Author Topic: FC Gomel v Liverpool, UEFA Cup 2nd QR  (Read 31664 times)

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FC Gomel v Liverpool, UEFA Cup 2nd QR
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2012, 07:48:43 pm »
@Irishka HaOs - Both of you don't seem too chatty, aren't you; judging by the post counts ;)

Anyways, have I missed something or is there still a chance for the match to be in Macedonia?
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Irishka

• Kemlynite
    • Merseyside Ornithology
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2012, 08:04:32 pm »
Niru Red4ever
We prefer to chat on Russian forums, it's much easier =)
And there is still a chance for the match to be in Macedonia - if they win 3-0 away on Thursday. But we don't want to think about it =))

mattsant
Inner belarusian trains\buses (Minsk-Gomel) are incredibly cheap - 2-3 pounds.

As for coming from Russia - in theory we don't have any border control between countries, and if you have russian visa, you can fly to Moscow and then come by train\bus without belarusian visa, but they still can accidentally check passports on the border and then there will be trouble. And they can accidentally check passports in the country and there will be trouble too.

Offline HaOs

• Kemlynite
    • Liverbird
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2012, 08:08:20 pm »
I don't know if UK citizens require a Russian visa, but Moscow option can be cheaper.
Can be relatively cheap, as only one night hotel stay is required.
Vilnius way is cheeper and more fast

UK-Vilnius (depends on airlines) + Vilnius-Minsk (3 hours train - 5-6 GBP)

You will probably need to get a Belarus visa before leaving UK though.

You definitely need to get a Belarus visa.

The one way to get in Belarus  without visa is from Russia
(sincewe have no control on Russia-Belarus border)

but this is illegal !

Any police control will finish with sadness

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2012, 08:11:31 pm »
And there is still a chance for the match to be in Macedonia - if they win 3-0 away on Thursday. But we don't want to think about it =))

All right, ta.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline HaOs

• Kemlynite
    • Liverbird
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »
Thats a miracle for me and Irishka.

We have made a trip to Sparta-Liverpool EL match (1st euro-LFC Dalglish match)

We were dreaming about trip to Anfield for a long time.

And finally we decided to visit for LFC-ManCity match (26th Aug) this summer.
We have all we need with the exception of   UK visa. Now we are waiting for it.

And today we get  "reds" in our country
2 weeks before our Liverpool trip.

F***ing unbelievable...

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2012, 08:49:19 pm »
belarus is a shithole ruled by a dictator in all but name
sounds just like Our country then!

Message for Irishka... How long is it by train from Minsk? Tks... Currently I'm looking at train from Kjiv, or rent a car....

Offline Irishka

• Kemlynite
    • Merseyside Ornithology
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:33 pm »

Message for Irishka... How long is it by train from Minsk? Tks... Currently I'm looking at train from Kjiv, or rent a car....

Minsk-Gomel - almost 5 hours. A couple of comfortable trains in the morning and day, I checked the prices just now - 1-2 pounds.
Trains from Kiev will probably be even quicker, Gomel is near blr-ukr border =)

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2012, 09:00:11 pm »
Minsk-Gomel - almost 5 hours. A couple of comfortable trains in the morning and day, I checked the prices just now - 1-2 pounds.
Trains from Kiev will probably be even quicker, Gomel is near blr-ukr border =)
many thanks for the prompt reply. Personally this will boil down to whether I get a Visa in time...

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2012, 09:01:43 pm »
One other thing... How are the hotels generally there? I've just returned fron the euros in Ukraine and hotels were quite limited. Tks

Offline Irishka

• Kemlynite
    • Merseyside Ornithology
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »
One other thing... How are the hotels generally there? I've just returned fron the euros in Ukraine and hotels were quite limited. Tks
As far as I remember, there are about 10 hotels in Gomel, some are better, some are total shit really. Much like Ukraine. You can see here - looks like these are ones of the best, except Uyut Hotel - I definitely don't advise to try it. http://www.booking.com/city/by/homyel.ru.html?sid=a14c67a6fcc9ded0ff700c6ad5a338dd;dcid=1

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2012, 09:29:15 pm »
Half tempted by this trip- there are flights out of Heathrow to Minsk with Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines starting from Ł200- trouble is i am not prepared to pay the ridiculous visa fee

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »
Been looking into it, but just too much hassle I feel, will just have to wait for group stages

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2012, 08:08:56 am »
Half tempted by this trip- there are flights out of Heathrow to Minsk with Lufthansa and Austrian Airlines starting from Ł200- trouble is i am not prepared to pay the ridiculous visa fee
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'd love to go but Ł114 to get a visa is horrific, if they say our match ticket is our visa a la Istanbul then it's back on but otherwise I think I'll have to wait and see who we get in the next round.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2012, 10:28:26 am »
How easy is it to get this visa?

