Author Topic: The FOOTBALL BETS thread  (Read 3675788 times)

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
Re: The FOOTBALL BETS thread
« Reply #77320 on: July 27, 2021, 10:51:16 am »
got too roped in at euros

have taken a break from pp account. 30 day min. if i could have extended it i would have
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77321 on: July 27, 2021, 12:04:29 pm »
Whats the best site to do a big pre-season acca on? Teams to finish top half, teams to get relegated, different leagues etc?

You're best probably adding everything you want on oddschecker then placing it on the site that gives the best odds.

I don't think many, if any at all, allow you to add 2 from the same league. So Liverpool to win the league, Everton to get relegated for example can't be in the same acca. You can request them as specials though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #77322 on: July 27, 2021, 12:18:12 pm »
fella i know usually picks teams to win championship, league one and two. He got very close last year

Think it was 2011-2 he had 20 on the three winners and nailed it, 7k

He told us about it early on, every week towards the end of the season we were really rooting for him.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77323 on: July 27, 2021, 01:35:35 pm »
I have

Italy to win the Euros
Palace to be relegated
West Brom to be promoted
Celtic to win the SPL
Real to win La Liga
Molde to win the Eliteserien
Salford to be promoted

£5 returns £4760.74

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #77324 on: July 27, 2021, 02:09:34 pm »
I reckon Palace are letting you down there chum
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77325 on: July 27, 2021, 02:49:42 pm »
I reckon Palace are letting you down there chum

I think Celtic will be the ones. Not having a very good pre season.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77326 on: August 2, 2021, 11:02:13 am »
Did a nice big 15 competition acca for the season, across a few different sports, had Mexico down to win the Gold Cup as my first one :duh :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77327 on: August 2, 2021, 11:03:37 am »
Did a nice big 15 competition acca for the season, across a few different sports, had Mexico down to win the Gold Cup as my first one :duh :duh

As predicted, Celtic are already fucking up my one  ;D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77328 on: August 2, 2021, 11:05:32 am »
I have another

Rangers
Everton to win 'without the big 6'
Real
Juve
Porto
Malmo
Zenit
Derby relegated
Bayern DFB Pokal
Chelsea League Cup

£5 returns £24141.30

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77329 on: August 2, 2021, 11:08:04 am »
I can pinpoint where that one might go wrong Barney :D

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77330 on: August 2, 2021, 11:16:18 am »
I got swept up in the Rafa fanfare  ;D

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77331 on: August 2, 2021, 12:14:18 pm »
For those who want to do multibets involving lots of things eg Liverpool to win league, Man C to finish 2nd, Crystal palace and Newcastle to be relegated. Sky have tons of those type of bets, i always find it interesting to trawl through all the options for any that stand out as value.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77332 on: August 2, 2021, 12:58:34 pm »
PP/Betfair

Salah to have 60+ shots on target next season at 9/1.

Only had 52 last season but we were wank for most of it. 59 in 19/20, 64 in 18/19 and 67 in 17/18.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77333 on: August 2, 2021, 01:31:37 pm »
For those who want to do multibets involving lots of things eg Liverpool to win league, Man C to finish 2nd, Crystal palace and Newcastle to be relegated. Sky have tons of those type of bets, i always find it interesting to trawl through all the options for any that stand out as value.

A few of those I like the look of

Arsenal/Leicester/Spurs to finish top half, Brighton/Burnley/Palace/Villa/Newcastle to finish bottom half 6/1
Chelsea top 4, Spurs outside the top 6, Brentford and Norwich relegated 15/2
Chelsea and red mancs top 4, Leeds bottom half, Palace relegated 8/1
Chelsea, both Mancs top 4, Leicester/West Ham top half, Brentford and Palace relegated 20/1

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #77334 on: August 2, 2021, 08:07:58 pm »
A few of those I like the look of

Arsenal/Leicester/Spurs to finish top half, Brighton/Burnley/Palace/Villa/Newcastle to finish bottom half 6/1
Chelsea top 4, Spurs outside the top 6, Brentford and Norwich relegated 15/2
Chelsea and red mancs top 4, Leeds bottom half, Palace relegated 8/1
Chelsea, both Mancs top 4, Leicester/West Ham top half, Brentford and Palace relegated 20/1
I think Villa and Brighton have a good opportunity to finish top 10 with Villa probably top 8. Spurs will probably drop into the bottom half unless Kane stays.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77335 on: August 8, 2021, 09:02:45 pm »
£25 on the Toon to finish top 4.

Easy money    ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77336 on: August 8, 2021, 09:15:54 pm »
You’d have got better odds than 50/1 on here

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77337 on: August 8, 2021, 09:44:44 pm »
50/1 is literally the worst odds out there. Most places are 80-100

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77338 on: August 8, 2021, 10:03:51 pm »
50/1 is literally the worst odds out there. Most places are 80-100
REALLY?  I had no idea, BetFred was the only betting site I went on and now you have learned me that I'm fucking pissed haha.  Not that I expect any returns, it's just a bit of fun really . . . . unless they do a Leicester but with Fat Mike and Fathead Bruce running the show I very much doubt it.

You’d have got better odds than 50/1 on here
A'hhhh well that is nice to know but my question is could I actually trust anyone on here to hand over the money?

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77339 on: August 9, 2021, 07:21:20 pm »
You should always check on the Oddschecker website for best odds m8, shows most bookies odds for nearly everything.

Eg. Just checked odds for that and Sky, Paddy Power and Betfair all offer 100/1.

Btw Paddy Power and Betfair are owned by same company, so their odds are nearly always the same.
« Last Edit: August 9, 2021, 07:27:12 pm by Crouch Potato »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77340 on: August 9, 2021, 08:40:57 pm »
You should always check on the Oddschecker website for best odds m8, shows most bookies odds for nearly everything.

Eg. Just checked odds for that and Sky, Paddy Power and Betfair all offer 100/1.

Btw Paddy Power and Betfair are owned by same company, so their odds are nearly always the same.
OK thanks very much for the info, I appreciate it.

I'm not a gambler as such and in all honesty it was a spur of the moment thing, I just jumped in without thinking.

PS
I have just bookmarked the oddschecker website incase I get the urge to chuck some more money down the drain . . . . . o'hh and something else, when I went on there I see if I had opened an account with a different company I could have had £25 or £30 in free bets    :duh

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77341 on: August 10, 2021, 11:33:35 pm »
Yeah, a tip for anyone when opening an account with nearly ANY new bookie, they nearly always have some sort of new customer offer.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77342 on: August 12, 2021, 11:10:24 pm »
Has anyone gone full time doing this in general (is that just a myth?)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77343 on: August 12, 2021, 11:17:34 pm »
Has anyone gone full time doing this in general (is that just a myth?)

Gambling full time do you mean?

I haven't, but in the last 13/14 months I've taken more from betting than I have from my job.

I'd imagine becoming a full time gambler would be nigh on impossible given you'd likely be gubbed very quickly. I've lost 4 accounts with Paddy Power since about this time last year.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77344 on: August 13, 2021, 09:23:53 am »
Gambling full time do you mean?

I haven't, but in the last 13/14 months I've taken more from betting than I have from my job.

I'd imagine becoming a full time gambler would be nigh on impossible given you'd likely be gubbed very quickly. I've lost 4 accounts with Paddy Power since about this time last year.
Yeah mate gambling in general. Was having a conversation about it at work.

I didn't see how the likes of Betfair wouldn't restrict your bets or close account depending on how well you was doing.

Nice one! My best month was a few years back where I did something similar to what you did.

I just didn't understand how some people do this full time (or say they do).

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #77345 on: August 13, 2021, 11:24:57 am »
Be nice to get this thread going again. I'm as guilty as everyone for not posting but it used to be full of activity a few years ago, sharing tips and celebrating peoples wins!

