Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19695 times)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2022, 05:54:28 pm »
I bought this yesterday for $19 it was on sale for 70% off, must be doing shit.

Anyway, could someone give me some help. I've linked my prime gaming and EA sports accounts, I claimed a pack yesterday and when I went to log in today there's no place that says "My Packs" in the FUT? Did I do something wrong, shouldn't there be a pack there?

Any help is appreciated.
Can’t help with the pack issue sorry. I think in relation to the price, it’s definitely gotten a lot cheaper, a lot earlier. Fifa 21 sold massive amounts and Fifa 22 is 35% down on what 21 achieved, which is surprising and eyebrow raising but it’s what happens when you let your IP degrade over time with a lack of improvement and innovation.

It might actually spur EA into action for once.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2022, 06:28:55 pm »
Can’t help with the pack issue sorry. I think in relation to the price, it’s definitely gotten a lot cheaper, a lot earlier. Fifa 21 sold massive amounts and Fifa 22 is 35% down on what 21 achieved, which is surprising and eyebrow raising but it’s what happens when you let your IP degrade over time with a lack of improvement and innovation.

It might actually spur EA into action for once.

Pack finally showed up, dunno if it was just a time issue, or me emailing EA actually did anything but nonetheless. Got Henderson, so pretty happy with that.

As for the price I was very surprised, but definitely happy about it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2022, 11:51:05 am »
Got my first walk on in a pack. Harry Kane the slowest fucking forward in the entire fucking game

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2022, 11:54:41 am »
I bought this yesterday for $19 it was on sale for 70% off, must be doing shit.

Anyway, could someone give me some help. I've linked my prime gaming and EA sports accounts, I claimed a pack yesterday and when I went to log in today there's no place that says "My Packs" in the FUT? Did I do something wrong, shouldn't there be a pack there?

Any help is appreciated.

If you go to the Store (think its next to squad builder challenges) you should see it there
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2022, 11:58:39 am »
If you go to the Store (think its next to squad builder challenges) you should see it there
Pack finally showed up, dunno if it was just a time issue, or me emailing EA actually did anything but nonetheless. Got Henderson, so pretty happy with that.

As for the price I was very surprised, but definitely happy about it.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2022, 12:11:29 pm »
Got my first walk on in a pack. Harry Kane the slowest fucking forward in the entire fucking game
Six times I’ve got him, five of them not even being tradeable  :butt
AHA!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2022, 12:28:01 pm »
Six times I’ve got him, five of them not even being tradeable  :butt

Yeah he's not tradable for me either...

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 23, 2022, 12:47:10 pm »
Turned the game off in disgust after trying to get some sort of reasonable gameplay against AI. But all teams play the same, all the time - only faster depending on which difficulty level you choose. Haven't touched it in months now. I guess it's just a vehicle for Ultimate Teams now and I'm not the target audience.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2022, 12:56:06 pm »
Complete objective get free gold pack open said pack get Richarlson. Complete another objective get a free 1 player gold pack with guaranteed player 80+ , get richarlson fml

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 2, 2022, 03:27:40 pm »
Does anyone still play and can add me as a friend. I don't know anyone who plays FIFA in the states, and I need a couple of objectives complete. I'm proper shit at the game as well.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2022, 10:34:33 pm »
Chakan mate, don't put yourself through it. They make the best cards fucking impossible unless you spend all the money or all the time on the game.

Play seasons, and use whichever damn players you want. If you're on PS5 I'll add you
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: April 9, 2022, 02:26:50 pm »
Turned the game off in disgust after trying to get some sort of reasonable gameplay against AI. But all teams play the same, all the time - only faster depending on which difficulty level you choose. Haven't touched it in months now. I guess it's just a vehicle for Ultimate Teams now and I'm not the target audience.
Once EA went full in on Ultimate Team the game pretty much died. It's the same for Madden as well and that franchise in a much bigger mess than FIFA is.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 9, 2022, 02:29:06 pm »
Chakan mate, don't put yourself through it. They make the best cards fucking impossible unless you spend all the money or all the time on the game.

Play seasons, and use whichever damn players you want. If you're on PS5 I'll add you

I’m on PS4 mate, I got a good Nani card in some pack and sold it for 500k so managed to buy myself into a decent team. I still pretty much suck though. Having a bit of fun with it though.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #133 on: May 3, 2022, 05:36:15 pm »
It's free on PS5 this month if you have Plus

Got a game in on my lunch, plays better than it has in years. Presentation is second to none. Now PES is dead ill be playing this.

