Author Topic: Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Amazon TV series - September 2022)  (Read 40895 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power (Amazon TV series - September 2022)
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2022, 01:46:58 am »
If in this day and age you don’t know why it’s problematic that white people being cast in people of colour roles is nothing like POC being cast in “white” roles I don’t know what to say.

God knows what the attitude would be if the characters were gay. Or even worse, trans.

Time to stop punching down.
You see, this is an honest and up front opinion. I may not agree with it in a wider context, but we can agree what the issue is about and I can sympathise with this from the studio's point of view. I just hate the idea that everyone knows this exists, but some people don't seem to be able to admit it.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2022, 06:11:31 am »
Nope, that does not explain how casting two non-American actors is 'Americanisation'. Try again.

Tbf it doesn't matter anyway. This show is destined to fail. 99% of comments are negative and critical. I don't know the length of the series, but I'm assuming the idea is to copy Game of Thrones. I bet my balls this show won't reach season 2.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2022, 08:58:45 am »
Tbf it doesn't matter anyway. This show is destined to fail. 99% of comments are negative and critical. I don't know the length of the series, but I'm assuming the idea is to copy Game of Thrones. I bet my balls this show won't reach season 2.

They’re filming the second season before the first debuts!

It’ll be a success because Amazon will pour ridiculous amounts of cash into promoting it. I’ve no idea if it’ll be good or not, but if it’s not it won’t be because they dared to cast some non-white actors as elves. And the people making comments about the show represent a tiny, tiny proportion of potential viewers.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2022, 11:55:41 am »
Oh no the racists and incels are upset.

In other news,Monday follows Sunday.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2022, 11:58:00 am »
How is it destined to fail?

Hopefully it's good as a show in this genre is always welcome.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2022, 12:16:11 pm »
The negative opinions probably feel like the majority right now because the actual majority won't have an opinion yet since the first episode isn't even out! Give it time, if it's a good show the negativity will be overwhelmingly drowned out.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2022, 04:58:05 am »
well there go your balls. Whatever they’re worth.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2022, 05:25:11 pm »

:lmao

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2022, 07:07:00 pm »

Someone is going to have to give him an appropriate name change or custom title...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2022, 07:43:35 pm »
What a depressing thread.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2022, 07:57:30 pm »
What a depressing thread.

Gone all limp, has it?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #131 on: February 28, 2022, 09:38:42 pm »

You are assuming that everyone who goes on to watch it are also going on youtube and reading the "negative" comments. I would estimate that a huge proportion of people who watch this, won't be going on youtube at all but watching the show for themselves and judging it from that. That's the problem with fandoms in most cases, they have such a particular idea for a show that it's never going to live up to expectation. Other people won't be coming from that direction but will just watch it and decide whether its something they can get into or not.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JwjoV_2JcZ0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JwjoV_2JcZ0</a>
:D

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got a bad feeling about this. Reckon it could bomb spectacularly.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Got a bad feeling about this. Reckon it could bomb spectacularly.

Lenny Henry being the first person you see in a trailer doesn't bode well :D

The production looks amazing though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Gimli, Gloin, Delbert Wilkins

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Does it though? Looks too "polished" I think. Like The Hobbit in its time.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

First thing which came to mind ;D He actually looks alright but I couldn't shake the feeling I was watching him in a sketch show.
:D

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
First thing which came to mind ;D He actually looks alright but I couldn't shake the feeling I was watching him in a sketch show.
I even struggle to watch most dramas on ITV because I know who the actors are. A full suspension of disbelief requires fresh faces on the screen. I can assure the movie and tv people out there that the world has enough talented actors, and the old Hollywood style system should be allowed to die on its arse.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town

I still struggle with Lenny Henry taking himself seriously just in the same way I would if Russ Abbott was cast in this.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Russ Abbot is playing High King Gil-galad.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
For the amount of money they've spent of this to then go with a cast of relative unknowns is kind of stupid, no?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It looks crap.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
It looks crap.

To be fair its hard to tell considering all they did in that trailer is watch an asteroid.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To be fair its hard to tell considering all they did in that trailer is watch an asteroid.
Yep and most of it looked good (visually).

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Ah, yes, I remember that bit from the lore of the books where it describes Lenny Henry, a meteor, and a race of black hobbits too.

Am I a racist for pointing that out?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ah, yes, I remember that bit from the lore of the books where it describes Lenny Henry, a meteor, and a race of black hobbits too.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Quite
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Does it mention skin colour at all?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
What about people just watching it first before making your mind up?

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Still looking forward to seeing Peter Mullen. I think he will be great in this

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

I would have cast a load of elves who were black. For some reason I reckon that would trigger the racists more.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What about people just watching it first before making your mind up?
Craziest comment on the page ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
That looked... really cheap. Like, Doctor Who level special effects and makeup.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Is it not conceivable to you that like humans, hobbits might, as a species, contain many different skin colours?

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Craziest comment on the page ;D

Obviously.  ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Is it not conceivable to you that like humans, hobbits might, as a species, contain many different skin colours?
But Tolkien never said that in his writing, did he, so it has fuck all to do with what I think.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan

This is actually Lenny a Henry….

The lengths I went to
W