Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279305 times)

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #37040 on: June 29, 2022, 10:58:44 am »
Frenkie de Jong has informed Man Utd and Barcelona that he doesn't want to make the move  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/frenkie-jong-resiste-13960835
That is hilarious. It is so Everton, sorry, Man United.  :lmao

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37041 on: June 29, 2022, 11:02:03 am »
We should bid for him, just for the giggles.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37042 on: June 29, 2022, 11:05:33 am »
Frenkie de Jong has informed Man Utd and Barcelona that he doesn't want to make the move  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline mbyx6cg2

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37043 on: June 29, 2022, 11:05:58 am »

Very funny if true. Reliable though?
Once she's had a few glasses of Chardonnay I'll be in quicker than you can say PDF to offer her a jolly good spit shining of her corned beef curtains

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37044 on: June 29, 2022, 11:06:58 am »
We should bid for him, just for the giggles.

If he accepts a pay-cut, why not? He would be great on our team ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37045 on: June 29, 2022, 11:08:20 am »

Local Barcelona newspaper, so probably reliable on the issue ...

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #37046 on: June 29, 2022, 11:12:17 am »
And Princess Leia strangles Jabba the Hut Utd with the same chain he was yanking her with. It's almost as though no one saw that coming...again.  :lmao :lmao :lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37047 on: June 29, 2022, 11:14:31 am »
Yeah. It's basically their mouthpiece. They won't fabricate a story like this for a player they are desperate to move on.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37048 on: June 29, 2022, 12:06:26 pm »
Can't believe clubs still try to buy players without actually finding out if said player wants the move first.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37049 on: June 29, 2022, 12:16:23 pm »
Can't believe clubs still try to buy players without actually finding out if said player wants the move first.
He used to play under ten Hag and they're Man U.  Why would they bother to find out what every Man U fan already knows - he'd walk over hot coals to play for them!

That he's playing for one of the biggest (and worst run, admittedly) sides in the world and is effectively guaranteed Champions League football every season is just an inconvenience.  Playing Europa League football alongside Fred and McTominay is exactly how every elite player wants to spend their peak seasons.

I'm in two minds on it, I wouldn't mind seeing Man U spend the bulk of their transfer budget on a player that won't fit them particularly well but I'm also intrigued to see who they end up chasing next if he turns them down.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37050 on: June 29, 2022, 12:47:00 pm »
 He’s still going to end up signing for Man Utd.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37051 on: June 29, 2022, 12:49:51 pm »

The club is Manchester United…. Still cant believe it?

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #37052 on: June 29, 2022, 01:01:58 pm »

Agreed, and the media will claim him the best in the world, as they do with every Utd signing

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #37053 on: June 29, 2022, 01:12:59 pm »

But you would have an unhappy player on your hands. An Angel Di Maria all over again.

You wouldn’t hire an employee that doesn’t want to work for you so I don’t get why they cast aside those concerns.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37054 on: June 29, 2022, 01:14:25 pm »
I'm sure most clubs don't. But Man Utd aren't noted for their self-awareness or acceptance of state.

They don't sing "Vainglory, Vainglory Man Utd" for nothing. Those are the words, right?

There's another, London, club with similar delusions of grandeur who also sing that 'Glory, glory...' song

It's all in the conceit
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #37055 on: June 29, 2022, 01:26:41 pm »

Why want a player who doesn;t want to play for you
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #37056 on: June 29, 2022, 01:32:52 pm »
What a strange club they are. Going all in for a player who absolutely doesn't want to play for them.

I thought this new dawn was all about bringing in hungry players who'd die for the shirt?

It smacks of the Blueshite, when they kept upping the salary to Ancelotti until he accepted, despite having no actual interest in the job or the club. He also bailed out at the first opportunity.

It's all so embarrassingly desperate.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #37057 on: June 29, 2022, 01:33:13 pm »
If this falls through it'll be fucking hilarious, would throw their whole transfer plans into chaos.

Would destroy their fanbase psychologically as well.

They'd go into the new season under a dark cloud, honestly could see them finish in the bottom half of the table.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #37058 on: June 29, 2022, 01:34:20 pm »
But you would have an unhappy player on your hands. An Angel Di Maria all over again.

You wouldn’t hire an employee that doesn’t want to work for you so I don’t get why they cast aside those concerns.

He’s ten Hag’s choice, its the player he wants (and knows), I presume he believes that once he’s at the club and becomes part of his plan, he’ll be absolutely fine and will embrace the roll.

Just how I presume it is. This ‘deal’ has been in the works, and worked on - with his agent for a long time. Why would he and his agent bother if there wasn’t a conclusion to it that saw him end up at Man Utdf. Sure he may want to stay at Barca, but being pragmatic, he knows that isn’t going to work.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37059 on: June 29, 2022, 01:40:56 pm »
They need a centre back, 2 midfielders in a 6 and 8 capacity.... 2 solid full backs who can offer something going forwards and right forward and a striker.

They also need a goalkeeper who can command his box.

They need a complete overhaul, players of similar enough ages (22-25) who can grow together over 3-4 transfer windows into a competitive outfit.

To do that they will require a comprehensive scouting department and recruitment team as their resources are limited and their hit rate needs to be nailed on 8 times out of 10 if they are to get it 'right'

They also require a coaching philosophy that can compete at the top end (manager and coaching staff)

There is A LOT of work to be done on the footballing side of their club to become competitive - and it will take 3-5 years to start to take shape assuming the above decisions and people are correct.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37060 on: June 29, 2022, 01:42:05 pm »

Possible, if they offer him £500,000 per week ...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #37061 on: June 29, 2022, 01:42:52 pm »
I presume he believes that once he’s at the club and becomes part of his plan, he’ll be absolutely fine and will embrace the roll.
Not if Shaw gets there first ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37062 on: June 29, 2022, 01:43:51 pm »
I await the Aaron Lennon to Everton kind of photos when De Jong is holding that filthy shirt.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37063 on: June 29, 2022, 01:46:16 pm »
He’s ten Hag’s choice, its the player he wants (and knows), I presume he believes that once he’s at the club and becomes part of his plan, he’ll be absolutely fine and will embrace the roll...
"Look, we got on ok in school, didn't we. Ok, I know you don't fancy me and you find your current partner far more attractive, but if you leave him for me you might learn to love me eventually. Go on, give it a try. I'll make it worth your while financially. You'll fancy me in the end. Honestly, you will."
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #37064 on: June 29, 2022, 01:52:46 pm »
I await the Aaron Lennon to Everton kind of photos when De Jong is holding that filthy shirt.

I think that he'll end up at Utd, but I do believe there's some truth to what's coming out of Spain. maybe he backs himself to play well enough to dissuade Barcelona's intentions and change their mind.

Ultimately there's nothing to stop the player and his agent feeling out Utd, what they're offering, what the project is. But if the player isn't going, he's not going. He has a contract until 2026 with Barcelona, so they either pay him a massive amount or let him stay.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 01:54:54 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37065 on: June 29, 2022, 02:03:06 pm »
They need a centre back, 2 midfielders in a 6 and 8 capacity.... 2 solid full backs who can offer something going forwards and right forward and a striker.

They need a complete overhaul, players of similar enough ages (22-25) who can grow together over 3-4 transfer windows into a competitive outfit.

To do that they will require a comprehensive scouting department and recruitment team as their resources are limited and their hit rate needs to be nailed on 8 times out of 10 if they are to get it 'right'

They also require a coaching philosophy that can compete at the top end (manager and coaching staff)

There is A LOT of work to be done on the footballing side of their club to become competitive - and it will take 3-5 years to start to take shape assuming the above decisions and people are correct.
They need a new team.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #37066 on: June 29, 2022, 02:11:23 pm »
Not if Shaw gets there first ;)
If Tyrell goes there the first thing he'll say to Shaw is "Time to diet."

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37067 on: June 29, 2022, 02:24:06 pm »
:lmao

Love how it was being reported yesterday that a deal had been agreed but there was still some significant issues to resolve or something similar...namely the player really doesn’t want to go there!

Why wouldn’t United take the hint and move on? Even if he ends up there you’re going to have a miserable player on your hands. It can’t end well.
of course it can!

oh - you mean for them?  ok ....  :)

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37068 on: June 29, 2022, 06:11:41 pm »

Yep. They will keep throwing money at him until they convince him on their "project".
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37069 on: June 29, 2022, 06:24:37 pm »
I wanna ask people if they'd support a club owned by ISIS

"Don't be stupid. That's a murderous evil gang, course I wouldn't".

Welllll......

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37070 on: June 29, 2022, 06:39:15 pm »
So much compassion and empathy in here, that's why I enjoy this thread so much, those are the qualities a true historian brings 'to the mantelpiece', you do not judge the past, you try to understand it in its own context, and you never laugh uproariously at the piteous wretches trying to cling to the obsolete hope that one day one day one day it might ...
But no, even writing that I have had to wipe tears away.
What an admirable thread, this is RAWK at its best demonstrating a duty of care for the unsaveable.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #37071 on: June 29, 2022, 11:24:41 pm »
I wanna ask people if they'd support a club owned by ISIS

"Don't be stupid. That's a murderous evil gang, course I wouldn't".

Welllll......

They'd probably 'do a Westwood' and whine some evasive bollocks about it being a hypothetical question.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:37:31 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37072 on: June 30, 2022, 02:13:19 am »
If Tyrell goes there the first thing he'll say to Shaw is "Time to diet."
This deserved more recognition.  :)

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37073 on: June 30, 2022, 12:17:09 pm »
A legal team representing Cristiano Ronaldo has asked a US judge to order the lawyer of a woman who accused the footballer of rape to pay him more than $626,000 (£516k), after a rape allegation lawsuit against him was dismissed.

That loveable rogue.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #37074 on: June 30, 2022, 12:45:42 pm »

Lol  Half the Premier League could get to 3rd/4th with six top signings.

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37075 on: June 30, 2022, 03:43:30 pm »
That loveable rogue.

Hmmm, if I was a high-profile person who had some random punter accuse me of rape and drag my name through the mud for X many years, and I was completely innocent, I would want some form of revenge. I think its fair to say only Ronaldo and the accuser know for certain whether he is innocent or not....

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37076 on: June 30, 2022, 05:43:17 pm »
Hmmm, if I was a high-profile person who had some random punter accuse me of rape and drag my name through the mud for X many years, and I was completely innocent, I would want some form of revenge. I think its fair to say only Ronaldo and the accuser know for certain whether he is innocent or not....

He paid her to keep silent. If he was innocent, why didn’t he go to court to clear his name. I would, wouldn’t you?

He’s on record saying she said “stop”.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37077 on: June 30, 2022, 06:11:44 pm »
Still not signed de Jong yet? I thought the press bigged-up Thursday as the big day?

Frankie Say No?

For definite?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #37078 on: June 30, 2022, 07:41:58 pm »

Yeah, this is just completely wrong.

The lawyer probably does deserve some form of punishment but it's not for anything along the likes of what you are saying.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37079 on: July 2, 2022, 02:22:19 am »
This lot having a full meltdown with us resigning Salah. Absolutely hilarious!