Author Topic: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)  (Read 91773 times)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Re: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #760 on: December 3, 2015, 05:37:28 am »
Unbelievable improvement. How do you go from OK to amazing in about a month?
By not going trigger happy to sell and buy players before evaluating them in a new setting.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #761 on: December 3, 2015, 05:39:04 am »
Unbelievable improvement. How do you go from OK to amazing in about a month? Sturridge scoring was so pleasing. If we have a fit attack...title challenge?

I remember when debating whether we should fire Rodgers, that I had full faith in the players and none in the manager. It was all there, they way our players played at their old team and each player would have a moment of brilliance for us, Benteke against Utd, Coutinho against stoke, etc. But they couldn't put it all together, that's the coaches job and it was clear as day Rodger's was failing to do it.

All we had to do was hire a Klopp or Ancelotti and we would be competing again. Low and behold.

"I'm not writing the team off, that's what's so frustrating, they're talented and deep, athletic, probably one of the most athletic squads we have ever had with good technique and energy across the board, bar Lovren and skrtel, but there are fixes for that in our current squad, Sahko and shifting over Gomez. We also have plenty of money to spend this January and this summer.

I'm, and it pains me to write this, writing off the manager. Bring in a Klopp or Ancelotti and give them five games to settle in and we're right back in the race for top four, I truly believe that. "

I wrote that back in September after the united defeat.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline rayted_are

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: December 3, 2015, 05:58:01 am »
Divock Origi vs Southampton (Capital One Cup) (Dec. 2nd 2015)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/13xYHgJ9ZPY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/13xYHgJ9ZPY</a>

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #763 on: December 3, 2015, 06:01:40 am »
How good has Allen been since he grew a beard?

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: December 3, 2015, 06:02:52 am »
Just awful....

Awful control by Sturro which led to the first goal.
Awful pass by Can (what was he thinking???) for Sturro's second.
Awful shot by Moreno. Can't even hit the target (Origi).
Awful pass by Origi. Too hard, too fast and into the net too!
Awful lack of vision by Ibe. Should have passed the ball instead of confidently chesting and rifling the shot.
Awful header by Origi. Couldn't even crash the underside of the bar.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #765 on: December 3, 2015, 06:04:20 am »
He rose from the dead.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #766 on: December 3, 2015, 06:06:43 am »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 3, 2015, 06:08:28 am »
I think every week we're learning more and more about how Rodgers was completely out of ideas by the end (Frankly, by the time we lost to Man Utd last season), and how it wasn't all a recruitment issue. That said, I do think we would have struggled with Balotelli and Lambert up front even if Klopp was the manager. The turnaround has been hugely impressive. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Moreno is spoken of as one of the best fullbacks in the league by the end of this season.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: December 3, 2015, 06:10:48 am »
Did we get 3 points today? No. We scored 6 and yet we didn't move up the table. We suck! Klopp out!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: December 3, 2015, 06:14:42 am »
Still pinching myself.when we went one down i thought we were in a right battle.These players seem to love playing for klopp.This is going to be a great journey.One that sill end up with many trophies im sure.Lets not fuck about.We were fucking outstanding last night.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: December 3, 2015, 06:15:53 am »
still buzzing here

seriously impressive win. Love how the players were running themselves to the ground even in injury time. Looking at you can.

The look on Klopp face after the Origi header was priceless.

Every player ran themselves to the ground. Not one was a passenger in the game. How much ground did allen and lucas covered today???

Smith and Ibe from the bench with an assist and goal. Boss tha!

a defensive coach could have prevented the saints opener ;D

#defencecoachinjanuary

Offline dorsetgill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 3, 2015, 06:18:16 am »
just brilliant

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #772 on: December 3, 2015, 06:22:45 am »
Just having a clear plan, being so motivational as he is and playing the players in the right positions makes a massive difference. I'm going the games actually looking forward to them again.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #773 on: December 3, 2015, 06:24:31 am »
I think every week we're learning more and more about how Rodgers was completely out of ideas by the end (Frankly, by the time we lost to Man Utd last season), and how it wasn't all a recruitment issue. That said, I do think we would have struggled with Balotelli and Lambert up front even if Klopp was the manager. The turnaround has been hugely impressive. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Moreno is spoken of as one of the best fullbacks in the league by the end of this season.
Whoscored stats show that among all PL fullbacks this season Moreno ranks 1st in key passes (2.0 per 90), 1st in successful tackles (4.4 per 90), and is near the top in most other significant categories.

With that in mind I think a strong case can be made that he's already one of the best fullbacks in the league, but that nobody in the wider media or public has picked up on this yet.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: December 3, 2015, 06:27:03 am »
Whoscored stats show that among all PL fullbacks this season Moreno ranks 1st in key passes (2.0 per 90), 1st in successful tackles (4.4 per 90), and is near the top in most other significant categories.

With that in mind I think a strong case can be made that he's already one of the best fullbacks in the league, but that nobody in the wider media or public has picked up on this yet.
If he could only score a goal...   ;D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 3, 2015, 06:27:07 am »

I rather they not and start wanking over Kyle Walker or Danny Rose. We don't need the media to tell us how good our players are as long as they keep producing the goods on the pitch.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: December 3, 2015, 06:27:13 am »

When I stake my claim as a visionary, I fully expect you to back me up with a post like that. ;D
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #777 on: December 3, 2015, 06:31:31 am »
still buzzing here

seriously impressive win. Love how the players were running themselves to the ground even in injury time. Looking at you can.

The look on Klopp face after the Origi header was priceless.

Every player ran themselves to the ground. Not one was a passenger in the game. How much ground did allen and lucas covered today???

Smith and Ibe from the bench with an assist and goal. Boss tha!

a defensive coach could have prevented the saints opener ;D

#defencecoachinjanuary
Can we get a gif of this expression please! :)

As for the defending on their goal, I found Klopp's comments in the presser interesting, as he said that everyone will look at Moreno missing the header (and he did), but that there was 25 other errors in the lead up to that.

Indeed, one glaring error in our longer sequence of breakdowns on the right side was that there was absolutely no pressure  on the crosser whatsoever. I'm dead certain Klopp won't allow that to happen again if he can help it.

In fact, I think he managed to sort it out during the game as Lucas and Can helped out on the right a bit more as the game went on, which really blocked that avenue off for Tadic.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #778 on: December 3, 2015, 06:33:39 am »
When I stake my claim as a visionary, I fully expect you to back me up with a post like that. ;D
Haha, you're welcome!

Some of us are philosophers, others are scientists. Together, we can be both ;)

I rather they not and start wanking over Kyle Walker or Danny Rose. We don't need the media to tell us how good our players are as long as they keep producing the goods on the pitch.
Agree. Rather they blindly fawn over some other nonsensical crap, but I think it's good for the good people on rawk to be alerted to Moreno's secret statistics :)
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 06:36:31 am by rickardinho1 »

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 3, 2015, 06:34:17 am »
I just realized (was that true?!), did Origi score with either foot and his head?

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #780 on: December 3, 2015, 06:40:04 am »
Did we get 3 points today? No. We scored 6 and yet we didn't move up the table. We suck! Klopp out!

wrong thread http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=308407.0   ;D ;D

Btw did you guys notice Klopp and Henderson's celebration on the touchline  ;)

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 3, 2015, 06:41:31 am »
wrong thread http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=308407.0   ;D ;D
I miss those!... The previous two versions were even better.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 3, 2015, 06:45:19 am »
Can we get a gif of this expression please! :)

Divock Origi vs Southampton (Capital One Cup) (Dec. 2nd 2015)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/13xYHgJ9ZPY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/13xYHgJ9ZPY</a>

at 7.40 min mark.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #783 on: December 3, 2015, 06:48:34 am »
at 7.40 min mark.
Cheers, I've seen it, but I specifically want a gif so that I can post that gif anytime someone does something unbelievably sublime ;)

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 3, 2015, 06:56:41 am »
The funny thing is we really didn't dominate that game at all but were absolutely lethal when taking the chances we did make, 7 shots on target resulted in 6 goals. Fabulous.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #785 on: December 3, 2015, 07:08:38 am »
How good are we going to be when Klopp actually brings some players he wants to buy in?

