Author Topic: Rafa Vs Roy - the differences that you as a fan can see with your own eyes.  (Read 26286 times)

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
For me this is simple no?

vs

http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
I don't know how long this thread will stay alive but . . .

The saddest thing for me is how much different (and worse) Rafa looks these days than he did in those pictures. Sure, time passing affects us all but . . . dear me, has that man aged or what?

It's amazing what stress will do to ya.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Let's throw him a welcome home party.

I'll start:

RAFA BENITEZ, RAFA BENITEZ
RARARARAFA BENITEZ
RARARARAFA BENITEZ
XABI ALONSO, GARCIA AND NUNEZ
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
Hodgson sipping wine with bacon face after the game and scared to offend his good friend -> Rafa laying into the arl c*nt and telling some truths.

Enough said.

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
I just think that Liverpool fc should never be int he position of hiring a man whso done fuck all in football. Rafa was hired because he had won 2 la ligas and a uefa cup in 3 years in a team that wasnt expected to win.

Hodgson has done fuck all.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline megabomberman

• Kopite
  • YNWA to all who wear the red.
'Mr. Ferguson' - Oh Rafa how I love thee.

Offline L7S

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I don't know how long this thread will stay alive but . . .

The saddest thing for me is how much different (and worse) Rafa looks these days than he did in those pictures. Sure, time passing affects us all but . . . dear me, has that man aged or what?

Yeah, he looks like he has aged way more than just 5 years in his tenure with us.
It's amazing what stress will do to ya.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Ra Ra Rafa Benitez...
He is only on loan...
He is definitely gonna come back home...
Ra Ra Rafa Benitez...

- Source: RAWK.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
HE'S ONLY ON LOAN
HE'S ONLY ON LOOOOOOOAN
NOW WE'VE NEW OWNERS
WE'LL BRING HIM BACK HOME
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
I love Rafa, but this has to stop, the forum is turning into shit.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Re: Rafa Vs Roy - the differences that you as a fan can see with your own eyes.
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 02:30:32 am »
'Mr. Ferguson' - Oh Rafa how I love thee.

Good one Rafael.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2010, 02:31:58 am »
I just think that Liverpool fc should never be int he position of hiring a man whso done fuck all in football. Rafa was hired because he had won 2 la ligas and a uefa cup in 3 years in a team that wasnt expected to win.

I can handle us not winning the title in 20 odd years but what I can't handle is the man at the helm has no chance of building anything that will even get us close.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2010, 02:33:29 am »
the difference is painfully, worryingly clear

under rafa we had a team who i really thought could do anything - under roy we have a team who don't look like they want to do anything

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 02:35:38 am »
I hope this gets in before it's locked, but anyone who can't see the difference's doesn't have a clue as far as I'm concerned.
Nevermind the differences in the two men's personalities, how they conduct themselves or what they feel for our club, city and people. A blind man on a fast horse can see that. The thing that makes me ill is how people use last season to villify Rafa and give credence to Roy.

The difference in the two men's footballing phillosphies are huge. We all know what we were capable of at our best under Rafa. But what we are seeing from Roy, is his best. Don't have a go at me for that. They are Roy's words, not mine. I don't need to lie or exagerate to show Roy's failings. He does that himself every time he opens his mouth or sends his team out.

Under him we have become a passive team. This is his MO. The one he has such faith in and is determind not to change. So this is what we bound to get while he's here... a team that defends far to deep, that falls back to regain shape each time it loses the ball, and "dispatches" the ball as swiftly as possible from the back if and when we regain it. In laymen's terms... hoofball.

In my 50 years of supporting Liverpool it is the worst football I have ever known. Yes. I know we've been crap, but never has it been our system to be crap. He has to go, before he instills this in the team and inflicts the type of damage we might never recover from.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:37:40 am by FAT SCOUSER »
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 02:42:12 am »
I hope this gets in before it's locked, but anyone who can't see the difference's doesn't have a clue as far as I'm concerned.
Nevermind the differences in the two men's personalities, how they conduct themselves or what they feel for our club, city and people. A blind man on a fast horse can see that. The thing that makes me ill is how people use last season to villify Rafa and give credence to Roy.

