Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1317159 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Conservative Party - never quite sure if they are thick or bonkers
« Reply #6240 on: June 24, 2022, 03:06:10 pm »
Enough is enough. Extreme capitalism is not the answer and I feel at some point people will realise this. I hope anyway. The worst Government of all time.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #6241 on: June 24, 2022, 03:17:53 pm »
It isn’t the worst government because of its policies, it’s the wrist government because it doesn’t have any credible policies.
It’s a policy vacuum
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #6242 on: June 24, 2022, 04:35:48 pm »
Enough is enough. Extreme capitalism is not the answer and I feel at some point people will realise this. I hope anyway. The worst Government of all time.

The thing is economically this is not the most right wing Tory govt ever, the particular issue here is with its authoritarianism and social illiberalism.

The other big problem is the country is facing a lot of difficult issues and we have a do nothing govt that just postures and doesn't have any clear policy agenda beyond trying to keep themselves in power.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6243 on: June 24, 2022, 04:37:26 pm »
it’s the wrist government because it doesn’t have any credible policies.

Government full of terror wrists...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6244 on: June 24, 2022, 06:21:39 pm »
Just heard a snip of Bojo talking on the news, you can tell from his tone of voice he doesn't give a shit about the UK or what people are going through.
Yep and he always has that default smug look on his face whilst being interviewed, c*nt of a bloke, worst PM ever and I've lived through the Thatcher years
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6245 on: June 24, 2022, 06:22:45 pm »
It's amazing that they continue to speak of the Cost of Living crisis as some kind of natural disaster.

As a consequence they never talk about economic policy. Sure, there's the old reflex which makes Tory morons say "we'll continue to cut taxes when we can", but absolutely nothing else. The Cost of Living crisis is simply like a plague of frogs which we must all endure. It came from God and when we've suffered enough God presumably will stop the Cost of Living crisis.
I'm amazed they haven't blamed it all on the last Labour government

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6246 on: June 24, 2022, 06:25:16 pm »
Think Starmer's tone in his 'victory speech' was all wrong.

Labour have won back a former stronghold seat, not very convincingly, and he's crowing like he's just been given the keys to No10.

He has an inibility to 'read the room'.
Dress it up any way you like, Labour have comfortably won back a seat that they lost under the worst leader in a generation.  Not entirely sure what you want him to say, the bloke can't win.  If he gets excited about something he is going to far, if he acts calmly he's lacking passion!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6247 on: June 24, 2022, 07:39:30 pm »
Dress it up any way you like, Labour have comfortably won back a seat that they lost under the worst leader in a generation. Not entirely sure what you want him to say, the bloke can't win.  If he gets excited about something he is going to far, if he acts calmly he's lacking passion!

This.

People love a moan!

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6248 on: June 24, 2022, 09:05:28 pm »
You have to wonder how the confidence vote would have gone if held now...

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6249 on: June 24, 2022, 09:15:32 pm »
Also wonder why they held the confidence vote before the By-elections, everyone thought they would have to get rid of him if the results were as bad as expected so why not wait a couple of weeks. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:17:26 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6250 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:01 pm »
Also wonder why they held the confidence vote before the By-elections, everyone thought they would have to get rid of him if the result was a bad as expected so why not wait a couple of weeks.

Tory incompetence, these people are most definitely not our best and brightest they can't even trigger a confidence vote at the right time.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6251 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:39 pm »
Great situation. He'll never resign. They are all as twitchy as fuck. They have no ideas. They will be at each other's throats constantly. Only Labour could fuck this up, but if they just sit tight it should fall into their laps. There will hardly be a day when some ambitious but incompetent Tory pretender doesn't make a complete fuck-up of their title bid.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #6252 on: June 24, 2022, 09:24:35 pm »

Would have been tighter certainly. But he already had 75% of backbenchers against him. Hard to increase that too much, given the number who are complete loons (Fabricant et al). It needs the payroll to start breaking against him, but why would they? This is as good as it gets for most of them.

Also wonder why they held the confidence vote before the By-elections, everyone thought they would have to get rid of him if the results were as bad as expected so why not wait a couple of weeks. 

