans are realised, much of the risk could be reduced even earlier than that.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42826 on: December 8, 2020, 09:08:34 pm »
In am I’m alright Jack kind of way it wouldn’t change much for me Rob. Not going out anywhere or seeing anyone.

That pic looks bad but you can probably find similar across the country I’d have thought. Idiots everywhere.

I'm missing going for our weekly date night, we've started doing it since lockdown 1 ended and its helped us big style. The restaurants by ours have took so much care and attention to get covid safe I have no issues going out, much rather there than go shopping in B&M, Asda or Aldi.

As for that pic, I'd be wearing a mask if out in that crowd.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42829 on: December 9, 2020, 06:50:32 am »
Doctors have to take professional indemnity insurance (as with most professions that require a higher qualification). I'm surprised your Doctor friends are unaware of this.

Obviously they are (smart arse), just because your insured doesn't mean your happy to potentially end up in a court battle against upset relatives. Especially if it's through no mistake of their own.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2020, 06:55:10 am by WorldChampions »

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #42830 on: December 9, 2020, 07:57:54 am »
Wales too?

South Wales mostly, we’ve been alright up here in north wales, some of the lowest rates in the U.K. I believe if not then  definitely in Wales  :)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42831 on: December 9, 2020, 08:43:48 am »
Anybody know if this is in-line with what's happening to other people.

My brother (28, and tested positive at the start of October) was absolutely fine yesterday, but developed a bad cough and bad headache in the evening and then his breathing became so bad an ambulance was called. The parademics decided to take him to Whiston as a suspected case. He was admitted. But he has already been discharged this morning, without being tested, and told it is on him to get tested elsewhere. Are hospitals testing admissions for suspected cases? Does the fact he tested positive already possibly mean they have deemed him low probability/priority and just moved him on?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #42832 on: December 9, 2020, 09:59:01 am »
Precautionary warning for the moment about the Pfizer vaccine and not getting it just yet if you have a history of 'significant' allergic reactions to some things.

UK regulators have issued a warning that people who have a history of “significant” allergic reactions should not currently receive the Pfizer/BioNTech  Covid-19 vaccine after two people who had the jab on Tuesday had allergic reactions.

Two NHS staff members who received the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine on Tuesday – on the first day of the mass vaccination programme – suffered an allergic reaction, the NHS in England has confirmed.

Both are recovering, it is understood.

The NHS in England said all trusts involved with the vaccination programme have been informed.

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has given precautionary advice to NHS trusts that anyone who has a history of “significant” allergic reactions to medicines, food or vaccines should not receive the vaccine.

Professor Stephen Powis, national medical director for the NHS in England, said: “As is common with new vaccines the MHRA have advised on a precautionary basis that people with a significant history of allergic reactions do not receive this vaccination after two people with a history of significant allergic reactions responded adversely yesterday. Both are recovering well.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/warning-patients-pfizer-biontech-covid-allergic-reactions-b229762.html

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #42834 on: December 9, 2020, 10:10:47 am »
Obviously they are (smart arse), just because your insured doesn't mean your happy to potentially end up in a court battle against upset relatives. Especially if it's through no mistake of their own.

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/covid-19/gp-practices/covid-19-vaccination-programme

They are all indemnified.

I would be staggered if any claim against them got anywhere at all.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #42835 on: December 9, 2020, 10:14:17 am »
Precautionary warning for the moment about the Pfizer vaccine and not getting it just yet if you have a history of 'significant' allergic reactions to some things.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/warning-patients-pfizer-biontech-covid-allergic-reactions-b229762.html

It’s things like this that will erode trust and get the anti-vaxxers going. Did they not pick this up in the trials FFS.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Babel Time

• "Gezza job!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42836 on: December 9, 2020, 10:21:57 am »
It’s things like this that will erode trust and get the anti-vaxxers going. Did they not pick this up in the trials FFS.

Probably don't get too many people volunteering for vaccine trials who often suffer from bad allergic reactions.
Babel Time (n) Difference in time between supporters calling for player to come from the bench in a bid to change the game, and the time it takes the supporters to round on said substitute after he's come on and proved ineffectual. ...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42837 on: December 9, 2020, 10:34:17 am »

More fool them then. It's about people being sensible, you can't guarantee anything one hundred per cent no matter how much testing you do.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42838 on: December 9, 2020, 10:41:40 am »
More fool them then. It's about people being sensible, you can't guarantee anything one hundred per cent no matter how much testing you do.

Not really.  How would you feel if you suffered from significant allergic reactions?  I'd be worried and would take the advice not to have it.

It's all about risk, isn't it.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #42839 on: December 9, 2020, 10:44:18 am »
An allergic reaction, whilst not common, is not unusual for most types of vaccination including the flu jab and inoculations as a child.

It is also not unusual for various types of medication and also for anaesthetic