Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3896338 times)

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
Re: Louis Van Gaal is the Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 03:13:12 pm »
He has just switched to a 5-3-2 with the Dutch team. This is probably due to the Dutch defense being shite though.

Probably 5-3-2 at United then...
I thought against Ecuador it was a 343 which is a quite Dutch like formation, I could have been wrong though.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2014, 03:13:30 pm »
Is he, along with 3 or 4 good additions, worth an extra 15-20 points? Probably.

His press conferences if they get off to a slow start will be cinematic though...in fact, even if they lose a game, they will be.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »
Why is everybody so sure he will be a disaster?

Because the Glazers probably won't give him the £200 million he will need to change the steaming pile of excrement left by Moyes into a challenging football team! Why would they, having seen the muppet they got for £27 million?

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2014, 03:14:39 pm »
Oh fuck is that all ?

No. He messed with journos and the press which will add a different dimension here considering it's the english press. They will kill him if he acts the way he usually does..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2014, 03:14:48 pm »
Yes! I hope this prediction turns out like the ones you've made before :P

Well I have to get one correct eventually. ;D

To be fair i've not made any predictions, I've just stated his qualities and I don't think anyone can argue with them. Whether he will bring the glory days back remains to be seen but he has the qualifications to do so for sure.

But seeing as you asked,we'll finish top 4 with him I reckon next season. Easily. ;)
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2014, 03:15:06 pm »
On the face value this looks like a good appointment. Would expect them to improve considerably upon last season. Definitely top 4 challengers.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2014, 03:15:44 pm »
He will probably be in for Strootman unfortunately.

I wouldn't worry about it. We're better than them. He's a much better manager than Moyes and a much bigger name so they'll probably attract some talent this summer and I'd expect them to compete much more next season. It was too much to hope for that they'd appoint another British manager who's done ok at a smaller relegation/mid-table club. Maybe Pulis would have cost too much?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2014, 03:16:03 pm »
Because the Glazers probably won't give him the £200 million he will need to change the steaming pile of excrement left by Moyes into a challenging football team! Why would they, having seen the muppet they got for £27 million?

Van Gaal doesn't need that, he will be fine with the players, this won't be the issue. It will be the english press and public which could end his time here pretty early...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2014, 03:17:17 pm »
Prediction: Van Gaal drops his pants & Giggs gets the wrong idea  :D

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2014, 03:17:43 pm »
It will be the same as everywhere van Gaal has been...

He will be building a foundation if they let him which the club will benefit for years to come, similar to Barca, Bayern, Ajax etc. In the meantime he will insult very person getting in his way possible within the club and annoy the shite out of everyone.

Sounds great. 8)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:17 pm »
Well I have to get one correct eventually. ;D

To be fair i've not made any predictions, I've just stated his qualities and I don't think anyone can argue with them. Whether he will bring the glory days back remains to be seen but he has the qualifications to do so for sure.

But seeing as you asked,we'll finish top 4 with him I reckon next season. Easily. ;)

;D

So, who do you want to win the World Cup?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:34 pm »
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2014, 03:19:46 pm »
Van Gaal doesn't need that, he will be fine with the players, this won't be the issue. It will be the english press and public which could end his time here pretty early...

So if he isn't supported to rebuild he'll be going into next season with a defence of

De Gea

Rafael  Smalling  Jones  Evra/Buttner

and a midfield made up of Carrick, Cleverley and Fellaini.

I hope you are right!  ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2014, 03:20:08 pm »
His best work as a coach was 20 years ago. Can't see him getting United back to anything like what they were under Ferguson but he'll obviously be an imrpovement on Moyes.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2014, 03:20:14 pm »

Thanks, mate.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2014, 03:20:28 pm »
Top 4 next year will be the most crucial it's ever been, with FFP and more importantly, the TV money doubling.

Get in Top 4 next season and you basically cut the teams below you adrift in that Europa League netherworld.  You won't have the financial muscle - or thanks to FFP, the ability to mortgage your future with 1 year crazy spending to get back onboard the CL luxury yacht.

Interestingly, Woodward hasn't made the 'I'm sure with van Gaal we'll be back winning titles' sales pitch. Reality has set in - top 4 is their be all and end all. 

Imperative that we build on our great season and leave Arsenal and the mancs worry about that 4th spot.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2014, 03:22:33 pm »
On the face value this looks like a good appointment. Would expect them to improve considerably upon last season. Definitely top 4 challengers.
Agreed. He's intense but skilled. Frankly just what they need right now. Hopefully he has a couple of meltdowns so we can still chuckle a bit next season. 
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:02 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:18 pm »
Imperative that we build on our great season and leave Arsenal and the mancs worry about that 4th spot.
Imagine that 10+ years ago.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:35 pm »
Van Gaal doesn't need that, he will be fine with the players..

Yeah right, Rooney is going to accept Van Persie telling him to keep out of the box and stop getting in "his" position? I'd love to hear Van Gaal explaining that to Shrek. How much will his advertising revenue drop if he isn't able to score any goals and just becomes Van Persie's ball boy?
And they aren't going to miss the loss of Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra all at once? Not to mention Giggs.
Take away the retirees and the utter crap and he'll only have half a squad to work with.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2014, 03:25:38 pm »
Strootman had a terrible knee injury that ended his season with Roma months ago; there's some risk to signing him straight away without seeing how he is post injury during games.

That said, a manager like him will bring his own set of contacts and player lists to the table in addition to Utd's pre-existing network, so they could perform much better in the market.

Good to see him at close quarters anyway, unfortunately it has to be at the Mancs.

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »
While I think he is a great coach and that's probably what they need right now, it's going to take a while before they start playing the way he wants them to. Next season is also going to be a bit of a write off imo with likely a 6th or 7th finish again as they struggle while adapting to a new system and possibly adapting new players in.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2014, 03:27:11 pm »
Wonder if the press will go for this foreign manager like they do the majority
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2014, 03:29:43 pm »
Hasn't really won much the past 15 years, wonder if he can still have the impact that United fans undoubtably will be expecting?

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #104 on: May 19, 2014, 03:29:59 pm »
Improvement on manager                                                                                             +20 points.
An already average squad a year older                                                                         -10 points
Bedding in a virtually new defence                                                                                -5 points
Rooney's fallout when he realises he's not the manager's favourite                             - 5 points
RVP's fallout when he sees Rooney doing fuck all for £300k a week                             - 5 points
Van Gaal's fallout when he realises Giggseh is fucking his daughter/wife/mother/dog - 10 points

Net result - Man U finish 10th with 15 less points than they achieved this season.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2014, 03:30:40 pm »
Well, it's a good appointment. Is it too much to ask hope him continue to provide entertainment, in a different way of course  :jester

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2014, 03:30:42 pm »
Sacked by Christmas
Don't be silly. That's not the "United way". If they give a manager a contract, then he sees it out.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2014, 03:32:12 pm »
The media will be sharpening their knives already if they have watched this  ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sviu9l3bew

Walking off like a foot stamping schoolgirl is gold to them  ;D ;D

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2014, 03:32:50 pm »
Wasn't he sacked at Barca leaving them near the bottom of the table and sacked by Bayern as well .

Get the feeling this is a time bomb that could be successful or just  go off ?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2014, 03:34:11 pm »
The three-year contract suggests no one is quite sure how this is going to work out but they're crossing their fingers and telling themselves that in the best of all possible worlds van Gaal will instil much-needed discipline into the dressing room (without causing a nuclear fall-out), hit the road running (which he's not known for) and then seamlessly hand over the reins to Giggs in a maximum of three years time, after the apprentice has suckled every drop of wisdom from the 65-year-old retiring master's teat.

Offline leiva-pool

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2014, 03:34:53 pm »
So if Moyes was the chosen one, what is Van Gaal?
Gary Neville is a c*nt - FACT!!!

Offline Livo.85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2014, 03:36:05 pm »
The default one?

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2014, 03:36:18 pm »

Steve Mclaren?
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »
From Wikipedia:
As a coach he is known as a slow starter who frequently finds his players needing ample time to grasp his tactics and intent of play. Generally his teams gather results in the second or third season under his coaching...
Sounds promising.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:05 pm »
Wasn't he sacked at Barca leaving them near the bottom of the table and sacked by Bayern as well .

Get the feeling this is a time bomb that could be successful or just  go off ?

did a decent job at Bayern and arguably laid the foundations for their current success, according to many.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #115 on: May 19, 2014, 03:38:53 pm »
His best work as a coach was 20 years ago.

Bit harsh considering he won the Bundesliga in 09/10.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 19, 2014, 03:39:29 pm »
The three-year contract suggests no one is quite sure how this is going to work out but they're crossing their fingers and telling themselves that in the best of all possible worlds van Gaal will instil much-needed discipline into the dressing room (without causing a nuclear fall-out), hit the road running (which he's not known for) and then seamlessly hand over the reins to Giggs in a maximum of three years time, after the apprentice has suckled every drop of wisdom from the 65-year-old retiring master's teat.

I keep hearing this but didn't he win the UEFA cup in his first season with Ajax, and a League and cup double with both Barca and Bayern in his first season?

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #117 on: May 19, 2014, 03:39:52 pm »
Moyes was given a free pass by the press in Britain. He will not. This should be interesting.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 03:42:11 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 19, 2014, 03:40:54 pm »
Bright young Manager appointed who will serve them well for many years.

The soap opera continues.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 19, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »
Great news for Van Persie. Terrible terrible news for the white Pele
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker