Author Topic: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)  (Read 91774 times)

Offline LODDZ

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Southampton 1 Liverpool 6 (six)
« Reply #920 on: December 3, 2015, 01:55:21 pm »
Where do you find players' individual stats for a game?

E.g. passing stats, tackles, ground covered etc...?

there's this really cool App called StatsZone (powered by Opta) you can download it on any smartphone, you can check team stats as well as individual stats for every player involved in the game.
From Cairo to Liverpool

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #921 on: December 3, 2015, 01:57:46 pm »
Without doubt, the worse minute of football by us, I think I've ever seen. Words need to be said.

To be fair, it was more like the first 20 minutes.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: December 3, 2015, 02:01:44 pm »
Without doubt, the worse minute of football by us, I think I've ever seen. Words need to be said.

The great thing is Klopp probably is fuming about that one sh*t minute. I love that he is never satisfied.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: December 3, 2015, 02:02:24 pm »
Was it left foot, right foot head?

Yes it was the perfect hattrick.

Deflected the Moreno shot with his left.

Rocket boom with his right.

and perfectly placed header.

He is still so young as a striker. Lots of time to mould him to a world class one. It just depends on him to take his chance and work hard in training.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #924 on: December 3, 2015, 02:06:32 pm »
Sooooooooooooooooooooooo Smith is now maybe an option! Saves us a shit ton if he can be :)

Offline dandred

• Kopite
« Reply #925 on: December 3, 2015, 02:16:16 pm »
So happy right now.

What a turn around and what a manager.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: December 3, 2015, 02:26:26 pm »

No complaints at the moment, onwards and upwards but i'm dreading the "Believe" threads coming way to soon.

that just made me laugh, we've already had the "bold prediction" thread.  Wish people would shut the fuck up and enjoy that we're doing OK

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #927 on: December 3, 2015, 03:02:41 pm »
DIVOCK! DIVOCK!!!

:lmao :lmao :lmao Holy fucking shit, you pulled that one right out of the cobwebs haha  ;D
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #928 on: December 3, 2015, 03:27:51 pm »

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #929 on: December 3, 2015, 03:33:05 pm »
Some people's arrogance to this trophy is ridiculous.
There are 5 trophies up for grabs every season;
1. The League
You can count on one hand the amount of team that have a 'realistic' chance of winning the league.

2. The CL
You would have had to have finished in the top 4 to even be in the competition in the first place and once in you are hard pressed to look beyond Barca and BM.

3. The FAC
The Great Leveller.

4. Uefa
You would have needed to finish in the top 6, top 7 if an extra place opens up and the long shot is being the best behaved team in the team.

5. The League cup

So why people piss on the League Cup is anyone's business. It's silverware. If you aren't in the game to win trophies then why bother?
8 To be exact mate:

World Club Championship
Super Cup
Shield(Dunno if that counts as atrophy for the new season or the previous, though).
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #930 on: December 3, 2015, 03:35:11 pm »
Kloppen your eyes
Lucas to Ibe
And see
I'm just Kolo Toure, I need no sympathy

Offline NigelManx

• Anny Roader
« Reply #931 on: December 3, 2015, 03:38:07 pm »

If he had, he'd have scored more goals, not for us but for Lille.

He has great attributes. But for me he doesn't have what Suarez had in abundance. That desire and hunger to score a goal. Suarez was pissed if he hadn't scored and put everything on the line to score, took risks. I don't see that from Origi just yet.   

He's got to gamble on situations more

OMG...what is expected from a 20 y old...And Suarez is a one off and a exceptional perhaps never to be seen again talent..A 20 y old scored 3 goals last night and should be applauded for that great effort.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 03:40:12 pm by NigelManx »

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #932 on: December 3, 2015, 03:39:51 pm »
What encourages me with the Origi goals is that they were all a proper strikers finishes. A toe poke to redirect a shot on the edge of the six yard box, a diagonal run and powerful finish and a header from the edge of the six yard box. They’re all goals that he will continue to score if he keeps making those runs and getting into those positions.

They showed a strikers instinct that we haven’t really seen in his previous games. Rodgers was full of enthusiasm when we signed him and until now we hadn’t seen enough but he showed his class last night.
It was the derby that showed me this lad's real potential.

In that game- he was so precise, so good at reading the throughballs, so good at pressing. He was through 1v1 3 times! He just could not apply the finishing touch.

That was more of an "elegant" display from him that day - even with it being the derby an all. Good technique, good anticipation and reading, good evasive skills, passing and receiving, popping up in the right place...
Last night though was all about graft, shooting on-sight with power and feeding off strikes. It was just raw instinct.

That Everon game was his best game for us before last night.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 03:45:30 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #933 on: December 3, 2015, 03:45:02 pm »

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #934 on: December 3, 2015, 03:48:00 pm »
Big shout-out to Lovren.

Nobody`s been more critical of him here than me but last few games he`s been playing lights out. Long may it continue.
You're a big man, Serbian. That's class!

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #935 on: December 3, 2015, 03:48:50 pm »
I really feel we need to re-open the "Liverpool are Shite" thread.  I mean what a dreadful performance.
Starting off we couldn't keep a clean sheet, for even one minute.  Then 6 lucky goals against the run of play....dreadful, truely dreadful.  And as for the individual players....Where do I start....
Bodgan...Have you ever seen a ginger Hungarian before?  I dont believe a word of it.  I would have expected a lot more from someone of Randall's experience.  Skrtel & Lovern were dreadful, Moreno couldn't even hit the target with that shot and hit his own player instead, he was so bad he was replaced by a kid.  Lucas should have got a yellow card (as usual) Can got it instead.  Can is a verb, not a person. Allen was anonymous but not as anonymous as Coutinho and Firmino....our brazilian duo were hardly mentioned last night.  Truley dreadful.  Lallana - too many L's in that name.  Sturridge couldn't even finish one game for Gawd sake.  And as for Origi, his first goal was a lucky deflection, his second hit the post and luckily went in and his third was offside, or would have been if the defender had not played him on.  Just rubbish.  Proper shite.
Finally someone has pointed it out! :lmao :lmao

Online TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #936 on: December 3, 2015, 03:53:58 pm »
Is there a link to the goals?  I seen the match but just want to rewatch the goals.
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=112969.32960

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #937 on: December 3, 2015, 03:55:34 pm »
so the treble is on then? :champ

It was origi who backheeled to Moreno

And Moreno with the intelligence and ability to carry the ball forward into the Saints box, have a look up to see who is inside the box and execute a chipped pass to Ibe who was loitering just inside the Saints box. Ibe almost scored from almost a similar move vs Swansea but slipped at the worst possible time. If I were Koeman, I'll be livid at the amount of time and space that Moreno and Ibe got before the cut back and shot.
The space comes about because we had so many players taking up good positions in the box. You'll remember it was one of the things Klopp highlighted early on in his tenure, that everyone was running to the same place in the box. Clearly the players have been getting some coaching on how to occupy a box effectively.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #938 on: December 3, 2015, 04:05:53 pm »
8 To be exact mate:

World Club Championship
Super Cup
Shield(Dunno if that counts as atrophy for the new season or the previous, though).

If you want to be a pedant, you forgot the Liverpool Senior Cup.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #939 on: December 3, 2015, 04:07:56 pm »
Is it just me or was Origi's second goal reminiscent of Torres' goal against Utd ? When he took on Ferdinand and wrecked him.

<a href="https://youtu.be/3nUX4Gf59Uw?t=3m56s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtu.be/3nUX4Gf59Uw?t=3m56s</a>

https://youtu.be/3nUX4Gf59Uw?t=3m56s
Fuck me what a frenetic pace that was. So much fight in that team, with Kuyt, Masch, etc. Still flabbergasted that Reina managed to be the first one to celebrate with Ngog!

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: December 3, 2015, 04:20:02 pm »
that just made me laugh, we've already had the "bold prediction" thread.  Wish people would shut the fuck up and enjoy that we're doing OK

I kinda wish people telling people to shut the fuck up for getting too excited would shut the fuck up.

I don't give a shit, we're aiming to win the league from here on in. I don't regret the fact that I was talking about winning the league too early in Suarez' last season. Getting excited is the best part of football.

And a cup on the way would be nice.

Up the reds.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #941 on: December 3, 2015, 04:22:02 pm »
there's this really cool App called StatsZone (powered by Opta) you can download it on any smartphone, you can check team stats as well as individual stats for every player involved in the game.
Thanks for this.

I usually use whoscored but this looks like a fantastic app.

Here's a stat it provided:

#NEW v #LIV (via @StatsZone http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2015/matches/803306?appShare=1): The Reds have averaged 6.9km more and 84 sprints more per game under Jurgen Klopp than Brendan Rodgers in the top-flight this season.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: December 3, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »
He's 20 years old!

Nobody ever considers this. He's at Liverpool so he should deliver right now. I don't care if he's 4 years old etc. etc.

To put it in context - Suarez was still playing for Nacional in Uruguay when he was the same age that Origi was when he was starting for Belgium and signed by Liverpool.. I'm obviously not claiming Origi will be anywhere near as good as Luis. But you have to give him the chance.