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2012, 11:05:58 am »
Bit of a faf but not too bad if you get it sorted quickly. You need an invitation from the country (someone got their hotel to do it for a tenner), then you can get the visa online ( www.asla.co.uk ) for Ł75 quid + Ł43 handling fee for the agents and that takes 5 days, or it's Ł150 + Ł43 for an express one taking 2 days and they knock the handling down to Ł33 if you book your hotel with them.

My fingers are massively crossed that the ticket acts like a visa, however I doubt it as when Everton played BATE Borisov a while back they had to get normal visas like everyone else. But it was Everton so hardly worth Belarus making an exception for them, we might have more luck.

Offline Irishka

• Kemlynite
    • Merseyside Ornithology
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2012, 11:06:19 am »
Unfortunately, I don't know if it's easy.. They say it takes about 5 days. http://uk.mfa.gov.by/eng/consv/ 
Btw, England played Belarus in the WC2010 qual, many fans came to Minsk. Probably it's not so hard, just expensive.

markthescouser
I'm not sure they will do it (ticket=visa), they did nothing like that for the likes of Real, Barca, Juve an so on.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:11:53 am by Irishka »

Offline SteH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2012, 11:44:58 am »
 Nightmare this one for the visas given the time, there are agencies out there that will sort the invitaiton, but then theres less only 6-7 working days to get one sorted before the game, may well need an embassy visit to be certain of one. Realistically better making the assumption we get through and look at the play off round and group stages. There's no way they'll wave the visa for a Europa League qualifier, that sort of stuff only happens to make sure they get awarded a major final. Gomel fans will need a visa when they come here and I wouldnt expect the Home Office to waive it.

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2012, 02:09:11 pm »
gonna fuck this off, way to much fuckin about. There's another game before the groups after this isn't there?
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline meff

• istoffeles?
  • Kopite
  • does your dog bite?
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2012, 02:26:05 pm »
If you can get a cheapo flight to Warsaw there's also a sleeper train to Minsk but you'll have to factor in an extra day.

If travelling under your own steam however the usual cautionary notes apply where nations still somewhat aligned to the former Soviet bloc are concerned: You might struggle to get around if you don't speak any Russian, careful of taxi drivers ripping you off etc.
For those about to Klopp! We salute you

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2012, 03:15:21 pm »
Will the tickets for this be used for the purchase history, usually the qualifiers are not?

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 04:32:11 pm »
Will the tickets for this be used for the purchase history, usually the qualifiers are not?

count as a credit for the next euro away game you mean? they don't usually, in the past to have gone to a game like this they'd call in previous history in europe to give the regulars first dibs, the home leg of the tie is part of the auto cup so in effect it is being counted but when its comes to the final of this competition persay they'd probably only count credits from the group stages onwards, we've not been out of europe that long so previous 'rules' should still apply?
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »
liege a few yrs back was:-

Ticket Allocation: Tickets will be allocated as available and for as long as supplies last to Season Ticket holders, Corporate Members and Fan Card holders wishing to travel independently, and who attended one away European game during the group or knockout stages of last season's Champions League.

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »
Deffo skipping this one... Just rediculous with amount of time off and cost... Simply not worth it.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2012, 10:47:14 am »
Are you doing this one Matt?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2012, 08:26:29 pm »
liege a few yrs back was:-

Ticket Allocation: Tickets will be allocated as available and for as long as supplies last to Season Ticket holders, Corporate Members and Fan Card holders wishing to travel independently, and who attended one away European game during the group or knockout stages of last season's Champions League.

Liege was somewhere you could to and we only got about 1500 tickets.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »
Was thinking of going to this away, but the cost and faff is just too much. Will have to wait and hope that we get a decent one in the group stage
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline AJ

• a.k.a. Billy Two-Threads. Property of RAWK – soon to be raffled - has as much chance of becoming a mod as David Moyes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 08:41:27 pm »
Liege was fucking boss.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #67 on: July 22, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »
Liege was fucking boss.
It was brilliant, nearly missed the Eurostar the next morning as I was passed out at Brussels Midi station.  I'm going to have to miss Gomel though, I can't make it there and back in the time I can get off work, which is infuriating after all my bravado about how "I'm definitely going I don't' give a fuck if the games is on the moon."  Absolute nightmare getting there I think, but it has the potential to be brilliant for the few that can make the trip.

Haven't entirely given up hope but not looking good.  Maybe SOS could charter a flight out of JLA! Imagine we'd take at least 200 or whatever we need to fill one of those crappy little airliners.  If wishing made it so.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 09:49:05 am »
Liege was somewhere you could to and we only got about 1500 tickets.

wasn't saying Gomel was easy but just off topic as such as Mad Max was asking about credits and wanted to know if he went to this is he guaranteed for the next round, just posted that up seperate as an example to him of how it would work or how they've done it in the past.

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 06:00:44 pm »
Only getting home from Bulgaria on the second and quite a lot of hassle to get there... Looks like a swerve then, although you can just feel this would defo be one of those trips.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 10:17:11 pm by gnaume »

Online aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 10:13:01 pm »
Got a feeling there will be less at this than Trabzon or Skopje, so you may get a free towel thrown in from the club, sure that'll swing it for you if your undecided? ;)

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2012, 10:40:24 pm »
count as a credit for the next euro away game you mean? they don't usually, in the past to have gone to a game like this they'd call in previous history in europe to give the regulars first dibs, the home leg of the tie is part of the auto cup so in effect it is being counted but when its comes to the final of this competition persay they'd probably only count credits from the group stages onwards, we've not been out of europe that long so previous 'rules' should still apply?

Yes that's what I meant.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2012, 11:07:10 pm »
There is no point whatsoever in comparing Liege ticket details to this game. And lets remember, the second leg is still to be played so our opponents are not known for certain.

It's most likely that tickets will only be given out on any official flight, or will have to be collected in the town/city on the basis that any uincollected tickets will lose the credit.  I'm sure there will be no normal general sale of tickets, and no opportunity to credit-hunt. Anyone who does go will surely get a credit for future games in the group stage. Can see there being only about 20 at this game if it is Gomel.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2012, 11:27:21 pm »
As well as the towel i think i received a plastic carrier bag as thanks for the Trabzon trip

Online willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2012, 08:20:01 am »
There is no point whatsoever in comparing Liege ticket details to this game. And lets remember, the second leg is still to be played so our opponents are not known for certain.

It's most likely that tickets will only be given out on any official flight, or will have to be collected in the town/city on the basis that any uincollected tickets will lose the credit.  I'm sure there will be no normal general sale of tickets, and no opportunity to credit-hunt. Anyone who does go will surely get a credit for future games in the group stage. Can see there being only about 20 at this game if it is Gomel.
credit hunt for what. Qualifiers don't count anyway. Anyone buying a ticket with no intention of going is an idiot.

Offline HaOs

• Kemlynite
    • Liverbird
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2012, 08:50:39 am »
I suppose that many tickets predesignated for LFC will be out-of-use.

While LFC support in Belarus and ex-USSR is overanxious about local home-tickets and await "gold rush",
(stadium have 14 000 seats only)
but can not gain any away-ticket from UK due to ordering and transmission problems.

What is the best way (in your opinion) for us to obtain desired away-tickets from LFC?
Can we make arrangement to order some tickets with transmission through LFC charter flight?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 08:57:43 am by HaOs »

Offline mooromets

• Kemlynite
  • I'm the normal 2
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2012, 09:02:53 am »
Look,
there are 2 major reasons to visit this game (any away game)
- joy. You enjoy travelling. You enjoy a lively play.
- support. You want to give your support to the team. YNWA etc.. Liverpool shouldn't play without support.

In terms of joy, I don't think many of you will enjoy this trip. And the play... We're gonna see The Reserves against some Gomel FC :-/
In terms of support... I'm from Kiev. And I know Irishka and HaOs (from Belarus) who chated here. We expect hundreds of LFC supporters from all over the ex-USSR. It's not than easy to buy tickets for everybody to seat at the same place at a stadium - we're just working on it. But definetly there will be hundreds of LFC fans singing and supporting.
So, I think, those only should go, who enjoy weird countries, wierd places and always looking for difficulties no matter how much it will cost: "Is it difficult to get there? I'm in!"
...but those of you who finally reaches Belarus and/or Gomel will be welcome. Be sure. Just contact us via cellphone, e-mail, twitter, facebook, rawk, skype... I don't know... what else?

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2012, 09:42:51 am »
HaOs and Irishka you could contact the club and ask them for tickets with the Liverpool supporters and if they are willing to help you could pick them up at the clubs hotel !

if your an OLSC Im sure they can help cos they did that for us in Liege a few years back and when we played a friendly in Switzerland.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:31:46 pm by ant »
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Irishka

• Kemlynite
    • Merseyside Ornithology
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2012, 09:58:39 am »
Unfortunately we are not the OLSC =//  And today we greatly regret it =///
But thanks for the advice, we'll try to contact the club anyway. The probable allocation is something about 750 tickets, I guess there will be some left after all of you wishing to come will buy them...

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:27 pm »
Bit difficult trying to get a visa for Belarus!!!