Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3901967 times)

royhendo

Re: Louis Van Gaal is the current Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2014, 08:07:27 pm »
He will be a success. But success in this context is getting 5th or 6th - they don't realise it.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »
Mata is in that bracket. Januzaj will be soon. Rafael (on 2012-13 form) is a brilliant right-back who went backwards last season under Moyes. And plenty of others are good players who can deliver infinitely more than they did last season because the ability is there i.e. Nani, Evans, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling. No team has 11 world class players... for Louis it will be about getting the most out of good players who underperformed last season whilst blending them with three or four top players.

I remember reading on here 12-18 months ago plenty of criticism of Skrtel, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Johnson... yet these players all played pivotal roles in a real title challenge. Rodgers got the most out of them, like Fergie used to do with many of our lads. Louis' biggest test is doing the same.
no Kagawa?
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2014, 08:27:53 pm »
Mata is in that bracket. Januzaj will be soon. Rafael (on 2012-13 form) is a brilliant right-back who went backwards last season under Moyes. And plenty of others are good players who can deliver infinitely more than they did last season because the ability is there i.e.Nani, Evans, Welbeck, Jones, Smalling. No team has 11 world class players... for Louis it will be about getting the most out of good players who underperformed last season whilst blending them with three or four top players.

I remember reading on here 12-18 months ago plenty of criticism of Skrtel, Henderson, Lucas, Allen, Johnson... yet these players all played pivotal roles in a real title challenge. Rodgers got the most out of them, like Fergie used to do with many of our lads. Louis' biggest test is doing the same.

Jaysus  :shocked
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2014, 08:34:43 pm »
He will be a success. But success in this context is getting 5th or 6th - they don't realise it.
Teehee and they got rid of Moyes, who defined 5th place as success.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2014, 08:34:55 pm »
Jaysus  :shocked

Well Steven Gerrard did say England's young talent is 'scary'. I can see how Phil Jones fits that description.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline underdog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2014, 08:39:43 pm »
I just don't see how a fairly average Utd squad improve enough in one season to compete fir CL place, I really don't. We know better than most that being the big guys just on the outside becomes an uphill struggle.

I really don't see anyone fearing Utd next season, at least no more than a trip away to any team outside of the top 6, that is something very hard to get back.

Us, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and (i honestly think) even the bitters may buy a couple of players. No one is standing still waiting for them to catch up.

As for us not competing next season, sorry for the bad news but the start of next season we have a Gerrard comfortable (and excelling) as a DM, Sterling (being 5 times the player who started last season) and Suarez from the start. That's without adding any new players and the effect of BR having had more time to teach more players, honestly we are winning it next season.

royhendo

« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2014, 08:43:48 pm »
Teehee and they got rid of Moyes, who defined 5th place as success.

City are City, Chelsea are Chelsea, we'll improve (we'll be stretched if we don't add quality in depth but not so much that it'll take us out of the top four), Arsenal will improve you'd think. Spurs will have upside too. Everton's fortunes will depend on how well they recruit. It'll be as competitive as last season though you have to think. Man Utd will have done well if they make the top four.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #407 on: May 20, 2014, 08:49:22 pm »
I think like after '09, Liverpool won't be able to mount another title challenge so soon. You kept going on momentum and adrenalin and your players gave everything, but I think narrowly missing out may have broken them. I don't think they have it in them to go again.

City and Chelsea will benefit from their managers getting a season under their belts, Arsenal are reinvigorated by winning a trophy and United simply from not having Moyes in charge.

You won't fall away as dramatically as you did that season but I think you've blown your best chance in 25 years.
Anything is possible but your analysis of why that happened (which is that it "broke" them) is a bit lacking. Maybe there were other factors?
Then when you analyse Liverpool's performance this season, and the conditions that brought it about you might find that the two scenarios have little in common.

Then you use very simplistic analysis of the other big teams to assume they will improve.

Did Chelsea benefit from Ancelotti getting  a season under his belt? Would Moyes have benefitted? Were Portsmouth re-invigorated by winning the FA Cup? How about Wigan? And Moyes of course wasn't in charge when Sunderland beat you one nil at Old Trafford two weeks ago.