Was anyone on that thing a few seasons a go where 4/5 of us found a good (researched) single bet each weekend and we all made a small acca out of it, can't remember if that was on here or another forum?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77346 on: August 13, 2021, 11:48:59 am »
Yeah mate gambling in general. Was having a conversation about it at work.

I didn't see how the likes of Betfair wouldn't restrict your bets or close account depending on how well you was doing.

Nice one! My best month was a few years back where I did something similar to what you did.

I just didn't understand how some people do this full time (or say they do).

I'd guess you could do it through arbing, but that's not something I get involved in. I can barely understand the Betfair exchange never mind getting involved in that racket.

Not really sure how I've lost all the PP accounts but not my Betfair one to be honest. The profit I have taken from Betfair is around the same as the 4 PP accounts combined, so I do expect to lose it every time I win a bet  ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #77347 on: August 13, 2021, 12:06:08 pm »
Be nice to get this thread going again. I'm as guilty as everyone for not posting but it used to be full of activity a few years ago, sharing tips and celebrating peoples wins!

Was anyone on that thing a few seasons a go where 4/5 of us found a good (researched) single bet each weekend and we all made a small acca out of it, can't remember if that was on here or another forum?

Give us the first leg of this weekend's winning acca then mate and we'll get it rolling... :)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #77348 on: August 13, 2021, 01:10:03 pm »
What are we looking for, something around the evens mark?

Cant get on gambling sites at work but what about Man United - Leeds BTTS

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77349 on: August 13, 2021, 01:21:03 pm »
I'd say with group accas the rules should be laid out before hand. Too much bickering otherwise.

For example

Minimum odds of 1/2, maximum odds of 2/1
Someone else's choice isn't up for discussion. It's their choice not yours.
Not everyone uses the same bookie, so no random selections like -1.5 Asian handicap unless everyone is using Bet365

Things like that need to be agreed in advance 

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77350 on: August 13, 2021, 01:29:46 pm »
Week 1 of the Premier League predictions is now open. Sign up here - https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=348983.0
Predictions here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345977.0
Chat here https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349029.0

LFC Prediction League is open and under way https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349019.0

Skittle's Betcher Bottom Dollar League also now open for 2021/22 season.   https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=349009.0

We could do with a few new entrants for the LFC prediction league if anyone is interested

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77351 on: August 13, 2021, 05:16:11 pm »
Not really sure how I've lost all the PP accounts but not my Betfair one to be honest. The profit I have taken from Betfair is around the same as the 4 PP accounts combined, so I do expect to lose it every time I win a bet  ;D

Fuck me. No sooner have I said that and they've went and gubbed me today  :butt ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77352 on: August 13, 2021, 07:24:46 pm »
Have to go woth toney ags today. Probably wont end up living up to the hype but expect him to start well

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77353 on: August 13, 2021, 08:17:32 pm »
Fuck me. No sooner have I said that and they've went and gubbed me today  :butt ;D
FFS no way? Do they give you a reason for it?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77354 on: August 13, 2021, 08:17:58 pm »

Sounds good mate.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77355 on: August 13, 2021, 09:58:32 pm »
FFS no way? Do they give you a reason for it?

No. You just fire a stake in a bet you're going to do only to see your max bet about 90% less than what it should be.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77356 on: August 13, 2021, 10:52:11 pm »
No. You just fire a stake in a bet you're going to do only to see your max bet about 90% less than what it should be.
Even on the exchange?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77357 on: August 14, 2021, 10:09:12 am »
Even on the exchange?

Exchange is fine, but i rarely use it.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77358 on: August 14, 2021, 10:30:41 am »
Looking at Brann Bergen v Sandefjord in Norway tomorrow. Home team rock bottom - recruited some new players. Welcome session ended up in a after party at the stadium. Booze/drugs and possible rape (bunch of 18-20 year girls were invited.1st player fired and 1-2 more possible. Sandefjord at more than three in odds. Or possible DNB
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #77359 on: August 14, 2021, 03:04:44 pm »
Fancy spurs tomorrow afternoon!
Nuno has a great record against city in prem
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.