Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 811891 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #7640 on: April 3, 2024, 05:14:41 pm »
Thiago Alcantara will leave Liverpool. His contract ends this summer and the English team is not considering a renewal at this time. While he recovers from his latest injury, he is exploring options in Arabia or Qatar.

[@relevo]

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #7641 on: April 3, 2024, 05:17:14 pm »

That makes sense. It is really a crying shame things didn't work out for him at Liverpool; he's a superstar player and we barely got to see that. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7642 on: April 3, 2024, 05:50:27 pm »
Shame if true but makes sense. Class when he's on the pitch but its not been nearly enough this season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7643 on: April 3, 2024, 05:54:16 pm »
Shame if true but makes sense. Class when he's on the pitch but its not been nearly enough this season.

15 mins isn't enough? you are an unforgiving task master.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7644 on: April 3, 2024, 05:54:52 pm »
damn shame but no surprise at all.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7645 on: April 3, 2024, 06:09:10 pm »
15 mins isn't enough? you are an unforgiving task master.

And we lost that game :P

It'd be a difference scenario if he were say 22/23 but yeah, it makes sense, as much as I'd still love to see him play next season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #7646 on: April 3, 2024, 07:11:36 pm »

That makes sense. It is really a crying shame things didn't work out for him at Liverpool; he's a superstar player and we barely got to see that. Good luck to him wherever he goes.
Seconded.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #7647 on: April 3, 2024, 07:16:42 pm »
The most likely outcome unfortunately. I hope he gets to add a Premier League title to his honours list. An absolute joy to watch. Also a rare kind of signing. We don’t usually buy the finished article with such a world renowned reputation.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7648 on: April 3, 2024, 07:17:50 pm »
The most likely outcome unfortunately. I hope he gets to add a Premier League title to his honours list. An absolute joy to watch. Also a rare kind of signing. We don’t usually buy the finished article with such a world renowned reputation.

Don't think they give Premier League medals to people who play one three minute cameo in the season to be honest.

Offline Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #7649 on: April 3, 2024, 07:21:52 pm »
Don't think they give Premier League medals to people who play one three minute cameo in the season to be honest.

Pretty sure the club gets an allocation and hands them out as they see fit. Or is there still a minimum threshold these days. I Think it will be a worthy prize for his contribution over the past few seasons.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 07:27:22 pm by Sonofthewind »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #7650 on: April 3, 2024, 08:09:08 pm »
He should have his own plaque in the treatment room.
Kill the humourless

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #7651 on: April 3, 2024, 08:55:22 pm »
Reckon he could go into management?

I’ve loved reading his interviews over the years, he talks about the game so passionately and think he deserves big respect for coming here and wanting to play under Klopp. He could’ve spent his career at Barcelona, won loads and had it easy, fair fucks to him for putting himself out there and having a top career. Gutted the injury gods marred his time here, it should have been so much more special.

The wait for the team sheets during 21/22 to see if he was fit were some of my most anxious times under Jurgen.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7652 on: April 3, 2024, 08:59:44 pm »
Pretty sure the club gets an allocation and hands them out as they see fit. Or is there still a minimum threshold these days. I Think it will be a worthy prize for his contribution over the past few seasons.
The club can "buy" medals as well.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7653 on: April 3, 2024, 09:01:44 pm »
He should donate a wing to Alder Hey.
Kill the humourless

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: April 3, 2024, 09:18:05 pm »
if you could monetise the shit you sling at a loyal LFC player, they'd be rich.

your caricature is beyond an embarrassment at this point. the idea that a football team would deliberately leave an injured player untreated is fucking hair brained delinquency.

even in your bizarre defamation of Shanks you've provided quotes of players who received treatment, regardless of whatever words were said. we'd not have many players choosing to sign long term contracts with the club if they were treated like an asset on a piece of paper, like your weird libertarian ideal

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7655 on: April 3, 2024, 09:46:34 pm »
if you could monetise the shit you sling at a loyal LFC player, they'd be rich.

your caricature is beyond an embarrassment at this point. the idea that a football team would deliberately leave an injured player untreated is fucking hair brained delinquency.

even in your bizarre defamation of Shanks you've provided quotes of players who received treatment, regardless of whatever words were said. we'd not have many players choosing to sign long term contracts with the club if they were treated like an asset on a piece of paper, like your weird libertarian ideal

Jesus, that’s a burn if I’ve ever seen one.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #7656 on: April 3, 2024, 10:46:53 pm »
Really great player to watch. Wish we got to see much more of his best years. Pity(in a way) his contract didn’t have another year on it. Could have picked up a decent fee from PIFs from next year’s sportswashing budget I would bet.
I’m sure he will get a big signing on bonus from Saudi anyway.  Sorry to see this kind of ending to his career.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7657 on: April 3, 2024, 10:51:59 pm »

The only caricature is your misinterpretation.
Kill the humourless

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7658 on: April 3, 2024, 10:52:39 pm »

It would be much better if you donated your brain to Alder Hey, its clearly never been used. ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7659 on: April 3, 2024, 10:57:10 pm »
Kill the humourless

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7660 on: April 3, 2024, 11:13:17 pm »
A class act, and a real shame it's ended like this.

Meanwhile, that fucking pigeon still walks amongst us...

« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 11:14:57 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #7661 on: April 4, 2024, 05:30:47 am »

It's gutting the way his last 12 months with us have gone, he's a truly joyous player to watch. It's a shame that his body just can't handle the stress, I hope he can still play a few years and enjoy himself wherever he ends up.

I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7662 on: April 4, 2024, 06:58:59 am »
time to tone down and take care of his body. Hopefully he starts to realize that maybe his time as a footballer is coming to an end.

Glad that we had glimpse of what he can do while wearing the famous red shirt

on a positive financial note, his wages surely frees up some of our finances.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7663 on: April 4, 2024, 07:03:01 am »

Michael Owen got one
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7664 on: April 4, 2024, 10:00:48 am »
It's gutting the way his last 12 months with us have gone, he's a truly joyous player to watch. It's a shame that his body just can't handle the stress, I hope he can still play a few years and enjoy himself wherever he ends up.

Having Mac Allister softens the blow. But you have chosen the right word. "Joyous" was exactly what he was. I've rarely seen a player who was constantly one step ahead of his opponents. Alonso perhaps, Kenny certainly, Pablo Aimar when he came to Anfield with Valencia. I felt a weird combination of euphoria and calmness watching him play for Liverpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7665 on: April 4, 2024, 10:16:45 am »
Having Mac Allister softens the blow. But you have chosen the right word. "Joyous" was exactly what he was. I've rarely seen a player who was constantly one step ahead of his opponents. Alonso perhaps, Kenny certainly, Pablo Aimar when he came to Anfield with Valencia. I felt a weird combination of euphoria and calmness watching him play for Liverpool.

Well said.

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #7666 on: April 4, 2024, 10:46:11 am »

I agree with that 100%. That spell of games in 2022 on the run in when we had the luxury of having every single player fit while going for the quadruple was especially joyous. Seeing Thiago in the line up then was reassuring especially when we went ahead in games as he had that calm demeanour and you knew that he was more at home with the ball at his feet than probably any other player in the League. He gave us an element of control from the chaos that our other midfielders could never really give us. We might have that now to a certain extent with Mac Allister but I'd love to have a prime fit Thiago available for the games ahead.   

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #7667 on: April 4, 2024, 10:57:06 am »

I think that judgement is a bit harsh. 20/21 he was a big part of us winning two cups, getting to the CL final and almost winning the league. Over the first three years he's been here he averaged +30 games a season, which isn't terrible. It's just the end of last season and the whole of this season that have been a real shame.

Funny that when we got Keita Jürgen said the two best Bundesliga midfielders were Naby and Thiago. Both have been here and both have been blighted by injury, but we did get a far better return from Thiago.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7668 on: April 4, 2024, 11:03:28 am »
Loved watching him .. up there with Sturridge in terms of wasted talent (not quite as we got Thiago later in his career) - in terms of pure ball retention / passing ability one of the best CMs to ever kick a ball

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7669 on: April 4, 2024, 11:04:04 am »
It must be a pretty modern thing to be so scathing of injured players. I don't remember Redknapp getting shit for being injured, or more recently Aurelio. Just disappointed because they were quality players. So odd that during a more successful period than when either of them were playing for us there's supporters who feel the need to be a lot worse towards Keita and Thiago. Don't get it at all.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7670 on: April 4, 2024, 11:10:28 am »
It must be a pretty modern thing to be so scathing of injured players. I don't remember Redknapp getting shit for being injured, or more recently Aurelio. Just disappointed because they were quality players. So odd that during a more successful period than when either of them were playing for us there's supporters who feel the need to be a lot worse towards Keita and Thiago. Don't get it at all.

It's literally one post that has produced two pages of replies. Maybe "back in the day" people just didn't get so tilted over these things.

Not that I agree with jambutty, I just find it funny how quickly one post can have people acting like it's the common discourse.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7671 on: April 4, 2024, 11:14:42 am »
It's literally one post that has produced two pages of replies. Maybe "back in the day" people just didn't get so tilted over these things.

Not that I agree with jambutty, I just find it funny how quickly one post can have people acting like it's the common discourse.

Its not one post, come on. Naby had years of shit because he got injured.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7672 on: April 4, 2024, 11:24:03 am »
Jam was shouting "shithouse" at Kenny when he wanted to come off in the semi v Bayern Munich.  :D
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7673 on: April 4, 2024, 11:27:58 am »
Jam was shouting "shithouse" at Kenny when he wanted to come off in the semi v Bayern Munich.  :D

"allegedly"
Kill the humourless

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7674 on: April 4, 2024, 11:30:50 am »
Michael Owen got one

"Well done, the Premier League's 13..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7675 on: April 4, 2024, 11:39:35 am »
Loved watching him .. up there with Sturridge in terms of wasted talent (not quite as we got Thiago later in his career) - in terms of pure ball retention / passing ability one of the best CMs to ever kick a ball

I wonder who makes up the fantasy XI of Liverpool players who were supremely talented but hampered by injury.

Some players did better than others of course, but all bound by the same question 'what if'.

Sturridge and Thiago in the first XI definitely.

Kirkland? Kewell? Keita? Even a shout for a curveball like Danny Ings who showed so much promise before injury hampered his career (a fully fit peak Ings may have been a lot of fun under Klopp)?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: April 4, 2024, 11:40:18 am »
Its not one post, come on. Naby had years of shit because he got injured.

It's one post in this thread that has kicked all of this off.

Naby was a different case as he unfortunately just never got to show what he was capable of for any extended period of time due to injuries, so opinion on him is a bit more divided.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: April 4, 2024, 11:49:14 am »
Just absolutely delighted we got to see him play for our club.  One of the most gifted we've ever had.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: April 4, 2024, 01:25:28 pm »
It's one post in this thread that has kicked all of this off.

Naby was a different case as he unfortunately just never got to show what he was capable of for any extended period of time due to injuries, so opinion on him is a bit more divided.
but one post that was repeated, and grew in disrespect as others objected to it.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #7679 on: April 4, 2024, 02:18:02 pm »
In a parallel universe our starting midfield would be Mac, Naby and Thiago
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko