Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760614 times)

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #12240 on: November 28, 2021, 04:35:52 pm »
It's not our best chant but I think the message is more 'we can't just go and spend 100 million on Lukaku or Grealish' but we are still better than those 2 sides (starting 11 wise).

We need a much better chant for Jota, particularly as Bobby Firmino is getting sung around the ground when Jota is scoring 2.

Also don't think the Thiago song is taking off. People need to be clapping in between or it doesn't sound very good.

Yeah, the Thiago song is still being sung too fast, there's a similar problem with Sadio's song as well. People have learned to sing Bobby's slower though so there is some hope!

Jota deffo needs a song but it was nice to hear his name sung yesterday at least.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #12241 on: November 28, 2021, 05:08:33 pm »
The Anny Road is definitely an experience. I was on the divide yesterday and it was unbearable.

Was in 227, spent most of the match standing up to let people in and out of the row. Group of lads next to me turned up at 10 past, went down on 40, came back up on 50 and left on 85.

Anyone know what that fella was shouting about with the stewards in 228?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #12242 on: November 28, 2021, 05:16:42 pm »
It's not our best chant but I think the message is more 'we can't just go and spend 100 million on Lukaku or Grealish' but we are still better than those 2 sides (starting 11 wise).

Squad game though when it comes to trophies and we're up against the two most lavishly assembled squads in the sport (along with United) and currently behind them both in the league.

The chant can be taken in different ways, regarding whether it's a subtle dig at the owners while supporting the team, or a dig at people wanting to strengthen the squad as we'll still win the league.

It's one of them chants that works great if we're top of the league/really are going to win the league. Time will tell.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12243 on: November 28, 2021, 06:45:42 pm »
Was in 227, spent most of the match standing up to let people in and out of the row. Group of lads next to me turned up at 10 past, went down on 40, came back up on 50 and left on 85.

Anyone know what that fella was shouting about with the stewards in 228?

Would be interested to know too - there seemed to be 3 guys having a go at each other (seemed good natured). The one with glasses on his head was singing When the Saints go marching in    :o

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #12244 on: November 28, 2021, 10:37:09 pm »
Hope we bin off the 'we've got no money' chant. It's shite.

Is right .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #12245 on: November 28, 2021, 10:58:14 pm »
Yeah, the Thiago song is still being sung too fast, there's a similar problem with Sadio's song as well. People have learned to sing Bobby's slower though so there is some hope!

Jota deffo needs a song but it was nice to hear his name sung yesterday at least.

Every single song is sung too fast. It's a problem whether is crowd is up for it or not, heck after the Barcelona 4-0 game they played Webster's version of Allez Allez through the sound system and it took half a verse for everyone to go out of sync.
:D

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #12246 on: November 29, 2021, 01:39:00 am »
Sounded very flat for long periods on my stream

If you think Satdee was quiet you should have been there in the ‘80s. Fans breathing too loud back then used to get ejected for disturbing the peace.

Seriously, once the ‘70s had gone any low key straightforward Saturday 3pm fixture became morgue-like no matter how great the team were or how well they performed. And to be fair the atmosphere for corresponding low key straightforward games in recent seasons has been far better than it used to be.

One thing has never changed, however. And that is the fact that on those occasions when the Anfield crowd is needed then more often than not it is there to inspire the team. And that is surely what really matters as frustrating as so many both in the ground and afar seem to find the relative quiet of low key games.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #12247 on: November 29, 2021, 06:17:50 am »
I only streamed it, but I heard the most half-arsed "Your support is fucking shit" from the Southampton fans that died off before they even got to the end - which I thought was pretty funny

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12248 on: November 29, 2021, 07:34:24 am »

Also don't think the Thiago song is taking off. People need to be clapping in between or it doesn't sound very good.
The Thiago song is missing an intro. When it first did the rounds when he signed it had:

"You dance through the midfield like nobody does, the first time I saw you I knew it was love"
"Thiago, Thiago Alcantara"

Simply singing the 2nd line means you can't really get into a rhythm, as it's not bouncy like the Gini song or "Oh Mane Mane" (which I prefer to "Sadioooo Mane, Running down the wing").

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12249 on: November 29, 2021, 08:19:46 am »
Would be interested to know too - there seemed to be 3 guys having a go at each other (seemed good natured). The one with glasses on his head was singing When the Saints go marching in    :o

Think you answered your own question  :)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12250 on: November 29, 2021, 12:52:01 pm »
The Thiago song is missing an intro. When it first did the rounds when he signed it had:

"You dance through the midfield like nobody does, the first time I saw you I knew it was love"
"Thiago, Thiago Alcantara"

Simply singing the 2nd line means you can't really get into a rhythm, as it's not bouncy like the Gini song or "Oh Mane Mane" (which I prefer to "Sadioooo Mane, Running down the wing").

wish we sung the first line tbf, but also think people would try singing it in a high pitch and it would be awful
YNWA.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #12251 on: December 11, 2021, 05:46:28 pm »
Thought it was excellent for a 3pm kick off today.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12252 on: December 11, 2021, 05:49:31 pm »
Thought it was excellent for a 3pm kick off today.

Sounded good on the telly. Felt a bit like a derby today for some reason. The ref wound the crowd up enough as well.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #12253 on: December 11, 2021, 05:56:11 pm »
Yeah it did sound good over the telly. Especially the second half kicking towards the Kop. Kind of like Arsenal, it sounded like the Martinez time-wasting really got the crowd going and it didn´t really stop after that.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12254 on: December 11, 2021, 06:03:19 pm »
Yeah it did sound good over the telly. Especially the second half kicking towards the Kop. Kind of like Arsenal, it sounded like the Martinez time-wasting really got the crowd going and it didn´t really stop after that.
There's nothing like the opposition winding the crowd up to light a fire under the Kop.

Arteta learned that in the Arsenal game recently.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #12255 on: December 11, 2021, 06:05:46 pm »
Sounded like a big European night on my stream.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12256 on: December 11, 2021, 06:32:37 pm »
Good to hear. Saturday 3pm is usually flat. 0-0 kicking towards the Kop second half you'd expect the Kop to raise it.

Also the crowd with the momentum from the late winner last week.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #12257 on: December 11, 2021, 06:37:32 pm »
Sounded like a big European night on my stream.
You were watching the Barcelona 4-0 re-run, weren't you?  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12258 on: December 11, 2021, 06:50:28 pm »
The ref really wound the crowd up. Some aul lads in the lower kenny were on the verge of combustion
YNWA

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #12259 on: December 11, 2021, 06:52:37 pm »
The ref really wound the crowd up. Some aul lads in the lower kenny were on the verge of combustion
As was I, on the couch at home.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12260 on: December 11, 2021, 10:07:45 pm »
Was in 102 today by Trent corner - the atmosphere was brilliant- singing non stop - the main stand was like a bear pit at times - great result against a team of shithouses

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12261 on: December 11, 2021, 10:35:11 pm »
As was I, on the couch at home.

when they were time wasting to start the second half - 30 seconds to take the corner, 30+ to throw in the deep ball, and then Matinez's antics - I was going crazy.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12262 on: December 11, 2021, 10:43:28 pm »

This is where we suffered last season. We were getting terrible refs every week but it was at empty grounds, we didn't at least get the benefit of the crowd getting wound up.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12263 on: December 12, 2021, 12:03:24 am »
Think it'd be great for the crowd to just count, loudly and in unison everytime a goalkeeper starts wasting time.

Like to see them have the nerve to keep that up when 40000 are literally giving the ref proof of how fucking long they take.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12264 on: December 12, 2021, 10:38:23 am »
Sorry but it was just as poor as the rest of the home league games this year have been. Only Arsenal was any better. Every other Saturday when we’re struggling near the end was just stupid, and then it’s topped off moments later singing for Bobby when he’s not on the pitch again. At least the early Gerrard chants were drowned out instantly, support the team on the pitch first and foremost.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12265 on: December 12, 2021, 10:44:25 am »
singing for Bobby when he’s not on the pitch again....support the team on the pitch first and foremost.

Yeah, I bet the players on the pitch are listening out for the songs and get a bit downbeat if it's not a player on the pitch.
Should probably stop singing songs that mention Dalglish, Heighway, Rush etc.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12266 on: December 12, 2021, 11:07:48 am »
Sorry but it was just as poor as the rest of the home league games this year have been. Only Arsenal was any better. Every other Saturday when we’re struggling near the end was just stupid, and then it’s topped off moments later singing for Bobby when he’s not on the pitch again. At least the early Gerrard chants were drowned out instantly, support the team on the pitch first and foremost.
The atmosphere was way better than most of the league games so far. I do agree about every other Saturday though. It’s like once it’s been started it has to be finished regardless of what’s happening on the pitch
YNWA

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12267 on: December 12, 2021, 11:18:10 am »

[/quote]

Absolute bellends singing about an injured player who played a huge part in us winning the league and Cl. Imagine that. Fucking wankers.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #12268 on: December 16, 2021, 10:45:09 pm »
Deathly quiet tonight
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #12269 on: December 16, 2021, 10:52:20 pm »
It was eerie, similar to the Atletico game.

Doesn’t help when George whacks on some goth shite at half-time.
AHA!

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12270 on: December 16, 2021, 11:18:46 pm »
Pretty shite. Even in 305 which at least tried. Was likely the last game for ages what the hell happened
YNWA

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #12271 on: December 16, 2021, 11:55:12 pm »
Think I’d prefer it quiet to constant songs about tories.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #12272 on: December 17, 2021, 12:08:26 am »
Nah fuck the tories
YNWA

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12273 on: December 17, 2021, 12:47:14 am »
It was eerie, similar to the Atletico game.

Doesn’t help when George whacks on some goth shite at half-time.

Yeah it just felt weird with all the covid stuff again- especially after the Madrid experience

Offline Lechatdomestic

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12274 on: December 17, 2021, 08:36:12 am »
I was in upper main stand and atmosphere was dead. There were complete rows in front of us barely clapping or singing. A few people tried to get chants going but no response. Was wondering if people feel a bit scared about COVID and perhaps feeling they shouldn’t be singing or something?

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #12275 on: December 17, 2021, 08:53:28 am »
Didn't sound great on TV. Could just hear Newcastle going through the small club hymm book (is this a library etc). Nice of them to break out "Feed the scousers" despite coming from an area with the highest unemployment rate outside London. Always preferred Sunderland anyway.

Our lot sounded very quiet but I'd put that down to COVID concerns. I didn't go due to isolation but I imagine if I did I would be keeping to myself a whole lot more in fear of catching or spreading it through moving around, shouting and singing.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12276 on: December 17, 2021, 09:26:18 am »

Me too, singing about them doesn't help the players in the slightest.

Should keep politics out of football.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12277 on: December 17, 2021, 09:53:33 am »

Maybe.

Seriously, get to fuck.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12278 on: December 17, 2021, 09:55:08 am »
Pretty shite. Even in 305 which at least tried. Was likely the last game for ages what the hell happened

it wasn't good but between covid and the fact we were playing a team we were always likely to beat comfortably it was always going to be like that imo. The team were at about 35% of their usual intensity and we still won comfortably. Can't blame the crowd for doing the same.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12279 on: December 17, 2021, 10:05:42 am »

Haha.