Beat Everton seven nil and it said I should raise my difficulty to Pro. I like the amount of polish and the graphics on PS5 are superb

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 5, 2022, 12:05:54 pm »
It's free on PS5 this month if you have Plus

Got a game in on my lunch, plays better than it has in years. Presentation is second to none. Now PES is dead ill be playing this.

Beat Everton seven nil and it said I should raise my difficulty to Pro. I like the amount of polish and the graphics on PS5 are superb
Just you wait mate.

Spend enough time with it and it falls apart, like every Fifa for the past 7 or 8 years has.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 5, 2022, 12:22:00 pm »
Just you wait mate.

Spend enough time with it and it falls apart, like every Fifa for the past 7 or 8 years has.

I guess it depends on your level of engagement, I mean i'm playing it very casual. I play on World class/Prof difficulty, I play Rivals in division 8-6 and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I suck quite a bit which is why I don't progress a lot. I do enjoy opening the packs though.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 5, 2022, 04:24:43 pm »
I guess it depends on your level of engagement, I mean i'm playing it very casual. I play on World class/Prof difficulty, I play Rivals in division 8-6 and i'm having a lot of fun with it. I suck quite a bit which is why I don't progress a lot. I do enjoy opening the packs though.
Yeah to be fair I almost exclusively play Career Mode v the AI on Legendary. And it just doesn't resemble football.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 5, 2022, 04:32:43 pm »
Yeah to be fair I almost exclusively play Career Mode v the AI on Legendary. And it just doesn't resemble football.

Yeah I did the career mode for player and manager, but after about 1 or 2 seasons it became a bit repetitive. Although that was on professional so might have to up the difficulty.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 9, 2022, 02:27:09 pm »
Tried this with it being free on Playstation Plus - fucking awful, doesn't feel remotely like the sport of football, admittedly it looks & sounds very much like that sport but once you're on the pitch everything is so unintuitive and bizarre. Football's a pretty simple game, pass and move etc, but all that is made incredibly difficult here. Doesn't help that I haven't played a FIFA in years and have forgotten half the controls but still, I'm just trying to have a vaguely enjoyable kickabout not competing to be the best e-sports player in the World.

The game constantly picks the wrong player to switch to when you're defending, to the point I just didn't bother and hoped the AI would do something to stop the opponents for me (usually doesn't). The animation is weird, it feels like you're constantly locked into doing what the game wants you to do rather than how you'd like to play. Horribly floaty feel about the ball and players ... it's just shit imo.

How does this crap keep selling?
« Last Edit: May 9, 2022, 02:38:34 pm by Father Ted »

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #139 on: May 9, 2022, 04:07:05 pm »
Tried this with it being free on Playstation Plus - fucking awful, doesn't feel remotely like the sport of football, admittedly it looks & sounds very much like that sport but once you're on the pitch everything is so unintuitive and bizarre. Football's a pretty simple game, pass and move etc, but all that is made incredibly difficult here. Doesn't help that I haven't played a FIFA in years and have forgotten half the controls but still, I'm just trying to have a vaguely enjoyable kickabout not competing to be the best e-sports player in the World.

The game constantly picks the wrong player to switch to when you're defending, to the point I just didn't bother and hoped the AI would do something to stop the opponents for me (usually doesn't). The animation is weird, it feels like you're constantly locked into doing what the game wants you to do rather than how you'd like to play. Horribly floaty feel about the ball and players ... it's just shit imo.

How does this crap keep selling?

Yeah, played a few games then uninstalled, no different from the shite they were serving up last time I played it

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 9, 2022, 08:14:25 pm »
Clubs is the only decent mode

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2022, 05:33:20 pm »
Looks like Fifa is no more

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2022, 05:39:10 pm »
Looks like Fifa is no more

Just seen that. EA Sports FC it will be called and they will be focusing on creating content and other weird shit.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »
Pro Evo was always better.  8)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2022, 07:44:18 pm »
So from 2023 there will be no proper football games at all?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2022, 10:41:23 pm »
So from 2023 there will be no proper football games at all?

No. There just won't be a game called FIFA or if there is then it'll be a different developer.

It's not really that big to be honest, everyone that buys FIFA will just buy the next EA sports game, the marketing has already taken place with the social media accounts of clubs and gaming platforms.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2022, 10:46:30 pm »
Just you wait mate.

I got bored of it already lol I want the real thing back to playing Quake

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2022, 11:00:02 pm »
Can see something like, Konami for the PES series buying the FIFA licence. I know 2K don't publish a football series at the mo, but could they well be interested in doing to & buying the licence too?
#Sausages

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2022, 06:14:43 am »
Worth noting that EA already have licences in place for 19,000 footballers, 700 teams, 100 stadiums and multiple leagues including the Premier League, Bundesliga, La Liga and UEFA.