Great performance last night, it's great being a red this morning!
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #786 on: December 3, 2015, 07:11:52 am »

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: December 3, 2015, 07:14:57 am »
Whats amusing is how other club's fans want Klopp but cant have him!

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #788 on: December 3, 2015, 07:45:40 am »
Is this real life?
Is this just fantasy
Caught in a Kloppslide
No escape from Origiality
Kloppen your eyes
Lucas to Ibe
And see
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 07:48:41 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #789 on: December 3, 2015, 07:51:06 am »
Couldn't get the best out of them though. Look at the confidence now! Allen doing backheels ffs
Couldnt CONSISTENTLY get the best from them in the end, to that I agree. It's all moot as he's not here anymore, but I feel it a little wrong to talk about him in some of the terms banded around as we played some unreal stuff under him as well.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: December 3, 2015, 07:55:14 am »
The only bad thing about Jurgen Klopp being our manager, is that he's only on a 3 year deal, I demand a 10 year deal is offered forthwith!

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #791 on: December 3, 2015, 07:58:46 am »
Sturridge class above, but we already knew that. The way he shut up the morons calling for him to be sold was sweet.

Thought Allen was solid all game, and a good assist to boot.

Thought Ibe was great when he came on, looked like a man possessed and wanted a slice of that pie. Origi became twice the player after his goal went in - just shows how much confidence improves a player.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #792 on: December 3, 2015, 07:59:20 am »
can we play away from home every week?  ::)

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
« Reply #793 on: December 3, 2015, 08:10:43 am »
So happy for Origi. Seems to move smarter now and looks calm on the ball, probably just him realizing he's brilliant. Him and Sturridge with Coutinho behind should be too much for any defenders in the league.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #794 on: December 3, 2015, 08:14:04 am »
So happy for Origi. Seems to move smarter now and looks calm on the ball, probably just him realizing he's brilliant. Him and Sturridge with Coutinho behind should be too much for any defenders in the league.
Agree it's exciting but it's just one match. Origi needs time to show he's the real deal.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #795 on: December 3, 2015, 08:14:53 am »
The funny thing is we really didn't dominate that game at all but were absolutely lethal when taking the chances we did make, 7 shots on target resulted in 6 goals. Fabulous.

Daniel Sturridge absolutely scores the first goal against the run of play. They were all over us at that point and Wagamama really should have put them 2-0. That is why strikers like Sturridge are crucial, 1 chance 1 goal - St. Mary's silent. The second goal absolutely kills them.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #796 on: December 3, 2015, 08:16:23 am »
Be interesting to see whether the 4-4-2- diamond is something we look to play at home more often now to help break down those teams who play deep and narrow.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #797 on: December 3, 2015, 08:18:31 am »
Daniel Sturridge absolutely scores the first goal against the run of play. They were all over us at that point and Wagamama really should have put them 2-0. That is why strikers like Sturridge are crucial, 1 chance 1 goal - St. Mary's silent. The second goal absolutely kills them.

Absolutely.... It changed their mind set totally...

What's incredible about Sturridge, is that he never seems off the pace... Rusty?  Yes.  But he slips back into goal scoring the moment he's back in the side.  It's an incredible ability.

Other players have been impacted by their injuries, but they just don't seem to affect his all round game.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #798 on: December 3, 2015, 08:19:29 am »
Just awful....

Awful control by Sturro which led to the first goal.
Awful pass by Can (what was he thinking???) for Sturro's second.
Awful shot by Moreno. Can't even hit the target (Origi).
Awful pass by Origi. Too hard, too fast and into the net too!
Awful lack of vision by Ibe. Should have passed the ball instead of confidently chesting and rifling the shot.
Awful header by Origi. Couldn't even crash the underside of the bar.

Yip, awful in that it invokes "awe"! ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #799 on: December 3, 2015, 08:22:26 am »
Joe Allen was magnificent.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.