By all means feel free to give the club a bit of grief for pursuing a strategy you might not like (i.e. where they sign 18/19 year old strikers) - but go easy on a young kid who needs to be nurtured and given time.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: December 3, 2015, 04:27:35 pm »
Jaysus. What a game. Highlights and big noticeable improvements lately for me were/are

1. Ibe is becoming a smart player, he's looking like he knows whats expected of him off the ball more and his final ball is improving
2. Can has a creative part to his game that I didn't think was there
3. Lovren looks like he could be a really good player for us when its obvious he's been told exactly what he needs to do, and not being the one responsible for deciding how he will defend
4. Origi is a handful when he makes smart runs and give the midfield an option. Sounds simple but he wasn't doing that before.
5. Joe Allen has a cracking attitude, if we need him in the next part of the season he wont let us down with that attitude

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #944 on: December 3, 2015, 04:28:11 pm »
Fuck me what a frenetic pace that was. So much fight in that team, with Kuyt, Masch, etc. Still flabbergasted that Reina managed to be the first one to celebrate with Ngog!
I know right!
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #945 on: December 3, 2015, 04:30:00 pm »
The things that impressed me the most last night was, firstly Southampton are now mugs, they are a decent team with a decent manager, they put out the strongest possible team available and yet we - with a team full of changes, inflicted the heaviest home defeat since the 1950s.

Secondly each player, whether they were squad players in the XI or youngsters like Smith coming on, knew exactly the type of game to play, very little adaption, no uncertainty (except maybe for the first 10/15 minutes) - and bags and bags of confidence.

In some respects, last night made me more excited than the results against Chelsea and Man City (haha just a little bit).

Got to say finally, those gobshite Southampton fans who gave Lallana a dogs abuse all night need to have a word with themselves, you can understand Lovren to a degree getting stick, but Lallana stuck with them for as long as possible and captained the ungrateful bastards!  :(
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #946 on: December 3, 2015, 04:32:31 pm »
You implied in the pre-match thread that you wanted us to lose, which is fucking moronic given there's now three games left to play in the competition if we get that far and one of them is a cup final.  I had no problem whatsoever with rotating the squad as it was still a strong team, but why on earth would you 'want rid of it'?
It might be fourth in our list of priorities, but every game matters, and not wanting us to win a trophy is ridiculous.
Yip. It's not just about the "predigree" of the trophy. Jeez, I've never been at Anfield or even an away match, but even I recognize how lovely and joyous trophy days could be for a supporter. Just to be able to go to Wembley with your kid(s) and possibly the wife/gf and watch the Reds against the Bluenoses would be one of those days you'll remember for a lifetime. All the better if we win it.

It's about the supporters and the club's motto at the end of the day.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2015, 04:34:12 pm by the_red_pill »

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #947 on: December 3, 2015, 04:44:59 pm »

Wish people like you werent so pessimistic about something you should love and enjoy , it is after all for enjoyment and pleasure, if some people get carried away, what is the problem with that? you do not have to deal with THEIR disappointment if we do not reach those heights, worry about yourself, and leave others to deal how they live their lives.
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #948 on: December 3, 2015, 04:48:04 pm »
8 To be exact mate:

World Club Championship
Super Cup

Ask him :)
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: December 3, 2015, 04:52:06 pm »

hey its a forum. Expect some not so serious topics. Its something like the we are shite thread. Some of the things there are pretty hilarious. Some of the cliche's and puns are exceptional.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #950 on: December 3, 2015, 04:52:49 pm »
A lot of similarities in the technique in Sturridge's first & Ibe's goals. They are both powerful, accurate shots with very little wasted movement once they have set their body correctly. It's almost as if they have cut the back-lift on their shooting leg or accelerating it sufficiently to the point that the covering defender & keeper have less time to react. Remember Couthino doing it too recently.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #951 on: December 3, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »

Ask him :)
Winning a trophy without winning a trophy.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #952 on: December 3, 2015, 08:32:00 pm »
Big shout-out to Lovren.

Nobody`s been more critical of him here than me but last few games he`s been playing lights out. Long may it continue.

He had a bit of a 'moment' against Swansea when he went for the same ball as Moreno.  Other than that, totally agree.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #953 on: December 3, 2015, 08:37:18 pm »
8 To be exact mate:

World Club Championship
Super Cup

Well winning the Charity Shield certainly led to atrophy for Moyes
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #954 on: December 3, 2015, 08:41:19 pm »
Well winning the Charity Shield certainly led to atrophy for Moyes
Oops! Sticky fingers mate.. ;D

Seem to be making more typos these days. Wonder what could have lead to that... hmmm.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #955 on: December 3, 2015, 08:48:41 pm »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #956 on: December 3, 2015, 08:48:48 pm »
Oops! Sticky fingers mate.. ;D

Seem to be making more typos these days. Wonder what could have lead to that... hmmm.

I thought it was intentional cos it's the perfect description of what happened next 😀
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #957 on: December 3, 2015, 08:55:01 pm »
I thought it was intentional cos it's the perfect description of what happened next 😀
Yeah... reading that again, it does, doesn't it.
Yeah - I won without actually winning, there...

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #958 on: December 3, 2015, 09:03:24 pm »
DIVOCK! DIVOCK!!!

hahahaha, so annoying
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #959 on: December 3, 2015, 09:52:03 pm »

Can is a verb, not a person.

Finally someone has pointed it out! :lmao :lmao

Actually, Can isn't a verb. It's a modal.  :(

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall