Author Topic: Paris  (Read 184825 times)

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Re: Paris
« Reply #360 on: May 30, 2022, 05:37:46 pm »
https://twitter.com/RobHarris/status/1531267364972646401

Tried to ask French sports minister Amélie Oudéa-Castéra further why tear gas was fired at Liverpool fans. During a press conference the interior minister said it prevented deaths
Jesus fucking Christ
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #361 on: May 30, 2022, 05:38:32 pm »
Jesus fucking Christ

Is she related  to Priti Patel?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #362 on: May 30, 2022, 05:40:30 pm »
For anyone how doesn't know the layout of the Stade de France I did this quick sketch on Googlemap screenshot:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #363 on: May 30, 2022, 05:41:12 pm »
Can you imagine what would have happened if City made the final instead of Madrid? I dread to even think.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 30, 2022, 05:41:35 pm »
The French authorities have no hiding place with this. There are journalists across Europe who saw and recorded the events as they happened and are disagreeing with pretty much everything the French have come out with. They're Fucked! Now sponsors are getting involved too. One thing UEFA like is money and happy delegates and sponsors.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2022, 05:43:06 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rangers-and-eintracht-frankfurt-issue-joint-complaint-to-uefa-over-fan-treatment-at-seville-final-kq3qpslw5?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1653909275

Not sure if this has been posted but Rangers and Eintracht Frankfurt are now trying to contact UEFA regarding the situation in their final. UEFA not fit for purpose.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2022, 05:43:49 pm »
For anyone how doesn't know the layout of the Stade de France I did this quick sketch on Googlemap screenshot:

Where is the Madrid fan zone relative to their end? I heard it was 200 metres and if so that should be easy to show on Google map giving the lie to ‘how badly LFC controlled their fans’.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2022, 05:45:11 pm »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rangers-and-eintracht-frankfurt-issue-joint-complaint-to-uefa-over-fan-treatment-at-seville-final-kq3qpslw5?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1653909275

Not sure if this has been posted but Rangers and Eintracht Frankfurt are now trying to contact UEFA regarding the situation in their final. UEFA not fit for purpose.

Good to see clubs acting in concert over this and not being tribal.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: May 30, 2022, 05:47:31 pm »
If you've seen the video of Liverpool fans "climbing over a wall to get into the ground" it's actually at the bottom of the ramp by the underpass. This was after the perfunctory ticket check had been abandoned.

Two screenshots The first is people climbing over and the second clearly shows the same underpass in my previous post. If someone says this is evidence that Liverpool fans bunked in it's not. It's evidence that there was no control on the approcahes to the stadium and that the access was totally inadequate.

People were trying to get out of the crush before the ramp I'd guess. It was chaos at 6.30pm when were were there, already dangerous levels of people with no other way out, and the ramp narrowed by people being turned back but with no ability to do that so left stood where they were and a gendarm generally being useless narrowing it even further. When we finally got through there was a bunch of police and laughing UEFA suits. Nearly lost my shit with them. It wasn't funny it was hugely dangerous. Dickheads.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: May 30, 2022, 05:47:37 pm »
Don’t think he’s said anything controversial there. There were fake tickets readily available before the game. They weren’t the primary reason for the debacle outside the ground but for sure it was a contributory factor

Just a quick scan of some of the videos would show you that this UEFA lie is bollocks.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Kitch83

• Main Stander
« Reply #370 on: May 30, 2022, 05:48:18 pm »
I just had an email reply from Billy Hogan. The club are on it and won't let this go away.

Give them time to gather everything, this is not a small time press release asking for an investigation that we are going to be doing. They're on it.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: May 30, 2022, 05:50:09 pm »

Simon Hughes did an excellent piece on the Athletic, including fan testimonies, detailed maps and descriptions of the various bottlenecks, the ramp etc.
https://theathletic.com/3330768/2022/05/30/liverpool-champions-league-gas/
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #372 on: May 30, 2022, 05:51:00 pm »

Leaving fans in that match without any water for the whole game was one of the complaints, in really hot temperatures in Seville too. Nothing could be bought inside the stadium after the inadequate supplies they had sold out quickly. Eintracht Frankfurt staff where seen at the end of the game throwing bottles of water into the stands for desperate fans.

UEFA are an absolute disgrace, a disgusting corrupt organisastion A whole host of clubs need to join forces and make a stand.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: May 30, 2022, 05:53:15 pm »
Leaving fans in that match without any water for the whole game was one of the complaints, in really hot temperatures in Seville too. Nothing could be bought inside the stadium after the inadequate supplies they had sold out quickly. Eintracht Frankfurt staff where seen at the end of the game throwing bottles of water into the stands for desperate fans.

UEFA are an absolute disgrace, a disgusting corrupt organisastion A whole host of clubs need to join forces and make a stand.

I don’t disagree about UEFA but surely the Seville stadium authorities should take most of the blame. It’s not as if they don’t host football matches on a regular basis.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #374 on: May 30, 2022, 05:54:04 pm »
And UEFA want the semi finals to be staged as one-off matches at neutral grounds. Greed , incompetence and corruption. A perfect storm.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: May 30, 2022, 05:56:23 pm »
Where is the Madrid fan zone relative to their end? I heard it was 200 metres and if so that should be easy to show on Google map giving the lie to ‘how badly LFC controlled their fans’.

In the park at the top.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 30, 2022, 05:57:38 pm »
Simon Hughes did an excellent piece on the Athletic, including fan testimonies, detailed maps and descriptions of the various bottlenecks, the ramp etc.
https://theathletic.com/3330768/2022/05/30/liverpool-champions-league-gas/

I gave up on the Athletic.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: May 30, 2022, 05:58:19 pm »
Sue them for what? Learn what you’re talking about before writing nonsense about the club being weak

Then educate me since I am talking nonsense and you know better. Why the club can't sue UEFA for their bad organization that effected people saftey at an event organised by them and they get alot of money from while spreading lies about what actually happened ?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #378 on: May 30, 2022, 05:59:22 pm »
Good to see clubs acting in concert over this and not being tribal.

LFC and Madrid simply must do the same.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: May 30, 2022, 05:59:41 pm »
This isn't the right thread for it but after all this crap from UEFA the ESL is sounding great I bet.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #380 on: May 30, 2022, 06:00:03 pm »
Harrowing to hear people's experiences of this  -  on here, on other social media and through people who went to Paris.

I think it would be good in the 1st instance if Liverpool and Real joined forces on this particular issue. Sounds like Real fans had some similar issues. If Liverpool and Real, as 2 of the biggest clubs in the World, can make a stand then UEFA may take some notice. Needs pressure from sponsors and continued pressure from media from UK, France and Spain to keep this on the agenda and not let UEFA and French authorities sweep this under the carpet.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #381 on: May 30, 2022, 06:00:23 pm »
I don’t disagree about UEFA but surely the Seville stadium authorities should take most of the blame. It’s not as if they don’t host football matches on a regular basis.

They chose the stadium, if it wasn’t suitable, it’s on UEFA. And it’s on them to make sure they have the staff and supplies. Some of the stuff they sell is sponsored product (like Pepsi and alcohol free Heineken), so the onus is surely on the organisers i.e. UEFA, to make sure they have enough product.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 30, 2022, 06:00:32 pm »
Then educate me since I am talking nonsense and you know better. Why the club can't sue UEFA for their bad organization that effected people saftey at an event organised by them and they get alot of money from while spreading lies about what actually happened ?

To sue someone you have to have suffered 'injury'. Individual fans have but the club hasn't. What grounds does the club have for suing UEFA?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #383 on: May 30, 2022, 06:01:15 pm »
Can you imagine what would have happened if City made the final instead of Madrid? I dread to even think.
I think even the French could have managed a a few dozen City fans  ;D

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #384 on: May 30, 2022, 06:02:02 pm »
What’s not been talked of much was the travel chaos in Paris due to strikes on the Metro network. All the trains on the networks that serves the Stade de France were affected and put more people above ground than should have been - also caused some terribly overpacked trains as well.

The whole day was a mess across the board
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #385 on: May 30, 2022, 06:06:24 pm »
What’s not been talked of much was the travel chaos in Paris due to strikes on the Metro network. All the trains on the networks that serves the Stade de France were affected and put more people above ground than should have been - also caused some terribly overpacked trains as well.

The initial report that Miguel Delaney in the Independent did was highlighting that and pointing out that the French authorities not dealing with the strikes put the whole near disaster into motion.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #386 on: May 30, 2022, 06:11:04 pm »
Thanks to Phil Scraton for starting this thread and posters like Jill and numerous others for encouraging the submission of evidence to various places, including the LFC form that was put out a couple of hours or so ago.

The parallels with Hillsborough are blindingly obvious.

Please submit any photos, video evidence, texts, phone call records, etc, especially if they are time-stamped.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 06:13:45 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2022, 06:11:15 pm »
I just got back, what is being reported is maybe 20% of what went on.

The crushing side of things... it is a miracle that nobody died, an absolute miracle. I got caught up in the crush at Gate Y, luckily a security guard for the media area pretty much dragged me through a gap in the fence. From there I was on the safety of the LFC TV studio/gantry - let me just say EVERYONE in that are was superb. Hillsborough survivors were in there with me (they were in fits of tears), 6 year old kids, old people, and they calmed everyone down and looked after everyone including sprays to remove tear gas, water etc.

The policing aspect of Saturday - credit where credit's due - is being reported fairly accurately by our media, for once. They have avoided a massive disaster on a huge scale, purely by luck. I saw countless people, myself included, climbing over a wall maybe 6ft tall to get out of the crunch, if that wall was 3/4 feet higher there is no way that masses of people don't die. I have a video stood on the LFC TV studio, behind the metal fence, and a cop walks up and pepper sprays a journalist in the face who was doing nothing other than watching the events going on. He was on his own (not sure if its relevant, but he was black), and they calmly walked up to him (he was wearing his press credentials) and sprayed him full in the face. When we were asking them why the gates were closed? Why are they tear gassing kids? They all just laughed.

One question that remains unanswered is if they were so worried about the amount of people in there with fake tickets/climbed the fence, then why let us all in? If there was 'thousands' inside the stadium that shouldn't have been, then why let the rest of us in? It is all a load of bullshit.

However, what is being massively underreported is the 'locals'. There was 100's of 'Locals', let's be honest though. African gangs. They were more organised than the police. What I saw from my position makes it very hard to avoid the thought that this was somehow pre-planned with the police. I saw people slashed with knives 6 feet in front of cops, they laughed. I saw people mugged 6 feet in front of cops, they laughed. I saw one guy knocked unconscious (the sound of his head hitting the concrete will stay with me forever), they laughed. Every now and then they would 'charge' at the 'Locals', charge is barely a word I would use, slowly walk towards them is more accurate. They would then disperse, the cops would then leave the area, and the 'locals' would return. I saw around 5 people knocked unconscious, 2 slashed and countless robbed, literally nothing was done. Nothing.

All of this was happening whilst we could hear the opening ceremony taking place inside.

Around 10pm the police then formed a cordon outside from Gate Y down to the corner of the stadium and people were getting in easier. Then the 'locals' returned. LFC TV said they would escort me and a few others to the Gate to get get in. At that point there was no police outside the stadium and 100s of 'Locals'. The media area was only protected by a thin metal fence so at that point it felt safer to be in the stadium.

We were frogmarched by security to the gate and pretty much dragged in by the stewards, I am covered in grazes from being dragged through a group of 'Locals' at the gate. A 6 year old girl and her dad was with me and I have never in my life seen fear in someones eyes like that kid. It was genuinely terrifying.

Once inside I didn't care about the game, I didn't sing, I didn't shout, I wanted to be out of there, a lot felt like that and the atmosphere was flat at best, it 100% contributed. Approaching full time we got a huge group of riot please stand in front of us. Real Madrid end, not one. Literally, not one.

After the game, it was just as bad. ALL sent down one dark underpass where police vans were parked forcing everyone down a maybe 10ft wide space towards the metro. Once past that space, all hell broke loose. 'Locals' were ready. Without exaggerating I maybe saw 10 people slashed and robbed, 20 people smashed in the face, saw one elderly woman screaming because her husband who looked about 80 was pinned down and was having his watch ripped off. If anyone tried to intervene you were met with a blade(s). All of this while the police were watching.

In one incident, I saw 4 'Locals' attack a Red with a knife, took his bag, took his watch and bottled him 3 feet away from police, when a fellow fan punched one of the 'locals' doing it, he got arrested.

What felt like maybe a 15 minute walk of dodging attacks, we got to the Metro station where the police were laughing and saying 'Bye, Bye... Nice to meet you'. I am 38 and have never witnessed distain for human life as much as Saturday. They literally didn't care about any of us.

Earlier in the day, we arrived at the fan park maybe 1pm and stayed until it finished (5pm?), I have never seen that amount of people in one place before, lots of people were drunk, some way to drunk yet there was literally zero issues. No scuffles, no fights, no nothing. I wasn't there at night so I cannot comment on why they were tear gassed, but if it was anything like the stadium, then it was all pre planned and it felt like the police 'had' to do it. As if they were under instruction 'no matter what, use tear gas'.

Personally, I am still dealing with what happened and what I saw. I will never in my life return to France, and would seriously doubt any game outside of England again.

With regards to our 'fans', I have absolutely nothing but good words. I tear up thinking how proud I am of us and how we handled that situation. You can count on one hand the amount of incidents we caused - and that is more than understandable after being treated that way. We are one huge family, there is nothing like us, and there never will be. When we come together we are fucking amazing and an immovable force of nature. They all want what we have. 

A lot of rambling, I know, I am sorry, but that without doubt was a huge scale disaster avoided by pure luck, and how nobody was killed by the 'locals', I have no idea. Now, clearly I have an amount of respect for Hillsborough victims, the families, the survivors and anyone associated with that day on levels that I do not have words to express, but after being in that mini crush, fora. small amount of time, I have no idea how the survivors have battled the establishment for all that time to uncover the truth. It is truly awe inspiring and they are the very, very, very best of humanity.

FUCK! I'm sorry you had to experience any of that!

Part of the tear gassing at the fan park was down to a small group of fans trying to lift a fence panel up on one of the sides (the right hand side as you're looking at the stage). That resulted in major anger problems from fans which then caused even more tear gas cannisters to be launched.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: May 30, 2022, 06:14:51 pm »
I'm pretty sure I heard on either Sky or BBC that the French were claiming that Liverpool had asked for paper tickets rather than electronic ones?

This can't be right? To get into France you need to show your vaccine status so I'm sure the vast majority of fans'll have smart phones.

I had to show fuck all mate. I've been on a flight from Pisa to Paris then Paris to Nice since Friday and there's been nobody mentioning the words vaccine or anything at either end. I just got off the flight and off I went with no officials in sight to question anything.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: May 30, 2022, 06:15:33 pm »
There are 8 official sponsors of  the Champions League:

UniCredit
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
MasterCard
PepsiCo
Nissan
Gazprom
Heineken
Adidas

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #390 on: May 30, 2022, 06:16:13 pm »
The initial report that Miguel Delaney in the Independent did was highlighting that and pointing out that the French authorities not dealing with the strikes put the whole near disaster into motion.
Sorry Jill - missed that.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #391 on: May 30, 2022, 06:21:36 pm »
Sorry Jill - missed that.

I think it was this one.

French ministry accused of ‘prejudice against Liverpool fans’ after police tactics

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-police-champions-league-final-b2089992.html
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: May 30, 2022, 06:23:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/steve1anderson/status/1531159963355205632?s=21&t=OLoeIDz6wPWsSERR2Fox5Q

Probably explains why a lot of the fans were backed up without the ability to enter.

I mentioned this earlier,can't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure it was on ITV news.

Heads should roll but they won't.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #393 on: May 30, 2022, 06:24:22 pm »
LFC and Madrid simply must do the same.

Especially given how much Florentino Perez hates UEFA
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: May 30, 2022, 06:25:40 pm »
Thanks for posting that picture. First impression is that it's not exactly a threatening group of people is it? And yet they're assumed to be hooligans while real hooligans were allowed to run amok just picking off what they saw as the most vulnerable.

The lad with the backwards baseball cap looks dodgy as fuck. ;D

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 30, 2022, 06:29:25 pm »

I planned to leave just before 6. Can’t even remember where I was. Near the Louvre I think or Hotel de Ville. Then remembered the Rer B train was only going to Gare du Nord. Couldn’t even get on it was that rammed. Decided I’d treat myself to a more civilised taxi. Got to the ground about 7:30 and was annoyed at how ‘late’ I was. How daft does that sound now.
Not sure how I missed the kettling. I seemed to walk straight up to a ticket check, got beyond then queued at Z. I say queued. It was closed.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #396 on: May 30, 2022, 06:33:30 pm »
There is another video on twitter of a lad trying to get his ticket to scan, and it won't. He appeals to one of the volunteers and this copper comes over and just sprays him for absolutely nothing. It's shocking, the lad's in shock, he's only young as well.
the lucky thing for ye is that journos got caught up in it so for once they'll give a shite instead of downplaying it
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #397 on: May 30, 2022, 06:34:03 pm »
My Experience Arriving At The Stadium at 6PM

On the way home today I checked by Uber app out of curiosity to see when we arrived at the time because from that point of arriving you had no recollection of time. We left the fan park at 17:11 and arrived near the stadium at 17:57.

4 of us arrived together and walked the last few however much distance due to the traffic build up. I would say we got close to the now infamous over passing around 18:10pm which was already very crowded with just under 3 hours from kick off. For the next 15 minutes we were in a tightly packed crowd surrounded on all sides taking the smallest steps forward every few seconds. I kept trying to go on my tip toes and the queue looked to be around 20 feet deep which wasn’t the end of the world, little did I know that queue was far bigger than ever anticipated and there thousands of people already crammed in front of us.

We made our way to the side and went over the pavement railings to the walk the edge of the road as we heard there was another entrance further up, only then walking along did you realise there was a real issue here as the overcrowding you could see was hundreds of feet long even at this early stage.

We then joined another queue which seemed to be moving more quickly but the further along we got the more crowded and slowly moving the queue became. For the next hour we were in a semi crush due to crowds coming from both sides and thousands being ushered up a small ramp barricaded with metal barriers and probably less than 10 stewards manning the barriers doing the most vain ticket checks you could imagine whilst only letting one person at a time through. Many people were distressed at this point and I seen a handful of people visibly having panic attacks and family trying to get them to a small gap at the rear of a police van parked across our pathway which caused a 90 degree angle before we could approach the ramp.

At this point it’s obvious people at the front are being severely pressed and many of our fans made it clear to everybody from back to front to take a step back to relieve the pressure upfront. Upon myself and my mate reaching the front barriers where were blocked off and had the barriers pushed against by stewards stopping us advancing whilst all we were doing was showing our tickets. The full riot police stood behind them in their tens.

Having finally made it through we spoke about how disgusting it was but we were relieved to finally be heading to our turnstile as we assumed it would be a breeze getting in now. At turnstile Y I had a deflated feeling seeing the size of the queue which was easily in the hundreds if not thousands. We walked down to the front to try and see what was happening as there seemed to be no movement. This was shortly after 7pm and what should have been plenty of time to get into the stadium.

For the next 3 hours we stood in with that crowd around 20 feet from the turnstiles which had 4 large gates but only 1 large and 1 small gate open. Shortly before 8pm is when the tear gas started being discharged for no apparent reason as from what we could see barely anybody was being let through and then the gates were pulled shut. The tear gas must have been to move people from the gates which closed inwards. For the next hour there seemed to be nobody manning the gates and people started leaving.

Throughout all this I didn’t see a single one of our own do anything untoward. There was no crowd management that night except for ourselves. I was really proud of all the reds who governed each other. Whilst some started becoming understandingly agitated the majority let it be known they needed to calm down and it was nipped in the bud. Likewise there was obvious crushing at the front and again from back to front it was let known that we all needed to do our part and move back to relieve distress upfront.

Many stories went around about the stadium being full, fans storming gates etc but nobody had any clue what was happening or why we were being treated in this way and not allowed into a turnstile we had tickets for. Around 9:30pm the game started and a singular gate was opened again with the visible taste in your throat of gas passing by every few minutes. As we started slowly getting closer to the gate you could visibly see around you less and less obvious Liverpool fans and more young Parisians sourrounding. Tickets and phones were then starting to be snatched and because of how crammed you were they was nothing you could do to react. More youths arrived from the right side at the front of the gate and started trying to force their way through with not much success.

This started a verbal barrage from our fans telling them to get out they don’t have tickets. From the right side and rear they then began to attack the crowd (my biggest fear here was not so much getting hit but the possibility of them having blades) due to the overcrowding this caused a panic and a rush forward to where several of us were pushed through the gate from behind. Several stewards and tens of police are inside here continuing to spray gas and unwilling to get involved in helping anybody being attacked outside. Many of our tickets didn’t scan including my own and my friends (both 10000% genuine) so we were helped over the barrier by a steward.

The game happened in what felt like a bubble. I was mentally drained, physically tired and personally very concerned about the journey back as I knew there was going to local gangs outside and the police were not going to provide protection.

Leaving we had to do the same overcrowded path leaving with the lovely taste and sensation of tear gas in the air. Took around an hour to leave and a very moody walk up the road where we took shelter in a hotel and managed to get an Uber.

Never have I have been so fearful for my safety in my life and I spent the whole game asking myself why am I here putting myself through this. I got in the stadium having missed the 27 mins and whilst it should have been a privilege to be one of the few in there in my own head I felt ashamed to be saying to myself that I just wanted the game over either way so I could get as far away from the place as possible.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #398 on: May 30, 2022, 06:34:41 pm »
So the French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said that up to 70% of tickets were forgeries.

How does he know that when most of the tickets weren’t checked.
It also means that most of the RM fans also must have had forged tickets unless all the forged ones tried to get in at the Liverpool end.
70% means that 30% were genuine tickets. The attendance inside the ground was 75,000 so he is stating that up to 175,000 turned up with forged tickets. Has he any proof of that? The French government have blamed the Liverpool supporters so he is implying that the extra 175,000 were mainly Liverpool supporters trying to get in. That would mean that about 4 out of 5 people at our end had forged tickets. Where are the pictures of 4 out of 5 being turned away? Where’s his evidence? Most people have stated that they didn’t get their tickets checked so did these extra 150,000 people get into the ground.

Obviously he is talking absolute and utter shit and somebody needs to throw the maths back to him. Note that he used the term “up to 70%” were forged. That covers all options from 0% to 70% and when somebody uses the words “up to” you know they are making things up for exaggeration purposes.

Even if he is a bit out and the number of forgeries was 50% then there would have been about 150,000 inside the stadium as they were letting everyone through.

Unless he comes out with a plausible explanation of how he knows how many forgeries and how they prevented almost all of them entering the stadium then he is talking bollocks………disgraceful bollicks.

Edit….I read later that he said 70% of our supporters and he was basing this on our official ticket numbers of 19,618 tickets. So up to 45,000 additional people.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:27:31 pm by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline nycjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #399 on: May 30, 2022, 06:35:38 pm »
the lucky thing for ye is that journos got caught up in it so for once they'll give a shite instead of downplaying it

Lucky?