But I get it, and I do it myself. I hope you lose every game and get relegated, but its probably not going to happen.

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2014, 08:52:25 pm »
He sort of reminds me of the guy who looks like a thumb
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2014, 09:08:00 pm »
Shitting it aren't you lads? ;)

aye

next season you're going to win the league and the champion league
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »
'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #411 on: May 20, 2014, 09:23:08 pm »
I think like after '09, Liverpool won't be able to mount another title challenge so soon. You kept going on momentum and adrenalin and your players gave everything, but I think narrowly missing out may have broken them. I don't think they have it in them to go again.

City and Chelsea will benefit from their managers getting a season under their belts, Arsenal are reinvigorated by winning a trophy and United simply from not having Moyes in charge.

You won't fall away as dramatically as you did that season but I think you've blown your best chance in 25 years.

I love it when you make predictions on here Cantona. LOVE IT. Keep them coming mate. If your previous predictions are anything to go by, happy days for us lad!

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #412 on: May 20, 2014, 09:27:29 pm »

We'll challenge for the title, and you won't finish in the top 4. And you can quote me on that.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 20, 2014, 09:30:39 pm »

:lmao

You and predictions, always bang on the money
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline tacklemyballs

• Lives on a diet of faeces.
  • Kopite
  • Peace and Love
« Reply #414 on: May 20, 2014, 09:35:19 pm »
I'd be mildly concerned if Holland had enough good players to make United a force again. I remember him at Barcelona (The succesful period) bringing in the cream of Dutch Football at the time. Kluivert, de Boar, Cocu, Zenden, Reiziger etc. You would think Van Gall would have a massive edge on recruiting Dutch players, fortunately Dutch football isn't what it used to be.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 09:38:47 pm by tacklemyballs »
"Sometimes you have to play in a position that you may not feel is your best."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #415 on: May 20, 2014, 09:37:47 pm »
I'd be mildly concerned if Holland had enough good players to make United a force again. I remember him at Barcelona (The succesful period) bringing in the cream of Dutch Football at the time. Kluivert, de Boar, Cocu, Zenden, Reiziger etc. Dutch football isn't what it used to be.

Long as he doesn't try to sign Dirk Kuyt, I think we're safe.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline pipebender

• Main Stander
« Reply #416 on: May 20, 2014, 09:37:56 pm »
Van Gaal puppet in spanish tv during his Barca tenure  :D

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2014, 10:07:30 pm »
They won't get top four. They might win a domestic trophy (going all out to do so that 'success' will be achieved). They are living in dreamland.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2014, 10:53:25 pm »
They won't get top four. They might win a domestic trophy (going all out to do so that 'success' will be achieved). They are living in dreamland.
I think they will get top four.  They might look like a title hope for a while  it will fade after Xmas....  4th maybe...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2014, 10:58:40 pm »

That's a lazy one there fella
Its not as if we're going again a week after the season finishes
If going that close breaks a team instead of making them, then they are not the type of characters that should be at the top level
I'm not buying the Arsenal one either
Infact I think it will have the opposite effect
I reckon Wenger will now have, in his mind, concrete proof that his methods lately are what they need to do to succeed.  i.e. start the season great, go top of the league, convince himself he doesn't need to sign anyone in January then proceed to get slaughtered by the big teams

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2014, 11:04:01 pm »
Has he fell out with himself yet?
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2014, 11:05:48 pm »
I'm enjoying this coming season already.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:19 pm »
I think they will get top four.  They might look like a title hope for a while  it will fade after Xmas....  4th maybe...

Of course it depends on who they sign - I'm expecting them to throw many darts and some of them will hit the board. But for me, there are too many imponderables: will val Gaal upset the apple cart too early? Who exactly will they sign? Who will they let go? Will Rooney kick up a fuss? Will Giggs try and be too influential? Will the fans give him time? Will van Gaal adapt to English football and will the players respond to his methods?

There are just too many reasons why it won't be a fairytale. Of course the majority of things could go right and they could get some luck (Moyes didn't get any, the poor bugger). Ultimately though I feel they'll flirt with 4th but will fall short. 5th and a cup would be my prediction.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 20, 2014, 11:36:42 pm »

Wishful thinking on your part fella. There are quite significant differences to both title challenges. The 09 was a result of several years of preparing for such a thing, building and making progress. There were players who were close to their peak. We also were no where near good enough in the final third [it's what caused us to draw 12 matches that year]

More importantly there was chaos off the pitch. Alonso left after his fall out with Benitez and we didn't get a replacement [Aquilani being made out of glass]. Nor do we enforce our strike force, everything was dependent on Torres and Gerrard playing well. There were distractions all over the place.

Which is totally different to where we are now. The vast majority of our players are very young, hungry for success and eager to prove themselves. Everyone is on the same page, from the board-room to the manager to the players. The goal is the same for everyone. That wasn't the case last time around.

Write us off at your own peril, you did it earlier this year when you predicted that we wouldn't finish in the top four and that you wouldnt finish outside the top four.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: May 21, 2014, 12:07:47 am »

S W A G G E R is back.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #426 on: May 21, 2014, 12:10:00 am »
Corner well and truly turned.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #427 on: May 21, 2014, 12:23:21 am »

What is your track record of predictions on RAWK like? Any good? Should I be worried?

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #428 on: May 21, 2014, 12:59:13 am »
I think this won't go well for them, I just don't see Van Gaal being a fit for that club, also Ferguson is still there and wouldn't surprise me in the least if he attempts to undermine him at the merest hint of a crisis!

They should win the league though given how easy it will be for them with no Europe to distract them this year.......
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #429 on: May 21, 2014, 12:59:58 am »
Manc fans blowing there beans again I see over this appointment, you would think they have learned there lesson after the "Choosen one" banner and the Moyes debacle . Not saying he will be or wont be a good appointment, just funny reading about how great and what a formidable man he is and how there the best again, yeah that's how football works ?  Whats next the Mancs giving away free van gall shaped space cakes and lessons in how to conceal your chin.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #430 on: May 21, 2014, 01:22:09 am »
fucking hell they think they're winning the league next season.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #431 on: May 21, 2014, 01:23:07 am »

This guarantees we're going to be even better next season ^^^
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #432 on: May 21, 2014, 01:42:27 am »
Chelsea are the only lot im shitting it from. City ain't got the hunger to go back to back. Arsenal are Arsenal.

While yourselves, you will improve and threaten us but not enough to overtake us. I can see you being within 6 points off us though, which would be a good achievement.
So you think United are going to get 89 points? That doesn't sound right!  ;D ... ::)

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: May 21, 2014, 03:18:17 am »

Typically worst case scenario prayer from opponent fans.

As it has already been pointed out, we challenged in 08-09 despite being a club in distress -- indeed the worst period in Club history.  Now can't be more different. 

Next season is going to be more difficult:  may it be for the title or "just" top 4, not only to us.  The same applies to everyone, you included, and if you are not aware of your own vulnerability, then bless you  :)

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: May 21, 2014, 07:26:15 am »
Who would have thought this time last year that we would go into the last day of the season with a chance to win the title. Nobody.

I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that they make a title challenge this year. They have a very good manager who already has some decent youngish players to help him (Mata, Januzaj, De Gea, Jones). He seems to have a good relationship with Van Persie and will get the best out of him. If Rooney buys into it theres another very good player at his disposal.

If they get 50% of the players being talked about they will have done very well. Any 2-3 of the following and they will be in great shape; Hummels, Mangala, Shaw, Lallana, Carvalho, Reus, Kroos, Strootman.

Factor in, like us this season, that they will have no european distraction and i could easily see them making a title challenge, never mind top 4.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2014, 09:03:14 am »
Long as he doesn't try to sign Dirk Kuyt, I think we're safe.
"Come and get me Louis! See, I'm still in demand by Europe's top clubs" (*not that they're in Europe)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27294217

Honestly, I'd love it (Keegan-style) if he went there.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2014, 09:06:00 am »
Corner well and truly turned.
United are in a rat maze. All those corners. All those dead ends.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2014, 09:13:20 am »
We'll challenge for the title, and you won't finish in the top 4. And you can quote me on that.

As soon as Moyes left a Manc friend of mine bet me £50 that they'd finish above us next season. I offered to double that bet, but he declined.