It was all unorganised though. Simply a triggering of the vote once 54 went in. Piss up in a brewery etc.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6253 on: June 24, 2022, 09:28:29 pm »
Great situation. He'll never resign. They are all as twitchy as fuck. They have no ideas. They will be at each other's throats constantly. Only Labour could fuck this up, but if they just sit tight it should fall into their laps. There will hardly be a day when some ambitious but incompetent Tory pretender doesn't make a complete fuck-up of their title bid.

Since Labour said bye bye to Corbyn I've always thought they'll get in almost by default not because they're political masters in the style of Blair (I do find Starmer rather milquetoast but he's nowhere near as a big a liability in the electorates eyes as Corbyn) but more due to voters getting tired of the tories after how long they've been power, 14 years is an awfully long time for any party to be in government and for the electorate not to get sick of you. How long they'll manage to stay in power under Starmer is another question entirely you do never know but I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't a particularly lengthy stay.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6254 on: June 24, 2022, 09:28:30 pm »
Tory incompetence, these people are most definitely not our best and brightest they can't even trigger a confidence vote at the right time.
Your probably right, cynic in me makes me think they wanted to get it out the way knowing they would win it and keep Boris safe for another year to turn things around with a miracle. only Tory MPs who want him as PM are his sycophant cabinet and MPs who think it's better if he takes all backlash for the at least a year then kick him out with another blah blah PM.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6255 on: June 24, 2022, 09:32:27 pm »
I see there has been some odious Tory MP's and Lords celebrating the decision of the Supreme Court in the US, they get their propaganda from the same places too. How long before they try it here?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6256 on: June 24, 2022, 09:32:39 pm »
Your probably right, cynic in me makes me think they wanted to get it out the way knowing they would win it and keep Boris safe for another year to turn things around with a miracle. only Tory MPs who want him as PM are his sycophant cabinet and MPs who think it's better if he takes all backlash for the at least a year then kick him out with another blah blah PM.

I did think of that as a possibility, I could have seen it being true if the rebellion against him had barely edged above the initial number of MP's who submitted a letter to the 1922 perhaps some loyal ministers submitting a vote to get it out the way. Given the sheer size of the rebellion though I don't think that's the most likely scenario, they really are just incompetent and that's the reason the vote was scheduled when it was.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6257 on: June 24, 2022, 09:33:10 pm »
I see there has been some odious Tory MP's and Lords celebrating the decision of the Supreme Court in the US, they get their propaganda from the same places too. How long before they try it here?
Almost impossible for it to happen here I think….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6258 on: June 24, 2022, 09:35:32 pm »

The UK is way less religious than the US there's no sizeable minority wanting to ban abortion, let alone a majority I don't see that changing anytime soon even BoJo described the decision in the US as a big step back.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6259 on: June 24, 2022, 09:36:27 pm »
Almost impossible for it to happen here I think….

The decision will embolden the likes of the Pro-Life movement, who have already been pressuring clinics where abortions take place. The Government has already decided extra protection for those clinics is not  needed, because it only happens "to a few women." That will just be the beginning of it, don't underestimate those who would like our laws to be watered down. While these buggers are in power, I trust no one.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6260 on: June 24, 2022, 09:38:15 pm »
The UK is way less religious than the US there's no sizeable minority wanting to ban abortion, let alone a majority I don't see that changing anytime soon even BoJo described the decision in the US as a big step back.

It's the pro-life movement which holds more sway here, and they are already organising and pressuring people. As for Johnson, like I would believe a single word which came from his mouth.

Offline Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6261 on: June 24, 2022, 09:38:25 pm »
The decision will embolden the likes of the Pro-Life movement, who have already been pressuring clinics where abortions take place. The Government has already decided extra protection for those clinics is not  needed, because it only happens "to a few women." That will just be the beginning of it, don't underestimate those who would like our laws to be watered down. While these buggers are in power, I trust no one.

I mean the tories did extend abortion rights to Northern Ireland so I don't think its that likely.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6262 on: June 24, 2022, 09:53:11 pm »
What is worst is that they have no plan to deal with it. No fiscal policy to help tackle it.
Which is why it is so bad.
Why can’t they actually govern???
Part of the problem, and it may be media portyal rather than the truth, but labour don't seem to have many concrete ideas on how to fix things ? What, for example, are they proposing to lessen the cost of living crisis.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6263 on: June 24, 2022, 10:05:38 pm »
Part of the problem, and it may be media portyal rather than the truth, but labour don't seem to have many concrete ideas on how to fix things ? What, for example, are they proposing to lessen the cost of living crisis.
The most practical change would be to rejoin the Single Market and Customs Union. Indeed, I am not sure how the UK can make meaningful improvements to its situation while it remains outside of the SM and CU. The problem is that it seems that Labour are a long way off from making such suggestion, let alone commitment. I understand that they probably need to play it smart for now, but I cannot help but feel that it will be way too long before they grasp this particular nettle.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:28:15 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6264 on: June 24, 2022, 10:21:10 pm »

Any reasonable ideas are quickly copied and adopted by Tories, eg windfall tax on energy firms.  I guess u-turns in themselves damage the Tories, although the Tories have had so many u-turns over the last couple of years I’ve lost count.

Smart response right now is to propose the opposite of what the Tories are doing.  That should not be difficult as doing something beats doing nothing.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6265 on: June 24, 2022, 10:24:38 pm »
it's not for Labour to suggest ideas, keep their powder dry for now and let the Tories destroy themselves

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6266 on: June 24, 2022, 10:26:18 pm »
The most practical change would be to rejoin the Single Market and Customs Union. Indeed, I am not sure how the UK can make meaningful improvements to its situation while it remains outside of the SE and CU. The problem is that it seems that Labour are a long way off from making such suggestion, let alone commitment. I understand that they probably need to play it smart for now, but I cannot help but feel that it will be way too long before they grasp this particular nettle.
that would be political suicide in the current climate, it would rally the troops behind the Brexit flag and give Johnson an unnecessary lifeline.  Labour need to stay well away from that, for now...

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6267 on: June 24, 2022, 10:27:28 pm »
We have over 70% support for abortion in the uk.  It’s something we almost actually agree on…

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/bpas-polling-uk-voters-prochoice-political-spectrum

I don’t think there will be any issue.
W

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6268 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:34 pm »
They came up with the Windfall tax. Starmer keeps telling him to drop taxes and reminds him they have put up taxes something like 14 times.
Everyone keeps saying Labour have no policys, Johnson said the same throughout Covid and people believed it yet I saw him tell Johnson he had to do this or that throughout the whole 2 yrs. I take that to mean that would be what Starmer would have done if he was PM so he did have solutions and policys. the same applies to the economy. Starmer keeps telling him he has to do this every week yet people don't connect this to being his policys if he was PM.
I found it to be a bit annoying. people were asking where his manifesto was within weeks of him taking over.
I agree with Jiminy am also not happy about his Brexit stance, if he left the option  open to re-join if Labour came to power then I could understand but he has closed that option and it was a unnecessary silly mistake. the problem is the knives are out and all these arguments of not knowing what Labour stand for anymore will be made to bring in someone who may well undo all the progress made over the last few yrs.
I know what the Labour party stand for today, they are pro decency. pro NHS, care and education. etc etc.  were in a situation were we have a extreme right fascist's in power yet people don't see the serious consequences of loosing in 2024.
If Labour did do what we thought was impossible in 2019 and win the next election them I just hope people give them a break. they certainly didn't after 97 after another Tory government ran everything into the ground.
They will have an enormous job to do. the warnings went unheeded back in 2016 (referendum) and 2019, anyone thinking the next Labour government are going to make everything brilliant is sadly badly mistaken, they will struggle for years to take us back to where we were before 2010.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 10:51:19 pm by oldfordie »
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6269 on: June 24, 2022, 10:51:42 pm »

It did help to divert attention from another headline that day though.

