Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 v 0 Burnley ‘18 Jota 69' Sadio  (Read 32816 times)

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 v 0 Burnley ‘18 Jota 69' Sadio
« Reply #560 on: August 24, 2021, 10:26:36 am »
At the risk of being accused of being reffist, our referees are piss poor due to the PGMOL not being up to the mark.

The core problem with PGMOL is a complete lack of accountability, so there's no impetus to improve standards or get rid of the dead wood. Quis custodiet and all that.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #561 on: August 24, 2021, 11:29:04 am »
I see everyone is getting on Klopp’s back regarding his comments.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #562 on: August 24, 2021, 11:36:27 am »

Where you expecting anything different? I certainly wasn't.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #563 on: August 24, 2021, 11:38:24 am »
Where you expecting anything different? I certainly wasn't.

He’s totally justified.

There’s at least five examples of really poor tackles. Plus the play acting when Gudmanson held his head.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #564 on: August 24, 2021, 11:42:18 am »

Klopp complaining about bad challenges = Klopp can piss off, we want the game to flow

Burnley wasting time all game so we only got one half of the ball actually in play = no comment

The standard of punditry is pitiful. If it's an English manager/English players on the receiving end of attacks (especially from a foreign manager) they'll always close ranks.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #565 on: August 24, 2021, 11:50:34 am »
He’s totally justified.

There’s at least five examples of really poor tackles. Plus the play acting when Gudmanson held his head.

Nick, I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying I am not surprised by how others are reacting to Klopp complaining, it's entirely predictable. I had a number of "debates" on twitter about these incidents. I regard things like this as highly dangerous. Take the Jota incident when he is attacked from the back unexpectedly, that could lead to a serious neck injury if a player falls badly, say nothing of whiplash as you are being hit by speed. It's highly irresponsible and refs should be disciplining players who do stuff like that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #566 on: August 24, 2021, 12:18:56 pm »
It looked so bad - still nothing but crickets
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #567 on: August 24, 2021, 01:11:13 pm »
Nick, I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying I am not surprised by how others are reacting to Klopp complaining, it's entirely predictable. I had a number of "debates" on twitter about these incidents. I regard things like this as highly dangerous. Take the Jota incident when he is attacked from the back unexpectedly, that could lead to a serious neck injury if a player falls badly, say nothing of whiplash as you are being hit by speed. It's highly irresponsible and refs should be disciplining players who do stuff like that.

The narrative was set from after the game on BT who all went against Klopp's comments - still sore from Klopp calling out BT last season and the Des Kelly row.

Then the MOTD panel/editing team closed ranks, so it was as if those incidents never happened and Klopp just made them up. Trumpian.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: August 24, 2021, 02:38:47 pm »
MOTD really pissed me off when they mentioned Klopp's comments regarding the tackles but never showed any of the incidents and tried to make out it was all mind games. Of course, no mention of VVD's first game back at Anfield since the shithouse challenge that went unpunished and put him out for the season last year.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #569 on: August 24, 2021, 02:41:30 pm »
MOTD really pissed me off when they mentioned Klopp's comments regarding the tackles but never showed any of the incidents and tried to make out it was all mind games. Of course, no mention of VVD's first game back at Anfield since the shithouse challenge that went unpunished and put him out for the season last year.
This was the weird part for me.

If you want to discuss it, fine, if you want to dismiss it, odd but fine. But they didn't even show what he was going on about.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #570 on: August 24, 2021, 03:36:29 pm »
This was the weird part for me.

If you want to discuss it, fine, if you want to dismiss it, odd but fine. But they didn't even show what he was going on about.
I think the problem with them devoting time to the issue is, to the general footie fans who mostly consume the game via MOTD, the narrative is: big team beat the little team, and to drag them through the gutter after they have lost is to rub their nose in it - perhaps?.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 03:39:26 pm by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #571 on: August 24, 2021, 05:24:29 pm »
I think it just highlights what's wrong with the MOTD pundit community in that most don't even watch the game but are expected to have an opinion.  And that's fine as nobody but a psycho can watch every minute of every game every week, especially now that we're back to multiple games kicking off at the same time.  The problem though is they act like they do by taking the opinion of someone that did watch the game and then running with it regardless of whether their opinion was right or wrong.  Because obviously in this case the pundits opinion was wrong. 

Not even from a Klopp perspective but from a Premier League selling a product perspective.  Who wants to pay money to watch a team keep the ball out of play and just try to wrestle their opponents to the ground?  Nobody as it's shit.  The fans in the stands should get a discount or a refund.  The TV companies should have their money go elsewhere.  It's just not what the game is about, not what kids should be shown as a viable way to play and should not be sold to people as something to be entertained by. 

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #572 on: August 24, 2021, 06:51:14 pm »
I think it just highlights what's wrong with the MOTD pundit community in that most don't even watch the game but are expected to have an opinion.  And that's fine as nobody but a psycho can watch every minute of every game every week, especially now that we're back to multiple games kicking off at the same time.

There were five 3pm kick-offs on Saturday, so even if they watched one of them live, that would mean cramming six hours of football (not counting time added on) into the five and 3/4 hours between the first one finishing at 4.45pm and MotD starting at 10.30pm.

Never mind being a psycho, they'd have to be Doctor fucking Who to watch them all in full. And not even take a break for a piss.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #573 on: August 24, 2021, 08:59:33 pm »
For me, the issue boils down to a more cynical focus than incompetence.   The league wants to distill a product to the lowest common denominator in an effort to maximize profit, which often means exaggerating facts, twisting narratives, and poking the bear in 20 different ways to get eyeballs.   The more nuanced supporters recognize this type of divide and conquer meme-ology and try to resist it with their own idea of what an ethical soccer culture looks like, but this still does not stop the spread of:

1.  Sensationalism posers calling themselves sports journalists
2.  the days talking points - which amount to a high school gossip shitshow
3.  the mangling of objective facts that we all can agree upon
4.  a narrow fairway of topics that flatter media companies and their employees
5.  while stirring up shit storms each week with no real consequence other than being experts at evading responsibility and recompense.

Sky Sports can ride the white lightening for all I care
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 01:07:03 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer