Author Topic: Europa League 2023/2024  (Read 53472 times)

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
Re: Europa League 2023/2024
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2023, 02:32:06 pm »
Isn't Sheriff pretty close to the Ukranian border - not sure I'd be wanting to go there, mate !? Or do they play somewhere else ?
Yeah its not far, about 10km. No they are still playing in their own stadium thankfully.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2023, 09:59:21 pm »
I've been to Tiraspol before. Sleeper train from Bucharest to Chisinau then to Tiraspol by road.

I was leading a tour group at the time so I was "in charge". Went on this "alternative walking tour" with this completely mad bloke who had previously been recommended to us. Anyway. One of the stops was a "viewpoint" at the top of this old Soviet tower block. Half the group got in the lift and half of us went up the stairs. Obviously the lift fucking broke down and I had half of my group stuck in an ancient fucking Soviet lift on like the 14th floor or something, some of them freaking the fuck out. It was a bank holiday and I do not speak Russian so you can imagine the fucking carnage getting an engineer out to fix the lift. They were in there over an hour. The whole time me running up and down 14 flights of stairs manically trying to call the lift from different floors / find someone who knew how to fix it / find someone who had a phone that worked.

Christ. Reckon I aged about a decade that day.

Then on the sleeper train back to Bucharest, the train got fucking torn apart by the Romanian border guards because it's a prime ciggie smuggling route. Literally ripped all the panels off the walls of the cabins we were in. Was about 2 hours late getting in to Bucharest.

Anyway. Probs won't bother with Sheriff if we get them ;D. Don't go up in any lifts if any of you end up going ;D.

Qarabag is the one I want, even though I know it'll be in Baku.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2023, 10:26:51 am »
I've been to Tiraspol before. Sleeper train from Bucharest to Chisinau then to Tiraspol by road.

I was leading a tour group at the time so I was "in charge". Went on this "alternative walking tour" with this completely mad bloke who had previously been recommended to us. Anyway. One of the stops was a "viewpoint" at the top of this old Soviet tower block. Half the group got in the lift and half of us went up the stairs. Obviously the lift fucking broke down and I had half of my group stuck in an ancient fucking Soviet lift on like the 14th floor or something, some of them freaking the fuck out. It was a bank holiday and I do not speak Russian so you can imagine the fucking carnage getting an engineer out to fix the lift. They were in there over an hour. The whole time me running up and down 14 flights of stairs manically trying to call the lift from different floors / find someone who knew how to fix it / find someone who had a phone that worked.

Then on the sleeper train back to Bucharest, the train got fucking torn apart by the Romanian border guards because it's a prime ciggie smuggling route. Literally ripped all the panels off the walls of the cabins we were in. Was about 2 hours late getting in to Bucharest.

Anyway. Probs won't bother with Sheriff if we get them ;D. Don't go up in any lifts if any of you end up going ;D.

Ha, great story  ! ;D ;D

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2023, 10:34:45 am »
Interesting to see who makes the cut. I think PSV will knock Rangers out meaning they're a possibility again  ;D

Pretty good chance of a trip to Belgium if they have three sides in pot 2.

Possibility to get Rangers again now as Dinamo Zagreb got knocked out of CL yesterday so are in Pot 1 with us. So if Rangers lose to Servette they'll be in Pot 2

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2023, 11:12:37 am »
Possibility to get Rangers again now as Dinamo Zagreb got knocked out of CL yesterday so are in Pot 1 with us. So if Rangers lose to Servette they'll be in Pot 2

PSV you mean, they've already beat Servette  ;)

Would be a bit of a boring draw getting them again but suppose we beat them comfortably twice last year and would hopefully do so again if we get them.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2023, 01:39:59 pm »
PSV you mean, they've already beat Servette  ;)

Would be a bit of a boring draw getting them again but suppose we beat them comfortably twice last year and would hopefully do so again if we get them.

Yeah sorry PSV, Servette already in pot 4

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2023, 06:23:20 pm »
When's the draw for the group stage?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2023, 06:26:33 pm »
1st September
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2023, 05:43:09 am »
With both the playoffs in CL and EL confirmed can put now the provisional pots - that's in case the teams with the higher coefficients in the pairs advance.
Bold - already qualified, orange - advanced from EL playoffs.

Pot 1

Liverpool
West Ham United                                                              
AS Roma

Ajax                                         
Villarreal                                  
Bayer Leverkusen                                 
Atalanta

Dinamo Zagreb         

Pot 2

Glasgow Rangers
Sporting CP Lisbon

Slavia Praha         
Stade Rennais
Olympiakos Piraeus
Real Betis
LASK             
Olympique Marseille

Pot 3

Qarabag FK   
Slovan Bratislava

Molde       
Brighton & Hove Albion

Sheriff Tiraspol
Union Saint-Gilloise

SC Freiburg
Mac Haifa

Pot 4

Sturm Graz                                                           
Toulouse FC
AEK

Aberdeen
TSC Backa Topola
Servette FC Genève
Panathinaikos
Raków
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 10:08:14 pm by tasmichkata »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2023, 01:12:25 pm »
Really looking forward to the draw. The Europa League is gonna be a huge part of the season hopefully and ideally we'll win it. Roma are the only side with a co-efficient score anywhere near ours and that's because they've been to two finals in the last two years. We'd probably be one of the top seeds if we were in the Champions League and hopefully we improve it even further if we win this and go back into the CL next season.

West Ham getting into the top pot for beating some really poor opposition is funny. Can understand the Europa League winner getting top pot in the Champions League but for winning such an underwhelming competition it's just not the same.

My predictions for the Champions League final play-off losers are ...

Young Boys
AEK Athens
Rakow
Molde
Rangers
Panithinaikos

Some of the Europa League ties are trickier to guess but I reckon the likes of Ajax, LASK and Olympiakos go through based on opponents.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2023, 01:22:19 pm »
Really looking forward to the draw. The Europa League is gonna be a huge part of the season hopefully and ideally we'll win it. Roma are the only side with a co-efficient score anywhere near ours and that's because they've been to two finals in the last two years. We'd probably be one of the top seeds if we were in the Champions League and hopefully we improve it even further if we win this and go back into the CL next season.

We would be in Pot 2 of CL. As only champions CL and Europa League winners are in Pot 1

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2023, 01:23:07 pm »

Cracking story!  ;D
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2023, 01:25:16 pm »
We would be in Pot 2 of CL. As only champions CL and Europa League winners are in Pot 1
I don't think that it was implied that we'd be in Pot 1, just that we would be one of the top seeds.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2023, 01:28:21 pm »
I don't think that it was implied that we'd be in Pot 1, just that we would be one of the top seeds.

Yep no worries

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2023, 10:10:11 am »
Who has the biggest capacity stadium from pot 2 down? Betis maybe?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2023, 10:36:48 am »
Who has the biggest capacity stadium from pot 2 down? Betis maybe?

As it stands in Pot 2 - plenty can change after playoffs this and next week

Marseille           67394
Betis                 60270
Sporting CP   50095
PSV                   35119
Olympiacos   32115
Rennes           29778
Slavia Prague   19370
LASK   19080

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2023, 11:49:14 am »
Marseille would be the best tie IMO

Offline tgi91

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2023, 12:42:26 pm »
I managed to build up some Euro Away credits between 16-19 but unfortunately haven't been able to do any of them for a few years now, for one reason or another.

I managed to get on the ladder by going over to Beşiktaş, and off the back of that, got Dortmund away, then Roma away (CL Semi) and finally Barca away.

However, never managed to get more than 1 Euro Away per season, and now totally fallen off the ladder.

Is there any possibilities of getting back on via the EL do you think, perhaps if we got Marseille in the group stage?

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2023, 01:11:45 pm »
I managed to build up some Euro Away credits between 16-19 but unfortunately haven't been able to do any of them for a few years now, for one reason or another.

I managed to get on the ladder by going over to Beşiktaş, and off the back of that, got Dortmund away, then Roma away (CL Semi) and finally Barca away.

However, never managed to get more than 1 Euro Away per season, and now totally fallen off the ladder.

Is there any possibilities of getting back on via the EL do you think, perhaps if we got Marseille in the group stage?

Biggest allocation likely to be 3370 at Marseille. Think it'll be tough personally, but there are people on here with better knowledge than me

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2023, 01:25:43 pm »
I'd feel somewhat confident of getting a ticket if we get Marseille or Betis. Any allocation that's over 3k would be in with a chance.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2023, 01:40:12 pm »
The biggest allocation last season was Napoli with - 2,736, so practically any over that should go to all members. Getting Qarabaq also will give you a chance as there will be pre-register to see how many will defo want to go.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2023, 01:42:35 pm »
The biggest allocation last season was Napoli with - 2,736, so practically any over that should go to all members. Getting Qarabaq also will give you a chance as there will be pre-register to see how many will defo want to go.

it'll be over a few seasons tho be some with napoliin previous seasons or atletico from years before who have 1

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2023, 01:48:29 pm »
They won't need them.

Offline Origi-nal

• Main Stander
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2023, 04:02:37 pm »
They won't need them.

would it not depend on the match order?

if we get a smaller away first they will need to go back to previous seasons, and any games after that will use that as one of the criteria

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2023, 05:47:10 pm »
would it not depend on the match order?

if we get a smaller away first they will need to go back to previous seasons, and any games after that will use that as one of the criteria

Ye, if we get smaller than Real then they will get back to previous seasons.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2023, 06:25:42 pm »
Just curious as to why they go back so many seasons for the away ticket sales?

It should be credits from the previous season and then any left over go on sale to those with the home games. Gives more people a chance to get to an away game. 

Edit: Obvs with the smaller capacity stadiums, they may need to. Next season though there’ll be bigger allocations if we’re in the CL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 06:27:54 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2023, 06:54:13 pm »
Just curious as to why they go back so many seasons for the away ticket sales?

It should be credits from the previous season and then any left over go on sale to those with the home games. Gives more people a chance to get to an away game. 
Because they'll go back as far as they need to in order to find the guaranteed sale, same as they do with every cup competition. Lets say 2K have all euro aways from last season (hypothetically) but we get an allocation of 600, is it fair that none of the 2K are guaranteed a ticket or is it fair that if lets say 500 of those 2K that haven't missed a euro away in 5 or so years get that that loyalty rewarded with a guaranteed ticket out of the 600?

Again people will always suggest what would suit them best personally without giving a second thought to those that put the hard yards in and have done for years.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2023, 06:59:00 pm by ABJ »

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2023, 08:53:12 pm »

Don’t agree with all members though, should be STH’s and 13+ credit members first, why is it fair that anyone can get a membership not go any other game but have as much chance of getting on the euro away ladder as someone that spends serious money all season
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2023, 09:19:30 pm »
Because they'll go back as far as they need to in order to find the guaranteed sale, same as they do with every cup competition. Lets say 2K have all euro aways from last season (hypothetically) but we get an allocation of 600, is it fair that none of the 2K are guaranteed a ticket or is it fair that if lets say 500 of those 2K that haven't missed a euro away in 5 or so years get that that loyalty rewarded with a guaranteed ticket out of the 600?

Again people will always suggest what would suit them best personally without giving a second thought to those that put the hard yards in and have done for years.

I got you. Nice one

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2023, 10:43:36 pm »
Don’t agree with all members though, should be STH’s and 13+ credit members first, why is it fair that anyone can get a membership not go any other game but have as much chance of getting on the euro away ladder as someone that spends serious money all season

Because they are in the same boat as them - have never been to aways but suddenly become inetersted to go to one.

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2023, 08:19:22 am »
The reason for the interest in doing Euro aways in last few years is that the penny has dropped that it guarantees you a Final Ticket, no-one was arsed when we were not featuring in Finals.

Offline Origi-nal

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2023, 09:23:51 am »
The reason for the interest in doing Euro aways in last few years is that the penny has dropped that it guarantees you a Final Ticket, no-one was arsed when we were not featuring in Finals.

for some maybe, I find most euro aways are much more fun than the finals

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2023, 09:35:00 am »

No to this.

I know people that have decided to drop off going to home games (as much) in the league as they cant be arsed with the queuing system of getting tickets as members anymore.  They go to all away games, cup games home and away including Europe. The reason they continue to do these games is because the ticket system (for members with credits) is easier so they have decided to gib going to as many home games in the league.

This is where the credit system forces you to choose which games you are going to commit to continue going to in order to keep YOUR OWN credits.

I'm talking about friends that have been going to the games for 20, 25, 30 plus years too.

Yes I know you can play the system with regards to credits but this shows that just because you have a season ticket or 13+ homes as a member not everyone chooses to do every single match that we play in every coemption.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 09:36:40 am by gravy red »

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2023, 09:49:05 am »
No to this.

I know people that have decided to drop off going to home games (as much) in the league as they cant be arsed with the queuing system of getting tickets as members anymore.  They go to all away games, cup games home and away including Europe. The reason they continue to do these games is because the ticket system (for members with credits) is easier so they have decided to gib going to as many home games in the league.

This is where the credit system forces you to choose which games you are going to commit to continue going to in order to keep YOUR OWN credits.

I'm talking about friends that have been going to the games for 20, 25, 30 plus years too.

Yes I know you can play the system with regards to credits but this shows that just because you have a season ticket or 13+ homes as a member not everyone chooses to do every single match that we play in every coemption.

I think he is saying if it drops to 0 away credits. So in that scenario, all your mates would already be boxed with previous credits.

Think he means, someone cannot just buy a membership a week before a sale, with zero history, to then buy a Euro away game.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2023, 10:21:52 am »
I think taking into account the bare minimum amount of history would be a good shout. Even if it's just something like you've had the membership 1+ years or attended at least one home game, would still be a massive free for all but would cut down on any accounts buying the membership the week before and getting an away ticket. Suppose the club want to sell memberships though so they'd never go for that.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2023, 10:54:08 am »
I think he is saying if it drops to 0 away credits. So in that scenario, all your mates would already be boxed with previous credits.

Think he means, someone cannot just buy a membership a week before a sale, with zero history, to then buy a Euro away game.

Not sure how this season it will ever get to 0 credits - Marseille will be the biggest allocation 3370 (Max), certainly in the groups. They used Atletico 2020 as credit towards a Paris final ticket and that was 3328. They will go back to that if they need to

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2023, 11:34:39 am »
They dont want to merge credit ladders

Dont want to make even more of a close shop

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2023, 01:16:48 pm »
First leg of the qualifiers have been played over the last few days, 6 in the Champions League and the 10 Europa League ones last night to settle the other half of the group stages. Have to say, so many of them look evenly poised. All 6 Champions League first legs ended either a draw or had a winner only leading by one goal. In the Europa qualifiers, Ajax are the only ones I'd say look comfortably through after beating Ludogorets 4-1 away. Slavia Prague, Olympiakos, Union SG, Qarabag and Dinamo Zagreb all won by two goals, so are in command ahead of the 2nd legs. The rest are either goal leads or draws.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2023, 02:38:51 pm »
I read somewhere that we are gonna be in pot 1 not pot 2 like someone suggested previously.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2023, 02:45:45 pm »
I read somewhere that we are gonna be in pot 1 not pot 2 like someone suggested previously.
No its only if we were in the European Cup that we'd be in pot 2. As soon as we qualified, we were always going to be in pot 1 for the UEFA Cup.