The difference in the two men's footballing phillosphies are huge. We all know what we were capable of at our best under Rafa. But what we are seeing from Roy, is his best. Don't have a go at me for that. They are Roy's words, not mine. I don't need to lie or exagerate to show Roy's failings. He does that himself every time he opens his mouth or sends his team out.

Under him we have become a passive team. This is his MO. The one he has such faith in and is determind not to change. So this is what we bound to get while he's here... a team that defends far to deep, that falls back to regain shape each time it loses the ball, and "dispatches" the ball as swiftly as possible from the back if and when we regain it. In laymen's terms... hoofball.

In my 50 years of supporting Liverpool it is the worst football I have ever known. Yes. I know we've been crap, but never has it been our system to be crap. He has to go, before he instills this in the team and inflicts the type of damage we might never recover from.

Spot on mate. I love your posts, and also Andy@allterton. Becasue you 2 are the same as me, frustrated and passionate.

Roy has sucked all off my passion for football out of me. Even with hicks and gillet we still felt like we had one of us on the inside working for us in rafa. With roy, he couldnt be more different and further detatched frmo the fans if he tried.

I hope the game is called off tomorrow, because basicly i cant be arsed. If its not called off, i wont be going and my ticket will go to waste, because you cant even give them away these days.

Says it all really.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 02:44:03 am »
"There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that lost by not trying.” -
   Sir Francis Bacon.

Offline SeanAxion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 02:44:35 am »
As a fan, the main difference that I can see between Rafa and Roy is...

Rafa has a goatee on his chin whereas Roy appears to have some form of scrotal tissue there.

Offline IrishMike

• Main Stander
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 02:45:19 am »
Fully agree with you FS on this "The thing that makes me ill is how people use last season to villify Rafa and give credence to Roy".

"It is like a dream to be here...I want to win. I want the the supporters to be proud of the team, the manager, the players and the club." Rafa Benitez. June 16, 2004

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 02:48:31 am »
A proud, humble man who fought and died for the fans.

A man who doesn't even bother to touch the 'This is Anfield' sign, and refers to us as 'Liverpool fans'.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49:12 am »
As a fan, the main difference that I can see between Rafa and Roy is...

Rafa has a goatee on his chin whereas Roy appears to have some form of scrotal tissue there.
When did you see that?
I've never seen his chin, he's always rubbing it
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Cooper-Man

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 02:49:44 am »
One obvious one is Torres......................His goal scoring rate was nearly a goal a game. Now this has gone down the drain. HE was breaking records at will. Now he is begging for the ball.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 02:50:55 am »
Nothing to compare... it's like a Rolls vs Zastava (see picture below)...

VS

"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2010, 02:52:56 am »
"There is no comparison between that which is lost by not succeeding and that lost by not trying.” -
   Sir Francis Bacon.
This is it for me. Close the thread.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2010, 02:54:10 am »
The difference is one made us believe while the other does everything to try to stop us from believing to save his own skin. One had the pull of players that only afew in the world have while the other would rather buy crap from his previous clubs. One epitomises everything a liverpool manager should be while the other does the opposite and makes us weap.

Offline SeanAxion

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2010, 02:56:41 am »
When did you see that?
I've never seen his chin, he's always rubbing it

trust me, its there mate! Hence all the rubbing, the dirty old man...

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 02:59:50 am »
We'll call this the suicide thead.

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2010, 03:18:22 am »
The difference is one made us believe while the other does everything to try to stop us from believing to save his own skin. One had the pull of players that only afew in the world have while the other would rather buy crap from his previous clubs. One epitomises everything a liverpool manager should be while the other does the opposite and makes us weap.

amazing!
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2010, 03:22:29 am »
It's only ok to constantly bring up the 'Rafa vs Roy' argument if you're having a dig at Roy.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2010, 03:25:57 am »
Not to mention the donation he made to the HJC after he left. Can't even imagine Roy doing anything like that. Class act, Rafa.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2010, 03:29:41 am »
Rafa fitted into the community seemlessly, the stories we heard about him are heartwarming to say the least.

The one about the little girl on the beach out with her class, and over she goes to talk to some auld man. The teacher was non the happier, until the little girl said "its alright miss, its Rafa!" :D legend..
He has played footy with the boys in the primary school where his kids went.
who could forget his epic dancin on stage last year? memorable shit that was :)
He gave to the local charities, and firmly believed in their causes,
he firmly believed in us and our passion and beliefs.

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:01 am »
It's only ok to constantly bring up the 'Rafa vs Roy' argument if you're having a dig at Roy.

erm no, but im sorry im not having people having a dig at a man who gave me the most amazing night of my life and a trip most peeople would only ever dream of without some sort of retaliation.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:51 am »
Roy Hodgson is Roy Hodgson. He has worked in the same fashion for a very long time and for us to get all up in arms about his employing passive, dull tactics is perhaps overlooking the real issue which is the fact that he was employed in the first place.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 03:34:57 am »
Not to mention the donation he made to the HJC after he left. Can't even imagine Roy doing anything like that. Class act, Rafa.

Russell brand has more of a fucking affinity with liverpool fc than hodgson.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2010, 03:37:24 am »
Rafa fitted into the community seemlessly, the stories we heard about him are heartwarming to say the least.

The one about the little girl on the beach out with her class, and over she goes to talk to some auld man. The teacher was non the happier, until the little girl said "its alright miss, its Rafa!" :D legend..
He has played footy with the boys in the primary school where his kids went.
who could forget his epic dancin on stage last year? memorable shit that was :)
He gave to the local charities, and firmly believed in their causes,
he firmly believed in us and our passion and beliefs.

One of us vs some journeyman who doesn't give a fuck about us and is only in it for himself.

I'll bet when he is finally canned the shit that comes out of his mouth will be nothing compared the pure class of the other in the regard he speaks of us (despite the despicable manner in which he was treated by those c*nts who owned and ran our club).
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2010, 05:19:54 am »
One of us vs some journeyman who doesn't give a fuck about us and is only in it for himself.

Offline Kokop

• Main Stander
    • Needaquote
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2010, 05:40:16 am »
Spot on mate. I love your posts, and also Andy@allterton. Becasue you 2 are the same as me, frustrated and passionate.

Roy has sucked all off my passion for football out of me. Even with hicks and gillet we still felt like we had one of us on the inside working for us in rafa. With roy, he couldnt be more different and further detatched frmo the fans if he tried.

I hope the game is called off tomorrow, because basicly i cant be arsed. If its not called off, i wont be going and my ticket will go to waste, because you cant even give them away these days.

Says it all really.

Spot on.
3 years ago I made an effort to watch every LFC game.
Now I just scan the scores, total lack of interest due to the dros that unfolds every game.
And its not just me, all of us down here in summer are disconected from the actual football.
We love LFC, we just see no point in watching the games anymore...

It HAS to change
Squeeze every last drop out of the club you C*NTS

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2010, 06:57:14 am »
Spot on.
3 years ago I made an effort to watch every LFC game.
Now I just scan the scores, total lack of interest due to the dros that unfolds every game.
And its not just me, all of us down here in summer are disconected from the actual football.
We love LFC, we just see no point in watching the games anymore...

It HAS to change
I understand we're losing matches and playing shit, but if that's your attitude you can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
ynwa

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2010, 07:44:10 am »
I understand we're losing matches and playing shit, but if that's your attitude you can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.
Why? The blokes from Cape Town. Who are you to tell him how to support? Do you expect him to get a flight from South Africa for every game? Wind your neck in eh, no need for that at all.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2010, 08:32:17 am »
Love the difference being shown between the trophies.... Champions League, FA Cup, Community Shield, Super Cup > Barclays Award ...

Offline Fine Shagger, Danny Agger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2010, 08:36:47 am »
I think on the pitch, it's more of players knowing more what they should be doing when they were under Rafa. Positioning (down to the last measurement) was pounded into their memory, and movement as a team was more unified.
If you can see Martin Skrtel, he can see you.  If you can't see Martin Skrtel, you may be moments away from certain death.