Their next football game will be pretty much fifa with a few of the lesser leagues.

Online Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2022, 07:36:28 am »
Just realised this was free on ps plus thanks to this thread so will see how I go considering I haven’t played since FIFA 18 and I think I gave up on that after a few weeks so the last game I played for a whole season would’ve been 16 or 17.

In regards to no more FIFA after next year I assume that just means EA will still create a game but it will just be called something different?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 11, 2022, 09:35:57 am »
Let's hope FromSoft get the FIFA licence.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2022, 09:53:19 am »
Let's hope FromSoft get the FIFA licence.

:D Football nobody wanted - but we all deserve.

If there's one studio capable of making a brilliant football game - it's 2K.
Nobody else comes close to what they are doing with NBA games - it's not even funny how far ahead of other group sport games they are.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2022, 10:26:22 pm »
:D Football nobody wanted - but we all deserve.

If there's one studio capable of making a brilliant football game - it's 2K.
Nobody else comes close to what they are doing with NBA games - it's not even funny how far ahead of other group sport games they are.

Their monetisation model is worse that EA!

Everything costs and if you want to get a decent rated player for online, your wallet better come out.

Gameplay wise the NBA games are great though, and the presentation.

Don’t want to see 2k anywhere near a football game though.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2022, 10:38:45 pm »
It's all about licenses with football games these days now as far as selling your game goes.

Hopefully now we get to see a focus away from that shite, and we get old school football titles with fake names and kits, but were proper fun games to play. You know...the way games used to be before the greed set in.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2022, 01:09:05 pm »
I do wonder how much EA will be able to do without all the full suite of licences and do we assume that elements of the game like Ultimate Team might have to be rebranded and changed due to them being IP tied to the FIFA rights?

And then it will be interesting to see who FIFA seek out to make their new game. Would try to round up as much of the team that made PES 20 as possible and give them money and time.

When you do play as an unlicensed team in a fake stadium on FIFA, the veneer cracks and you realise it’s barely even average. The atmosphere it can generate for a licenced Prem game in Anfield playing as Liverpool does make the game feel better. They’re losing that probably.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2022, 02:56:05 pm »
I do wonder how much EA will be able to do without all the full suite of licences and do we assume that elements of the game like Ultimate Team might have to be rebranded and changed due to them being IP tied to the FIFA rights?

And then it will be interesting to see who FIFA seek out to make their new game. Would try to round up as much of the team that made PES 20 as possible and give them money and time.

When you do play as an unlicensed team in a fake stadium on FIFA, the veneer cracks and you realise it’s barely even average. The atmosphere it can generate for a licenced Prem game in Anfield playing as Liverpool does make the game feel better. They’re losing that probably.

What could go wrong?  ;D

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2022, 03:03:20 pm »

I think EA have been biding their time for quite some time and finally they called FIFA's bluff. The writing was on the wall once Konami changed name too and basically shot themselves in the foot by dishing out one of the worst football games I have ever played. Couldn't even last one full game. Not sure there will be lots of offers for the FIFA name to be honest.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 12, 2022, 03:23:23 pm »
Their monetisation model is worse that EA!

Everything costs and if you want to get a decent rated player for online, your wallet better come out.

Gameplay wise the NBA games are great though, and the presentation.

Don’t want to see 2k anywhere near a football game though.

Yeah, wouldn't know - I only play these games offline because people. And offline they wipe the floor with any football game. Tactical depth, player likeness (in everything they do, not just how they look) and general game presentation are miles ahead.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 12, 2022, 04:53:49 pm »
What could go wrong?  ;D
I don’t mean the team responsible for the most recent abomination, I mean some of the lead animators and people who worked on 20, a full two years before Konami disappeared up their own arses.

They didn’t get the praise they deserved but some of the latter day PES titles were some of the finest football games ever made. If they had a bigger budget, all the licences and a bigger team with more time to execute, I’d trust them more than I’d trust EA’s Dev teams. All of those things are pie in the sky. Fifa will appoint whoever they think will make them the most money so probably Ubisoft or someone equally poorly suited.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2022, 09:33:22 am »
What could go wrong?  ;D

Didn't know you were a student of the PES series like me

PES 2020 was the last great iteration. The on pitch football is the best I've ever seen. It's actually funny I think FIFA has started to borrow from it

And as someone in the industry, I can say its likely the talented devs and artists and QA are not to blame for the EPES stupidity business model

So what could go wrong? Probably not as much as you insinuate

---
But basically it won't happen lol we probably won't get what we want