£50 it is.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2014, 09:28:14 am »
 ;D I think I may have worded my prediction slightly wrong. ;D

When I mentioned I think you would fall away but not as dramatically as after '09, I didn't mean you would fall apart like you did then, it's clear you are in a better position off the field then you were then.

But I do think you missed a golden chance last season, you were the only side without a settled manager bar Arsenal, we were in chaos and the title was up for grabs. Like I said, City and Chelsea will benefit from managers with another season in charge. They will strengthen already strong squads and Jose will add a top striker for sure. They have the squad to challenge on all fronts and will battle it out for the title.

Leaving LFC, Arsenal and United to fight it out for the remaining 2 spots. For the great season you had you still only finished 5 points ahead of Arsenal and they missed their in form player Ramsey for a huge chunk of the season, Wenger will spend this season on the striker they need. the FA cup win will do them the world of good and they will be stronger.

You fell away because of a lack of depth, no options on your bench and your players looked knackered both physically and mentally by the end of the season, despite playing many, many less games than your rivals. Remember you also had a poor showing in the cups to go with no European football. Of course you will strengthen, but enough to be able to challenge on all fronts? 4 trophies instead of the one? I doubt that. That's why I said you blew a golden chance to win the title.

Rodgers is building something good, but I do think another title challenge will be too much at least next season, instead consolidating your CL spot will be the target. Achieve that and perhaps with more building you may be able to challenge on multiple fronts.

We are the weakest of the challengers for top 4, but we will improve just from having a man in charge who knows how to manage at the highest level. He will know how to get the most out of top players like Van Persie, Rooney, Mata and Kagawa. If he can get them firing again we have plenty of goals in us and in De Gea we also have a great keeper. Van Gaal has a lot of work to do with rebuilding our defence and midfield but will have the money to help him, if he manages all this a top 4 finish is not beyond our reach.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 09:53:52 am by Cantona »
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #439 on: May 21, 2014, 10:01:37 am »

;D I think I may have worded my prediction slightly wrong. ;D

When I mentioned I think you would fall away but not as dramatically as after '09, I didn't mean you would fall apart like you did then, it's clear you are in a better position off the field then you were then.

But I do think you missed a golden chance last season, you were the only side without a settled manager bar Arsenal, we were in chaos and the title was up for grabs. Like I said, City and Chelsea will benefit from managers with another season in charge. They will strengthen already strong squads and Jose will add a top striker for sure. They have the squad to challenge on all fronts and will battle it out for the title.

Leaving LFC, Arsenal and United to fight it out for the remaining 2 spots. For the great season you had you still only finished 5 points ahead of Arsenal and they missed their in form player Ramsey for a huge chunk of the season, Wenger will spend this season on the striker they need. the FA cup win will do them the world of good and they will be stronger.

You fell away because of a lack of depth, no options on your bench and your players looked knackered both physically and mentally by the end of the season, despite playing many, many less games than your rivals. Remember you also had a poor showing in the cups to go with no European football. Of course you will strengthen, but enough to be able to challenge on all fronts? 4 trophies instead of the one? I doubt that. That's why I said you blew a golden chance to win the title.

Rodgers is building something good, but I do think another title challenge will be too much at least next season, instead consolidating your CL spot will be the target. Achieve that and perhaps with more building you may be able to challenge on multiple fronts.

We are the weakest of the challengers for top 4, but we will improve just from having a man in charge who knows how to manage at the highest level. He will know how to get the most out of top players like Van Persie, Rooney, Mata and Kagawa. If he can get them firing again we have plenty of goals in us and in De Gea we also have a great keeper. Van Gaal has a lot of work to do with rebuilding our defence and midfield but will have the money to help him, if he manages all this a top 4 finish is not beyond our reach.

So I guess We didn't have our injuries/suspensions this season??

What about our unsettled back four?

Although I agree with some of your opinion here, you've left a huge gap in not mentioning that Liverpool, yes Liverpool, could actually strengthen in the summer. I know it's probably hard for you to contemplate (considering you didn't at all in the above post) but this will likely happen, almost certainly actually.

I'm not saying were going to push again like we did this year but I certainly wouldn't rule it out. This notion of 'everyone was crap this year and will improve next year so yere fucked' is complete naive bollox.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981