HS2 minister Andrew Stephenson, who announced the news 30 minutes before the outcome of the confidence vote in Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, said the Government will explore alternatives for how high speed trains will reach Scotland.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2022-06-07/scrapping-3bn-hs2-golborne-link-will-lead-to-bottleneck

However reading details of the plan, £3Bn sounds like an awful lot of money for an 18 mile stretch of railway. I can't help but wonder what such a figure could achieve if it was allocated to improving the East / West railway links across the north of the country or other northern based projects, you know if there was a genuine 'levelling up' policy.

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2021-11-18/hs2-a-rail-betrayal-or-a-transport-revolution
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6270 on: June 25, 2022, 12:15:18 am »
They came up with the Windfall tax. Starmer keeps telling him to drop taxes and reminds him they have put up taxes something like 14 times.
Everyone keeps saying Labour have no policys, Johnson said the same throughout Covid and people believed it yet I saw him tell Johnson he had to do this or that throughout the whole 2 yrs. I take that to mean that would be what Starmer would have done if he was PM so he did have solutions and policys. the same applies to the economy. Starmer keeps telling him he has to do this every week yet people don't connect this to being his policys if he was PM.
I found it to be a bit annoying. people were asking where his manifesto was within weeks of him taking over.
I agree with Jiminy am also not happy about his Brexit stance, if he left the option  open to re-join if Labour came to power then I could understand but he has closed that option and it was a unnecessary silly mistake. the problem is the knives are out and all these arguments of not knowing what Labour stand for anymore will be made to bring in someone who may well undo all the progress made over the last few yrs.
I know what the Labour party stand for today, they are pro decency. pro NHS, care and education. etc etc.  were in a situation were we have a extreme right fascist's in power yet people don't see the serious consequences of loosing in 2024.
If Labour did do what we thought was impossible in 2019 and win the next election them I just hope people give them a break. they certainly didn't after 97 after another Tory government ran everything into the ground.
They will have an enormous job to do. the warnings went unheeded back in 2016 (referendum) and 2019, anyone thinking the next Labour government are going to make everything brilliant is sadly badly mistaken, they will struggle for years to take us back to where we were before 2010.

Speak for yourself.

It was always nonsense to suggest Labour had no chance of winning the next election. It was only said to defend how terribly they were doing in the polls last year. If things turn against Labour/in favour of the Tories again before the next GE, I'm sure we'll start hearing the "it was inevitable it would take time to recover from Corbyn" excuses again, as if Labour had never been 10+ points ahead since 2019.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6271 on: June 25, 2022, 12:35:06 am »
Speak for yourself.

It was always nonsense to suggest Labour had no chance of winning the next election. It was only said to defend how terribly they were doing in the polls last year. If things turn against Labour/in favour of the Tories again before the next GE, I'm sure we'll start hearing the "it was inevitable it would take time to recover from Corbyn" excuses again, as if Labour had never been 10+ points ahead since 2019.
It wasn't based on personal opinion, it was based on history, no party had   ever suffered such a loss of seats and come back to win the next GE. I don't remember anyone saying they think Labour will come back and win in 2024 either. the talk was about the Labour party trying to repair some of the damage so they have a chance in the following election.
               Emily Maitlis

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6272 on: June 25, 2022, 01:14:46 am »
Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson planned £150,000 treehouse for son Wilf at Chequers

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson planned to build a £150,000 treehouse in the grounds of Chequers but was forced to abandon the idea after the police raised security concerns.

The Times has been told that the prime minister and his wife Carrie wanted to build the treehouse at the country retreat in autumn 2020 for their son Wilf.

Two sources said that there were discussions about having Lord Brownlow, a Tory donor, fund the project and plans for the treehouse were drawn up.

The project was ditched after the prime minister’s close protection officers warned of a security risk because the treehouse would be visible from the road. This was despite the design including bulletproof glass, which increased the cost of the project significantly. The couple decided against pursuing the plans after the advice of the police.

No 10 aides raised concerns about the cost of the project and the fact that it would have been more expensive than buying a house in many parts of the country. “He was told it would look terrible,” a government source said.

There were also concerns about the prime minister accepting such a significant donation and whether it would represent a conflict of interest.

It was unclear whether the Chequers Trust, the body which runs the house, would have accepted the plans as many trees in the grounds are protected.

Brownlow did not respond to requests for comment. A government spokesman said: “We do not comment on private or family matters which do not involve any ministerial declarations or taxpayer funds.”

Brownlow was previously embroiled in the scandal over the refurbishment of Johnson’s Downing Street flat.

Shortly after entering Downing Street in 2019 the prime minister and his wife embarked on a significant makeover of the flat above No 11.

Brownlow committed £112,000 towards the refurbishment, including £52,000 which was paid to the Conservative Party and £60,000 to Soane Britain, for refurbishments carried out by Lulu Lytle, the designer.

The electoral commission found that the party had broken the law by failing to disclose some of the donation. The party was fined and Johnson subsequently repaid the money.

https://archive.ph/DImZ6#selection-1043.0-1453.249
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 01:16:19 am by ShakaHislop »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6273 on: June 25, 2022, 02:44:32 am »
Wilf? Thats what he called him?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6274 on: June 25, 2022, 02:48:44 am »

Named after the name his dad once called his mum?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6275 on: June 25, 2022, 08:07:07 am »
Any reasonable ideas are quickly copied and adopted by Tories, eg windfall tax on energy firms.  I guess u-turns in themselves damage the Tories, although the Tories have had so many u-turns over the last couple of years I’ve lost count.

Smart response right now is to propose the opposite of what the Tories are doing.  That should not be difficult as doing something beats doing nothing.
But if labour keep bringing up good policies. That are then enacted, that's good for the country right. And as long as the message gets through that they are labour led policy then even better.
I'm not sure windfall tax is a great example. I'm sure the Tories considered it, but rejected it as it would be against their mantra.
Probably sonme correct posts about getting cosier with the EU would help costs, but really don't know how the numbers work electorally.
Be interesting to compare inflation in other EU nations, but I susoect they are getting even harder hit by gas prices. Esp Germany as they have been switching off nuclear since Fukushima.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #6276 on: June 25, 2022, 09:13:33 am »

Reminds me of that Coupling episode where Patrick gets called Wilf and takes it as an insult.

Also, Wilf is 2. What would a 2 year old be doing in a treehouse? Johnson really does believe he'll be PM for a generation, doesn't he? I'm sure some other Tory no-mark said last year his ambition was to have a longer tenure than Thatcher's .
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6277 on: June 25, 2022, 09:51:38 am »
But if labour keep bringing up good policies. That are then enacted, that's good for the country right. And as long as the message gets through that they are labour led policy then even better.
I'm not sure windfall tax is a great example. I'm sure the Tories considered it, but rejected it as it would be against their mantra.
Probably sonme correct posts about getting cosier with the EU would help costs, but really don't know how the numbers work electorally.
Be interesting to compare inflation in other EU nations, but I susoect they are getting even harder hit by gas prices. Esp Germany as they have been switching off nuclear since Fukushima.

It is and it isn't. Yes the Tories bring in the good Labour policies, but then the c*nts bang on about how wonderful they are doing and the fucking idiots of the country fall for the bullshit once again, miss the fact it's NOT a Tory policy but a Labour policy and vote the c*nts back in and the destruction of the country and the economy continues.

Look at Covid, they monumentally fucked up every step of the way, they cost tens of thousands of people their lives due to the mismanagement, yet because Hancock watched contagion and got a good idea from the film, Boris is a hero with the thick fuckers because we had "the best vaccine rollout" and the dead are forgotten about.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 09:54:48 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6278 on: June 25, 2022, 10:08:12 am »
Remember the Owen Patterson scandal which seen him depart?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60260220

The company he lobbied for which was awarded contracts through the Covid waves reports record profits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-61935146

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6279 on: June 25, 2022, 10:11:40 am »

https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/26/desperate-tories-put-windfall-tax-on-fuel-giants-to-soften-pr-blow-of-partygate-16714398/