Author Topic: SORRY - He's got to go....  (Read 44613 times)

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
Re: SORRY - He's got to go....
« Reply #400 on: October 3, 2010, 07:36:58 pm »
More im
Sack the board.
More importantly, is it now time for a boycott to kick in?

With the results as they are now, ticket sales and attendances are (and will continue to naturally) dropping.

If SOS call for a boycott of matches before the 6th, it might crank up the pressure on the banks NOT to refinance.

Thommo's comments on Sly Sports yesterday will also have helped the cause.
"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline exile kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #401 on: October 3, 2010, 07:37:33 pm »
Yes, seems like it, but it doesnt bother me to support my Manager after 7 games. He has my backing, and I will not pannick unlike most of you lot.We will not finish 4th bottom. Stop sounding stupid. End of the Season we will be miles away from relegation. Quote me on that.

He had more then 7 games my friend, he also had a full preseason and it have really only been worse and worse.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THE GHOSTS IS EVERYWHERE

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #402 on: October 3, 2010, 07:37:40 pm »
I doubt we will get relegated, the players we have are way better than the position we are in. Unfortunately the manager has come in and tried to enforce a style and stuff the players into positions and roles to fit his style rather than assess the players we have and build the team plans around playing the best players in their best positions. We cant just sack Roy without having the plan in place for what follows next, be that Dalglish, O'Neill or some other top manager. Although Dalgish is great for sentiment, the fact is football has moved on a hell of a lot since he last managed, and it will be a very risky move to appoint him which could go either way.

Offline KUNGFUDANCER

• boring wum who thinks La Liga is on a par with the Scottish Premier League... clueless too... don't bother arguing with me because it will just make your head hurt...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: October 3, 2010, 07:37:43 pm »
10 pages about the manager going since the game ended, yet only 6 pages about the march and after game stay behind, and taht thread was started days ago. This is where the problem is, people are letting themselves get distracted.

Folks, seriously, you need to understand, thos of you that dont already, that whoever is manager of the club, as long as we are under the ownership of those bastards, its all irrelevant. Kenny takes over tomorrow, say he improves performances on the pitch, what does it mean long term? He cant take us to where we want to be, not with the current ownership. Or say he cant turn it round? What happens then?

Same goes for any name you want to throw out there to take over from Roy tonight, tomorrow, next week - it doesnt matter. Dont get me wrong, I DONT think Roy is the man for the job, I never have thought that and it would take a lot to convince me otherwise, but, right now, who the manager of our club is is NOT the matter we need to concern ourselves with. This club in its current guise is NOT Liverpool Football Club as we know and love it. Its like someone robbing your bank card and stealing your identity, thats whats happened to our club. Roy cant fix it, Kenny cant fix it, Rafa cant fix it, not the spirt of the great Shankly or Paisley can fix it.

We NEED to get rid of the owners, we NEED to focus our attention on removing the cancer from OUR Clunb, we NEED to get stability off the field, and only THEN can we really look to get back to where we were oh not so long ago, and whoever our manager is at that time we can get behind them and discuss the football matters of this Club.

Focusing right now on the manager is only distracting us from what is important, please, people, do not allow yourselves to be distracted, the only way forward is removing 'them'. THEN we can come back here and talk about the proper stuff, who should be left back, what position we need cover in, is the manager right for the job etc. At the moment I cant even think about these things, our Club will NOT be our Club as long as they own us, regardless of Roy being in charge or not.

Please, please, focus on the action we need to take. We MUST get the yanks out. Its not our key priority, its our ONLY priority.

YNWA

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: October 3, 2010, 07:37:59 pm »
Didn't say anything about Dalglish. I was just wondering how you can expect your views to be taken seriously when you write something which contradicts what you said not 30 seconds before.
Whatever Mr Picky. You get my point.... I dont have a degree in English like you do.

Offline dbroms

• Main Stander
« Reply #405 on: October 3, 2010, 07:38:07 pm »
are you fucking mental??

Why do you ask that ?  you think appointing dalglish will work do you ?  A man whos been out of the game for so long. we shouldnt let sentiment get in the way . agreed he has Liverpool in his heart but he will not be the answer, get shut of the owners first then we can all chat about who we want as manager then.

Offline skidz73

• Kind Kenny... what a gent...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't Drink and Post.
« Reply #406 on: October 3, 2010, 07:38:13 pm »
10 pages about the manager going since the game ended, yet only 6 pages about the march and after game stay behind, and taht thread was started days ago. This is where the problem is, people are letting themselves get distracted.

Exactly. Easy answers to big problems.
By the way, I should tell you that I haven’t had a chance to shower while making my way up here, my balls are extra vinegary.

Offline igloo

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields of Anfield Road....
« Reply #407 on: October 3, 2010, 07:39:02 pm »
Hogdson please take your hat and leave.... :wave
YNWA

Offline wenlock

• Main Stander
« Reply #408 on: October 3, 2010, 07:39:15 pm »
Out of curiosity was Sammy not there for the second half or was it just a matter of not seeing him on the tv shots that I was seeing?

For what it's worth I feel that RH needs to go now. I agree that getting rid of the owners is crucial but by the time they go we could be well and truly sucked into the usual relegation battle that goes on with up to half the premier league every season. Even if we were to get great new owners we will not find it very easy to attract any players of a decent nature if we are out of touch of the Europa League never mind the Champs League.

It's not just the dire foorball either that's the problem, for a guy who was expected to boost morale in the squad RH says all the wrong things everytime he opens his mouth and seems to already have pissed some players off never mind lower their morale or confidence.
"I'm surprised they don't charge me rent and rates."
Bob Paisley after his 11th visit to Wembley

Pheeny

« Reply #409 on: October 3, 2010, 07:39:37 pm »
so he can do to us what he did last time .......................walk out when the going gets tough. Dalglish should never be appointed manager . if we have to get rid of Roy it has to be after we get new owners then appoint a proper manager with good tactical know how and balls of steel  RAFA .
perm ban you fucking ignorant twat.

Offline gandt

• Kopite
  • just lFC
« Reply #410 on: October 3, 2010, 07:40:38 pm »
would cost us money i suppose to sack roy now, so bring in Roberto Di Matteo as manager and keep roy on as either a defensive coach  or a hat stand.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: October 3, 2010, 07:40:42 pm »
He had more then 7 games my friend, he also had a full preseason and it have really only been worse and worse.
He has indeed. However, I am not going to judge him now, only a couple of months after taking arguably the most difficult job in football Management right now. I will judge him at the end of the Season, and I think that is fair.

Offline Rafaroy

• Main Stander
  • RED4EVER YNWA
« Reply #412 on: October 3, 2010, 07:41:20 pm »
 Roy ! please go, and take most of that shower of shit that wear the red shirt with you. We are becoming a laughing stock to all football fans from around the world. I really dont know how much more i can take. The team i have supported all my live is becoming a gutless bunch of over paid spoilt brats.

Offline Obviously

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: October 3, 2010, 07:42:09 pm »

*Standing ovation*

Offline maher111

• Main Stander
  • You Beauty.
« Reply #414 on: October 3, 2010, 07:42:16 pm »
Sorry, but right now a Derby win would be like sticking a new carpet in the reception of the World Trade Centre. Yes it would look nice in isolation, but it's going to do fuck all to disguise everything that's happened around it.

A burning American flag as your profile and 9/11 jokes? Really got it in for the yanks?
I read the news today oh boy.

SOS - 7241

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #415 on: October 3, 2010, 07:42:23 pm »
Do you know, some people don't deserve a guy like Kenny on their side.

Thanks for the ban Pheeny, the mods get a lot of stick here but you are 100% correct, keep up the good work.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gigantic Lamb

• Seeks huge jar of mint sauce for quiet nights in. I need to think of a really really long Custom title. As long as possible... Any ideas PM me....I dont even like mint sauce....Whats your sauce? I am Saucy ........are you?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: October 3, 2010, 07:42:33 pm »
I took this from a poster on TIA,

Quote:
Whats wrong with this picture ?

Look where Sammy Lee is sitting. It was the same throughout the match. (2 rows back)

Who is Hodgson sitting next too ?
Right- Darren Burgess (Head, Fitness and Conditioning) joined summer 2010
Left- Peter Brukner (Head of Sports science) joined summer 2010
Behind- Zaf Iqbal (Team doctor) joined summer 2010

So the 3 people closest to Hodgson are all new to the club, and qualified in areas were they can offer little or no tactical advice.

hmmm
European Cups are like houses - Ultimately it's better to own than to rent.

http://twitter.com/giganticlamb

☆☆☆☆☆

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #417 on: October 3, 2010, 07:42:46 pm »
Whatever Mr Picky. You get my point.... I dont have a degree in English like you do.

Your only consistent point is the one on top of your head..

;)
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline JayCee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #418 on: October 3, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
Ignorant ???????????   the following word sums you up. Its a valid point mate , face up to it He walked out on us last time.
Time to turn off your PC and get a book on the aftermath of Hillsborough and the role of Dalglish. He'll never be forgotten for what he did and will never be frowned upon for leaving considering what he'd been through.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: October 3, 2010, 07:43:16 pm »
Roy ! please go, and take most of that shower of shit that wear the red shirt with you. We are becoming a laughing stock to all football fans from around the world. I really dont know how much more i can take. The team i have supported all my live is becoming a gutless bunch of over paid spoilt brats.
Laughing stock only until now? When was the last time we won the League?! Its been a long time of 'laughing stock' I think...

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: October 3, 2010, 07:44:08 pm »
Look where Sammy Lee is sitting. It was the same throughout the match. (2 rows back)

......rumours around Sammy is not a happy man......
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #421 on: October 3, 2010, 07:44:36 pm »

Folks, seriously, you need to understand, thos of you that dont already, that whoever is manager of the club, as long as we are under the ownership of those bastards, its all irrelevant. Kenny takes over tomorrow, say he improves performances on the pitch, what does it mean long term? He cant take us to where we want to be, not with the current ownership. Or say he cant turn it round? What happens then?

Same goes for any name you want to throw out there to take over from Roy tonight, tomorrow, next week - it doesnt matter. Dont get me wrong, I DONT think Roy is the man for the job, I never have thought that and it would take a lot to convince me otherwise, but, right now, who the manager of our club is is NOT the matter we need to concern ourselves with. This club in its current guise is NOT Liverpool Football Club as we know and love it. Its like someone robbing your bank card and stealing your identity, thats whats happened to our club. Roy cant fix it, Kenny cant fix it, Rafa cant fix it, not the spirt of the great Shankly or Paisley can fix it.

We NEED to get rid of the owners, we NEED to focus our attention on removing the cancer from OUR Clunb, we NEED to get stability off the field, and only THEN can we really look to get back to where we were oh not so long ago, and whoever our manager is at that time we can get behind them and discuss the football matters of this Club.

Focusing right now on the manager is only distracting us from what is important, please, people, do not allow yourselves to be distracted, the only way forward is removing 'them'. THEN we can come back here and talk about the proper stuff, who should be left back, what position we need cover in, is the manager right for the job etc. At the moment I cant even think about these things, our Club will NOT be our Club as long as they own us, regardless of Roy being in charge or not.

Please, please, focus on the action we need to take. We MUST get the yanks out. Its not our key priority, its our ONLY priority.

YNWA

Great post.

YANKS OUT first, then let's take it from there.
JFT97

Offline Khal

• Kopite
« Reply #422 on: October 3, 2010, 07:45:03 pm »
Were in the mire Hodgson not good enough is the smaller problem needs to be change on all fronts starting from getting the c*nts out.

Offline Jokerman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: October 3, 2010, 07:45:42 pm »

YNWA

Absolutely. Spot on.
How come Aquilani wasn't in the squad today?

Solving the drought in East Africa with his fancy flicks.

Offline silver 5 star

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 3, 2010, 07:46:00 pm »
 gandt
Anny Roader

« Reply #417 on: Today at 07:40:38 PM »
would cost us money i suppose to sack roy now, so bring in Roberto Di Matteo as manager and keep roy on as either a defensive coach  or a hat stand.
Report to moderator     Logged

Not a bad shout that.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #425 on: October 3, 2010, 07:46:25 pm »
pathetic tactics + he seems to stubborn to change them. poulsen is like a passenger, i just dont seem to see what he adds to our team, he just seems to get bypassed.. i just want him out asap. the tactics are horrendous.

Offline spudlington77

• Main Stander
« Reply #426 on: October 3, 2010, 07:46:33 pm »

:lmao
Dont know much 'bout dancin'
That's why i's got this song
one of my legs is shorter than the other
and both my feets too long....

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 3, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »
Your only consistent point is the one on top of your head..

;)
Give me a break. I dont see how a Liverpool Supporter backing his Manager under a current 'on the pitch' mini crisis is Wrong. I for one will back the Manager until he is given enough time for me to judge over a period of time...And that will be minumum of a Season.  :wave

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: October 3, 2010, 07:47:40 pm »
A burning American flag as your profile and 9/11 jokes? Really got it in for the yanks?

Just for two of them.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: October 3, 2010, 07:47:44 pm »
SWEDENRED? yerrr 4  points off being champs only 16 months ago is laughing stock isant it?
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #430 on: October 3, 2010, 07:47:47 pm »
The Liverpool way is long gone thanks to Mr Moore’s and Parry, Mr Hicks and Gillette and Mr Purslow and Broughton.  This is the most critical time in our history. The results at the moment ar shocking, but surely secondary to the ownership issues - the future of the club. 

Like so many on here I wanted Roy to at least steady the ship as it was bound to be a bit rudderless when Rafa was ousted.  Didn’t have any problem with him particularly as I thought that any really great manager was either out of our price bracket or too wise to consider coming to Anfield during this turbulent time.  However, it’s clear he is struggling. and I really think he’s out of his depth and I’m convinced he won’t be here by Christmas – this is Blackburn all over again for Roy, (but bigger and uglier)

But it would be stupid to get rid of him right now if, as I dearly hope, there’s going to be a change of ownership very soon.  At that point a new owner would surely want their own man in charge and Roy can go with a modicum of dignity citing a change as the reason (and I hope to God Purslow goes with him).

I know this is a get rid of Roy thread, but the focus has still got to be on the owners, the banks and the board. Sort out our club you motherf**kers!! :no

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:02 pm »
Why do you ask that ?  you think appointing dalglish will work do you ?  A man whos been out of the game for so long. we shouldnt let sentiment get in the way . agreed he has Liverpool in his heart but he will not be the answer, get shut of the owners first then we can all chat about who we want as manager then.

the first bit you said, about Dalglish walking away 'when things got tough' and your suggestion that he doesn't deserve the job because of that.
thats just insulting to the man, maybe you're too young to remember what was going on back then.
as I've said in many other posts, I don't want Kenny to get he job either, but not for the same reasons you seem to have.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #432 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:04 pm »
Great post.

YANKS OUT first, then let's take it from there.
But... And Its a BIG but, if we get relegated then we are really totally and utterly fucked. We can't ignore the manager totally.  I do agree that it shouldn't get in the way of getting the vermin out though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jimjam55

• Main Stander
  • trust in rafa
« Reply #433 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:12 pm »
did i not read somewhere that it was Kenny D, after being turned down for the job,was given the task of interviewing applicants for the job and did he not reccomend Roy Hodson,it's the board that are the problem, season ticket holder at chelsea Broughton is on our board! he must be loving all this,
jimjam

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:21 pm »
Time to turn off your PC and get a book on the aftermath of Hillsborough and the role of Dalglish. He'll never be forgotten for what he did and will never be frowned upon for leaving considering what he'd been through.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

i think he was looking for a fight , he's from elsmere  port and 43 years of age so he knows exactly what went on and the reasons Dalglish
had to leave .

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:38 pm »
He has indeed. However, I am not going to judge him now, only a couple of months after taking arguably the most difficult job in football Management right now. I will judge him at the end of the Season, and I think that is fair.

This has nothing to do with being "fair". It's not a reality TV show where some lucky punter gets to manage Liverpool for a season before being judged.

Forget the results. Forget the tactics. Read his own words in the papers this morning - about how it's "insulting" to ask if his approach doesn't translate from Fulham to Liverpool, because his unchanging methods have served him well for 35 years, at giants of European football such as Halmstads and Malmo and made him one of "the most respected coaches in Europe". His own fucking words.

Decent bloke, my arse. He'd have resigned by 5pm today if he was. It's not the Liverpool Way to accept mediocrity and fail to recognise a terrible mistake.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline thew

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:42 pm »
All those involved with putting Hodgson in charge have to go.

He must be sacked as soon as possible  to try and stop this downward spiral - Kenny as a caretaker manager until the end of the season  looks like the logical choice.

This is becoming horrendous.

Offline cashmere pringle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: October 3, 2010, 07:48:59 pm »
this comment on guardian blog !!!!!!!!!!!
Blackpool are a tough team, we haven't beaten them at Anfield for goodness knows how many years. I've got to say my expectations were not that high anyway. I am a little disappointed to lose the game but would not have been disappointed if we could have held them to a draw.

they are taking the piss

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #438 on: October 3, 2010, 07:49:00 pm »
As long as we do not get relegated, it doesn't matter what position we end up in. The net difference in prize money is very small, and since we all know Champions League football next season is a pipe dream now, 4 or 5 million quid here or there doesn't really mean much. It's harsh, I know, but you have to separate emotion from analysis.

What matters more is the state of the club after the Roy Hodgson era is over. If Roy costs this club 3-4 young players who go on to become 10m+ players while signing 29 year olds who will depreciate to zero, any new owner will have to eat that loss. Far better to keep the youth and sell the aging, for the club's sake *regardless* of future ownership.

But Hodgson has overseen an alarming reduction in squad value so far, not to mention future potential. Each asset he buys is worth less with each passing day. Lucas cost 6.5m and with proper negotiation, may be sold for at least that much, if not more. Potentially, his stock could rise two fold. Insua is the same. However, Poulsen will never, ever be worth what we paid for him. Neither will Konchesky. Joe Cole costs us 4m a year, has already earned around that much in a signing bonus, and it's difficult to envision a scenario in which we sell him next year for 12m. 

It's a distinct possibility that we will not get new owners even if RBS forces Hicks' hand. Even if we are sold, there is no guarantee that the next owner will be a benevolent one who has more money than business sense. Someone who bottom-fishes for cheap investment opportunities rarely overspends.

For that reason, we must arrest the decline and lock the doors as soon as possible. We spent years thinking Mash was worth twice as much as he was eventually sold for. Insua walked away for salary. I used to think we'd get 60m for Torres; now I feel that he can name his team, and force our hand into paying about half that.

Roy's not a negotiator. He's not a brilliant strategist. He's not renowned for his scouting brilliance. And we've now seen that he's not a steadier of the ship. The longer he sticks around, the more expensive his shortcomings will become.

The longer Hodgson sticks around, the more Riojas get popped for lunch. Sooner rather than later, the wine cellar will be empty while we all are still pimping ourselves to fantasy owners.

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: October 3, 2010, 07:51:47 pm »
I have to say he has to go. Rafa recommended Kenny to begin with and we should of gone with that. Could not have done any worse!
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter